Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:00 am

annykatt

annykatt

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I love this song, Tomomi's bass lines are always amazing. Well, I can't wait..to hear the full version of it.  Wink

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 JOuETv5
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:09 am

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I thought the song was just okay to pretty good for me, but that's only because I'm not a big fan of American rock. It could be that they are trying to appeal to an international audience with this sort of style, but their uniquely energetic and sassy pop-rock is what got me and probably many of you fellow loyal SCANDAL fans into them the first place. However, I'm not worried about the direction they're going at all because they never seem to stay in one place for that long haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:26 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
Stamp! Regular edition
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ESCL-4482
Stamp! [w/DVD,Limited Type A]
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ESCL-4478
Stamp! [w/DVD,Limited Type B]
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ESCL-4480

Already pre-ordered all editions LOVE

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:57 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
There we go, let the waiting begin! .clap.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 OJQjTqs

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:53 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
joon wrote:There we go, let the waiting begin! .clap.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 OJQjTqs

Great.. Thanks for supporting SCANDAL Nice one

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:25 am

Cryptor

Cryptor

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cryptor1/
cool ! can´t wait for that. thanks for sharing and i´ll post it in our Steam Group soon Happy. The Song sounds pretty cool.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 76561198015702407
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
OK I've lived in America since the late 1980's and I do in fact listen to rock music. But I for the life of me am not seeing how any of the Japanese music released lately classified as "American style rock" sounds like "American rock". Like I'm not hearing it all. The only thing I think of when I hear this song is that it kind of sounds like Right Here.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Not the direction I want them to go but it's ok if they try something different for a change as long as it is not permanent. Looking forward to listen to the full song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
iamcrazymike wrote:OK I've lived in America since the late 1980's and I do in fact listen to rock music. But I for the life of me am not seeing how any of the Japanese music released lately classified as "American style rock" sounds like "American rock". Like I'm not hearing it all. The only thing I think of when I hear this song is that it kind of sounds like Right Here.

The guitar riffs and chord progressions are reminiscent of bands like Weezer and lesser known bands like Best Coast and The Rentals.

It's not identical, just reminiscent.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:44 pm

yosha

yosha

Caless Student
Caless Student
This is new to my ears. I mean it's quite different from other SCANDAL songs.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 1E9wlTV

Your sweat and your tears and your smile
Every single bit of you is an overwhelming beauty...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Mesutto

Mesutto

Caless Student
Caless Student
yosha wrote:This is new to my ears. I mean it's quite different from other SCANDAL songs.

I agree wtih you ((:

However I think bands must seek for new sounds always

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 Deluxe10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:36 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I really like this song. And I love the fact that we can see Oyasumi live!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Not over-excited but at least I can hear that Haruna's vocal melodies in the chorus are above what we usually hear in that kind of music. I'll be waiting for the full version (and B side) to have a more informed opinion.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:35 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Since SCANAMICS is over, we can't really predict when or how the full version or the b side will be released, I guess that why this version is in high quality Tongue 
I'm really liking STAMP , but I'm really looking forward to Flashback no.5,  I wish they would put more info about it. (who wrote/composed it, whose the vocals are in it) the One thing that NaiNai Night 2014 taught us is you can't judge a song by it's title. So I can't determined how it'll sound. .whistle. it probs be different from STAMP. maybe a bit slower or heavier.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:13 pm

yosha

yosha

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mesutto wrote:
yosha wrote:This is new to my ears. I mean it's quite different from other SCANDAL songs.

I agree wtih you ((:

However I think bands must seek for new sounds always
Indeed, since it's nice to hear something new/different I am looking forward to this song especially the mv. .smile.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 1E9wlTV

Your sweat and your tears and your smile
Every single bit of you is an overwhelming beauty...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Well, since Tom Lord-Alge worked with Blink 182, Avril Lavigne, U2, Rolling Stones, Oasis and etc. it definitely has some familiar sounds to these groups and just American punk rock style in general, and that's what i really love about the song! They are trying to change their style of music and go more international, so people that aren't fans of Japanese music can easily get into SCANDAL. For me the preview is already enough to say that the song is really good!

and for the MV, i hope they will make something serious this time, like Awanai. Image was shot really well, and different from other MVs they had, but still, those hero things were a little bit much for me XP I'm waiting and hoping for something really awesome! Something original! so everyone, people from abroad and in asia can enjoy watching it thousands and millions of times! *I mean not a typical Japanese PV haha*

Covers look incredible! Can't wait for the posters!

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:18 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
The covers remind me a bit of what Taylor Swift did for 1989 and the singles from that album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:55 pm

echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm happy that there's a new SCANDAL song! 
The song sounds very different, and here I am, longing again for the old SCANDAL sound. Anyway, as long as they create good music, then it's all good.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

ZinLP

ZinLP

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Can't wait to hear the full version and the MV!

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 Scanda11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:37 pm

SconeEd

SconeEd

Caless Student
Caless Student
Have to say I like the new single and the obvious West Coast influence... and I usually need to hear a song a few times before I really get a feel for the song, but this I like with just a snippet of the track. Looking forward to hearing some of the B side at some stage as well. They should do more AA sides as their B sides are just as good as the A side sometimes.

Now do I pre-order with CDJapan and go for both LE editions or wait until they appear on Amazon UK?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:41 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
SconeEd wrote:Now do I pre-order with CDJapan and go for both LE editions or wait until they appear on Amazon UK?

Pre-order. The Japanese releases have all the bells and whistles that come with it. Even on Amazon UK, the (non-JPU - even then JPU only has two SCANDAL titles under its belt) SCANDAL CDs are from independent sellers in Japan (mostly) anyway. Pricy but well worth it. Not sure if JPU will do singles.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:25 pm

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm preparing myself for the PV. Hope it's not an RHCP style video or anything that includes the band doing random stuff. I've had enough of it.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 3 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:43 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
neotono wrote:I'm preparing myself for the PV. Hope it's not an RHCP style video or anything that includes the band doing random stuff. I've had enough of it.
I've actually started wondering if the pv will probably have the girls hanging around during the world tour too. the western/american-sound of Stamp, the covers with this self-made style and also promo pic of them in LA... it can be a satisfaction pt.2 for me. nothing wrong with that, it would get along with the concept this release seems to have

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:44 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Being from the West Coast myself, I like this song. I  like the "dj scratching" because it adds to the "fun" and "laid back" vibe of the song. Cant wait to hear the full thing. I'm really looking forward to a PV for the song too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:18 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
iamcrazymike wrote:The only thing I think of when I hear this song is that it kind of sounds like Right Here.

"Right Here" itself is pretty obviously influenced by Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life" Happy

Either way, it's pretty American sounding to me.

The funny thing about "Stamp!" being similar to "Beverly Hills", though, is that "Beverly Hills" is a completely ironic song. It's Weezer trying to sound like other west coast bands that were more popular at that time. So that would make this pretty meta if that's where the influence is coming from (and it really sounds like it to me, with the guitar riff, the hand claps, etc.)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.