Old songs and New songs
Posted on Sun May 23, 2010 5:45 pm

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
well after talking to a number of ppl who watched the pv and heard the song Taiyou to kimi ga egaku story, i realized something...

SCANDAL's song are really changing... personally i love their old songs more (Kagerou, Doll, Space Ranger), its not that i hate Taiyou, i really love it too (specially the pv) but it kinda sounded like pop in my ear.. oh but Shunkan was really great...

anyways back to topic.. the guy i had a talk w/ in twitter said this
I like their music in the days of indies. I have a feeling that they makes measure debut, and strength decreased.
i kinda agreed to him.. i said to him maybe its SONY's fault and he said "yes, the girls should change record company ASAP" lol xD he's japanese btw...

also carl of fb also said the same thing.. that their music is kinda changing...

another point of view from hye rin kim of FB ~
well..shunkan show their power of rock! and taiyou show their cuteness and their feminine side
lol !! +1 xDD

i hope they release another Shunkan like song.. UHUH!

oh im not bashing the new song coz i also love it, as the matter of fact im LSSed to it xD ~ im merely stating the honest feelings of the ppl i had conversation w/ and also my observations and judgement to the chat we had... i would follow and love scandal even if they really change ~

all in all i love scandal to the end ~ maybe im kinda missing their old style after those conversations xD

so what do you guys think?

EDIT: added 1 quote from another person

Last edited by haruhiyuu on Sun May 23, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Re: Old songs and New songs
Posted on Sun May 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Well, everyone is going to have different opinions on everything.
I agree that I enjoyed their older songs more, not to say the new ones are bad.
But their record company has definitely been a major influence on their current style.
I'm fine with it as long as they are fine with it, if they want to switch record companies because they dislike their current one, I'm sure they would..
But I notice that after every song SCANDAL releases, there is the minority that says something that makes the majority fret.
Just wait for it to unfold for itself, since I'm sure most of us cannot do much about it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
yeah as long as they're happy w/ it ~

im hoping for a hoshi no furu like song in the next album though xDD

hmm.. maybe im missing their old style? Sweating

Last edited by haruhiyuu on Sun May 23, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 pm

mihawk

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://tomo-p.tumblr.com/
i think they're trying to do different kind of song after what they did in secret base cover.. they're trying to play many genre.. well i like ballad/soft rock songs so i really like their new songsxD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm

Star`Fall

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://twitter.com/arthur_ringo
I agree with you yuu

it's only from the new PV taiyou, we can see that they change their genre... but Koshi Tantan seems like Scandal old style songs, when they include much rocking beats ...

Well I kinda like the Taiyou songs when the first I hear it.
As long as the girls fine with it, so be it

can't stop loving their music, even they change a bit from their genre LOVE

Last edited by Star`Fall on Sun May 23, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong emoticons)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 23, 2010 6:21 pm

YLenalee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Shunkan is a really good song, really rock and Taiyou is a song for summer so I think this kind of song for this season is ok.
Also I agree with miihawk, I think the same ^^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 12:35 am

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
i'm missing the "DOLL" like style of music~ Shy
demo,as you guys said i also agree,what makes them happy
makes me happy as well,i hope they could make more Shunkan like music again~^^

well..shunkan show their power of rock! and taiyou show their cuteness and their feminine side

Agree to nee-chan there~^^ Onion XD

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 1:28 am

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
I guess changes are to be expected. If they're trying out things, then it's okay. Although I'm kinda missing their old styles from Space Ranger, ShoujoS, Koi Moyou, Kagerou, DOLL, Sakura Goodbye (in short their indies and earlier singles =Dp)

Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY is really great in my opinion. I would like them to release much more of a rock song but this latest single is in tune with summer/being summery.

I agree with people who want their old music back but that seems impossible now or is it? [=3 Let's just take a look and see what SCANDAL have for us in their upcoming albums and singles.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 am

brink01

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well sometimes musicians do have a shift on their styles but we cannot decide on what they will be doing right. Let's just support them in anyway because they are what we are here for. And we need to remember what they are. They are the most Powerful Girly rock/POP band. So we need to relax. Besides it's still not that long since they released Shunkan right?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 8:40 am

vincendadiaz

International Performer
International Performer
Well for my opinion.

Every Scandal songs is great, i like the new songs. like taiyou and shunkan,
The older songs too like doll, etc

But, the older songs are more rock compare with recent songs.

So, i like all of their song, because its not just rock, but also there are pop too.
Make it so great, not monoton

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 am

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's come to the point where I love all Scandal songs unconditionally, if only just because it's Scandal.
I think I like the music from Doll on more, maybe because I think the melodies are better, but I have grown to like their indie tracks too.
Since they don't compose their own music mostly, I don't think there'll be a general change, maybe different styles with different composers.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 12:29 pm

yagiza

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I like their music in the days of indies. I have a feeling that they makes measure debut, and strength decreased.

Hmm, since I got hooked to SCANDAL because of Shoujo S, I will define new songs as post-Shoujo S and old songs as pre-Shoujo S. I would have to disagree with the strength decreased part. Yes, taikimi sounds kinda pop-ish (me myself still trying to like the song) compared to their old songs such as DOLL or Space Ranger. Yumemiru Tsubasa (and the original cover) too, imo. However, I still see some strength in their new songs (from BEST SCANDAL: Maboroshi Night, Hitotsu Dake, SCANDAL BABY, Anata ga Mawaru), and more in Shunkan Sentimental.
But i'm with you guys on missing their older style. Kagerou is my number one SCANDAL songs as of now, (and i like the album mix more than the original).

Nonetheless, there are bands that like to experiment by drawing influences from wider range of music genres in order to produce better music in the future. Not only SCANDAL (by covering Secret Base and now taikimi), my other fave artists such as m.o.v.e and linkin park also did it.

Not to worry though, their style is unique, and all their songs have the definitely-scandal-and-not-other-cheap-bands tunes, including taikimi UHUH!

@phoenixnumber1
yea i agree with the point that different composers have different styles. i like yuichi tajika's and masterworks Happy

Rina Suzuki fanboy number one.
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 24, 2010 2:10 pm

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
haruhiyuu wrote:i hope they release another Shunkan like song..
mihawk wrote:well i like ballad/soft rock songs so i really like their new songsxD
^agreed, with yagiza too. Hope yuichi-san to contribute more, or taking him into fifth member.. Ehem

It's more like repeating shoujo s to yumemiru, now shunkan to taikimi. Perhaps he prepared for the next SCANDAL single.
Well the composer of this new single (Hidenori Tanaka) mainly plunge in J-POP/anime song, so his style is affecting SCANDAL's music for now in this single.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 25, 2010 6:27 am

BasHanada

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I also miss their old style but personally I'm a fan who wants to see something new once in a while; not really change, but to "bring something new to the table" and still be good at it. Since they've hit mainstream any fan could tell there is an evolving difference in their music at times but I think it's part of the overall transition. As much as possible they would want to try to appeal to the other corners of the market as well, which is understandable, since record labels are usually all about incoming revenue.

Still tho, i really love their new PV & Koi no Kajitsu still remains my fave Clap

As long as they can still do their old thing, i got no probs with "new" XD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 25, 2010 11:22 am

~RHEN~

International Performer
International Performer
Well, everything is changing.. their style in music evolves as time goes by.. still they are becoming more popular..

but i hope.. this so called change won't hurt their careers as musicians.. Taikimi is good IMO its almost the same as Shoujo S.. but im used to their kagerou, beauteen and shunkan-like songs..

I used to think that being LAZY was bad for me.. so i gave up THINKING
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 25, 2010 2:58 pm

ren-00

Caless Student
Caless Student
Instead of thinking that they are changing, I'd rather think that they are trying to be flexible as artists so much so that they wouldn't always sound the same and so that they can reach a larger audience. I think SCANDAL purposely does a variety of style in their singles/albums especially when it seems that they would often associate them with the mood of the seasons.

Taikimi is not bad at all and if I must say the mood fits perfectly fine with the summer theme or image they are trying to project (just like BeauTeen did last year IMO). And just like that time when they gave us that rock hitting Shunkan after a lot of fans thought they were getting mellow because of Yumemiru, I believe they will do the same thing pretty soon. Besides, with RINA breaking a lot of drumsticks and HARUNA, MAMI, and TOMOMI performing and hitting those strings with the same energy, I don't share the "feeling that they makes measure debut, and strength decreased."

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 26, 2010 3:32 am

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
To all above: BRAVO! Thoughtful and insightful opinions.

I came aboard with DOLL. It's still my favorite SCANDAL song. In earlier interviews they categorized themselves as a garage band. They seem to have moved away from the raw "unproduced" sound to a definitely more produced one. That just goes with the evolution of any band. I don't "blame" Sony for any of that. They signed SCANDAL with DOLL. They are still essentially SCANDAL. Four talented girls playing rock and roll. It seems the nay-sayers always compare the new to the old. Just accept what is NOW. Who knows what's in store the next time around. That's why I love them. They keep me guessing.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 26, 2010 2:17 pm

yuizone

Caless Student
Caless Student
i just finish listen to new song . i dont like it much.

but i dont think it have much different from older song .

ีีi feel Koi Moyou . from their 1 album . .

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 26, 2010 2:29 pm

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
well in general we still love them ~

i hope master yuichi tajika contributes more ~

i liked his arrangements very much Nice One

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 pm

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
A thing I really like about Scandal's music is that it doesn't sound samey. Each single and B-Side and album track is different and has a different feel and style which makes it easier for me to like each song and to continue loving this band.
Although it would be a plus in my book if they composed their own music, it's enough that their singles don't blend into each other and I can be assured of something fresh each time Praise

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:35 am

vincendadiaz

International Performer
International Performer
phoenixnumber1 wrote:A thing I really like about Scandal's music is that it doesn't sound samey. Each single and B-Side and album track is different and has a different feel and style which makes it easier for me to like each song and to continue loving this band.
Although it would be a plus in my book if they composed their own music, it's enough that their singles don't blend into each other and I can be assured of something fresh each time Praise

Yeahh you're right.
Each song has each own image and taste and genre !

Back to top Go down