Scandal's Camera Time [Page 1 of 1]

Scandal's Camera Time
Posted on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:18 pm

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hello! Balloon  I made the topic to say an opinion. I think that Rina, Mami, and Tomo should get more camera time during lives. Haruna is the lead singer, so of course she would get the most camera time, but I think the other members should get more time... Especially Rina. She's the drummer, so she doesn't sing often, but I think she could still get more time. Mami usually gets time when she sings and during her solos. Tomo gets camera time when she sings, but she doesn't sing as much as Haruna (in some songs) What do you think?

Back to top Go down

Re: Scandal's Camera Time
Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:37 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I think that's it fine and I have never noticed any big problem with the camera time. It's not like one member, or RINA in your case, doesn't get camera time at all.

It depends not only on the song but also on the cameraman/editor. And it's not like they have the same cameraman/crew on each concert, each TV show has its own crew so you cannot really blame someone and even try to "find a solution".

The crew shows HARU/TOMO/MAMI when they sing or have a solo and between that they show different angles and RINA depending on what the director wants I guess.

In some songs you may not see RINA a lot because there is a lot of singing but like I said I never noticed a huge problem.

Do we see HARU more than RINA? Yes, but it's normal she is the main singer, I doubt you can give a drummer the same air time than the main singer. Same goes for TOMO and then MAMI I guess. You cannot focus more on RINA or you are gonna miss the natural part of each songs. RINA being behind HARU gets screen time too even if she is not completely zoomed in.

To be honest I think you can all see them a lot. If MAMI was the main singer she would be on screen most of the time. If RINA would be the second vocalist (instead of TOMO) we would see her drum and sing more and TOMO would get less screen time. In the end it's just natural.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:05 pm

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/MitchanAnni
I agree MamiSoul with you..
Like i noticed in almost every live Haruna is seen mmore than the other members with the zoom xD Camera often shows her face too close...

I think that Rina has the less attention..She's at the back so camera doesn't shoot her often. Only in Girls Factory 13, when Rina was in the middle of Haruna and Mami she was shown pretty often if you'll look at her :3

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tears of Joy
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:40 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I think they all get plenty of camera time as it is. Haruna's naturally going to get the most - the camera can't show someone else while there are vocals happening, and she is the vocalist. That's just how it is. The other three all seem to get a roughly equal amount of time. Obviously, if you're a fan of one of them over the others, it's going to seem to you like that girl is not getting enough screen time.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

LAKAME_MAN

Caless Student
Caless Student
I personally don't mind the fact that Haruna gets the most camera time, but Rina's camera time bugs me all the time. I mean I know she doesn't sing that much, but it still bothers me. And Timo's my favorite, so... yeah.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I agree with spacecadet that the girls have pretty equal time of attention.
I'd watched a lot of live clips of local bands when guitar solo come in, the cameraman take on the other members! Or the singer was all you can see. Seems like the other members were not there!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This is how it works in most bands, isn't it? The center usually gets most of the attention because they are the center after all. Haruna is SCANDAL's lead singer and center so it's only natural that she would get the most camera time out of the four since she is the center.

Personally, I think the girls each get an equal amount of camera time on stage and in interviews. About the only one I'd say does lack some camera time would be Rina, but it can be very hard to give a drummer camera time in a live performance. Much of live performances focus on the singers and since drummers typically don't sing, it can be hard to balance an equal amount of time for them. I do wish Rina got a bit more time but I understand how difficult it can be to find a balance for that time for drummers. They've done a few performances with all four side by side and Rina in the front with them, so I'm hopeful Rina will get more time if they continue that formation.

I think spacecadet is pretty spot on with what they say about favorite members. It's only natural that someone is going to feel like their favorite member doesn't get enough camera time.

For the most part though, I think that each of the girls do get a fairly equal amount of camera time.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 11, 2014 4:30 am

rachel_snsd48

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yeah, most of the time the camera is on Haruna and Tomomi. They show Mami when she's doing riffs and stuff but they barely show Rina. 

It sucks cause Rina is my oshi. 

I remember one performance where instead of Rina being directly behind Haruna, instead she was in between Mami and Haruna (but still behind) so you could see her better. I wish they would set up every perf like that.. 

Stress Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 25, 2014 6:29 pm

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think the guy that edits the concert videos focuses mostly on the one singing or member doing their solo part for 5 secs then switch to other members for 2 -3 secs each then switches to the crowd and a full shot of the stage.

it's only logical to focus more on the one singing or doing their solo part like when haruna is singing or when mami shredding.

they also added solo acts for rina since she'll have the least air time because she can't move around like the other members with wireless instruments.

ultimately, it boils down on how the editor guy sees which part will be the most interesting parts to stitch together so the fans can enjoy watching the videos.

Back to top Go down