Anybody know what pickups Mami uses in her strat?
Posted on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:07 am

SomethingAcacia

Caless Student
Caless Student
Not sure if this belongs here or not, but I'm attempting to make the Mami strat but I can't find out what she's using. It's an American Standard but the pickups in those only come as white so I don't think they are stock.

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
She actually uses a Standard Stratocaster HSS, which has humbucker pickups.

We do have a thread on here relating to MAMI's gear that does have a bit more info on her Strat. Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, we do have threads from people on here who have put together and made their own MAMI Strats, which could be helpful:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
SomethingAcacia wrote:Not sure if this belongs here or not, but I'm attempting to make the Mami strat but I can't find out what she's using. It's an American Standard but the pickups in those only come as white so I don't think they are stock.

I think we can only make a calculated guess. For the single coil pups, plastic pickup covers are easily changed to black, hence it's likely she still has the stock Fender single coil pickups.

The humbucking pup on the other hand is likely a replacement as you cannot change the bobbin to another colour ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Your best bet is to choose a brand of your choice that's nearest to a Fender, or get a Fender humbucker - the only black one on the current 2014 catalog is the Twin Head Modern ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) but it may be a bit 'metal'.

My ESP/LTD MAMIcaster has the Seymour Duncan JB on it. It's the replacement of choice for a Les Paul and it sounds great on a Strat body. It is also the stock bridge HB pup on my ESP Horizon. It's not that high end like the Invader but hotter than a classic 59. I have written a bit on my guitar here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16/3/2013 *SCAPE Warehouse | SINGAPORE
12/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本
13/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本

Back to top Go down

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Since drop in replacement pick guard with pre-wired pickups set for Strat is readily available, I think the guy who did the custom mod for Mami just go with that.
Pretty sure the bridge humbucker is not a Fender's original. It's kind of high output.

Back to top Go down