TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (13 votes)

Part one: 'What kind of guy do you like?'

SCANDAL GIRL’s TALK: As expected, we need love songs!

There are many outlooks on love, and they change over time, but therefore! As expected! We are going to keep singing 「LOVE SONGS」So, we present a refreshing interview on SCANDAL’s “present” philosophy on love!

"After a wonderful love affair comes …  a concert where the four of us ◎◎!!! (laughs)"

Sitting down together, they try to be formal, and begin their rather punchy love conversation. As a group, they can usually be called a band, but indeed, as four girls, they have four perspectives on love. It’s all girl talk without a single word of anything music-related – please enjoy what they have to say!

This is almost too awesome. XD:

HARU: Well then, should we start then?

SCANDAL’S LOVE CONVERSATION ~~~~~!!!!!

ALL: Yay~ (applause)

HARU: First, I guess we’ll start with the basics. How would you describe as your type?

TOMO: An older guy.

RINA: Definitely an older guy. That’s essential.

MAMI: A younger guy would be impossible for me. Even if it’s only by a day, I’d still feel he was older than me.

HARU: I also like older guys. How much older is acceptable?

RINA: Any age is okay.

TOMO: I think it’s all totally fine. I really like Takada Junji-san (laughs).  

HARU: For me, it would be impossible if he was more than ten years older. But, someone who is reliable would be good.

TOMO: I guess it would be nice to be supported~

MAMI: I think with someone younger it seems like you’d need to look after them; I don’t want that.

TOMO: I want to be looked after (laughs).

HARU: Well, then what type of guy would be acceptable?

RINA: Someone who is slender, and always takes care of their appearance. Seriously, if they’re too mild, I’ll only be mildly interested (laughs). Not someone who diets, or is narcissistic, but just someone who is slim. Other than that, I guess I’d like someone who likes music.

MAMI: RINA type is too skinny; that’s a definite no for me.

RINA: Well I’d say that someone who’s unusually slender would be my limit. But there are a lot of people who have a complex about being slim. So I want to be remembered by everyone who also likes slender guys, with a bit of jealousy (laughs).

MAMI: I’m not too picky when it comes to appearance. If they’re a good person, appearance doesn’t really matter. I think the most important thing is whether or not he can understand my personality. I used to think, a guy who would tell me, ‘do whatever you want!’ even if he was jealous, would be okay. But as I’ve gotten older, I guess I started to think that doing whatever you want, without being committed, is wrong.

HARU: I’m the opposite. I think being with a really generous person who would say, “That’s fine,” to everything would be pretty easy.

MAMI: Really? You wouldn’t want someone who tells you off occasionally? Like when you’ve done something wrong, you wouldn’t want someone who would properly yell at you?

HARU: Having someone who can do that is important, but … what should I say…

TOMO: Basically, someone who is kind, right?

HARU: Yeah. Someone who holds my individuality in high regard. As for looks, someone who is taller, and has a decent body.

RINA: Out of all of us, HARU’s the one who focuses most on looks.

HARU: I think looks are more important.

MAMI: In reality, she’s the type of girl who likes cool guys. The three of us, we might talk about entertainers and male artists, but HARU knows about all of the newest and most popular people, and she’s quite familiar with overseas artists and their songs.

TOMO: HARU likes faces with clear cut features.

HARU: Yes, I do. [T/N: she’s actually repeated what RINA and TOMO said word for word; she seems a little pissed off lol]

TOMO: I want someone who I can just have fun with. Like we could mess around and stuff, but when it comes to deciding where to go, I want someone who can decide themselves, or make suggestions.

HARU: So, someone who isn’t indecisive.

TOMO: Right. I’m really indecisive, so when someone asks me, “Where do you want to go?”, I’m really fine with anything, so I want someone who can decide where to go, right way. I want to avoid wasting time thinking about where to go, so naturally someone who is decisive is better.

HARU: What about looks?

TOMO: I have a personal ‘ハ’ rule (laughs). [T/N: Pronounced ‘ha’. It’s a character from one of the Japanese ‘alphabets’/syllabary]

MAMI: Ah, here it comes! The ‘ha’ rule.

TOMO: I like eyebrows that go upwards, and eyes that are a droopy and downcast. Like guys who used to be in the baseball club.

Dem eyebrows.

MAMI: But you can’t restrict yourself only to people who were in a baseball club who meet ‘ha’ rule. (laughs)

TOMO: I know, but they can say, they used to be the baseball team’s best player but now they have a proper career.

HARU: Like a holdover from high school days.

TOMO: Yeah, exactly. If we were talking about manga characters, I’d pick Trafalgar Law from One Piece. Or, Zoro has that kind of former-baseball-player feel to him.

RINA: For me it would be that guy from Katekyou Hitman Reborn … what’s his name again?

HARU: It’s that character with the hat, right?

MAMI: Ah, it’s Lambo.

RINA: Yeah, after he grew up.

MAMI: The ten years older Lambo would be your type I guess. If I had to pick from a manga, who would it be? I like Bleach’s Ichimaru Gin, and Joseph from Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure. I like a lot of different characters, but I like passionate but very calm person would be nice, I guess~

RINA: Isn’t Masaru-san good enough? (laughs)

MAMI: Why would you say that? (laughs) But, I like Sexy Commando Gaiden: Sugoi yo! Masaru-san. I got really fired up when the Sexy Commando Club appeared, and at one time I thought a beard on a guy would be nice.

TOMO: HARU’s type would be Domyouji from Boys Over Flowers.

HARU: Yeah, Domyouji is really close to my type.

TOMO: He’s kind of a tsundere isn’t he?

HARU: Well, I’m torn between Domyouji and Hanazawa Rui.

MAMI: (laughs) Are you Tsukushi?!

HARU: I get how Tsukushi feels~ Rui is nothing but kind, but something’s missing. Domyouji is exciting and that’s attractive.

You can only pick one!

RINA: ……. Seriously, can we move on to the next topic?

Part Two: How do you act when you're in love? Or, to confess or not confess? XD
Part Three: What happens after you get married?

In related news:
BABY ACTION 100Q & 100A - the girls answer 100 random questions.
BABY ACTION Album Interview - they discuss some aspects of the album, where the name comes from, and some of their experiences while recording, like RINA's first time singing in the recording booth.

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Sun May 18, 2014 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links~)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Girl's Talk & Love Conversation
Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 8:57 am

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ah very interesting interview, and I should say, as always when it comes to love matters!^o^"
I am like them concerning the age of boyfriends, I prefer older people, like Rina and Tomo, any age is suitable! (but not too much old all the same lol!^^")
Thanks a lot for your work and share of those interviews!Wink

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 11:05 am

jrld

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://last.fm/user/jrldsng
Well... there goes my hopes and dreams...
Hahaha.
Thanks for this!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 12:06 pm

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Not a surprise actually, alot of women in their early 20s prefer older guys. Which sucks for most guys like me who like same age ;.;

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 12:15 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Opposite for me, my dream is still alive because I'm older than them  Happy Onion But it's probably the only thing I have going for me ^^

Always funny to read a conversation about love like that. Seems like the age thing is important for them or I guess it's maybe more general to Japan? Or maybe it's just something girls that age think about.

TIMO seems to have a special idea of what she wants lol. The others too but usually it doesn't end up like that and it mostly depends on the person you meet.

Funny if HARU got "mad" or annoyed when they talked about how the look is the most important for her. Maybe she felt a bit misunderstood or didn't like the fact that the others think that.

Anyway, I wonder how their love life looks. It's great that they keep it private but I'm still curious and wonder if they have found their someone special :)I hope they do.

Thanks for the (improved with photos!!) translation  Nice One 

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8777-game-fun-with-scandal
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10195-game-2048-puzzle-scandal-editions
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 12:45 pm

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hahaha this is epic!  Clap 

I'm a year older than Haru so I guess I passed the age requirement but in terms of looks, mehh.. Hehe thank you for translation. I wonder when was this interview conducted?

No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! Hmmm 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 2:07 pm

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well... the truth hurts, but it comes to no surprise.

Interesting to find out their type of guy that they would like to date, let's hope the right one would come to them in the near future. (Mami's expectation is NEAR impossible with her like Joseph Joestar. You can't be as manly as him! LOL)

Thanks Tanya, your translations are always awesome.

Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 2:51 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Tomomi likes older guys...then I have a chance...hehe

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Interesting, interesting. Maybe it's too short, I would like to know a little more, specially from Mami. They should talked longer :p

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 13, 2014 10:42 am

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

Part Two: How do you act when you're in love?

MAMI ... I have no words!:
HARU: Alright, then let’s talk about what happens after you start liking someone. Do you confess, or do you wait?

RINA: I won’t say anything.

MAMI: I would encourage him to confess.

TOMO: Me too. But, don’t most girls think this way?

HARU: On principle, I would wait. But if I get impatient, I’ll just confess anyway.

MAMI: You would.

RINA: HARU would definitely tell him (laughs). For me, if there was someone I liked enough to go out with; I would expect that person to notice, so I can only wait until that time comes, even if it hurts.

MAMI: Well, what would you do if many months went on without that person saying anything?

RINA: I would wait. I wouldn’t give up, no matter how many years I have to wait.

MAMI: What if he knew that you liked him but didn’t say anything about it?

RINA: Then I would ask him about it. Like, ‘what are you going to do about this?’

MAMI: You definitely wouldn’t bring it up.

RINA: No. If things keep going as they are, then fine, I’ll end it. It’s because I don’t want to make friends with guys outside of work. But, I don’t really know what it’s like because it’s never gotten that far.

MAMI: As for me, I would try get them to tell me. For example, when I was in middle school, I would ask people if they liked someone. When I would ask them like, “Who? Who is it?” they would break, and then tell me.

HARU: Wow, you’re tough.

TOMO: But, it’s different when it’s 80% girls at your school. I’m the same, but if they don’t tell me anything, I think I gradually become distant and cold. If they don’t say anything, I stop liking them.

MAMI: Then, in the other case, if they only think of you as a friend but you really like them, what do you do?

TOMO: Probably, I’d grow distant. I haven’t experienced it so I can’t say for sure, either.

MAMI: I see.

HARU: That’s pretty interesting.

MAMI: For me, I would make them like me, even if it’s by force.

RINA: But, if you force them to like you, and then they confess, wouldn’t you be worried about how things progress?

MAMI: I’d be satisfied with the confession. Afterwards, anything’s fine (laughs).

RINA: That’s so mean.

MAMI: Yeah, I’m pretty bad (laughs). Kind of like, it’s all fun until the chase ends.

HARU: Like a hunter.

MAMI: That’s why, when I get married, it has to be someone I would want to confess to. Until then, I’ll just be hunting.

RINA: A Monster Hunter love affair (laughs).

MAMI: However, after I do catch them, I’d keep them in a pool for a few months, and then once I get bored, I’d just throw them out for sure (laughs).

RINA: When I imagine MAMI going out with someone, I feel sorry for them.

MAMI: What if it was you?

RINA: Geez, no, I would give up on living.

MAMI: Ahahahaha.

RINA: Every day would be too much to bear, I think.

HARU: Poor guy (laughs). What about you, TOMO?

TOMO: If I liked someone, afterwards I would just drop off. The moment I realise I like someone is the peak; after that, there practically hasn’t been a time where that feeling has increased.

RINA: MAMI and TOMO are seriously cruel (laughs).

TOMO: I haven’t had an experience where my feelings for someone has increased after I’ve fallen for them, but I want to meet someone who I can gradually start to like more and more. I kind of admire girls who fall apart because they love someone, or maybe break down into hysterics and cry ……

MAMI: You mean, you want to be really jealous?

TOMO: I want to experience jealousy.

MAMI: What would you do if the person that you liked has a habit of just walking, holding hands with girls?

TOMO: I think I could be jealous, but I also think it’s totally normal for a person I like to be hanging out with other girls.

RINA: That’s cheating, definitely.

HARU: I hate that, too.

TOMO: I kind of know what that pain is like, but I also feel like romance should be fun. Well, it’s only in my imagination, though (laughs).

RINA: Maybe you really haven’t fallen in love with someone before.

TOMO: Probably not.

HARU: I haven’t met anyone who’s made me feel like that. If I like someone, that feeling just keeps on growing over time. I don’t know what the opposite is like, like TOMO, where the feelings fade, so if it does happen, I think I’d just fall apart. I would become extremely jealous, and I think I would try and restrain them. I think I’m a bit of a possessive type.

RINA: If I like someone, my feelings definitely won’t fade, either. Because, in my mind, they become like a god to me, and it’s like everything they do is so awesome. Even if it’s something that would normally make people turn away if a normal person did it, I would think ‘ah, so there’s this kind of approach as well?’

MAMI: Like for example, if they fell over in front of you, but you would keep going on as if nothing happened, you didn’t see them fall over?

RINA: Ahh, he’s amazing even when he’s trying to be like us humans~. That’s so nice~!

MAMI: You’re quite positive.

RINA: Even though they’re a god, I feel like I couldn’t possibly go out with him, given my standing as a mere mortal. So, I would serve faithfully and be crazy jealous, and if I could, I would stay in my room and not see anyone. In terms of priority, number one would probably be the person I like. It’s just that, in my mind, what I’m doing now is something I’ve wanted to do since I was in kindergarten, so it wouldn’t lose to the person I like. So above my number one priority, there’s work, and then there’s the person I love, I guess.

Discuss away~! One more part to go~!

This interview was conducted the year BABY ACTION was released, so in 2011 some time?

Part Three: What happens after you get married?

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Sun May 18, 2014 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added links~)

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:Tomomi likes older guys...then I have a chance...hehe

Depends, do you have "Ha" eyebrows and make quick decisions?!  Common 

TanyaLilac wrote:This interview was conducted the year BABY ACTION was released, so in 2011 some time?

Came out in August so I suppose it was done before that, probably first part of 2011.

That second part was really funny and they are so different  OMG  RINA is old school it seems, completely different from MAMI, their discussion made me laugh ^^ But she is also the youngest, she must have changed since 2011 especially because I feel she got much more confident. Hard to picture her never confess if she fell in love, the current RINA would IMHO.

MAMI is so aggressive lol, the lyrics "I am a Hunter! I'm going hunting!" in SITH suddenly have another meaning!  Common  What do you think about that MAMI fans? Getting scared? Common 

TIMO hasn't fall in love yet (at that time) like they say, I think the feelings keep growing when you meet someone special  Onion Smile 

And HARU, well it's exactly the HARU I imagine no surprise there ^^ I love the reaction from RINAxMAMI when HARU says "But if I get impatient, I’ll just confess anyway".

And no surprise on that part either "I would become extremely jealous, and I think I would try and restrain them. I think I’m a bit of a possessive type", easy to imagine the look she would give him, you know the HARU death stare  Nani? 

Thanks for the translations, it's fun!

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8777-game-fun-with-scandal
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10195-game-2048-puzzle-scandal-editions
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 15, 2014 8:49 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
RINA: When I imagine MAMI going out with someone, I feel sorry for them.

MAMI: What if it was you?

RINA: Geez, no, I would give up on living.

MAMI: Ahahahaha.

RINA: Every day would be too much to bear, I think.

^^That part was so hilarious! This whole talk reminds me of their interview with T.M Revolution back in 2012 and he was commenting on what type of guys they'd choose. He was totally right when he mentioned a guy that Rina could easily fangirl over was the type of person she'd be interested in. Tongue

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 18, 2014 11:11 am

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Part Three: What happens after you get married, RINA?

That song will never be the same again.:
HARU: Well, when do you want to get married then? What will you do when you want to have children?
RINA: As for me, I don’t want to give up on SCANDAL, I want to keep being in the band even after I become a mother. Nao-san from Maximum (the Hormone) can do it so, after how many ever months on break, I think I could come back and keep playing drums. So, first, I’d invite you all to my wedding, then get pregnant, and if while I’m giving birth, I die, I want you to break up the band (laughs).
MAMI: You’ve taken many, many liberties there.
RINA: Ever since I’ve been small, on occasions where I’ve had morning sickness, I half died. If I actually get pregnant, I feel like it might actually kill me.
MAMI: You’re like a fish! (laughs)
RINA: So, when that happens, I seriously don't want you to look for a new drummer. I can’t die and leave things like this. (T/N: oooopps I pasted a previous copy of this translation! Sorry!)
MAMI: Should we leave? (laughs)
TOMO: The three of us will be cursed too! (laughs)
RINA: That’s why, you know, more than dying, I’m so much more scared of a new drummer coming along. (Half crying). Oh, it’d be the worst~! When I see you guys hanging out with someone I don’t know, I get jealous too …
MAMI: Well, then what would you do if we recruited a new member, and only hung out with people you didn’t know ? (Bullying!)
RINA: I think you’d find me floating in the Meguro river (laughs). It’s really horrible, honestly if it happened, I’d want the band to dissolve, and I want you to all be on break while I’m not around. (Cries)
TOMO: Well, why don’t we all get pregnant at the same time, and then have a concert with these huge stomachs?
MAMI: Maybe we could do that. But the last trimester would be pretty dangerous, don’t you think? (laughs)
TOMO: Maybe that could happen, right? We wouldn’t be able to jump any more than we do now, and we wouldn’t be able to move. We’d be a pregnant band.
MAMI: And then what would we do if, while shouting, ‘Zepp Tokyo, are you ready~?!” you went into labour?
TOMO: Give birth on stage!
RINA: Don’t tell me, it’s a ‘SCANDAL BABY’. (laughs)
HARU: I guess we have to prepare to keep singing through our contractions, no matter what song it is. (laughs).

I hope you've enjoyed this interview~ I don't have anything planned for a while since I've out-translated myself for now, if anyone has any kind of requests of what they'd like to see next, drop me a line~

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Thu May 22, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm silly.)

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 18, 2014 12:35 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
lol TIMO, all members pregnant and play on stage  Whistle SCANDAL the Ame Pregnant Band! Saw the SCANDAL Baby joke coming ^^

Not sure how much RINA was serious here but I guess it's half serious/half joke. Must be how she felt a little bit but it's not that fun to read to be honest... I doubt current RINA would say that, she is much more confident and it's impossible she gets replaced anyway.

I love how HARU stays out of the conversation but makes the joke at the end ^^

Still, I wonder if this could happen in a near future. I mean with one of the girls getting pregnant. I suppose it would be usual business at first then they would have to stop lives for a few months near the end and simply work in studio on new songs until that member is back. But considering what I heard about Japan and birth rate I guess they are not thinking about that at all right now.

Don't have a suggestion for your next translation but thanks for this one!!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Key_

Caless Student
Caless Student
That was just amazing to read,

I laugh a bit too much at some part !

Thank you for the translation really !  Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 19, 2014 5:37 am

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thank you so much for the translations! It is hilarious xD Made me laugh so much... they're all so different and at certain times, unexpected!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon May 19, 2014 6:31 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
That was pretty funny and enlightening too. Though it's kind of sad how they talk about guys in the abstract; I guess they really don't have time for relationships at this stage.

Everything they say totally matches with how I think of each of their personalities, though. I love Haruna most but Mami does make me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 20, 2014 9:23 pm

mappotofu

Caless Student
Caless Student
That was hilarious, thank you so much for the translations!
I wonder if they've changed their expectations for love since then? 
Hahaha Rina already had a scenario planned out  Onion XD 
But there's a part I didn't understand... One moment she's like "I die, I want you to break up the band (laughs)" and then later she says "I seriously want you to look for a new drummer. I can’t die and leave things like this." So... was she just joking for the 1st one and then seious for the 2nd...?

Onion Sigh No matter how long I sleep, it's never enough...  
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue May 20, 2014 10:56 pm

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think that the phantom Rina would plan to haunt the band forever.

Rinax wrote:RINA: That’s why, you know, more than dying, I’m so much more scared of a new drummer coming along. (Half crying). Oh, it’d be the worst~! When I see you guys hanging out with someone I don’t know, I get jealous too …
MAMI: Well, then what would you do if we recruited a new member, and only hung out with people you didn’t know ? (Bullying!)
RINA: I think you’d find me floating in the Meguro river (laughs). It’s really horrible, honestly if it happened, I’d want the band to dissolve, and I want you to all be on break while I’m not around. (Cries)

She's in a crossroad there with her jealousy and her sense of responsability :p

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 21, 2014 2:08 am

Koi no Kajitsu

International Performer
International Performer
Eeeh, what was that? Talking about death and pregnancy... two things I can't even imagine happening to them. hahaha (I know someday it will,though...)
Rina is extreme. LOL

Btw, thanks for translating it. ^^

{恋の果実}
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 21, 2014 5:36 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
mappotofu wrote:But there's a part I didn't understand... One moment she's like "I die, I want you to break up the band (laughs)" and then later she says "I seriously want you to look for a new drummer. I can’t die and leave things like this." So... was she just joking for the 1st one and then seious for the 2nd...?

I feel like something might have been a little lost in translation - we're not in the room with them seeing facial expressions, and often Japanese and English phrases don't easily equate. After the last part you quoted, she later says:

"That’s why, you know, more than dying, I’m so much more scared of a new drummer coming along. (Half crying). Oh, it’d be the worst~!"

I think more than anything, she can't bear the thought of them playing with a different drummer. So my impression is that she was half-joking the first time, half-serious the second time, but what she really wants is for them not to play with anyone else. So really the first thing she said is more her true feelings, even if she was actually joking. The "I seriously want you to look for a new drummer" sounds like something she's saying to please the other three, so they don't feel obligated to break up if she's no longer available.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm

mappotofu

Caless Student
Caless Student
@spacecadet: Oh I see... thank you for taking the time to explain it ^^
Haaa... I don't even want to imagine the band breaking up or changing members   Onion Cry

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 22, 2014 10:07 am

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@space, mappotofu

No, it was just me being silly and putting in a slightly outdated translation because I had to consult my Kansai-ben expert on her expression T_T I was confused, though, because she says right after, "I can't die and leave things like this!"

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 22, 2014 10:26 am

mappotofu

Caless Student
Caless Student
@TanyaLilac: Oh well thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding ^^ 
The fact that you're even translating all these interviews is already very nice of you  Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:57 am

mumu

Caless Student
Caless Student
hahahahaha as i can said , Rina and Haru really can makea good spouse ahhh ~ such a lucky guy who will be their couple/husband heheh . Rina so me >< we had the same feeling .happy.that last part3 soooo FUNNY ! LOL aduhhhhh tomami so mean !! but still i love u mami Love

"Queens don't reach the top just by being cute" - Queens are Trumps
Back to top Go down