Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:08 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Here is the full version of "SUKI-SUKI" from the J-WAVE 「GROOVE LINE Z」 radio program the other day:

#front-page

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:31 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Oh man oh man oh man SUKI-SUKI is so gooood .love. 

I was planning on waiting for release date to hear all the new songs, but I couldn't help myself lol

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:33 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Damn that was hella good. It's like they mixed Stamp! and Flashback No. 5  and created something better.  .smile.

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:28 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
As someone who just couldn't get interested in Stamp or Sisters, I think I safely say I'm sold on Suki-Suki . . . now the only question is what the rest of the album is going to sound like . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:40 am

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Can't really tell if it was done intentionally or not, but I'm not really liking the inconsistency of Haruna's voice in this song. It's very nasal on the verse and it returns back to her "normal" voice after that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:46 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The songs really good, it reminds me a bit of Stamp and Image with a bit of Future lol. .smile. .smile.

Yeah, Haruna's voice does seem to sound different in each part of the song, especially the verses.  To me tho I kinda like it. Still I prefer her normal deep voice though Onion Smile

I wanna know the meaning of the song, I have no clue what Suki Suki mean so I can't really take a guess Onion huh?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:18 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I had a feeling they would announce something at the Gaishi Hall live.  I was hoping for the album to be finally announced, and maybe a tour. (world tour 2016, since Haruna said something of the sort earlier)

I can't believe how on spot it was....w
Ah, sorry I've been away for so long.... (^_^; )

Rina mentioned that 2016 is (hopefully) going to be a rockier year than 2015 was. As SUKI-SUKI seems to suggest, 2016 will be a SCA-Rock year....
A part of me still wants them to experiment more with different types of rock with this album. Stamp! mixed their sound with American rock, and Sisters was a dance x rock mixture. (Though, I was expecting something more like Doping Panda for dance rock.)
I've mentioned funk rock, jazz rock, and especially dark rock to them on twitter/J-MELO messages/twicast comments, so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of rock we'll see next year.

SUKI-SUKI, I'm guessing is 好き好き, which means "like" or "love" (extra-amplified version! w).
I really like the intro, and its punkish sound. They said it's a winter song, but I couldn't really tell....w
I guess I need to listen to it more....w

One thing that interests me, as well as some comments on Twitter, is why they chose "YELLOW" as the title of their album. Is it just a theme color? Or, just maybe, it refers to the color of Asians' skin? Myself being Asian with a yellowish skin tone, it doesn't strike me as odd, but overseas, it could be quite different, right?  One reason I'm kind of hoping it's the latter reason is because, as shown in the recent NHK ABU special, the members wanted to rediscover Japan's traditional instruments.  I'm really hoping they were able to incorporate some shamisen and/or koto in some songs.  Maybe a little shakuhachi would be nice too. For example, something similar to what GACKT does with his JIPANG ROCK songs and their Wa influences. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing what else is being included on YELLOW, especially since it's self-produced....

Last edited by MICHIO87 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:17 pm

GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
Is it weird for me to be strongly motivated after hearing Haruna sing "hayaku" in that song? Though I don't understand most of it, it gets me fired up nonetheless  .rage.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:34 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Regarding the album title, Haruna answered the question on their radio appearance on 12/24/2015. She said they were in a happy state while making the album and the color yellow was an appropriate representation of that feeling. Yellow also happens to be the color of Joy in "Inside Out"

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:43 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks for the answer. That was the radio appearance that featured SUKI-SUKI the first time, right?
So, the inspiration was Joy, huh…

That reminds me…I got Inside Out recently, and I still need to watch it…w

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:25 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So I just pre-ordered the T-Shirt edition. I'm So excited!!

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 Standa16
Stay Standard My Friends   .cool.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:18 pm

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://dobondo.tumblr.com
I can't decide between the T-Shirt and the DVD edition CANTA Depressed

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 5Oj6OpF
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:29 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
dobondo wrote:I can't decide between the T-Shirt and the DVD edition CANTA Depressed
I couldn't either, so I did Eenie Meenie Minee Mo. Lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:18 am

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
hana_no_koi wrote:I couldn't either, so I did Eenie Meenie Minee Mo. Lol
Hahaha well done!
I might use it as well

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:47 am

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@dobondo So playing Eenie Meenie Minee Mo didn't do it for me, and I bought the DVD edition too. So now I will have two copies of the album when it is released. Lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:24 am

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
They should have a CD+DVD+T-shirt edition .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:26 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
dobondo wrote:They should have a CD+DVD+T-shirt edition .uhuh.

couldnt agreen more lol, I bought the T-shirt version and regular version, couldnt get myself to buy the DVD just yet, maybe later...

7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:41 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
MICHIO87 wrote:Rina mentioned that 2016 is (hopefully) going to be a rockier year than 2015 was. As SUKI-SUKI seems to suggest, 2016 will be a SCA-Rock year....

Rina always strikes me as the most straight ahead rock of all of them, which is weird because she's also the one that does all the cutesy interlude stuff at their biggest shows. But I know her personal influences are all rock, and she's always talking about getting back to straight rock, playing as just the four of them on guitar, bass and drums, etc.

Anyway I saw them just a couple of months ago at Zepp DiverCity and even though it was a short show, it was *really* a rock show. The overall impression was very different than their recent singles. Even their old stuff sounded like it did on the albums, with that same nasty attitude, which they haven't always done so convincingly at other shows I've been to. So I believe her that they want to be more rock, and I'm looking forward to that. To be honest, while I liked "Hello World" overall, the songs I thought of as the weakest were all either ballads or pop songs. I just think they're a lot better at writing rock songs for themselves.

(Some of the ballads written for them by others have been pretty good, and "Secret Base" is one of my favorite songs, but of course it's a cover.)

I can't judge "Suki Suki" yet, though. I have to hear it in the context of the rest of the album. It sort of reminds me of "Uchiage Hanabi" in a certain way, in that I know if I heard it by itself before the album's release it wouldn't have done anything for me, but on the album surrounded by "Overdrive" and "Orange Juice", I think it's great. It flows perfectly and provides a nice balance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:52 am

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Noodles wrote:
dobondo wrote:They should have a CD+DVD+T-shirt edition .uhuh.

couldnt agreen more lol, I bought the T-shirt version and regular version, couldnt get myself to buy the DVD just yet, maybe later...
I had money to spend, and there is nothing I'd rather spend it on than Scandal.  LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Its been said in a recent translated article that Suki. Suki was written and composed by Mami. They also statedcer Chiisana honoo is in the album too.
lol not surprised there .common.
If they're gonna be more rock next year, you bet your bottom dollar I'll be excited. .happy.

Getting more hyped for Yellow everyday, still on the hype train tho. 

{Ticket: Hype Train for 7th album of Scandal, YELLOW
Departure date: Dec 23 2015
Destination date: March 2nd 2016}

Still a long way to go. 8o

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:16 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
I also thought the album title would be a reference to Asia, just like the latest album of singer-songwriter Hoshino Gen entitled "YELLOW DANCER", released two weeks ago. But yeah, yellow is definitely a color that express happiness: "primitive" emojis/smiles are all yellow, right? [=3

I want the tracklist so bad...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:31 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
So according to their official Facebook page, this is what the shirts for the album look like . . .
7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 3 10313711

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Holy snapples they look so cool (both the members and the t shirts) they look like totally rockers. Punkman
The t shirts looks like it has a very cool design, tho I need to get a closer better look. Oohhhh I want one of those t shirts. :druul:

--_--------------------------------------------------
-its been a while since we've seen them in matching outfits-

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:38 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Definitely buying the LE with shirt.... I'm hoping the sizes are the same with Hello World

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.