Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

Yay translated interviews section~! 

~Index~:

This may be slightly anti-climactic but my return to form is apparently going to be the GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS book. I'm getting through the interview archive section a bit faster than the long interviews at the front of the book so I'll post them at a later date when I have more material. XD For now, enjoy this flashback and some absolutely amazing lines from MAMI which shows off all of her infinite wisdom as an 18 year old, and her former belief that you can say what ever you want at an interview.

1st Single 「DOLL」Interview Date 2008 November

Photo Archives 01

“When we formed, everyone was still a student, and after school we would go to band practice just wearing our school uniforms. So when we were deciding on our outfits for street lives, our conversation turned to “wouldn’t it be more like us to perform in uniforms like we normally do?” We all went to different schools so we bought matching uniforms. These uniforms were made by a certain brand that was famous for ‘school fashion’ and we all paid for them ourselves (laughs). It was hard to find four matching outfits in all of our sizes.” (TOMOMI)

Interview Archives 01
What we have now is a sisterhood...:

... They also didn't have a lot of interview experience. XD

Last edited by SH_Staff on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:08 am; edited 7 times in total

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Re: 【GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS】 Interview Archives
Posted Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:47 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

2nd Single 「SAKURA Goodbye」Interview Date 2009 March

Photo Archive 02
For our debut single, we had all gone out to buy our own outfits, but it was around this time, we decided to ask for professional costumers. They took our measurements, and made our jackets from scratch. Meanwhile, we gave input like, “maybe it would look better with the trimming”. The skirts were store bought. It seemed like we were smaller than costumer had expected, so when we went for a fitting, they put heaps and heaps of safety pins on the back of our jackets (laughs). When we went to get changed out of them, we all got stuck because of the pins. (RINA)

Interview Archives 02

"That's what 'hello goodbye' means..." - TOMOMI:

And yes, I had to look up Sakura Goodbye's lyrics for the first time ever.

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at Scandal Baby on Wordpress or Livejournal

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: Long Interview | Photo Archives & Interview Archives
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition: Album Interview | SCANDAL Girl's Love Talk & Conversation
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:10 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

3rd Single 「Shoujo S」Interview Date 2009 July

Photo Archive 03

Up until this point, we had worn actual uniforms, but they became a bit more stylish. On top of this, the colour of everyone’s ties was different; we started having subtle variations in everyone’s accessories. I feel like we thought, “Ah, we’ve become able to do cool things, hey?” as our spirits increased a lot. I was quite pleased with this outfit. (HARUNA)

Interview Archives 02

"We're playing in the rain so I guess the highlight would be ..." -RINA:

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:02 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

4th Single 「Yumemiru Tsubasa」Interview Date 2009 October

Photo Archive 04

This is the same outfit we used for BEST★SCANDAL. If I think about it, everyone still had black hair and we still had a matching theme. Only our ties were different, I guess. And we did our first one man live in this outfit. It was winter so I remember we thought we’d be fine, but of course, it turned out to be way too hot. (MAMI)

Interview Archive 04

Wouldn't you say you need a bit of courage to talk about your dreams? - MAMI:

Last edited by TanyaLilac on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:20 am

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

1st Album『BEST★SCANDAL』Interview Date 2009 November

Photo Archive 05
In the beginning, we all had the same straight, long black hair – to the point where people would often tell us, “I can’t tell you apart” (laughs). Eventually we started wanting to express our own individuality. For this outfit, we discussed things with our stylist and made some modifications. The red chequered skirt is quite uniform-ish, and it has a bit of spirit to it. It’s one of the things I’ve liked quite a lot. (TOMOMI)

Interview Archive 05
"The four of us have written various songs, but that is the running theme." - RINA:

SCANDAL SHOW Interviews
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.