You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
This song is seriously awesome, so my first impressions of it were correct, or rather even better. Aside from the feel of Shunkan, there is also a bit of LOVE SURVIVE. Yeah, as the previous comments, it's a pretty heavy song. Strangely though, despite the weight (lol), it lightens up my mood and wakes me up. The guitar solo was so sick, it really rocks!  Punkman  Reminds me a bit of Queens are Trumps. They all did really well in this song!  .clap. 

It's also a very addicting song, especially the chorus! *Rainy, Rainy* The more I listen to it, I want to play it over and over again. It gets better with each listen as I can spot more things that I can't notice in my previous listens. Plus the 'Woo woo woo woo' part (is this correct? XD) is really catchy.

I'm still wishing for a PV for Rainy! SCANDAL, please make a PV for Rainy, pretty please with a cherry on top!  .please. You have made my first wish come true, though partly as they only uploaded a short ver. of Departure, but at least they uploaded something.

ichiruki! wrote:I really want a PV for Rainy. I can imagine the PV being in a really dark atmosphere with them playing in a storm while flipping their wet hair around XD I think it'd be really badass lol.
Exactly what I also imagined, as in my post here.   Nice one

@HRMT: I'm still not giving up yet. lol. Such hope coming from a person whose faith is a few meters from being an atheist/agnostic. Anyway, I think there's a reason why they released Rainy as a B-side, and Departure as the A-side. Departure is easy to the ears (Some of my friends already considered Shunkan to be heavy rock, although Shunkan isn't really that heavy. They might consider Rainy to be metal. lol), so a lot of people will like it in the first listen, as they have observed with the 24-hour streaming of Departure. Rainy is the perfect complement of Departure. I'm still wondering on the lyrics, but it be great too if the lyrics complement. More like they are baiting people to listen to heavier stuff with a lighter song placed up front. They've been doing this on their previous releases too.

Back to top Go down
Timmeon

Timmeon

Caless Student
Caless Student
anchiel wrote:

@HRMT: I'm still not giving up yet. lol. Such hope coming from a person whose faith is a few meters from being an atheist/agnostic. Anyway, I think there's a reason why they released Rainy as a B-side, and Departure as the A-side. Departure is easy to the ears (Some of my friends already considered Shunkan to be heavy rock, although Shunkan isn't really that heavy. They might consider Rainy to be metal. lol), so a lot of people will like it in the first listen, as they have observed with the 24-hour streaming of Departure. Rainy is the perfect complement of Departure. I'm still wondering on the lyrics, but it be great too if the lyrics complement. More like they are baiting people to listen to heavier stuff with a lighter song placed up front. They've been doing this on their previous releases too.
Right?! They already did it with Standard. Releasing the few pop sounding songs as singles, while practically the rest of the album was rock. If this is the way to go to get good rock songs regularly, I'm in on this genius strategy. Especially when the easier to listen to songs are as good as Departure.

kaitanuva wrote:Dat electric guitar

If Standard, Rainy, Departure are any indication, SCANDAL should just make their own songs from now on, seriously. 

Also, does anyone feel like they're getting spoiled?
Seriously, they should.

I definitely feel spoiled since Standard came out. Never enjoyed Scandal more than now since I've become a fan.

Oh, and I love Rainy of course! I have to wait for the HQ release but this song could creep up into my top 5 Scandal songs easily.
The bridge is just sick and Haruna's voice was practically made for this song. She never sounded better since her voice changed.

Back to top Go down

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
So glad Rainy doesn't disappoint, I was bit worried when I pre-ordered it based on Departure alone. But now I'm glad both songs are good! I really hope they continue making music on their own, in their free time of course, because they've proven they have the knack for it.

I like that Rainy has a dark vibe in it and the bridge is awesome.

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
From this week's SCANOMICS, we get a bit of insight on how Rainy was composed by the girls and written by Rina. Credits to fuckyeahscandalband of tumblr (this post) for this snippet of this week's SCANOMICS:

"In creating “Rainy”, the members first visited the studio and with no idea in the beginning, they suddenly zipped into talking about how the intro could be and kicked off creating one chorus first. From there came the melody, and they did it in a way they’ve never done before; Haruna did the A-melody, Tomomi the B-melody whilst Mami did the hook of the song. It then came together and Rina comments that she hopes fans will sing (this song) together with them during lives. She also talks about writing the lyrics; She has never written such strong ones before, and it was done while Haruna was handling her theater show and while SCANDAL didn’t have any lives at all for 1 and a half months. That time, she thought about being really serious with it and wrote it properly. ‘You run, you get stopped but you keep moving towards the scenery in front' were things she thought about. Carrying the feelings of doing lives every week and then getting a sudden stop there, she couldn't forget pondering about how the fans would feel. She felt uncertain but because she liked being in a band, she is really glad to have created this song."

Back to top Go down
Mamiiheart

Mamiiheart

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://mynameischinchan.weebly.com/index.html
Two of my Favorite thing in the world had joined become one. Oh my gosh ~! You've got to kill me now.

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 4 Tumblr_m1oc7mjVXF1rsd7dmo1_500
Back to top Go down

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
@ichiruki thanks for sharing. Noob question, what is A and B-melody?

Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
avanpiper wrote:@ichiruki thanks for sharing. Noob question, what is A and B-melody?

B-side song

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 4 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
bleachnlife wrote:
avanpiper wrote:Noob question, what is A and B-melody?

B-side song

That's not quite it.

It actually refers to the structure of a song. A-melody = verses, B-melody = choruses. So, for "Rainy," HARU wrote the verses and TOMO wrote the choruses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verse%E2%80%93chorus_form

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
bleachnlife wrote:
avanpiper wrote:Noob question, what is A and B-melody?

B-side song

That's not quite it.

It actually refers to the structure of a song. A-melody = verses, B-melody = choruses. So, for "Rainy," HARU wrote the verses and TOMO wrote the choruses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verse%E2%80%93chorus_form
thanks ^^

Back to top Go down
Mati Saurus

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Nice song. It's great that they're making their own songs, it was time. It's also good that the old fans likes this stuff.

I think Mami should start shredding :p

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 4 V9BqnPG

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Seeing this thread has been bumped, can anyone confirm that the japanese version of the movie doesn't have the song? It's just the theme song of the trailer right?

I saw the original movie this week and it wasn't that great TBH but it was okay~ Was wondering where they could have insert Rainy in the japanese version ^^

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.