Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
@thoseguiltyeyes OK, thanks o/

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Re: 18th Single - 「Departure」
Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 am

hitorikun

hitorikun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
anchiel wrote:I think this is just me, but I noticed that in the setup of the studio, there are also red things scattered everywhere (red SCANDAL towels, boxes with red labels, red backdrop on Rina's side, red big box and red old radio (?) behind Tomo, red globe (?) on a table just to mention a few, and the red skull behind Haru).

The red skull just stood out because, well, it's a skull. I wonder if the staff ran out of red things to place, or maybe it was already in the venue and they suddenly want to place the skull there.

i think its a given that Haru loves skulls (me myself have a purple one O.O), dunno about the red radio by Timo's side.. the globe in front of the string section.. the folded towel by Mami's side (thought that was a wallet =.=) red backdrop, red cabinets.~

.uhuh. ~ Timo's tears will never lie. 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Timo10[/size]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:44 pm

flirtypink

flirtypink

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This song is totally amazing!    .dies.  I had been listening to it like all day long.. Nice one  I hope that scandal will visit Philippines. .please. hope so.

“Nine people who are very different from each others, have now become one.” - Choi Sooyoung (Golden Disk Award, 10th Dec 2010)
Tantrum Onion ~OT9~ Tantrum Onion
@~IndeSTRUCtible~@
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:07 pm

lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
I absolutely LOVE Mami's guitar parts in this song (esp the second verse)!! The song is sooo elegant and I think they really have the feel of seasoned musicians in the video!

On a side note, I realized Mami's pant legs are of different colors..quirky .happy.

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Second_zps9a1d7466
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:16 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Everything in this song is just fine: RINA's soft drumming is very pleasant, HARU's rythm smoothly goes down the ears, MAMI's lead brings the vigorous tune and TIMO's bass perfectly thickens the sauce.
And… TIMO's solo vocal parts are just an eargasm to me @_@
All of this fitting perfectly the lovely video with its kind of sepia tones, the whole is really - as lazzal says above - elegant.

If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:28 pm

AndyWorck

AndyWorck

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AndyWorck
I really like this song! Maybe even more than "Runners High". Glad to hear they're getting even better after such perfect album which was "STANDARD" : )

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 I8xa
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:02 am

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.scandalbrazilianteam.com.br
Well, i think this song great and relaxing, but is not surprising. 

By the way, i guess:

New single 「Departure」:

01. Departure
02. Rainy
03. Departure (Instr.)

repeting, I GUESS!!! I'm don't saying that is official! .ehem.

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Show_s10 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Dgghh10

2015.04.12 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 @ Tokyo International Forum Hall A

2016.08.21 - SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL 「2006-2016」 @ Izumiotsu Phoenix, Osak[b]a[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:55 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I usually wait until the official lyrics are out before I post translations, but it doesn't seem like they'll be made available for a while.

So, a question to you guys:

Even though it's based on unofficial lyrics (although they're most likely pretty accurate), would you guys want me to post the translation I did of "Departure" so that you can get a better feel for the lyrics? Just please don't go spreading it around since, like I said, it's based on unofficial lyrics.

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:10 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I don't see the problem if you tag it as "Temporary/Unofficial/Fan translation" or something. Add a big red line before the lyrics, a tag into the topic, etc.

Then just edit it when we have the official one.

To be honest, it seems many people want a translation or the romaji lyrics as soon as possible and they will probably look somewhere else to get them.

I think that, even if you don't like it too much, it's better you post them here as soon as possible too. This way people won't go look on other sites and find weird translations. this is worse than you posting your lyrics knowing you do so many translation here anyway and how serious you are.

I can usually wait for the lyrics but I would prefer to see your version of it instead of copy/paste from another site. Yes having the official lyrics will be better because like that we are sure of the lyrics but it's not the end of the world if the temporary lyrics contain a few mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:52 am

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.scandalbrazilianteam.com.br
I agree with @HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo.

An unofficial version of the lyrics, since being told that it's not official lyrics, don't will be problem.

And the translations of @thoseguiltyeyes are very good!!  .uhuh.

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Show_s10 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 Dgghh10

2015.04.12 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 @ Tokyo International Forum Hall A

2016.08.21 - SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL 「2006-2016」 @ Izumiotsu Phoenix, Osak[b]a[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:04 am

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:would you guys want me to post the translation I did of "Departure" so that you can get a better feel for the lyrics?

Yes.

IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

All right, I'll post it.

Again, this is my translation of "Departure" that I've based off of unofficial lyrics. If possible, I do not want it going all over the place just in case there do turn out to be differences when/if the official Japanese lyrics come out, so please try NOT to spread it around.

Official lyrics are out now!

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10092-departure-lyrics#646709

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 am; edited 6 times in total

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:26 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Waah beautiful lyrics, so meaningful, I am speechless!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 am

hydemus

hydemus

Caless Student
Caless Student
well.. another easy-listening song from Scandal..

Rina: finally,, my wish come true.. when i saw her picture with glasses on her twitter,, i hope she will wear glasses for the performance someday..
Tomomi: i like her new hairstyle.. fit her well... girly looks, girly voice.. ^^
Haruna: i dont know whether it just because she wears black or not.. but yes, she seems thinner..
Mami: nice lyric..

i also like the front-left violin girls..  .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 am

jack-archmage

jack-archmage

Caless Student
Caless Student
wow...best song ever....i hv been listening to it non-stop ever since i got it yesterday...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:40 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The lyrics really remind me of HARUKAZE with the whole flower and unspoken feelings/words theme. Very bittersweet lyrics. Creativity wise, I really do think Mami is breaking out of her creativity shell and really branching out lately. Happy

Thanks for the translations!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:16 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Yeah beautiful lyrics, definitely suits the melody and the clam atmosphere from the PV.

Can you post the romaji too?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:27 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Thanks for the translation TGE. Can I request the romaji lyrics (and the japanese lyrics if its not too difficult) as well?

Really thoughtful and bittersweet lyrics. It's been a while since I've seen such lyrics from them. One definitely does not need to listen to the song itself to feel the meaning behind such lyrics

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:50 pm

dark_riot

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://jinyougns.tumblr.com
I love so much this song and knowing that the lyrics and composition were written by mami... makes me even happier ;_;. Thank you for sharing >_<

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:09 pm

ChaoChao

ChaoChao

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wattpad.com/user/ChaoChao19
I do really like this song. first from the fact that it is written by Mami and the video is really cool. they are all so gorgeous, the era, and the feeling you get on the music is great...

another reason to love SCANDAL.

18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 4 RCS6drx
                                            "A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…" :whip: 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:07 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The lyrics really are very sweet and meaningful. It gives the song an even greater feeling after having read the translation for the lyrics. I think that knowing it was written by one of the girls adds a bit more meaning on top of it as well. Departure is just one of those songs where you can feel the emotion even if you can't understand the lyrics.

Thank you for the translation. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Miss7

Miss7

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://missmissyseven.deviantart.com/
This song is wonderful ! I have it stuck in my head since then.

I really do like the fact that they can write their own songs. This one written and composed by Mami, but also those written by Rina (like Weather Report) and Tomomi (Bitter Chocolate) are within their most beautiful songs for me. I prefer the songs they participated in.

Thank you for the translation !

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Amatsukii

Amatsukii

Caless Student
Caless Student
lyrics???

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:55 pm

Teldara

Teldara

Caless Student
Caless Student
Amatsukii wrote:lyrics???
Please scroll up and read the forums.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yesterday (Wednesday 3.12), 「Departure」reached the first place of USEN HIT J-POP weekly ranking!

Edit for clarification: this UNSEN ranking is about the most wanted-to-be-broadcasted songs based on subscribers/listeners inquiries. I foolishly assumed everyone knew that. My mistake.

Last edited by Jikan on Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarifications)

IRC
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum