Funny this has been bumped today, I just finished to watch season 4 of The Walking Dead last night =P Great season especially the second part.
Mati Saurus wrote:Step 1: GET A SWORD (checked!) Zombies are slow and stupid, easy to kill with big knifes, and you`ll never run out of bullets!
Step 2: Kill Flanders (he was a zombie?)
Step 3: Get a fire weapon.
Step 4: Using the state of chaos as an adventage, manage to become the ruler of the world.
Step 5: Order pizza.
#1 for sure. I was thinking about the best weapons while watching TWD the other day and I think you need several for the different situations:
- Sword: it's just perfect for open ground situation (if the zombies are slow types, if they are the fast kind like in some movies then sword is out of the equation), you can swing it or use it as a spear and it doesn't make noise.
- Knife: for the indoor situations where you cannot swing the sword or simply the "ninja" kills.
- Spear: if you have a (fortified) "home" a long spear would be great to kill quietly all the zombies approaching or being at the gates/walls. You can reach far without any danger and you won't be covered in blood ^^
- Bow/crossbow: If you have very good aim this is probably the weapon you want to use the most. It is basically a silent gun where you can retrieve the bullets, so you are never out of ammo. It can work at close range, mid range and even long range if you are good. Perfect to go hunting animals too!
- Normal gun: A must have for all the situations of course but especially for mid-range combat. The big noise it makes isn't good but it's sometimes the easiest to do and is also great against other humans that want to harm you.
- Machine gun: Same as the spear I think, only great if you defend your home and against large numbers when there is no other choice left (aka they are breaking in). Otherwise on the outdoors it's probably too heavy and not efficient at all (unless in a group and all people have different types of weapon to protect you)
- Grenades: If you can get some from some military complex they could be great in some situations like attracting attention of the zombies elsewhere so you can run away or maybe in a situation where dozens of them are packed against a wall, throw 1-2 grenades in the middle and you can kill a lot very fast.
Crossbow, knife, normal gun and sword seem to be must haves if you can travel with all that... So probably not for kids or weak people unless someone else is carrying the backpack with food/supplies. Gun and knife right and left with some holster, sword on your back (with your backpack too if you are alone) and crossbow always in your hands to be prepared for anything.
I'm giving this too much thoughts lol but it's fun xD
For your #5 it just makes me feel like we would miss a lot of things if there is an invasion. Things that are normal in our daily lives would suddenly become rare or very rare... All the good food we are used too would become rare T_T
Jose Manuel Cortes wrote:I would meet with 3 of my friends, we already have a plan for a zombie apocalypse xD
haha nice to have a plan with friends =P