Re: What are the names of your instruments?
Posted on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Sensai Steve

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/8217127/
Well, I'm a bassist and I have two bass guitars. They are my pride and joy.

The first one is my cherry red Fender Jazz Bass. This one is particularly special as it was built in 1977 in California, one of the original California Series lines of Jazz basses (serial numbers on the neck tell me that she's number 200 out of 300). I bought it from a junk shop for $100 and it turns out she's worth over $3000, still who knew? Anyways, her name is Cherry. She's mainly used for playing country and certain pop songs.

My next guitar is a modified Yamaha TRB1004. It has a stock Yamaha body but I have added the  just a nut pickups from the Warwick Thumb series, plus a bolt on neck. She's got a gorgeous sound. Her name is Michelle. 

Out of the two, Michelle is my favourite. She has the purest, crispest and deepest sound you can ever hear on a bass. Good for everything except pop and country.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Leah Dizon, you will always have a special place in my heart. I am waiting patiently for your return.  Onion Love
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Don Dio

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I have 15 guitars and assorted instruments, but I have never thought to name any of them; however I occasionally refer to my main guitar as "Cindy."  It is a cream-colored '73 Fender Stratocaster, and I have had it for over 30 years. 

Cindy was the name of the girl I liked in high school, and I used to tape her picture to my guitar's head stock facing me so I could sing to her when I played.  Yeah, I know, it's corny, but it inspired me to start writing songs.

The guitar is in excellent shape, has a great tone and never goes out of tune.  I can't say the same for the actual Cindy. d\\\\'oh

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:45 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
My two bass guitars only have a name if they go wrong or a string breaks Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 am

Jaaaaysse

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have multiple guitars! But I've only ever named my first electric Tongue

I named it Kibou (希望) as in hope... I didn't want it to sound feminine since I'm a guy, so I went for Kibou instead of a name like Nozomi, which also means hope!

Music brought a lot of hope into my life, so I hope that by playing Kibou, I could share that hope with the world! 

Clap

林てお(ジェイ)

世界に希望をありますよ。
本当に、一人じゃないよ!
Nice One
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Rodox

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've never named each of them, but I call them all "my girls"

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:39 am

Fox

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have a modded, upgraded & decked out Scandal guitar.

Squier Jazzmaster Mami Signature Guitar ( aka the Stratomaster ).
+ 1 × Seymour Duncan Little '59 Humbucker
+ 2 × Seymour Duncan Custom Single Coil
+ Fender US 5-Way Electronics Kit
+ Straytrem JM Bridge
+ Fender US JM Tremolo
+ Fender US Locking Head Tuners

The body work on my signature guitar was absolutely mint so I was very happy when I got it. The hardware was so-so but this is to be expected at the price point, so I decided to transform it into a Mami-worthy guitar. Upgraded everything with US / custom parts and give it a proper shielding job. Not a single moment of regret of the money and work that gone into this guitar, the thing absolutely ROCKS.

Her name is Maru~

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:24 am

rize0127

Caless Student
Caless Student
My acoustic guitar is named Shun...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:36 am

fishmcdippers

Caless Student
Caless Student
2003 MIM Fender Strat HSS - ハル子 (Haruko) - FLCL/the Pillows got me into playing the guitar, so I thought it was fitting. It's also a shade of blue similar to Rickenbacker's Midnight Blue. 

2015 MIM Fender Strat HH - currently unnamed - I originally wanted to name it まみたす (Mamitasu) but it felt cliché. Now I'm considering naming it ターニャ (Tanya) after the evil protagonist in Youjo Senki because it's got overwound/hot pickups with a dark tone. Still don't know though...I've been considering parting ways with this guitar. The pickups on this HH sound nowhere as pleasing as my HSS or Tele Thinline.

2015 CII Squier Deluxe Dimension Bass IV - currently unnamed - I originally wanted to name it てぃもちゃん (Timo-chan), but that felt cliché as well. I don't have any ideas at the moment though...

2016 MIM Fender Deluxe Telecaster Thinline - 紅姫 (Benihime) - meaning "Crimson Princess" (kinda copied from Bleach manga/anime) because it's candy apple red and my #1/favorite/go-to guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:16 pm

apparentlygood12

Caless Student
Caless Student
2012 MIK Epiphone Les Paul (Blake):
Reference to his color, currently setup to play metalcore. I was synonymous to this guitar in my community in church and practically everywhere.

2011 Rj Rokker (Haru / Harurun):
Named after Haruna as this was the guitar I used when I play rhythm I record and play live.
Currently repainting to a cream-ish cover.

Incoming Ibanez GRG250P / RG470 (Kumiko):
Whichever gets sent to me. It will be the first Floyd Rose guitar in my collection

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 am

Ki-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I named my Keyboard as... Tatsu But it's full name is Tatsujin. :D

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:42 am

Qgle

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't normally name my instruments but my friends named my customized Talman "Byakkun" because it reminded them of Byakuya from Bleach. I had the body customized to be dominantly white with black lining the edges. I'd send a picture but it's back in my house in Japan. Sad

I have an acoustic bass, not sure what brand but it was a gift from my cousin to replace my broken acoustic Ibanez bass. I named that one Mio-chan after, well, Mio from K-on hahahaha.

I decided to name my Bachendorff violin "Emi" after Emiko Queen, Green Arrow's younger half-sister. lol. (Because she uses a bow and a violin also needs a bow. Get it? No? Okay Sad).

Not really planning to name the piano or the drum kit but I'm trying to think of a name for my classical guitar.

Back to top Go down