Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:14 pm

danlexia

danlexia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalinthehouse.tumblr.com/
Well, I don't like fighting, so I'm just going to leave my opinion of Stamp! and then leave... slowly...

I really liked the song, and I loved the MV A LOT!

I think that the western turn they are having not necessarily has to do with appealing to western audiences. Maybe in the World Tour they saw some music that is not that common in Japan and maybe they tried to do something like it. They liked the style and tried to have a song with that western style. IDK. Anyway, I like that they have a different styles in every song, each single has a different style after all, and the variety makes the song catalogue richer. If they always did the same thing, I can see people complaining about how they never experiment, or something.

And I don't know much about music genres, but I asked a friend who knows more about music and knows almost nothing about SCANDAL, and she said this song is happy punk? but not remotely pop. I just know I like it, and it makes me happy.

About the MV, I didn't miss the instruments one bit. We have instruments in almost every single video (except Scandal in the House, I think), and they just pretend to play them on the videos anyway. It was quite refreshing. Seeing them walking by, having fun, and being happy, makes me extremely happy, you have no idea.

What we got:

- MAMI driving
- MAMI playing an ukelele
- HARUNA and RINA being even more beautiful than usual (new hairstyles ftw)
- HARUNA & MAMI / RINA & TOMOMI (rare)
- Cute smiles (smile and more smile)
- MAMI's awkward but super cute hand movements
- "Picnic"
- Engrish
- Every single second of the party scene is golden
- TOMOMI + cookie
- Dobondobondo dance
- We now know that RINA can swim
- TOMOMI's cute dance
- MAMI WITH BRAIDS AND A PIZZA T-SHIRT!!!!!!!

Come on! What's not to like? 

I wish I had a credit card to order from the Sony Music Shop :'c I really liked that poster.

And on a side note: I'm willing to trade whichever photo card I get for a MAMI photo card. (Can I say this here?)

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 Sca_he10

5.20 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City 4.27 / 4.28 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Orix Theater, Osaka 5.11 / 5.12 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo 9.14 SCANDAL US & MEXICO TOUR 2018「SPECIAL THANKS」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- YOYO Palais de Tokyo, Paris TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- O2 Academy Islington, London
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:22 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@danlexia

Well we hope Rina can swim  Happy

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:23 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
tonymiller wrote:@danlexia

Well we hope Rina can swim  Happy
Well shes back live and kicking in Japan so drowning is ruled out. And the post two above, EXACTLY!

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Is swimming not taught as a mandatory subject in japanese schools? Here in Germany it is mandatory and starts in primary school (I think that many kids already know how to swim way before that anyway) and keeps going for many years throughout the secondary schools.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:19 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Also, the point that most people are trying to make is that the music for past SCANDAL songs were almost all written by other people while the current SCANDAL songs are almost all written solely by the band, which is a huge accomplishment for them and something they have said many times that they're proud of. 
Exactly. I remembered that time from years back when people kept on complaining that SCANDAL should've been the one to write their own songs in order to become a 'real' band or something; hence, the girls have worked hard to identify themselves, not by the work of others but on their own. 
And I think we, the fans, should also be happy and proud of them to have reached this accomplishment as seeing them having started from zero with no knowledge on playing their own instrument into going and becoming talented, successful musicians. 
And it's just a matter of time when SCANDAL will bring back their old stuffs when they have enough experience on doing compositions (yeah, im hoping this would really happen ) take note that the girls are still fresh on this, this I mean having total control on their music, so it's up to you to support and watch over them as they grow more and mature more as a band.

Last edited by hapihapi on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : corrected some words and added an extra sentence)

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:57 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
hapihapi wrote:And I think we, the fans, should also be happy and proud of them to have reached this accomplishment as seeing them having started from zero with no knowledge on playing their own instrument going to become talented, successful musicians.
Honestly this is probably the number one reason why Scandal has become my favorite band over the last few years. Of course I love them for all sort of reasons (because they're beautiful and talented, and because contrary to a lot of other bands/artists I really like all of their songs, and they already have a lot), but this very specific fact really adds something special to their career, and that's why I'm sooooo excited about what has been happening since Standard and now with Hello World, and why I think we've only just begun to see what they are really capable of. It couldn't be a better time to get into the band, and it's also a real joy to see them bloom like that.

And the fact that I've known about them since early 2012 but didn't really like them at first, and now I couldn't imagine my life without them, make it even more special.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:30 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Man, who knew one song can change the whole perspective of the band from fans. 

This is so sad.....reminds me when Pin Heel Surfer came out.

On topic, I hope they release a preview or something for the B-side soon, they're gonna be on a couple of radio stations before the release date, so maybe we'll get something about Flashback no.5.
 The song isn't necessarily 100% scandal since there is someone joining in a the lyrics and composition, still, can't wait to hear how it'll sound.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:40 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Star~world96® wrote:Man, who knew one song can change the whole perspective of the band from fans. 

This is so sad.....reminds me when Pin Heel Surfer came out.
Seriously, I had logged on to post something exactly along these sentiments.

People are over-reacting right now, I believe. Departure was the first single on Hello World, correct? Did any of the other songs on the album sound like Departure? Has Scandal done any other songs that sound like Pinheel Surfer? Anything else like Scandal in the House?

It's kind of premature to be lamenting over the "new direction of Scandal" based off the sound of one song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:04 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
danlexia wrote:I think that the western turn they are having not necessarily has to do with appealing to western audiences. Maybe in the World Tour they saw some music that is not that common in Japan and maybe they tried to do something like it. They liked the style and tried to have a song with that western style.

IIRC that song started to emerge while girls were touring "in the West" so I do think it is more impression on more American / European style than one written FOR EU/USA audience. Especially when You combine it with MV and English words being displayed "on screen" Wink
And I do like that they are experimenting - I do not have to like results but trying, searching? Me gusta! Do I have to mention that one of my favourite song is Tomomi's Nai Nai Night - and it is complete "not-Scandal-like" song? ;P
So I will say once again - we do not own them. We do not have to accept their way of change. We do not have to like everything they make. But we do have to respect them - for all their effort and hard work.

PS. And we all know that Tru Scandal ended with Black Album .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:34 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello guys I know this is kind of off topic , but I've been  reading posts on sites like Facebook regarding a single after stamp named "sisters" , do any of you know anything about it ? Or where I can find something related to it ? Thanks  CANTA Emmm

2015/05/22 hello world Hollywood
 2015/05/23 hello world Anaheim
CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:44 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mich Acevedo wrote:Hello guys I know this is kind of off topic , but I've been  reading posts on sites like Facebook regarding a single after stamp named "sisters" , do any of you know anything about it ? Or where I can find something related to it ? Thanks  CANTA Emmm

That info appeared in generasia, but I don't really know the source, what I know is that they announced Stamp! There before the official announcement

Last edited by victor_survive on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:53 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
^ rumours from Chinese medias. It's kind of useless to talk about them until official news

anyway, after all the "drama" happened here, at this point I wonder what Japanese audience think about stamp...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
victor_survive wrote:
Mich Acevedo wrote:Hello guys I know this is kind of off topic , but I've been  reading posts on sites like Facebook regarding a single after stamp named "sisters" , do any of you know anything about it ? Or where I can find something related to it ? Thanks  CANTA Emmm

[size=50]That info appeared in generasia, but I don't really know the source, what I know is that they announced Stamp! There before the official announcement[/size]
Thanks , I'm gonna see if I can find what they wrote regarding it in generasia ! Because I'm definitely buying it whenever they announce it officially and it becomes available for pre ordering  CANTA Thumbs  By the way SCANDAL's been restless this year , they work so hard :3

2015/05/22 hello world Hollywood
 2015/05/23 hello world Anaheim
CANTA DANCE
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:17 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Really? I thought True Scandal began with that Album since they started writing their own songs,good ones at that....unless we're talking about the same album lol Onion Smile

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:34 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Star~world96®️ wrote:
Really? I thought True Scandal began with that Album since they started writing their own songs,good ones at that....unless we're talking about the same album lol Onion Smile

OK, so let's say this way:

Tru Scandal ended after Kill'em all .bleh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 pm

sasazaki_ryouta

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've seen the full version from youtube a while ago... Is mami really drove that american muscles??

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:38 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
sasazaki_ryouta wrote:I've seen the full version from youtube a while ago... Is mami really drove that american muscles??

Are you asking if she really drove that Mustang? Then yes, she did really drive it. She's had her driver's license since last year, and this was her first time driving a left-hand drive car.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:41 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well it would have been automatic and have power steering but it is still a big car and it feels really weird sitting the wrong side !
I notice they did not trust Tomomi with it who also has her license  Happy

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:16 pm

jmusic.mania

jmusic.mania

Caless Student
Caless Student
well here's my 2 cents

The Stamp! MV was definitely different from past MV.  No instruments!   And yeah the girls looked a bit awkward without them but considering that they've never filmed a MV with that much time without an instrument in their hands (the closest would be Pin Heel Surfer which they also looked abit awkward in the dance sequences) it's pretty good.   It's a cute awkwardness and made me smile ... didnt it make you smile?  Kudos to them for going out of their comfort zone and to try something different.  The video is decidedly "american" just like the song ... I dont mind them experimenting and evolving their sound and image, and if this is the direction they want to go, then so be it.  Change happens and fans can decide whether they want to follow along. 

Tomomi, my love, looked sweet and beautiful as usual.  Didn't hear from her vocally, but her sweetness and silliness in the MV had me smiling.  Mami, cool as always, danced, drove a car and had a jolly fun time do so.  Rina always looks perfect and you could tell that although more awkward in the dance moves than the other girls, she was just euphoric.  And did anyone NOT nose bleed during that "scene". =)

Haruna, wow she was just amazing.  Boss stepped up and took the lead in this MV.  She looked gorgeous.  I think she stepped out of her comfort zone more than the others and she did so admirably.  I mean she looked gorgeous ... the best I've seen of her yet.  Her confidence just shone and took my breath away.  And she was absolutely GORGEOUS! =)

I really like the song and the MV.  Not quite love it but it is very catchy.  To those of you who are not comfortable with their change, all I can say to you is that "everything's going to be all right". =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
tonymiller wrote:Well it would have been automatic and have power steering but it is still a big car and it feels really weird sitting the wrong side !

Well, it's Guam, and the road they were on looked pretty lightly traveled. (They may have even been able to close it for this shoot.)

Mustangs aren't really that big. I've driven that exact model. The convertibles feel even smaller with the top down; I mean they don't feel like there's that much metal around you. I doubt it was that hard for her to adjust.

But I did laugh when she turns the key and drives off and it's still flashing "PASSENGER DOOR AJAR" on the dash.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:11 pm

jmusic.mania

jmusic.mania

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote:
tonymiller wrote:Well it would have been automatic and have power steering but it is still a big car and it feels really weird sitting the wrong side !

Well, it's Guam, and the road they were on looked pretty lightly traveled. (They may have even been able to close it for this shoot.)

Mustangs aren't really that big. I've driven that exact model. The convertibles feel even smaller with the top down; I mean they don't feel like there's that much metal around you. I doubt it was that hard for her to adjust.

But I did laugh when she turns the key and drives off and it's still flashing "PASSENGER DOOR AJAR" on the dash.

haha i saw the "passenger door ajar" as well.  I don't think Mami saw any jars on the door so drove off. =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:55 am

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
jmusic.mania wrote:
spacecadet wrote:

haha i saw the "passenger door ajar" as well.  I don't think Mami saw any jars on the door so drove off. =)
As a fellow car enthusiast, when I saw Rina leaning on the wheel of the car, I knew it had to be a Mustang, so I was really happy. When I saw Haruna get in the Mustang, I saw she didn't close the door properly, hehe. Also, did anyone notice the headrests were removed in the close-up shots of Haruna and Mami? As well as Tomomi missing her headrest in the outside shot of the car.

I really loved this MV, it shows them having fun, and it was really entertaining to watch, from the beautiful shots of them in the beginning, to the Mustang, to Rina's jump, and with them having a party in the hotel room.

Also, does anyone have the behind-the-scenes/making of Stamp! MV? I really want to watch Mami drive the Mustang.

(Sorry, I'm kind of new here, and this will be a bit off-topic): When I saw Mami driving the Mustang, it kind of reminded me of that one Scanomics episode where Mami and Tomomi were talking about what kind of car they would be getting. Does anyone have any info on that?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:31 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
to be honest... them not playing their instruments in a pv is new and refreshing

i was getting a bit bored of the pvs of them just standing in a row playing their instruments

you can show so much more  of a story in a pv than just how good you are at your intstruments

and wasn't this song written by mami? way better than some faceless composer they used to have

stop hating and just enjoy the girls' feelings they put in to soing

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 am

dextermorgan

dextermorgan

Caless Student
Caless Student
They can do way better, or at least their songwriters.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:30 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
dextermorgan wrote:They can do way better, or at least their songwriters.

The songwriter for this song is MAMI. Just FYI.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 11 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum