TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Okay SH, this is on like donkey kong because I've got Wolfgang Amadaeus Phoenix running and a great glass of white wine.

I'm going to disclaimer this now, because I forgot to before - which is, quote at your own risk. This is not to be taken as gospel, but merely shed some light on the workings of the band and the things they have said in the past (opinions change with perspective!). This is how I've chosen to interpret these articles and this thus renders all this information second-hand, so if you want to really know the ins and outs of these articles, take a look at the books etc yourself and feel free to use this translation as your guide. It goes without saying that this applies to all translations you find out there on the internet.

Without further ado, I present a translation of the BABY ACTION Album Interview: "Action to reach your dreams". Enjoy~!

"We won't let our intentions be compromised.":

Edit:

Part Two

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Re: 【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview
Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:43 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I didn't know about the story behind Baby Action title, thank you so much for your work TanyaLilac!^_^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks Ho Onion 

I love to know more about the band like and how they decide thing, what's their thoughts, etc  Onion Smile 

So Sendai suffered a lot from the earthquake and they didn't know if they could play or if people wanted to come? That must have been a special experience for them, I guess it ended up ok.

Back to top Go down

LJSLJH

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you for this post! .clap. But  has anyone of you has seen them perform the songs from BABY ACTION live?I mean the songs that are non-single and not performed on TVs,events///?

Back to top Go down
jrld

jrld

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://last.fm/user/jrldsng
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

LJSLJH wrote:Thank you for this post! .clap. But  has anyone of you has seen them perform the songs from BABY ACTION live?I mean the songs that are non-single and not performed on TVs,events///?

As far as I know, they have performed all of the songs from BABY ACTION when they just released the album, and promoted it with a tour after. That's all I can tell!

Ninja Edit:
Here's a setlist from the Virgin Hall Tour they had before.
Autumn Tour 2011, 13th Oct, Kobe

1. LOVE SURVIVE
2. Sparkling
3. Scandal Nanka Buttobase
4. Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
5. DOLL
6. Shoujo S
7. Shoujo M
8. Dobondobondo no Theme 
9. Appletachi no Dengon
10. Maboroshi Night
11. Tokyo Skyscrapper
12. BURN
13. Haruka
14. Pride
15. Very Special
16. Shunkan Sentimental
17. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
18. SCANDAL BABY

Encore:

E1. GLAMOROUS YOU
E2. one piece

So yeah... I didn't really answer your question. Haha. But... no. I haven't seen them perform them although I would have wanted to see it.

ALSO, thanks TanyaLilac! 1901

【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview Forsh10
Back to top Go down
TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

LJSLJH wrote:Thank you for this post! .clap. But  has anyone of you has seen them perform the songs from BABY ACTION live?I mean the songs that are non-single and not performed on TVs,events///?

I saw them play 'Sono Toki' at the first Osaka show during the 'SCA wa mada honki dashitenai' livehouse tour last year in summer some time, it was freaking hot. The opening chord was just spectacular and instantly recognisable - MAMI completely ripped the song apart haha. I posted my thoughts on the related thread - this is my report ... but there are definitely others there. I forgot they had done GLAMOROUS YOU, but I kind of remember it now ...

@jrld - 1901 is a greattt track. Rediscovering the whole album and I have to say Girlfriend, Armistice, Fences have all taken on a new shine for me.

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down
jrld

jrld

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://last.fm/user/jrldsng
TanyaLilac wrote:
@jrld - 1901 is a greattt track. Rediscovering the whole album and I have to say Girlfriend, Armistice, Fences have all taken on a new shine for me.

Armistice is my jam. Haha. Countdown too ever since they played it during their take away show.

But I don't think this is the thread to be discussing this. Hahaha.

【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview Forsh10
Back to top Go down

Part Two
Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:59 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Part Two of the Interview~

Moving on~! Talking about collaborations ...
There are a lot of ways to interpret this song ...:

I would loooove to have seen the Sono Toki recording session XD

Musings on Very Special, Glamorous You and one piece... :

And it's finished~! Make sure you check out the other parts of the BABY ACTION MAGAZINE (I think it's mostly translated now, I don't know if the notes for the lyrics were also translated), i.e.
BABY ACTION 100Q & 100A, which was a mammoth joint effort between quite a number of translators.
and SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation which is all style and no musical substance. XD

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Sun May 18, 2014 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making it easier to spot. XD Annnd added the second part.)

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down
waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I love this I love this I love this. Makes me appreciate the songs even more and what a coincidence, I really needed all those words. Being grateful for everyday little things that make you happy, etc. Thank you =)

Back to top Go down
Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks a lot again for your tremendous work Tanya, I am very grateful!!^o^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I got a bit teary reading this, especially part two. I know it's been a while, but I wanted to thank you guys for doing this, I really needed to read this today.  CANTA Love

【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview 724【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview 549【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview 743【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview 745【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview 778【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview 763
【BABY ACTION】 BABY ACTION Album Interview LNQg4V3
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.