Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:11 pm


M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't think it'll be possible to reach 50k by St. Valentines Day. :p


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:37 am


MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
sillentdx wrote:Dunno if it was mentioned here but Kitty released a SCANDAL themed record player (limited to 500) to accomodate the release of HELLO WORLD (see HERE)

Yes! I think the record player is the same Satchmi Motorino II (maybe made by Crossley) which is available only in the Philippines. As of today, the SCANDAL record players are already sold out. That indicates that vinyl is really making a comeback in Japan.

Back to the topic, I observed that Scandal has completely departed to the pop punk sound (Avril Lavigne, Paramore, etc.) and started to play variations since STANDARD. However, it is not as deep as I expected. I don't know if they listen to bands like Cheap Trick, Manic Street Preachers and Garbage because of their current sound.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:20 pm


M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MamiNoodles wrote:
sillentdx wrote:Dunno if it was mentioned here but Kitty released a SCANDAL themed record player (limited to 500) to accomodate the release of HELLO WORLD (see HERE)

Yes! I think the record player is the same Satchmi Motorino II (maybe made by Crossley) which is available only in the Philippines. As of today, the SCANDAL record players are already sold out. That indicates that vinyl is really making a comeback in Japan.

Back to the topic, I observed that Scandal has completely departed to the pop punk sound (Avril Lavigne, Paramore, etc.) and started to play variations since STANDARD. However, it is not as deep as I expected. I don't know if they listen to bands like Cheap Trick, Manic Street Preachers and Garbage because of their current sound.
I don't think they have "completely departed" from those kinds of sound, I mean there's OneNavi, Runners High, Image (not sure if they're pop punk or what, but I think these are the kinds of sounds that you're pertaining to?) Not sure, but I think SCANDAL did mention that they are simply exploring these different sounds (genre ? Tongue) so I kinda saw this coming after STANDARD was released haha (just not Hon wo Yomu, def not expect Mami to be singing high notes ^^ I grew to love it anyways)
But worry not, the girls still rock, they have not 'completely departed' (^^)

Those are sold out, by the way. So quickly, I did not even see those things on sale. Like when I saw it posted one day, it was just 'SOLD OUT' on the site lol. I hope they sell more m(_ _ )m


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:35 pm


sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
10th week on Oricon Weekly Album Chart:
#202 with 338 copies! (total: 48,809 copies)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:46 am


MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
M wrote:I don't think they have "completely departed" from those kinds of sound, I mean there's OneNavi, Runners High, Image (not sure if they're pop punk or what, but I think these are the kinds of sounds that you're pertaining to?) Not sure, but I think SCANDAL did mention that they are simply exploring these different sounds (genre ? Tongue) so I kinda saw this coming after STANDARD was released haha (just not Hon wo Yomu, def not expect Mami to be singing high notes ^^ I grew to love it anyways)

Pop punk, not anymore. I would consider the subgenre of those songs you have mentioned as post-grunge (as many North Americans call it), which is also known as alternative rock to the rest of the world.

Meanwhile, I'm glad that this album is still selling. Let's have faith that it will reach 50k mark. Wink

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:34 am


sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
11st week on Oricon Weekly Album Chart:
#213 with 323 copies! (total: 49,132 copies)


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:38 pm


Wily

Caless Student
Caless Student
Does anyone know if that T-shirt was Japanese size?

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:39 pm


thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Wily wrote:Does anyone know if that T-shirt was Japanese size?

Yes, it is. It's equivalent to a US men's size small.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:47 pm


Wily

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you. Now I know I made a Good choice to buy the dvd version. No point in me buying a T-shirt I can't wear. lol

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 am


akaingo

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCAdXzIBkffTLJuXV4mNUmA
I love how this album gives a different feel in SCANDAL's music, and it's lovely.  Happy


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
ともみ!!! LOVE
Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:04 pm


kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Their sound has definitely matured on this album and I also noticed the first big step was the Standard album. All successful bands have to move along with the times and sometimes unfortunately, whether the original fan base likes it or not.

My initial reaction was very mixed as it was even more commercial sounding than Standard and like Standard, this album is growing on me more and more.  Is it as "rock" as their earlier stuff - no, but I actually find it better composed and more technical.  The guitar parts are layered better and Mami's guitar work during the non-solo parts are the best yet. It is so good to see that she has improved so much as a player and composer compared to her earlier songs.

Overall, this is another great album and songs that I didn't think I would ever really like, I now can't get out of my head. Still can't get into song 12 (sorry, don't know the name, cd went straight into car cd player which doesn't recognise Japanese). I can get over the processed vocals as it suits the style of the song but the vocal melody never appears to change - like listening to the verse over and over again.  

Favourite was song 7, but image is quickly becoming my new fav.  Anyone else think the intro and verse to song 2 sounds like Green Day's American Idiot?

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:29 pm


flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

kFDzero wrote:the vocal melody never appears to change - like listening to the verse over and over again.

According to Rina (who wrote the song) it was intentional and I personaly think it works really well, as there's enough variation throughout the song.


kFDzero wrote:Anyone else think the intro and verse to song 2 sounds like Green Day's American Idiot?

I think pretty much every one agree on that.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 am


kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
flyingwill wrote:
According to Rina (who wrote the song) it was intentional and I personaly think it works really well, as there's enough variation throughout the song.


Interesting to know it was intentional.  I might give it a few more times before I hit skip again. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:51 am


kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

kFDzero wrote:
flyingwill wrote:
According to Rina (who wrote the song) it was intentional and I personaly think it works really well, as there's enough variation throughout the song.


Interesting to know it was intentional.  I might give it a few more times before I hit skip again. Thanks.

Oyasumi has a shoegazer vibe to it, and in the interview on PICK UP (which I think what flyingwill described above) RINA specifically mentioned it too. Go to about 11:00 in this vid:



http://dai.ly/x2dbtkf

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:42 pm


flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Actually I was referring to her blog entry in which she explained a bit of the context of each song: http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t11213-self-liner-notes-2014-12-08-rina

But that video above was really cool, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Re: 6th Album - 「HELLO WORLD」
Posted on Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:54 pm


kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Excellent links guys. Some nice light reading/watching before I now get stuck into prepping my tax return lol.

Back to top Go down