I need clarification so that I'll know my stand
Posted on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 am

thegreenheartsmith

Caless Student
Caless Student
Okay. I joined a group (an FB group) related to SCANDAL and I was trying to make a group banner out of pictures found here in the site (I'd be honest, I saved the banner thingy). I want to give full credits to those people who created and owned the images but I can't really find the trademark name (I really want to give credits).

There's this one member of the group and said I shouldn't have get the image out of nowhere without giving credits to the owner.

So my question is, did I violate any rules? I mean, I didn't use the images I got for commercial purposes. I was trying to come up with something out from the pictures I got. I want clarification from the higher-ups or veterans (I don't think any word suits for this).

And...
Am I allowed to use the banner of scandal-heaven (the four chibis, yoake no ryuuseigun theme)? If I wasn't, I would immediately stop using it and just display it in my desktop.

I hope someone's going to reply :3
Please

Back to top Go down

Re: I need clarification so that I'll know my stand
Posted on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:22 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure I understand everything but it seems what you did is simply rude and something you don't do on internet ^^ This layout was created for SH so using it somewhere else isn't "illegal" but not appropriate at all especially if you don't clearly give credits to the authors.

It's different from taking official photos from SCANDAL and making a collage or a signature ^^ Here some people created the layout/banner so it's THEIR work.

Well just my opinion, maybe read the thread I linked and contact the authors and/or admin of SH Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: I need clarification so that I'll know my stand
Posted on Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:05 pm

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

You always, always, ALWAYS, want to ask permission of the original content creator when planning to use their work on some other website. If they say no, then leave the material alone. If they allow you to use it, make sure to give credits (crediting their username and linking to their SH profile should be okay). Everybody reacts differently to how (and if) they want their content to be distributed. But the important thing here is to ASK if it is okay to do so.

Things for personal use, such as stand-alone desktop or phone wallpapers are fine.

Thank you for asking around when it comes to these kinds of things though. It is much appreciated!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Thankies, pips~
Posted on Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:25 pm

thegreenheartsmith

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for giving the info.
It's great to receive clarifications from ppl here. :D
Now, I didn't use the chibi banner and planning to replace other thing instead.

Thankyou again~
Clap

Back to top Go down