You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

MrMojo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Any of the websites listed in the beginning are fine.

Haven't used the online service buyers so I can't comment on them except to say that the fees they charge can be quite expensive!!

My experiences:

1. CDJapan has relatively affordable prices but their shipping (Fedex Intl) is damn expensive but you get the order ~3-5 bus. days! The price of Fedex Intl is ~$3-5 USD less than EMS Intl and it arrives ~2-5 days sooner!

2. HMV.co.jp has slightly more affordable prices than CDJapan and their shipping charges are LESS than CDJapans but still expensive; the orders are sent via EMS Intl which you'll receive ~3-5 days.

- Both CDJapan and HMV JP offers special "bonuses" like pins or photocards with certain artists' merchandise like CDs or CD+DVDs. Photocards are "store-specific" so I started to split my orders between the 2 companies so I can get their distinctive "bonus" items from each .cool.

3. PlayAsia and YesAsia are both located in HK:

- PlayAsia costs less than YesAsia and their shipping rates are much more affordable than YesAsia's rates. Sometimes, free shipping is offered if a certain price level is met but it's shipped using their SLOWEST delivery option so it takes ~3-5 weeks to arrive. It's better to just PAY for the postage to save the delivery time!
- Company doesn't really offer the "bonus" items with certain artists' CD/DVDs.

- YesAsia offers some decent items but their markup is RIDICULOUS!!
For example, if CDJapan/HMV JP sells a CD for $15USD, YesAsia sells for $19!! Be careful!
- But if you buy $40USD or more, you get Free shipping! BUT....again... the Free shipping is their SLOWEST delivery option so it takes ~3-5 weeks to arrive. It's better to just PAY for the postage to save the delivery time!
- I stopped buying from them unless I really have to!
- Company doesn't really offer the "bonus" items with certain artists' CD/DVDs.

4. Amazon JP is a great place to shop for "pre-owned" (read: used) items like "hard to find limited edition CD+DVDs".

- Some issues that you need be concerned with:

1) It's in Japanese (English translation software does NOT work (properly)!)

2) Many sellers do NOT SELL outside of Japan

3) If you do find a seller that sells Internationally, the shipping costs are expensive even if the items are shipped via Japan Media Post which is their SLOWEST delivery option as there's NO other shipping method offered by said sellers .fustrated.

Finally...

Generally, DVDs in Japan/Asia are in Region 2 while the USA is Region 1.
North America stand-alone DVD players can play Region 1 or 0 (region free).
The reason being.... Copyright Infringement tech is used in the DVDs.

Heaven forbid anyone ripping the CD/DVD contents then posting them online .bleh.

A computer's DVD player can technically play DVDs from many regions.
The problem is that, after a few times playing a DVD, the DVD software will ask you to set a "Defaulted" playing zone. Some do while some don't!

I've managed to play almost all my Jpop and Cpop (Region 2) DVDs I've bought without problems on my PC but my stand-alone player won't play them. I've since upgraded my stand-alone DVD player to a Region-Free player to play them!

Last edited by MrMojo on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Raizer

Raizer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@mrmojo: i just want to ask, does HMV accept both credit cards and cash-on delivery?

Back to top Go down
dubbi

dubbi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I purchase my CD/DVD at YesAsia.
No problems to get the items to germany

Back to top Go down

MrMojo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
If you check out HMV JP's website (it's in Japanese and English), they'll accept credit cards but doesn't appear to accept COD (cash on delivery) esp. for international orders.

Back to top Go down
Aquest

Aquest

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.deuxtrois.co.cc
AWESOME!! thanks for the info and review...

fyi, hmv sometimes offer discount that called 'multibuy discount' you can get cheaper price if you buy two, or more CD that in 'multibuy' promo XD

in my opinion, both CDjapan and hmv are better than yes asia, or play asia. but, HMV cheaper than cdjapan.
but (again) CDjapan have better package if you get 'external bonus'.

ah well, sorry if my english weird, i'm still study *face palm*

my english is soooo bad .scared.
I'm still learn about that. .shy.
Please dont mind if i make stupid mistake .please.
Back to top Go down
Raizer

Raizer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
oh i see, thanks mrmojo

Back to top Go down

Thx for the info.

Back to top Go down

jim

Banned
Banned
Just check out HMV store at 313 somerset . They have the two latest Scandal cds . The cover mini album and Tempation box . But dont have their first album .Sad man guessed i need to order online .

Back to top Go down
ken0601

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://ani-culture.net
jim wrote:Just check out HMV store at 313 somerset . They have the two latest Scandal cds . The cover mini album and Tempation box . But dont have their first album .Sad man guessed i need to order online .

For SG, just go online to sites like cdjapan or HMV Japan. You get the items faster & cheaper than HMV stores in 313 or Citylink.

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Chiya300x50
Back to top Go down
BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm wondering if any of SCANDAL music is available for online downloads, and I mean paid downloads.
I remember reading something, their song were taken down from iTunes Japan due to problems with Sony, but that was a while ago, so is it still un-available? Is there anywhere we can buy SCANDAL digital songs online?
FYI, I'm in the USA, so things like Chaku-uta won't work.
also I'm was planning on buying some iTunes Japan card and create a japanese itunes account, that why I want to know if it will be available.

Back to top Go down
CuriousSonic

CuriousSonic

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hello everyone! I was just wondering, if you were in Japan or somewhere else in Asia, do you think you would be able to purchase cds in local HMV or something? Or are they thinking about releasing their cds everywhere? Thanks ^^;;

Back to top Go down
Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
@CuriosSonic: Most definitely yes.

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down
CuriousSonic

CuriousSonic

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Plutonium
Thank you very much ^^! Time to bug my cousin's overseas to buy me some cds muwahaha ^^

Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Guys!
Is the yesasia.com really trusted for online purchase?
and does it also ships here at the philippines?

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Sign2_10
Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Userba11
"Even though we are so far from each other , Still our hearts will Intertwined"8->
Back to top Go down
Luanna

Luanna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@monogrith7: SANKYUU very much for sharing the link~!! at lassst!! Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 867634

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Sig
"We'd rather have them look at us, not our school uniforms"- Haruna
Back to top Go down
BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Justin: I'd ordered from YesAsia.com many times and never had any problems. I live in the USA and all my products were always on time or even faster than they should. I'm sorry as I don't know about Philippines, but they do ship international, so maybe they do.

Back to top Go down
Jerec

Jerec

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
YesAsia is reliable. They do seem slow to get the box to whoever is taking the box to you, though.

Back to top Go down
haruna80

haruna80

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
but i felt their prices r quite high..

Back to top Go down
Justin

Justin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
is that so.. thanks for that... Now , i think I can trust YesAsia for Online Purchase..

Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Sign2_10
Where to purchase SCANDAL CDs + MP3s + Hi-res audio - Page 2 Userba11
"Even though we are so far from each other , Still our hearts will Intertwined"8->
Back to top Go down
Onyx

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
Justin wrote:Guys!
Is the yesasia.com really trusted for online purchase?
and does it also ships here at the philippines?
I've never had a problem with them, and I placed 5 orders there over the past 2 months. They may seem a little expensive, but their shipping is a lot cheaper than at CDJapan for instance. At least for me here in the US, I don't know how that works out with shipping to PH.

Back to top Go down
BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I usually order from yesasia.com to take advantage of its free shipping. But it onlu if you order past the amount. I usually compared YA to CDJ and the last time, i foumd CD J was cheaper, including shipping. Both are good store nonetheless.

Back to top Go down

ThanX!
Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 pm

sshinoda95

sshinoda95

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://twitter.com/nisyedlah
Well, now we know where to buy CD's...all this time...I've been listening to them on youtube only. Now I get to listen to others songs!!! I didn't want to download their songs from other sites because that would be shameful!!! I'm a real fan!!!

Back to top Go down
BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Once SCANDAL discography are available for online downloads, please notify. I can't seem to find them on iTunes, either it's not on the US version, or iTunes SUCK! SCANDAL ROCKS! They should be made available on iTunes. Another reason to hate Apple.

Back to top Go down
Einlanzer

Einlanzer

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Anyone...does anybody know how long the shipping takes to get to UnitedKingdom?

Back to top Go down

Belz...

Banned
Banned
I use CD Japan, myself. At least, since last Fall.

EDIT: I recommend using the cheapest air mail option. It's still extremely fast (3-4 business days to Québec).

Last edited by Belz... on Thu May 12, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.