How to be a SCANDAL fan
Posted on Sat May 30, 2015 12:05 am

TRHM

Caless Student
Caless Student
I realize that this may be a very philosophical topic, however I would like to gather whatever input anyone has to offer and appreciate helpful thoughts and ideas.

What does it mean to be a fan of SCANDAL? Are there any responsibilities that should be upheld by true fans, and if so what might they be?

Is a true fan someone who simply enjoys the work of others and gains happiness from it or someone who actively protects the best interests of the band and looks to spread his/her happiness of the band to others?

Is it possible to be a "bad" fan, or a fan who is far too endeared by the band to aware of the well being of the band and other people around him/her?

I believe it important to know things such as this to be considered a true fan.

Back to top Go down

Re: How to be a SCANDAL fan
Posted on Sat May 30, 2015 12:27 am

Mamiisthebest

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.scandal-heaven.com/u14464
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Interesting topic. Here we go.

In my opinion, being a 'fan' of someone means that you should obviously enjoy their music, and support them with all of your enthusiasm. 

Another thing would be spreading the word to others - although you wouldn't necessarily have to do this, if you're extremely shy (like me Tongue)

One other thing would be, just like SH does, supporting anti-piracy. We should support the band to our fullest by buying their CDs and albums and other merch.

Now about being a 'bad' fan. Being labeled a 'bad' fan may be as a result of invading the band's privacy, and another major thing that many people ignore - not listening to the rules. Like for example, at many of the concerts, they explicitly stated that no pictures or videos were allowed, which was ignored by many of the fans.

So that's basically what I think.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Love
Back to top Go down

Re: How to be a SCANDAL fan
Posted on Sat May 30, 2015 4:20 am

Beikb

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have had questions myself about what it really means to be a fan. Like my friend once told me I take the idea too seriously and go to extremes about it. Which I do agree because I blow a lot of money in collecting merchandise from them and buying cd's and what not. But is it really extreme?

So as Mamiisthebest has said, there is generally the good fans and the bad fans.

To me the good fans are the ones who show the most dedication by supporting the group whether it be in the form of purchasing albums, merch, or maybe even gifts that the members really appreciate! Now I don't believe Scandal should be the only thing you ever listen to because there is only so many times you can listen to their music and you will eventually get bored. That may just be me being a bad fan, but regardless, I like to cherish the music they make as much as I can.

Bad fans of course take advantage of what they offer by pirating and/or being rather disrespectful to them whether it is forcing an autograph or a picture out of them. I think the biggest "sin" they can really commit is chasing people away from Scandal and try to keep them for themselves. What drives the biggest groups/bands in the world is mostly big,supporting fan base. And with more support, Scandal will live longer.

Back to top Go down