Go down

Re: 23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」
Posted Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks TGE  .clap.

the pv pretty cool and rocking, its like a mix of Awanai and Sisters video (just minus the 50+ girls), the colors give a very cool atmosphere. I miss this style of music videos and its refreshing to this after the last bright and cheery pv's.

don't know why they incorporated the karate girl, but it does give the video and song a very Japanese feel. I also love the use of the double pedals throughout the song, and hope Rina uses them more often in future songs Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 pm

MassOreoKiller

MassOreoKiller

Caless Student
Caless Student
The PV is really amazing. I don't mind the camera switching too quickly  .wow.
btw the part from 2:48 to 3:00 is just epic

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 Csdrtz13
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:27 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For Club Scandal members, a 4:30 min making of the jacket video has just been released on their mobile website.

Shibuya Outdoor street shot
Interior shot
Yoyogi Park "Tree" shot

Haruna and Rina talks about wanting the shots to have Japan/Oriental feel and to be cool Asia/Japan feel for Japanese as well as overseas fans.

Rina mentions Photos were shot by ARIKO using Film camera. (She also shot the photos for the 10th anniversary Pia Book)

(Video shows the photographer shooting with a Medium format camera as well as 35mm camera)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:27 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haruna has some really crispy rhythm guitar here and I love the band interplay. Would love to see Rina playing this live! Alas, no North American dates

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:32 am

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Very nice song.. Catchy melody..  Nice one

I love the fact that I can hear Haruna's guitar on this song significantly. The MV is great although I agree that the scenes changes too fast sometimes. 

I love it overall! I wish they produce more rockish singles like this. I'm waiting for the mv of dobondobondo dungeon...

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:55 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://i.imgur.com/TcyFGVH.jpg

Pic of the SCANDAL display at Tower Records... And yes I got my bonus .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:24 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
1st day on oricon charts: #11
http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-07-26/p/2/

the competition is really tough this time. it will be interesting how this single will do on charts

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Arcsol

Arcsol

Caless Student
Caless Student
Kind of on topic, but for future reference, how long does it take for them to put the albums up for sale on the US itunes? I've been noticing there is a slight delay sometimes. I mean, I do have an itunes japan account too, but I'm not able to currently get a card from there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:32 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My copies just arrived!

But I have an issue with the CD design, the only "interesting" part is the cover, the rest of the whole case, is one color, purple/green/orange, really boring.

I have some of their previous works, and they used to put a lot of effort in the internal design. 

This is what I'm talking about
Left: Take me Out LE B,Right: Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne RE

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 2016071323rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 20160715

And the back part:
Left: Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne RE, Right: Take me Out LE B
23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 20160714

Last edited by victor_survive on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:16 am; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:01 am

Shinsakuto

Shinsakuto

Caless Student
Caless Student
mio_akiyama wrote:https://i.imgur.com/TcyFGVH.jpg

Pic of the SCANDAL display at Tower Records... And yes I got my bonus .smile.

Perfect picture because Namie Amuro's new single is just beside Nice one

When Scandal tells you "Hello world", the world has to say "Hello Scandal".
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:59 am

Tuturu

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
victor_survive wrote:My copies just arrived!

But I have an issue with the CD design, the only "interesting" part is the cover, the rest of the whole case, is one color, purple/green/orange, really boring.

I have some of their previous works, and they used to put a lot of effort in the internal design. 

I think since it's Scandal's 10 year anniversary, instead of putting all resources on Singles alone they delegated some of it to promotion, photobook, SCAFES, Rina's photobook and the MV? Did I miss anything? these things do take careful planning so I'm sure they thought a lot about it, like "how much should we spend on this if we want to do that? maybe we should cut back on this etc." stuff like that  Happy

That's just my opinion
Nice one

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 5785e610
I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
.dance.  
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:05 am

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://dobondo.tumblr.com
Maybe they wanted it that way, a simple design.
It may look boring but isn't a big deal imo as the cover photos are stunning ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:40 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
dobondo wrote:Maybe they wanted it that way, a simple design.
It may look boring but isn't a big deal imo as the cover photos are stunning ^^

Yeah about the photos it seems from the all the recent live interviews.

Rina keeps making sure about mentioning about the photos being shot by ARIKO using Film camera and the collaboration with various people. 

Haruna in particular repeatedly mentions about the their look after their overseas trip, making sure to give their look a Japan feel, the monotone colour of their clothes, as for the kanji "東京" on her leg, that idea was decided by her stylist.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:11 am

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Star~world96®️ wrote:I also love the use of the double pedals throughout the song, and hope Rina uses them more often in future songs Happy
What are you talking about? There's not even a single trace of double pedals in this song. .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
raynsity wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:I also love the use of the double pedals throughout the song, and hope Rina uses them more often in future songs Happy
What are you talking about? There's not even a single trace of double pedals in this song. .sweat.

If you listen very very carefully you can hear it being use from time to time,  during the chorus and a little during the intro and outro, it's very quick and have to turn it up a bit. Heck there even a shot of her double pedals in the beginning of the pv, there's no point of having them there if she's not using them, right?
It's better if you have headphones on, and watching the pv and hearing crisp clear version of it. What?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:58 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Star~world96®️ wrote:
raynsity wrote:

If you listen very very carefully you can hear it being use from time to time,  during the chorus and a little during the intro and outro, it's very quick and have to turn it up a bit. Heck there even a shot of her double pedals in the beginning of the pv, there's no point of having them there if she's not using them, right?
It's better if you have headphones on, and watching the pv and hearing crisp clear version of it. What?
Ah god. I couldn't wait for Rina to use her double pedals since her purchase of them. I thought I was way onto her using them, but I completely missed the subtlety in this one. Will need a live performance to verify. Cause just closely rewatching the PV at certain points, her left leg does go up and down but that's to keep time. Plus its not helpful when theres so many cutscenes and most of which when on Rina are of her upper body.

Last edited by bleachnlife on Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
"Dobondobondo Dungeon" is sooooo chill. They are pretty good rappers I must say!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:50 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
bleachnlife wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:
raynsity wrote:

Ah god. I couldn't wait for Rina to use her double pedals since her purchase of them. I thought I was way onto her using them, but I completely missed the subtlety in this one. Will need a live performance to verify. Cause just closely rewatching the PV at certain points, her left leg does go up and down but that's to keep time. Plus its not helpful when theres so many cutscenes and most of which when on Rina are of her upper body.
To be honest I don't know. There are subtle double strokes here and there but those can be done with one foot. Even if it were double pedals, it sounds really insignificant and I have no idea why it's even talked about as if it is something big. Rina did the same thing in the song Metronome but nothing else. She does use double pedals for fills in live situations but usually only at the end of songs and that's it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@raynsity
Try to listen to the instrumental version if you're still not sure. of course it's not lengthy and all over the place like metal and hard rock drummers, they are quick overlapping  whips that's hard but also not too hard to hear. It may not be significate but it's the thought of her actually using them in a new recorded song is what's pretty cool. Happy

@flyingwill
Yes, it's a really cool old school rap song. I really love the bass during the hook, and Mami sounds so cool I love the way she said ," E? Ima toire? Kuuki yonde!" Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:33 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Every once in a while people talking about Rina's double pedals.
To me it's like asking why Mami not using her vibrato bar on her Strat/Jazzmaster?
I have Floyd Rose on almost all of my guitars but 90% of my playing not touched them.
It all depend on the song I play.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:11 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Regardless of the kick drum Rina's work on "Take Me Out" is pretty great, with lots of cool little details like what she does right after Tomomi's bass highlight (around 1:51~2 in the MV) when she hits the snare and the tom at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:00 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Metal Mickey wrote:Every once in a while people talking about Rina's double pedals.
To me it's like asking why Mami not using her vibrato bar on her Strat/Jazzmaster?
I have Floyd Rose on almost all of my guitars but 90% of my playing not touched them.
It all depend on the song I play.
Well from my point of view, a double pedal is an addition to the drum kit, as a default drum kit operates on a single. And if you buy one I asume you'll use it some way shape or form. Unlike a vibrato bar which comes with the guitar, like most modern  pianos have three pedals of which you most likely use the sustain pedal more than anything else. I mean for SCANDAL's style of music there really isnt a need for a spice from the double pedal (not saying she can find ways to feed it in) since I fancied Rina as a hands person with her fancy drum fills a d cymbal crashes. I mean if she finally uses her double pedal in some song consistently I'm happy. And if it happens to be take me out, we've got a starting point.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:26 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I read that there was a complete set of songs - was this only available in the JP iTunes Store?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:30 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
mio_akiyama wrote:I read that there was a complete set of songs - was this only available in the JP iTunes Store?

Yes, it's only on there. I had posted about it last week:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12896p100-23rd-single-take-me-out#741992

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.