Songs never played live or on TV?
Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I'm trying to improve my database with SCANDAL's song and add information but it's not that easy to find alone. I was wondering if people here could help me by making a list? For many songs I have the answer or I'm *almost* sure about it but I think it's better if some of you could confirm and help =P

What I'm trying to do is make 2 lists:
- A list of songs they have NEVER played live (in concerts, fan meeting, etc). Basically songs that you can only hear on a CD and they never performed for an audience. Examples: Osaka LOVER, How Crazy, etc. This list is going to be small I think!
- A list of songs not performed live on TV/DVD. That means songs that you can only hear on CD or where you have to go to one of their concert/tour (the MV/PV don't count, I mean live version). Examples: Metronome, STANDARD, Namida yo Hikare, etc. This list is going to be bigger and a bit harder to do especially for older songs.

Well here is what I have for the moment, maybe you guys can help to complete it or tell me if I'm wrong. I hope I didn't confuse you too much xD

1. Songs NEVER played live anywhere ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler:

Roppongi Shinjuu (cover)
SINKY-YORK (cover)
DAYDREAM (cover)
Sunny Day Sunday (cover)
Natsu Neiro | Played on August 15th, 2007 and more
SO EASY | Played on May 22th, 2007 under the name Good Morning
Midnight Television
Yumemiru Koro wo Sugitemo (cover)
START
How Crazy (cover)
Osaka LOVER (cover) | Played at OJH 360°
SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE | Played at YokoAri Day 1
love in action
Graduation | Played first at Akasaka Blitz 09/15
Onegai Navigation | Played first at Akasaka Blitz 09/14
Hon wo Yomu | Played first at Akasaka Blitz 09/15
Kan Biiru | Played first at Akasaka Blitz 09/14
Winter story
Oyasumi
Nai Nai Night 2014

2. Songs NEVER fully performed live on TV/DVD ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler:

NOTE : I didn't include the "special" cover/collaboration songs they sometimes did to keep things simple (for example the Garasu no Shounen cover from Kinky Kids they played during Best Xmas 5).

Roppongi Shinjuu (cover)
SINKY-YORK (cover)
DAYDREAM (cover) | There is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] available
secret base ~Kimi ga Kureta Mono~ | Only a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] available
Sunny Day Sunday (cover)
GLAMOROUS YOU
Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
Appletachi no Dengon
Tokyo Skyscraper
Bitter Chocolate
Koe
Rising Star
Bright
Right Here
Natsu Neiro
FUTURE
SO EASY
Midnight Television
CUTE!
Emotion
Want you
Kimi ni Shittochuu
Hikare
Yumemiru Koro wo Sugitemo (cover)
OSAKA
Asterisk (cover)
Brand new wave
Uchiage Hanabi
Orange Juice
Metronome
Weather Report
Hachigatsu
Namida yo Hikare | Played at YokoAri
STANDARD | Played at YokoAri
Cherry Jam (Dobondobondo MAMI×TOMOMI)
SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE | Played at YokoAri
Dobondobondo no Theme (Dobondobondo MAMI×TOMOMI)
START
How Crazy (cover)
Osaka LOVER (cover)
Rainy | Played at YokoAri
love in action
Graduation
Onegai Navigation
Hon wo Yomu
Kan Biruu
Winter story
Oyasumi
Place of life | There is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but no video
Nai Nai Night 2014

Would also be great if you could add information like where they have played the song or the link to the video =P Thanks for your help  Praise

Last edited by HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:24 am; edited 16 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated lists)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: Songs never played live or on TV?
Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:56 am

victor_survive

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Actually there's a short version of Daydream on YT

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:32 am

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Tokyo Skyscraper was played somewhere?

Also I'm pretty sure Bitter Chocolate had a TV live

here it is: 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:02 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -

kaitanuva wrote:Tokyo Skyscraper was played somewhere?

If you're talking strictly live performances, yes, they played "Tokyo Skyscraper" during the entire duration of their BABY ACTION tour in fall of 2011.

-----------------------------------------------

This has been broadcast on TV:

CUTE! @ 2011 Ontama Carnival
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, I'm pretty sure they've never played the 2 Bleach covers, "Asterisk" and "ALONES," live nor on TV/DVD before.

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:13 am

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
kaitanuva wrote:Tokyo Skyscraper was played somewhere?

If you're talking strictly live performances, yes, they played "Tokyo Skyscraper" during the entire duration of their BABY ACTION tour in fall of 2011.

-----------------------------------------------

Now I'm sad...they won't ever release footage of that tour, and it will probably never be played again..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Okay~ thanks for the first answers! Let's see :

DAYDREAM: Thanks for the video but now I'm not sure what to do. It's a part of the song only so yeah there is a video I guess and we know at least how it sounds live. So I will mark it as TV & live yeah but add a note in my database ^^

Bitter Chocolate: Okay, nice! Actually I saw that video but yeah it's difficult to remember and be 100% sure^^ thanks!

Tokyo Skyscraper: Yeah this one I saw it in a set list but no video of it Sad

CUTE!: Okay thanks! I t was cleared there was some mistakes in my initial list hehe

Asterisk + ALONES: Asterisk yeah, never live, never TV as far as I know but HARUxAQUATIMEZ made a studio live video for ALONES so I decided to mark it as "TV". It's one of these special cases I guess, same as DAYDREAM where we seem to have a very short video only of it.

What about the others songs? Did I forget one? Are the others ok?

(I updated my first message and the lists)

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
They've played SO EASY live before, I think it was on the 2013 tour. The one with the movie title that Awanai was used for. I'm pretty sure they played it. I think your second list is fine, though.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:54 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Af8! wrote:They've played SO EASY live before, I think it was on the 2013 tour. The one with the movie title that Awanai was used for. I'm pretty sure they played it. I think your second list is fine, though.

TGE posted all the setlists in the first message here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No trace of SO EASY Sad Unless you mean another tour/concert but this should be the one you talk about.

The SO EASY-FUTURE-Natsu Neiro trio is actually surprising. The 3 songs are the b-sides of Shoujo S from 2009 and for now it seems they have only played FUTURE but only in... 2013 =P Which was a big surprise for me when I made the list. And it seems none of them was on TV/DVD.

But maybe they played them in some small live where we couldn't get the set list? I check edall the topics here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But maybe I missed a message with a set list  White Flag 

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:09 pm

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Nice topic HRMT!  Happy 

Well, you were already corrected by TGE and Kaitanuva about Cute! and Bitter chocolate.

I'm sure some songs in STANDARD album will be perform soon with incoming 2 Yokohama concerts which might soon to be release in DVD. I wish they can perform some old good stuff such as Emotion, Midnight Television, Hikare, Bright and Appletachi no dengon on those concerts.

Scandal in the House and Dobondobondo live would also be awesome too!! Amazed 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! Hmmm 
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmm...I could of sworn SO EASY was there, but I guess not? Oh, well then, I guess you're list is all good then!  Clap Nice job!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:19 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Af8! wrote:Hmm...I could of sworn SO EASY was there, but I guess not? Oh, well then, I guess you're list is all good then! Clap Nice job!

Hum I would be surprised if the lists are 100% correct now. Maybe someone will remember something about the songs.

MamiXHaruna wrote:Nice topic HRMT!  Happy 

Well, you were already corrected by TGE and Kaitanuva about Cute! and Bitter chocolate.

I'm sure some songs in STANDARD album will be perform soon with incoming 2 Yokohama concerts which might soon to be release in DVD. I wish they can perform some old good stuff such as Emotion, Midnight Television, Hikare, Bright and Appletachi no dengon on those concerts.

Scandal in the House and Dobondobondo live would also be awesome too!! Amazed 

Hoping for 2 DVDS but yeah it's almost sure we will get some new songs on TV/DVD with the arenas, especially the songs from STANDARD. I cannot imagine even for a second that they will not play songs like STANDARD, Namida yo Hikare, Hachigatsu, Metronome, etc. Of course they will play a lot of classics but I think my head would explode if we don't see a lot of songs from STANDARD...

I'm really hoping they could play some other "old" songs too like Koe or the songs you mention but the chances are a bit smaller sadly. And yes, I'm actually praying every god in the universe that they play SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE, I'm crazy about that song and I would be so sad if they don't play it in the arenas so we could have it on DVD  Dead Onion  Stress Onion 

Anyways, please post information if you remember something about the songs okay~?  Thumbs Onion 

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:12 pm

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Nice thread HRMT! Nice One 
Unfornately I can't help you that much but the timing is perfect since I was wondering if they really played Right Here during a tour? Do we have any videos or a track of this song played in live?
Thanks in advance!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:21 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Right Here has been played during the Queens are Trumps tour 2012 : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe during some other lives too but there is no video of it anywhere. At least that I could find!

Actually all their main album songs have been played live somewhere during a concert/hall tour. Just not all their special album songs like R-GIRL's ROCK! or ENCORE SHOW.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:30 pm

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So they did played it!^^ Ah that is a nice song to perform in live, I wish I could see a video of it! Dies 
Thanks for your answer!Wink

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:49 pm

victor_survive

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I agree, it's a pretty cool and interesting topic.
There was a video where Glamorous You was played, but it was a pretty short video (like 30 seconds).
Also in the video of Baby Action Tour, there are like 5 or 10 seconds or even less of Tokyo Skyscraper.

Last edited by victor_survive on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:16 pm

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
"START" was performed at Square Enix Party 2007 ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

btw, HRMT could you separate original and cover songs in the OP, plz?

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:00 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
victor_survive wrote:I agree, it's a pretty cool and interesting topic.
There was a video where Glamorous You was played, but it was a pretty short video (like 30 seconds).
Also in the video of Baby Action Tour, there are like 5 or 10 seconds or even less of Tokyo Skyscraper.

Is that 30 sec video available on youtube or something? Hum 30 seconds isn't really long it's more like a preview so not even sure it should be counted as "seen on TV".

sillentdx wrote:"START" was performed at Square Enix Party 2007 ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

btw, HRMT could you separate original and cover songs in the OP, plz?

START has been removed from the live list then, thanks! And OMG the photos from 2007 wow, RINA so young xD

About the covers well, I wanted to keep it simple and not have several lists. Even if it's a cover, these songs have been released on official SCANDAL CDs like R-GIRL's ROCK! or as B-side on singles. Why do you want to separate them?

EDIT: I added a (cover) for the cover songs but I think it's simpler to just keep 2 lists.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:23 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
Namida yo Hikare was played during that Mezamashi live, altho only a part of it was shown on that news and at the end, it didnt get broadcasted when the show was aired Sad

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:38 pm

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Osaka lover is also a cover

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:45 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
hapihapi wrote:Namida yo Hikare was played during that Mezamashi live, altho only a part of it was shown on that news and at the end, it didnt get broadcasted when the show was aired Sad

Hum well it's a new song, better to leave it on the list for now I think even if we got a short preview, we will surely get a video for it this year hopefully in the arenas or maybe during some summer festival broadcasted  Thumbs Onion 

kaitanuva wrote:Osaka lover is also a cover

Yeah and How Crazy too, forgot to look at the end of the list when I updated  Onion XD 

It's updated now.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 am

Mati Saurus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I thought that they never played Koe live, but they did. Thare are no register of that at all? Not even a cellphone video?

Tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tara tun tun tun tara tun tun tin tun

tiin tururin tin tin tin tun tun tun tan tananan tan taaan nanan
Kill the virgin
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:34 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Mati Audia wrote:I thought that they never played Koe live, but they did. Thare are no register of that at all? Not even a cellphone video?

Cell phone videos are strictly not allowed during concerts in Japan, so you'd likely have a hard time finding a video of it from one of their Japanese shows. I'm not sure if they've ever played it outside of Japan where the rules aren't as strict.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:52 am

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ They have played Koe live when they were in Malaysia back in 2012 too. There's a few snippets of that here and there, I think. There was actually a phone recording of Koe from their STANDARD 2013 Hall Tour that can still be found in youtube, however abiding my forum rules it can't be shared here as like Spacecadet mentioned, it's prohibited. 

Af8! wrote:They've played SO EASY live before, I think it was on the 2013 tour. The one with the movie title that Awanai was used for. I'm pretty sure they played it.

I could've sworn that I saw it too. Either SO EASY or Natsu Neiro. One of them was played either in 2012 or 2013 for a tour that I'm pretty sure was just for Mania members. But I've looked through the setlists and I haven't found any with any of those songs. Maybe I've missed it or maybe I am just hallucinating lol but I'm pretty sure that Rina also wrote a blogpost soon after the concert saying that it was nice to play old songs again or something like that, and she mentioned SO EASY/Natsu Neiro in that post.

Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:57 am

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:
Mati Audia wrote:I thought that they never played Koe live, but they did. Thare are no register of that at all? Not even a cellphone video?

Cell phone videos are strictly not allowed during concerts in Japan, so you'd likely have a hard time finding a video of it from one of their Japanese shows. I'm not sure if they've ever played it outside of Japan where the rules aren't as strict.
Well, in fact there was a cellphone video of Scandal's Standard Tour in Nagoya. It was even uploaded in SH before TGE asked the uploader to delete it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:57 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
A cellphone video isn't what I meant for this topic anyway, only real TV/DVD/official (quality) footage =P

They played Koe during the QAT tour and a few other times but it was never filmed. They even played it acoustic in a summer festival last year... I think one of the biggest hope for all fans is that they play in the arenas so we should get a video ^^

About SO EASY/Natsu Neiro I really haven't seen it anywhere in a set list but now ichiruki! you think they played it too  OMG I also think they have play it, it really looks weird to me that they get 3 B-sides for Shoujo S and then never used them in a concert (well, FUTURE only in 2013). I think they must have play it in some short live and we didn't get the setlist posted or a thread for it.

But unless someone can find an old message/set list here or from a reliable source I can't mark it as live.

Back to top Go down