Go down

Re: MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar
Posted Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:09 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Almost there, I can't believe it.
The wetsanding and buffing process turned out to be much more difficult than expected, I even burned through the finish in a couple of spot, and it has scratches everywhere(luckily you can't see them in the photo).
In the end it turned out decent.
since I was almost there I couldn't wait to receive the remaining parts to assemble it, so I used the some old plastic as placeholder(all the cream one) and the back doesn't even have the cavity cover.
MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar - Page 2 Img_0310
MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar - Page 2 Img_0311
MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar - Page 2 Img_0312
MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar - Page 2 Img_0313

This could be my last update, because it's basically done, but probably I'll edit the first post with the final product.

EDIT: I forgot to ask, does anyone know what strap does she use on the Les Paul?I can't recognize it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:08 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I actually thought it was a Levy's strap from the brown leather patch but looking at it again shows that the shape of the logo is wrong for it. Here's a screencap:

MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar - Page 2 8CBD876E-7DBA-478A-989A-37A061C8F462_zpsns5kpkza

It looks like it is more white suede. Nevertheless, there are similar white leather straps by Levy's that'd do the trick if you cannot find the exact brand. 

PS: I tried Perri's leather but no luck there too.

MAMI's Les Paul inspired guitar - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:30 am

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thats bad ass Mentolo Peace Onion  Makes me want to put one together as well

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:41 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I'll reply here if you don't mind (in case the mods tell me off for going off topic hehe).

Yeah, I note the LP Deluxe they have in the market - but I just hate that new squiggly Les Paul signature on the 2015 models. Hehehe.

There's another much cheaper version but you'd prolly need to do a lot of alterations eg new white pickguard - the Epiphone Joe Bonamassa model.

Once you're done - it'll be great if you could a video review.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:28 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Depending on what you want to achieve an epiphone could be great as a base to work with, but if you want to strip the paint it's not a good idea:epiphone uses a different wood for the neck, it's much lighter in colour but still has the propriety of mahogany and stripping a polyurethane it's not a easy work.
Unfortunately I encountered both in my project, and wasn't fun...
For the price of an epiphone you can buy a high-end kit with the quality and specs of a real vintage model.
If one day I decide to try again I'm definitely going to use a quality kit.

I was thinking about making a demo video if anyone was interested, but the pickups sounds a bit "dead" and I wanted to wait until I have(or I can afford...) a decent set before recording a video.

ps:I too find ugly the new "les paul" logo(if i recall correctly it's for the 100th anniversary of is birth so it's going to last for this year) but the other feature of the 2015 models are very tempting(e.g. adjustable nut and removable pickguard) but still...I don't have the money..

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:39 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Not trying to belabour on a point, and don't get me wrong, what you've done is out of this world (I can't paint anything to save my life lol) - did you choose the colour because you like it that way or was it difficult to obtain the Pelham Blue finish. Isn't there an actual DuPont code for it?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:53 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I bought the rattlecans online for both the pelham blue and clear coat and what they told me was that they used the original DuPont recipe for the pelham blue, but they make the paint fresh with every order (as with everyone that make that kind finish in rattle cans)so I guess this time they made it a bit darker, it's the only thing I'm not that satisfied.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.