Neo Magazine UK [Page 1 of 1]

Neo Magazine UK
Posted on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:00 pm

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist

W-o-w... hats should be tipped for Neo mag for these:
1. Neo: Tipped as 'the most powerful Japanese girlie pop band' by iTunes (reality: by Kitty Records)
2. Neo: and likend by music legend Tetsuya Komuro to a female U2 (WTH?)
3. Neo: they were crowned best New Artist at the 51st Japan Record Awards (reality: South Korean boy band Big Bang won that award)

also what is this Canadian world music chart that they topped? (that's bs, too? as I can't find any 'Canadian world music chart' nor that tweet by the band)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Re: Neo Magazine UK
Posted on Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:34 pm

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
A female U2 WHAT?! I don't know if that's a good thing or not lol (sorry U2 fans...). GOOD JOB NEO UK. GOOD JOB. You guys get a cookie for doing hardly any research. Maybe Tetsuya Komuro did say it at an interview who knows but that's quite an odd comparison. 

Although I will give them kudos for that Canada tweet. Here in the SH CDN thread, Lexian screen-shotted that tweet here. Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Love SCANDAL!!  LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:05 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well thats seems a bit weird lol ^^ But at least the positive thing is they talk about SCANDAL. The rest is a bit weird but okay~~ :S

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8777-game-fun-with-scandal
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10195-game-2048-puzzle-scandal-editions
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:07 pm

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Would love to meet that "pop-punk band" named Scandal.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:36 am

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
SCANDAL Becomes First Band to be on the Cover of British Magazine NEO

SCANDAL, one of Japan’s most powerful all-girl rock bands, will feature on the cover of issue 138 of NEO Magazine in the UK from 12 June 2015, following the successful conclusion of their first world tour, their latest music video Image passing one million views, and the release of two international albums in the last six months through London’s JPU Records.

It’s the first time a band has featured on the cover of the British anime, manga and Asian pop-culture publication since beginning ten years ago under publisher Uncooked Media. Fittingly, SCANDAL has also has their music used in hugely popular anime as Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist and the latest Pokémon film.

The issue of NEO boasts an extensive six-page interview with the band, including exclusive photos from their sold out show at the O2 Academy Islington, as well as the group’s first time sight-seeing in London, including their homage to musical heroes The Beatles whilst visiting Abbey Road Studios, and rock legends Oasis in recreating the cover of (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?. Two full-A4 posters are additionally included.

Editor Gemma Cox comments; ”NEO 138 is truly an issue dear to our hearts, as it’s the first time in our decade-long history that we’ve featured a Japanese band on the front cover. Asian music is one of our passions at NEO, and we could not think of a better band to celebrate this with than SCANDAL, the all-girl group currently taking the world by storm! Powering through the charts with their latest album releases, HELLO WORLD and UK-and-Europe-exclusive GREATEST HITS, there was never a better time for us to speak to the girls than during their brief stop in London as part of their tour. We hope SCANDAL-fans and music lovers enjoy our extensive coverage in NEO 138.”

SCANDAL’s latest studio album HELLO WORLD is their eighth to be released, and reached number three in Japan’s Oricon Album Chart when it was originally released in Japan from Epic Records, owned by Sony Music Entertainment Japan. It was SCANDAL’s first album to be released in the UK through independent label JPU Records Ltd. at the start of 2015, and was followed up by an exclusive compilation from the British label entitled GREATEST HITS, which sold out of initial print before release date in May 2015.

Issue 138 of NEO Magazine is available from magazine stockists from 12 June 2015, as well as its homepage www.neomag.co.uk/magazine.

NEO 138 is also available digitally from Google Play, Amazon, Pocket Mags, the iOS App Store and from www.neomag.co.uk/digitalmag/issue/138.

Are they drunk or what?
#1 "SCANDAL's very first concert took place some 6,500 miles away at Texas' South by Southwest Festival" (March 16-23, 2008)

-Their first concert was in Osaka (as the opening act of Heavy Rhythm, August 29, 2006) (what staff of the magazine ment: Scandal had their very first tour in the US [before they even toured in Japan] as part of "Japan Nite US Tour 2008" organized by SXSW.)

#2 "which so far amounted to three singles knocked out on a local Osaka indie label"

-Kitty is based in Tokyo

#3 "They have even netted their first award, becoming Rookie of the Year. They were nominated in the Best New Artist catergory too"

-There's no "Rookie of the Year" award on Japan Record Awards. They were nominated in Best New Artist catergory, alongside with 4 other artist, they loose to South Korean boy band Big Bang, thus they won the New Artist award alongside with the other 3 looser

#4 "At the time of writing, they have released an impressive 20 singles under Sony, all but three have managed to get in the rop 10 of the charts"

-On Oricon 6 of their singles failed to chart in the top 10 ("DOLL" #26, "SAKURA Goodbye" #30, "Yumemiru Tsubasa" #12, "Namida no Regret" #14, "LOVE SURVIVE" #11, "Image" #14) On Billboard Japan Hot 100 11 of their singles failed to do so ( "SAKURA Goodbye" #22, "Yumemiru Tsubasa" #17, "Shunkan Sentimental" #22, "Namida no Regret" #27, "Pride" #16, "Haruka" #14, "LOVE SURVIVE" #21, "Pin Heel Surfer" #15, "Image" #14)

(↑lol, look who's talking, I totally forgot to upload page 12, lol↑)

Last edited by sillentdx on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I had the chance to zoom in to read the articles pages, so here's my thoughts: 

I sorta snickered at the beginning where Haruna was defending One Direction, maybe the interviewer was teasing One Direction and Haru wanted to set him straight. I personally do not like 1D, but to see Haruna (or anyone in that matter) actually defending them is quite funny but different. She does have a point that out of idol group in Japan, at least 1D write their own songs. Smug

I give props to Tom who thought Queens are Trumps was best, and got him to like Scandal. (I love QAT also, and I agree how its a throwback to American hair metal ) but I had to disagree to the part when he stated that a heavier song don't suite their style. What? WTF Onion IMO they're at their best when making those kinds of songs, and I hope they don't take his statement seriously and not make anymore rocker/heavier songs. (I should probably not take it seriously lol)

It's good to know Scandal is influenced by British bands, they always recreat the Beatles crosswalk cover. And now recreating the Oasis cover...pretty neat.

I actually can't believe there GREATEST HITS album sold out, that's probably a sign for them to official release albums and singles overseas in stores. Clap Clap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 pm

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well like the Americans say no publicity is bad publicity !
If it makes more English people listen to them that is fine by me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:14 pm

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
NEO #153

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down