Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: 18th Single - 「Departure」
Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hahaha i knew it!!! Rainy + Departure = Double A side FTW! Yeah I'm considering Rainy an A side as well!

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10045p60-18th-single-departure#644773

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:27 am

Aosaru

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:39 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Updated the first post with all of the information so far about the single:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10045-18th-single-departure#644557

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:52 am

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
With the huge fans demand and the song ranking #1 here and there, I was sure Sony would make a smart move. Well, they did. It makes you want to buy all the 3 editions --'

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:15 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Aww I wanted Rainy to be the next single  .shy. 
That little preview sounded so good I wanted a PV and stuff.

Oh well, Departure is still a great song. I figured this is how it would end up. Departure being next since it's pretty much Spring and it's a Spring song. I was also thinking they might wait and put the song on their next album, but oh well~

I guess we don't have to wait for a PV since it's already out?LOL
It worked kinda backwards this time Tongue

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:18 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
wow is really cool Happy
i will buy 2 editions Happy

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:53 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Let's pre-order all editions again even if I will be in Japan next week after the release !

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Ono Sasazaki wrote:Aww I wanted Rainy to be the next single  .shy. 
That little preview sounded so good I wanted a PV and stuff.

Oh well, Departure is still a great song. I figured this is how it would end up. Departure being next since it's pretty much Spring and it's a Spring song. I was also thinking they might wait and put the song on their next album, but oh well~

I guess we don't have to wait for a PV since it's already out?LOL
It worked kinda backwards this time Tongue

Me too! I want a PV for Rainy! I'm already imagining a PV from the short preview, with the girls playing in the middle of a storm at night. lol. Kinda like Shoujo S but at night, and with stronger winds. It'd be so cool.  Rock on  Darn, my imagination is getting out of hand again.

I think they weren't expecting that a lot of people will demand for it when they uploaded the video... or maybe not. It really fits spring anyway. I think Departure is also the first single where the lyrics and composition for the songs are done by SCANDAL. Kudos to them!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:39 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm happy that Departure became the next single~
I really love the song so I was hoping that Departure would get to be the next single. ^^ I like Rainy too, of course, but Departure resonates better with me. :3 Who knows, they might still make a PV for Rainy. They've ended up doing it for a few of their B-side songs so maybe Rainy will still get a PV yet. ^^

I'm debating on whether or not I want to order two or three copies. I've decided to definitely get the two DVDs but I don't know if I should order the regular edition as well. Very close to just ordering all three though. owo

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:49 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
me too!! really happy that they chose Departure as their next single. I think i preferred the general sound of Departure more than Rainy, that's why..

Now I'm still kind of holding out for the covers to be released to decide, as well as see if HMV decides to offer any exclusive first presses. But I'm also kind of scared that first presses would be sold out by the time they release the covers (like what happened with TS). Damned #firstworldproblems

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
OMG happy news! *-*
I love Departure, it makes me happy that it gets to be the next single. Guess this is the first time they release a single composed by them, right? And Rainy too!   .clap. 

Now the only question for me is whether I'm gonna buy just the two limited editions or all three editions, hm... The DVD editions are for sure, I can't miss those videos   .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am

Anil92

Anil92

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yayy! Woke up finding out SCANDAL will be releasing their new single next month! and its DEPARTURE!!!! I just love that song so much <3 .love. 

btw,
quick question...the pv preview and the pv released before this, is a studio live version right?? So I'm guessing they will release an official PV for Departure (and probably fro Rainy too)?? 

Can't wait to order mine  .clap.

SCANDAL Band 4 EVER!! .upwalk.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Honestly, I am happier that Departure is the A-side instead of Rainy. I really love the whole song from start to finish. Somehow, the nostalgic melody and the spring-themed lyrics work better for me; but then again, I haven't even heard the full version of Rainy yet so who knows, I might like that better XD. Yep, this is pretty much the only SCANDAL single to have an A-side written by a member and of course the B-side too. I think this is a really really good change. Ever since Pinheel Surfer, no A-side has been officially credited with member participations. Not that it degrades the released songs in any way or anything, but I think it's just a little weird and especially strange for a band who have a hand in penning a majority of their songs. 

Oh and a question, so then does that mean that Departure's studio pv won't be on any editions of the single?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:41 am

_RicchaN_

_RicchaN_

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, great news!! ^_^

I like Departure but I wanted Rainy as 18 single :/ ...anyway I think that the choose is perfect for this period! Good job girls!

Now, I waiting for the MV official vevo upload and a full version of Rainy!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:49 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I guess this means that they won't heavily promote Rainy as the movie theme song, otherwise they would have make it the A-side. Now they will play Departure on TV shows and maybe just mention Rainy/movie during interviews. I'm a bit surprised to be honest, this looked like the perfect opportunity to easily promote the single with the help of the movie coming out.

The downside I think here is that we probably won't get a PV for Rainy, even if it's still possible, it wouldn't be the first time. So hoping we get one.

Now about the single and the editions, I am gonna buy the 2 limited editions. Unless the regular cover is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G I will not buy it and save some money (also can buy it much later anyway).

Now there is one thing I'm really disappointed, and no it's not the fact that they release 2 limited editions, they know what they are doing and want to make money and it's fine by me no problem! I think it's fine like that because we get new content/songs/video and they get money and SCANDAL makes money! But check the BEST★X'mas5 set list here :

01. Namida yo Hikare
02. Sparkling
03. SCANDAL BABY
04. Rock'n Roll
05. Queens are trumps
06. Koi no Gestalt Houkai
07. STANDARD
08. Garasu no Shounen (KinKi Kids cover)
09. Weather report
10. Kagen no Tsuki
11. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
12. Runners high (debut performance)
13. LOVE SURVIVE
14. Space Ranger
15. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH

Encore:
16. OVER DRIVE
17. DOLL

Out of 17 songs, they played 5 new songs (from STANDARD album + Runners / 4 new if you count Koi no Gestalt Houkai we heard on the COUNTDOWN concert) and also a new cover and they didn't even put a single one of them on the DVDs, only "old" songs, the more recent one being Awanai from May 2013... I mean come on this is so sad...!!!!!!  .fustrated. 

Why not put Namida yo Hikare, STANDARD or Runners high for example on the DVD?! They are new songs from the latest album or single, fans want to see them! I don't understand their thinking here to be honest and to me it almost seems they don't want their international fans to see these new songs live. I just don't get it... Not putting all the new songs on it, ok sure, fine, but no a single one??! Oh well I guess I'm missing something, they must have their reasons. But as a fans that loves these new songs so much it's disappointing  .whiteflag. 

Just to be clear, I'm gonna buy the DVDs and I love these "old" songs, it's gonna be awesome I'm sure! But come on I want to see the new songs...

With that rant being over, go SCANDAL, I hope this single sets a new record!!!!  .hora.  .upwalk. !

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:57 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
now thinking about it i don't think they will do a PV for Rainy like what some others hope for. The 3 B-sides with actual PVs all had some sort of collaboration involved (Beauteen - Pocari Sweat, Cute - Cinnamonroll, Kimi to Mirai - robot. I'm not counting Satisfaction cos it's a live PV, but either way it's also for a collaboration with Windows), and I believe the PV is to promote this collaboration. Rainy is just a song from a movie, and it's not SCANDAL's job to be promoting the movie, therefore I don't see any reason why they would bother to make a PV out of Rainy when their main objective is to promote Departure as a single

Last edited by metalleo on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
23 April??!! I won't wait for so long >.< :D 
I'm so excited about Rainy!! LOVE

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:24 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
metalleo wrote:now thinking about it i don't think they will do a PV for Rainy like what some others hope for. The 3 B-sides with actual PVs all had some sort of collaboration involved (Beauteen - Pocari Sweat, Cute - Cinnamonroll, Kimi to Mirai - robot. I'm not counting Satisfaction cos it's a live PV, but either way it's also for a collaboration with Windows), and I believe the PV is to promote this collaboration. Rainy is just a song from a movie, and it's not SCANDAL's job to be promoting the movie, therefore I don't see any reason why they would bother to make a PV out of Rainy when their main objective is to promote Departure as a single

Very good point.

But even if it's not a collaboration, it's still a special song because it's the theme song of a movie so there might be a slight chance. I wouldn't hope for a PV if this was just a "normal" song.

Also, yes it's not their job to promote the movie, but when you agree on a deal like that (becoming theme song in this situation) it's because both sides can profit from it : the movie gets promoted because of the band/song, and the band gets promoted to people who will see/hear about the movie. They want a win-win situation. Imagine Rainy is the single, they promote it and the movie becomes one of the best in Japn this year = huge promotion for SCANDAL Wink

That's why I wouldn't have been surprised to see Rainy as the A-side. But as I said you make a good point about it and yes we will probably not get a PV for it.

But you forgot SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE, no collaboration here  .bleh. (KOSHI-TANTAN had a PV too as B-side and was also a "special project" ^^)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:47 pm

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.scandalbrazilianteam.com.br
AHH, I wanna a PV for Rainy too!!  .shy. 

Ps. the tracklist of "Departure" was how I imagined. HAHA

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 Show_s10 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 Dgghh10

2015.04.12 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 @ Tokyo International Forum Hall A

2016.08.21 - SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL 「2006-2016」 @ Izumiotsu Phoenix, Osak[b]a[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:51 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
well it's not actually the first time they sung a song for a movie. Awanai had a PV because they had to promote it as a single, but Happy Collector only managed to make it as a "bonus" track for Encore Show, so I wouldn't bet on it. A movie doesn't really get promoted by a song anyway though, PVs rarely make any references to any movies so anyone watching a PV like Awanai won't know it belongs to a movie, although it works well the other way.

And yeah forgot about SITH, but considering the nature of that song, I won't really call it a normal song in the first place. And considering that KOSHI-TANTAN is my least favourite song among them all I'm not surprised it slipped my mind too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:49 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Haha i thought the dvd would contain only the studio live performance of Departure... Looking forward to this.... I'm planning to buy all plus the split single

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:50 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
metalleo wrote:now thinking about it i don't think they will do a PV for Rainy like what some others hope for. The 3 B-sides with actual PVs all had some sort of collaboration involved (Beauteen - Pocari Sweat, Cute - Cinnamonroll, Kimi to Mirai - robot. I'm not counting Satisfaction cos it's a live PV, but either way it's also for a collaboration with Windows), and I believe the PV is to promote this collaboration. Rainy is just a song from a movie, and it's not SCANDAL's job to be promoting the movie, therefore I don't see any reason why they would bother to make a PV out of Rainy when their main objective is to promote Departure as a single
I agree. maybe if fans are going to ask for it, it can be always made for the dvd of the next album

can't wait for 23 april then! for the first time, I'm glad there's an instrumental version. departure needs it lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:37 pm

MariIshi

MariIshi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeey, Rainy & Departure on the same disc. I want to listen full version of Rainy. It sounds great, like Shunkan Sentimental so I think it'll be one of my favorite songs by Scandal. 
I can't wait! Come on April, quickly!

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 33os3tx

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
ichiruki! wrote:Oh and a question, so then does that mean that Departure's studio pv won't be on any editions of the single?

Correct. The only content that will be on the DVDs is the footage from BEST★X'mas5.

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:01 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
oh yes
a single containing of the songs composed by the girls themselves
it's a sign! xd

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 6 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.