Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments
Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 pm

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mentolo wrote:yes, but it appears to have an automatic extension, if I recall correctly it means that it extend the ending time if no one make a bid.
how much should i add to make the bid? is it considered sold to me if only i made a bid? .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:29 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
peaceharu wrote:
Mentolo wrote:yes, but it appears to have an automatic extension, if I recall correctly it means that it extend the ending time if no one make a bid.
how much should i add to make the bid? is it considered sold to me if only i made a bid? .love.

It's like eBay, but then from your statement above, am I wrong in thinking you haven't bid anything online before?

The item should have a price at which you need to start your bid. If the item is, say 100 yen, you bid at 100 yen (or the next level up - on Buyee the computer will prompt you how much you can bid). Now, I may be wrong but I have tried bidding at a very much higher price to prevent any immediate outbidding,but this doesn't seem to work on YJA (you can on eBay). Which means if you're outbid, you start all over again but at a higher price.

How much should you be willing to bid depends on how much you are willing to pay. Sometimes on YJA after putting a bid even at a v low price you can win the auction and proceed to pay for it but thus far it only happens to me when I bid on a small item like a poster! If there is a buy it now price, and you click on that, then the item is yours. But be wary that buy it now prices can be crazy.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 13 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm pretty confident that if you bid now it's practically yours, similar auctions in the past ended  almost every time with only a bid. 
But bear in mind that's a quite large item, the shipping and customs won't be cheap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:11 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Mentolo wrote:I'm pretty confident that if you bid now it's practically yours, similar auctions in the past ended  almost every time with only a bid. 
But bear in mind that's a quite large item, the shipping and customs won't be cheap.

You may be right but in my experience that is not necessarily the case. I've had my bid beaten by another bidder a day after I placed mine on YJA. Also, if I was selling a guitar I'd want to see a bidding war, and the system on YJA can make it pretty ugly, especially when the time is extended automatically by YJA to allow this to happen!

Back to the topic - it's going for 52000円 and there are no bidders. You may try and see if a single bid means you win it (I note that there is a 'yes' on the early finish bit). The catch is - if the seller is waiting for a single bidder to end the auction, you may lose out if you wait. If you bid and the auction hasn't ended, the seller is wanting to see if other buyers are willing to pay more!

Mentolo is absolutely right about the charges - for me getting it shipped to the UK was about 100+Euros!

Good luck!

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:05 am

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
now i'm starting to think if this guitar is really worth it? i can buy an Ibanez RGD with that kind of price. now i'm starting to think twice. hahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:05 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
peaceharu wrote:now i'm starting to think if this guitar is really worth it? i can buy an Ibanez RGD with that kind of price. now i'm starting to think twice. hahaha

I know, right? I think a lot of us felt that for a Squier, the guitar is pricey. And we ain't talking about the older Squiers when they were made in Japan/Korea etc w/ better quality materials.

At the end of the day, you know best whether you should buy it or not! Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:16 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
peaceharu wrote:now i'm starting to think if this guitar is really worth it? i can buy an Ibanez RGD with that kind of price. now i'm starting to think twice. hahaha

It depends on why you want it. I'd rather have this guitar than any Ibanez. But I don't have it to play; it's not my main guitar. I have it because I want to be reminded of Mami when I look at it and when I do play it. If you're buying it intending to really use it as your primary guitar, then it might not be the best choice for the price. It's a weird guitar, almost like a Fender Pawn Shop model. Even Mami only uses it for a few songs, probably because it's kind of a compromise between a few different models of guitar, and it's got low-end hardware. (Even her own prototype has a regular Squier tremolo unit with no lock button.)

So just think about why you want it. If you're looking for the best bang for the buck in a playing guitar, I might look elsewhere. You are paying a premium for the association with Scandal.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:10 pm

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:

It depends on why you want it. I'd rather have this guitar than any Ibanez. But I don't have it to play; it's not my main guitar. I have it because I want to be reminded of Mami when I look at it and when I do play it. If you're buying it intending to really use it as your primary guitar, then it might not be the best choice for the price. It's a weird guitar, almost like a Fender Pawn Shop model. Even Mami only uses it for a few songs, probably because it's kind of a compromise between a few different models of guitar, and it's got low-end hardware. (Even her own prototype has a regular Squier tremolo unit with no lock button.)

So just think about why you want it. If you're looking for the best bang for the buck in a playing guitar, I might look elsewhere. You are paying a premium for the association with Scandal.
yes that's what i think now. i have currently 4 guitars, 3 are designed for metal songs and one for scandal a stratocaster, the other three are superstrat, les paul, warbeast. and i'm having her guitar as my 5th. imo, i think it will be worth it because it'll be different in sound for real? haha

maharizm wrote:

I know, right? I think a lot of us felt that for a Squier, the guitar is pricey. And we ain't talking about the older Squiers when they were made in Japan/Korea etc w/ better quality materials.

At the end of the day, you know best whether you should buy it or not! Happy
i can't stop myself! haha i placed a bid! haha LOVE

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged. Please do not double post.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:37 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
peaceharu wrote:yes that's what i think now. i have currently 4 guitars, 3 are designed for metal songs and one for scandal a stratocaster, the other three are superstrat, les paul, warbeast. and i'm having her guitar as my 5th. imo, i think it will be worth it because it'll be different in sound for real? haha

Depending on what pickups you select via the switch, it'll either sound and feel similar to your Strat or like a completely different guitar than any of them. I don't personally find the bridge pickup all that useful but if you're playing leads (as Mami does) it might be alright. It's very tinny for a humbucker. Originally the guitar was not designed that way - it was really a fully Strat-like SSS configuration - but she added that humbucker later I guess to kill the buzz since she plays almost 100% of the time on her bridge pickup alone. It's why all her other guitars currently in use also have a HB at the bridge, but the half-height HB really seems to lose a bit of tone compared to full-size ones.

I'm sure she put the Hot Rails in there because it's a drop-in fit to replace the single-coil she had there before, but it would have worked better if she'd had the guitar re-routed for a full size humbucker like she has in her black Strat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:06 pm

peaceharu

peaceharu

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:
peaceharu wrote:yes that's what i think now. i have currently 4 guitars, 3 are designed for metal songs and one for scandal a stratocaster, the other three are superstrat, les paul, warbeast. and i'm having her guitar as my 5th. imo, i think it will be worth it because it'll be different in sound for real? haha

Depending on what pickups you select via the switch, it'll either sound and feel similar to your Strat or like a completely different guitar than any of them. I don't personally find the bridge pickup all that useful but if you're playing leads (as Mami does) it might be alright. It's very tinny for a humbucker. Originally the guitar was not designed that way - it was really a fully Strat-like SSS configuration - but she added that humbucker later I guess to kill the buzz since she plays almost 100% of the time on her bridge pickup alone. It's why all her other guitars currently in use also have a HB at the bridge, but the half-height HB really seems to lose a bit of tone compared to full-size ones.

I'm sure she put the Hot Rails in there because it's a drop-in fit to replace the single-coil she had there before, but it would have worked better if she'd had the guitar re-routed for a full size humbucker like she has in her black Strat.
my god. who discovered the auction at buyee? Sad it's now priced at 80,000 yen. man i can't go on that price with that kind of guitar. this is so heart breaking.  .toj. i'd rather buy a jackson 7-string than that. lol. but too much feels. Sad mamii  .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:49 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
peaceharu wrote:my god. who discovered the auction at buyee? Sad it's now priced at 80,000 yen. man i can't go on that price with that kind of guitar. this is so heart breaking.  .toj. i'd rather buy a jackson 7-string than that. lol. but too much feels. Sad mamii  .waaa.
Oh wow...I'm sorry to hear that..
But don't worry, you'll have the chance to get one if you wait enough, let's hope it's sooner than expected Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:40 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
Do they still have Jazz Bass of Tomo? I thought it was sold out already, if only I'm not mistaken...

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 13 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:07 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
ryoseki kun wrote:Do they still have Jazz Bass of Tomo? I thought it was sold out already, if only I'm not mistaken...

I think I remembered your same query just before the second run of guitars were sold - sorry to see you missing it again.

There's a few knocking about in Yahoo! Auctions but that was a couple of weeks ago. Have a look there. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:20 am

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
For those still looking for Mami's guitar: http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d160766396
Unfortunately, there's a small dent of some sort on it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:27 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
kenzo9 wrote:For those still looking for Mami's guitar: http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d160766396
Unfortunately, there's a small dent of some sort on it.

In a way, the plus point is that they shouldn't ask too high a price for it (39k starting is all right, unless a bidding war occurs).

I've dented my Stratomaster already hehe.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:11 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/hyokune/
There are many SCANDAL Signature guitars in stock in Korea I think.
But it doesn't do international shipping, so I'm trying to get my grandparents to ship it to me.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 13 Dfb3b4f0e4
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:19 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have a question about the thin plastic on the pick guard.
How can you take it off really nicely so it doesn't leave any ripped parts under screws and stuff.
And also when I was taking it off, I had to loosen the strings which ruined the position of my bridge, so I'm not sure if the bridge is in the correct position or if the strings are on the correct position of the bridge.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:32 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Unscrew the pickguard but one at a time. 

As for the bridge, it doesn't move around that much. Just realign the strings if it has shifted from its original groove on the bridge. It should be okay.

Just one thing - IF you think the guitar plays not as well as you hoped, it is unlikely that this is due to your bridge shifting about when you were removing the plastic. The QC for these Squiers are a little hit and miss. A set up by your local guitar shop should do the trick.

Welcome the SCANDAL sig series owner's club!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:41 pm

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks! and also I was wondering how I can set up the bridge without taking it to a local store, its making a buzz noise and some other noises from the bridge if I play a certain note?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:35 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
That can be due to a few different reasons (?action ?truss rod issues ?frets) and best determined by physically looking at the guitar.

If you still don't want to bring it to a luthier (it is worth the money spent, in my humble opinion), you need to bring it to someone you know who can sort it out for you for free.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:03 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hyoku wrote:There are many SCANDAL Signature guitars in stock in Korea I think.
But it doesn't do international shipping, so I'm trying to get my grandparents to ship it to me.
What about international forwarding services (like tenso in jp)?
I know it's real too late in Japan, but if there are stocks in Korea, then it's prolly okay too. I suddenly want one  Onion Depress

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:07 am

Hyoku

Hyoku

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think all the international forwarding services are all out of stock at the moment.
But I heard from a few people that they might restock? Maybe it's a rumour.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hyoku wrote:I think all the international forwarding services are all out of stock at the moment.
Still hoping for them to restock it. I really want to get my hands on Stratomaster or at least Skullsilver.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:30 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Hyoku wrote:I think all the international forwarding services are all out of stock at the moment.

International forwarding services don't stock guitars, they just forward them after you buy them from a seller in Japan, whether it is a shop or via an online auction.

M wrote:I know it's real too late in Japan, but if there are stocks in Korea, then it's prolly okay too. I suddenly want one

Go to Yahoo! Auctions Japan. I did a search (squier+scandal) like just this minute and found a Skullsilver (ending in 8 hours), a Bluetus (ending in 4 days) and a seller who wants to sell all three at a starting bidding price of 300,000 yen. They don't come cheap...

Forwarding services like From Japan.co.jp (there are others like Rinkya etc) are quite good for auction stuff (TENSO only forward stuff you buy from shops) and if you never bought from an auction in Japan before, Google is your best friend for info. Here's a starting point if you are interested: http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/title/about

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
maharizm wrote:

International forwarding services don't stock guitars, they just forward them after you buy them from a seller in Japan, whether it is a shop or via an online auction.

M wrote:I know it's real too late in Japan, but if there are stocks in Korea, then it's prolly okay too. I suddenly want one

Go to Yahoo! Auctions Japan. I did a search (squier+scandal) like just this minute and found a Skullsilver (ending in 8 hours), a Bluetus (ending in 4 days) and a seller who wants to sell all three at a starting bidding price of 300,000 yen. They don't come cheap...

Forwarding services like From Japan.co.jp (there are others like Rinkya etc) are quite good for auction stuff (TENSO only forward stuff you buy from shops) and if you never bought from an auction in Japan before, Google is your best friend for info. Here's a starting point if you are interested: http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/title/about
Thanks for that info!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum