SCANDAL music videos not available in my country?
Posted on Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:52 pm

ZeroStrike1101

Caless Student
Caless Student
So just yesterday I was still listening to a playlist of Scandal songs on YouTube and there were already a few songs that "Are not available in my country" but apart from that, most songs were fine.

However, one song, "Awanaitsumorino Genkidene" was still working fine yesterday as well as I was actually listening to it. I checked in today to get my daily dose of Scandal songs while doing work but something strange struck me. While going through the Scandal 'Uploads Playlist' I was going down the list until it hit this song but all of a sudden there was this message:
"The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Sorry about that".

So this really got me wondering... are each of Scandal's videos being blocked from countries one by one, my YouTube just bugging or something else?

Also, apologies if this isn't in the right area but I don't know which other place to post it. If staff see a more appropriate sub-forum, then just move it Happy

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello I'm new here, nice to meet you all!
I'm very friendly, feel free to say hi! :D
Back to top Go down

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Is it this video?

I'm from Canada and it's working fine. I don't have any proxies or firewalls that would interfere either. I sure hope SCANDAL's videos aren't mysteriously getting blocked again. :/ There was a time when their videos were blocked in the US but not here so Australia could be having a similar situation. Americans, as I have reconfirmed from Noodles/Lale, are able to watch the videos now.

Check to see how the other videos are playing from both:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and

Other suggestions: clear cookies in your browser or reset your router/computer (turn off, wait a few minutes, turn back on)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Lexian

Working fine for me in the UK Happy

Back to top Go down

ZeroStrike1101

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's the other one on the Scandal Official Youtube channel.
It basically happened in front of my eyes as I was listening to it for one moment and then all of a sudden it stopped working.
The other videos that aren't working for me are: Yoake no Ryuseigun and Over Drive

I'll try the suggestions soon and I'll tell how it goes

UPDATE: I've just asked my friend to see if it works for him and it doesn't seem to either. We're both in Australia so there might be something wrong with availability within the country since if we both have the problem, unless we have a common one, it shouldn't be something to do with my computer.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL music videos not available in my country?
Posted on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:03 pm

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
If that happens that it's blocked at your end - try using a proxy server to change the IP address of your browser to somewhere else. Like teleport.to Happy

Back to top Go down

ZeroStrike1101

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yea I've seen posts about that but I guess I'm just generally posting here just so people may be made aware of it/investigate into it in case something has actually starting going on. But yea thanks anyway.

Back to top Go down

Haruki Ooshima

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm from Italy and I have exactly your same problem on YouTube. Everytime I go to the official YouTube channel of the SCANDAL and go for listining to the playlist, some songs doesn't work (just like you said, for example, Awanaitsumorino Genkidene, Yoake no Ryuseigun and Over Drive) and the message "The uploader has not made this video available in your country. Sorry about that" came out and it automatically pass to the next song and so on...and that's really frustating!
Normally, when you're not be able to watch some video and that message came out it's because some videos don't respect the Copyright and YouTube will not display them to anyone, or it could also be because the person who uploaded them decides which nations must show the video and which one not. But it's strange SCANDAL's staff doesn't want to show their video worldwide...wish they fix it and everybody has the same possibility!

Btw, I made a try going on the other channel, SCANDAL4VEVO, and cliccking at the song's video...and unexeptedly it worked and I was able to watch at the video without an problem!
Try going here and let me know if it finally works to you, too: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (this is Yoake no Ryuseigun)

Back to top Go down

fishmcdippers

Caless Student
Caless Student
Did anybody else in the US notice that you can't watch PVs from the youtube channel anymore?  I think the Scandal4Vevo channel videos still work, but there's less there than there is on the official channel.

The same thing happened to most of the videos on the Dream Music youtube channel.  I was trying to watch some Silent Siren videos and now I can't...

I'm sad now...
White Flag

Back to top Go down

graftenberg

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just tried it myself and got the same thing. Also noticed that they never released the full version of Sisters.

Back to top Go down

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Everything works fine in Canada. From what I've read on other sites it's a problem that's related specifically to several major Japanese labels but only affect the US. It could be coming from YouTube itself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I used a website to check where "Departure" is blocked. (of course it's the same for all the videos). The countries that have it blocked are in red, and the ones who can watch it are in green. So...copied the link to the website...and USA and Germany is red... 

As much as I want to watch the videos, I'll just go on the vimeo or Scandal-Media for now...

~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Another member literally had the same problem, albeit in a different country, and the thread was on the front of SCA-Talk. As a result, I've merged your thread to the OG one.

From now on, this thread only is dedicated for talk about SCANDAL YT videos not working in various regions. A kind of SCANDAL PV-troubleshooting thread, if you will.

@Topic: I'll just reiterate and say that everything still works fine in Canada Happy

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

truefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Confirm from USA:

SCANDAL4VEVO channel: Only Yoake No Ryuuseigun, Satisfaction and Departure short version work.

SCANDAL YouTube Official Channel: No video works.

I also tried many other Japanese music channels, and a lot of them became unavailable. Especially, this very old song [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was unavailable today (yesterday I could still watch it) even when it seems not to belong to an official music channel.

So I think/hope this is a short-term problem of some Japanese Youtube channels. Hope the problem is solved soon.

Back to top Go down

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If you're in the U.S and you're experiencing trouble accessing videos for Japanese artists, it is most likely due to the launch of YouTube RED - their new subscription service. This new service is causing a lot of problems for Americans.

With the launch of YouTube RED, the website has had to update their contracts with their content partners. When e-mailed, YouTube will essentially give you a stock reply. They'll just say that most of their partners have updated the contracts but some have requested more time to "think about their options". If a partner hasn't update their contract, YouTube is automatically blocking the video for U.S viewers. Until these partners agree to update their contract, the videos will remain blocked for Americans.

Unfortunately, it appears that Sony is one of those partners.

Sony doesn't seem to have updated their contract as many artists signed to their label have had their videos blocked in the U.S - this includes SCANDAL. Even artists like AKB48 are now blocked in the U.S because of YouTube RED. It's hitting a lot of Japanese artists from the indie artists to the big name ones.

Sadly, there is nothing we can do. Unless Sony updates their contract with YouTube, SCANDAL's videos will remain blocked for Americans. I'm not sure what other countries this affects. YouTube RED will eventually launch globally so there's no doubt that if this problem isn't fixed by then, this will become a widespread thing to have Japanese videos blocked.

It's really hard to tell why a lot of Japanese companies haven't updated their contracts yet. It's possible that they're taking the offer to "think about their options" more. It's also possible that the companies simply don't agree with YouTube RED and won't update their contracts. It's also possible that the companies still don't know since it's a new thing and will eventually find out and update. Could be anything.

As of right now, the only thing that U.S viewers can do is wait and hope that Sony will update their contract with YouTube so the videos will become unblocked. There's no way of knowing if the videos will be permanently blocked because of YouTube RED or if they will someday be unblocked again.

It's a waiting game really.

Back to top Go down

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Some already have, you can view BABYMETAL and Perfume videos in the USA.

Back to top Go down

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If you really want to see the blocked videos you could always just get a vpn if you are willing to pay a few $ a month, preferably one that offers japanese servers to be completely sure.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm

Haruki Ooshima

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Airi-chan I didn't know the existence of this new service as far Rolling Eyes
After had read at your post I looked for something more about it on the web and it seems like it would be soon available worldwide (in Italy maybe from the 30th November).

I absolutely agree with you about everything you said, especially:
It's really hard to tell why a lot of Japanese companies haven't updated their contracts yet. It's possible that they're taking the offer to "think about their options" more. It's also possible that the companies simply don't agree with YouTube RED and won't update their contracts. It's also possible that the companies still don't know since it's a new thing and will eventually find out and update. Could be anything.

It could really be anything. We even can't imagine what Japanese companies think about music distribution system.
But the problem is not only that, cos even if YouTube RED is still not active in every country, in some case the videos don't work anyways.
Maybe the most possible and reasonable motivation of all this, is that Sony JP doesn't like the way YT works in general (the absence of advantageous offerings on its contract) and they decided to block the viewing of some videos for certains countries.

Like I said in my previous post, if someone of these "banned" countries (like me Sigh ) want to see at them, has to fool the problem and trying to find them with different sources on the web. For now, I just went on the SCANDAL YT and clicked on the singular song (ex. Yoake no Ryuuseigun) instead of clicking on it from the playlist of the channel and it unexpectedly worked. I still don't know the reason of it Confused

More than doing this, we just have to wait for some more updates about Sony and its decision about the contract with YouTube/YouTube RED.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:43 pm

ZeroStrike1101

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yea I find that some of the songs that don't work on the official channel work on the VEVO though it just kinda seems a bit strange to have one not work then having to go to another channel to view it.
Clicking on the single yt vid for the blocked videos from the official YT channel doesn't work for me. Though as many people said, you can bypass the system through many tricky methods but ultimately although you can do that, it's still an issue all in all.

Back to top Go down

etwee

Caless Student
Caless Student
I hope this doesn't have anything to do with that new Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) treaty.. It's supposed to affect Internet but we can't know how yet because TPP content is still not made public

Back to top Go down

MamiNoodles

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I can watch almost everything on their official YouTube channel here in the Philippines except for the same videos you guys have mentioned.

Back to top Go down

fishmcdippers

Caless Student
Caless Student
My sadness has turned into anger...I can't watch Scandal OR Silent Siren videos.  And here in the US we can't even buy Silent Siren music...

PFFT!

Back to top Go down

drowsy~

Caless Student
Caless Student
Since I'm living in Germany and are used too see this little sentence "This Video is not aviable in your country" (btw f*** GEMA). I'm using a Proxy based in the USA and then.Boom.blocked in USA too.. eee what is this ?! Sad

I really hate censorship ..

Back to top Go down

fishmcdippers

Caless Student
Caless Student
So, I was in Japan for 2 weeks and was able to finally watch/listen to my J-pop/rock Youtube playlist...only to come back and find that it's still mostly inaccessible in the States...le sigh.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:01 am

MICHIO87

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ah, so it was YouTube RED's fault…?

I was wondering why videos that were working were not just a few days later.

Sorry, I haven't been here in a while, so I thought I was missing something.
Seems I'll miss out on the SUKI-SUKI preview…

Back to top Go down

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Just use this page: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am watching the song right now through that website. Just pick any other country than USA or Germany in the server list, for example Netherlands. For the specific song the link is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down