Has Scandal ever spoken in English before?
Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm

FryGuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm curious, I only heard Haruna speak in English in the Hello world video.

Back to top Go down

Re: Has Scandal ever spoken in English before?
Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:28 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
In what context do you mean? If you mean outside of their music, they spoke English during the MC's on their Asian tour a year or two ago, and they've done short English video messages and things like that. They don't speak it fluently, though.

In their music, there's lots of English. Practically all the spoken stuff in "STANDARD" (the song) is in English, for example.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:35 pm

FryGuy

Caless Student
Caless Student
Have they greeted their fans in English?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:48 pm

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
FryGuy wrote:Have they greeted their fans in English?

They spoke some English during the MC (some of which appeared rehearsed/memorised, and when they tried it on their own their English was somewhat halting but we didn't care!) when they played in Singapore back in 2013.

During the high touch sesh, some of 'em (can't remember who) said "thank you" and TIMO said a very long HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! to me when I approached them, if 'hi' is considered an English word. Heheh.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16/3/2013 *SCAPE Warehouse | SINGAPORE
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
12/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本
13/1/2016 日本武道館 | 東京、日本

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:52 pm

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
If you're talking about greeting their fans, then the answer would be yes.

Like spacecadet said, they've done short video messages greeting their international fans and inviting them to come to their shows (Whether it be Asia, globally, etc.). I might be wrong on this one but I believe they've done brief Christmas greetings in English too.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:21 am

Metal Mickey

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This is a footage of their 1st ever live in Hong Kong (2008). The whole MC was in English (little bit of Cantonese).

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:27 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
There's already a topic that exists that's similar to this one.

As I had posted in that topic, the last, last time they were in the US in 2011 they spoke all of their live MCs almost completely in English. Here's some of what they said during their MCs:

HARUNA: "Hello, everyone! We are SCANDAL! How are you, AM2? Yay! Let's sing and dance tonight! Let's rock tonight! Saikou no yoru ni shiyou ne (Let's make it the best night ever)!"

HARUNA: "Okay, let me introduce the members! Mazu wa (first), drums - RINA!"

RINA: "Hello, I'm RINA. You having fun? Guys? Girls? Guys? Girls? Yay. Everybody say! Everybody say! Yay! Thank you! I love you!"

HARUNA: "Next, guitar - MAMI!"

MAMI: "Hi, I'm MAMI. Yesterday I was surprised. Our fans...waiting at airport. I was so happy! Thank you!"

HARUNA: "Next, bass - TOMOMI!"

TOMOMI: "Hello! I'm TOMOMI. Ehh, last night I went to 7-11. Red Bull, Red Bull. Japanese Red Bull: [indicated a small size with her hands] kono gurai (about this size). American Red Bull [indicated a much larger size with her hands]. Big. Very surprised. Wow. Thank you."

HARUNA: "Last, vocals - HARUNA! Thank you! We have a new song tonight! New song is very, very fast. But, very, very...exciting. Okay? Okay? Okay. 'LOVE SURVIVE'!"

HARUNA: "We are really glad to be here. Very, very happy! We would like to come he--come back. Kore kara mo yoroshiku ne (Best regards from here on too)! Minna daisuki da yo (We love you guys). We have a few more songs. Okay? Mada mada raibu wa tsuzukimasu yo (The live is still continuing on). Okay? Are you ready to rock? Rock? Yay? Yay! Mou ikkai (One more time), yay! Okay, let's rock 'Shunkan Sentimental'!"

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:02 pm

polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
HARUNA: "Next, bass - TOMOMI!"

TOMOMI: "Hello! I'm TOMOMI. Ehh, last night I went to 7-11. Red Bull, Red Bull. Japanese Red Bull: [indicated a small size with her hands] kono gurai (about this size). American Red Bull [indicated a much larger size with her hands]. Big. Very surprised. Wow. Thank you."
Hahaha! I was gonna say this. This is one of my favorite things Tomomi has ever said.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:54 am

Bankai_Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
Metal Mickey wrote:This is a footage of their 1st ever live in Hong Kong (2008). The whole MC was in English (little bit of Cantonese).
Hahahah Tomo's Engrish in this is so cute. Especially with the stuff she chooses to say: "Do you raiku sushi? I raiku sushi!" Of all the things for a Japanese badn to say, lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:13 am

Rinakkusu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://tnmaa.net
Yes! When they guess in J-Melo.   Thumbs Onion

SCANDAL
RINA IS MY BIAS!!!

Back to top Go down