Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: 23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」
Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:01 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like it... The drum patterns are somewhat addicting... I am excited to buy the single now

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:03 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
This song is hot fire!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:05 am

dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hmm i expected something way more rockish to be honest. But this song is not bad, it has the same spirit "Sisters" have, being catchy, summerish tune. Chorous part is very good, as well as guitars.

But You need to remember that i rarely like their a-sides.

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:14 am

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
I could get used to this more intricate instrumentation.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 am

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hmmm... I am with dampf on this - hoped for something much more rockish. But that aside - it is nice funky little song with catchy tune and yellou Wink feeling. I will not jump up and down with joy, but I won't scoff neither. And will keep my fingers crossed for something harder in not so distant future :>

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:19 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
The drums stand out to me, good job RINA and everyone!

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:20 am

dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@PPPeter: "I want you" being a hard-rock Rina's solo :>

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:28 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Loving the upbeat indie dance tempo this song delivers. The intricate high pitch echoing picking in the riff defs makes it different from what SCANDAL has previously produced. Looks like SCANDAL has stepped into the world of the indie sound. I'm happy about that.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:33 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@dampt and PPPeter
Yeah, same boat here, I honestly thought I stumbled upon a different unreleased Scandal song that the radio accidently put on heheh.
But honestly it's a really good track, the drum patterns are interesting and I'm in love with the guitars.
But yeah, was really expecting a more edgier and rockier track.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to look for Rina kick pedal sound.. Gosh darn where did you go.... ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:48 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Nice vibe! Nice
I like how the bass and the drums are now more noticeable in their composition!^.^)

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:31 pm

paolo961598

paolo961598

Caless Student
Caless Student
It reminds me indigo la end. I really like this new indie-style (lol maybe because i listen to indie-rock for years). Much better than stamp!, sisters in my opinion  .clap.

SCANDAL ITALIA 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:46 pm

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Welp this doesn't sound like how people described it as haha its still pretty grounded in pop. I like it though, i like the fast pace.

Edit:

Rina's drumming is intense o_o love it

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:11 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
dampf wrote:@PPPeter: "I want you" being a hard-rock Rina's solo :>

Exactly! Hard Rock Rina on the Arena... Or B side. If not then maybe Heavy Hip/Metal Hop by Dobondobondo? One can dream a dream... .whistle.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:39 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I was also exptecting something more rock but this is a very nice surprise! I love this song very much!

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Chioku

Chioku

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love love love the sound of this single * o * A very pleasant surprise. I'd like to hear more of this style from them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like it Happy

Back to top Go down

More Information About 『Take Me Out』
Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:30 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

More info about the Take Me Out singles:

『Take Me Out』 and 『SCANDAL Pia』 will be released around the same time, and artwork that links up both works has been produced. With a collaboration with photographer ARIKO, the global sense that SCANDAL holds has been condensed into them. Artwork that is capable of representing SCANDAL, who held a world tour last year; is holding a tour this year both domestically and in Asia and Europe; and are approaching their tenth anniversary, has been finished.

It has also been announced that MAMI and TOMOMI's spin-off unit "Dobondobondo" will be recording songs for the first time in four years for 『Take Me Out』 's B-sides.

Limited Edition A's song is 「Sekapero」, produced by DJ Misoshiru and MC Gohan; Limited Edition B's song is 「Dobondobondo Dungeon」, produced by SHINCO of Scha Dara Parr & Cypress Ueno; Regular Edition's song is 『I want you』, with lyrics+music+vocals by RINA.

TOMO and MAMI with DJ Misoshiru & MC Gohan:
23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 5IhimqP

TOMO and MAMI with SHINCO and Cypress Ueno:
23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 KcTp6BI

A note about "Sekapero" from DJ Misoshiru and MC Gohan:

It's a fun song about taking a gourmet trip around the world in three minutes. Please listen to it〜"

As I thought, "Sekapero" doesn't really translate well into English. Based on the description, it sounds like it's a portmanteau of "sekai isshuu" (around the world) + "peropero" (lick, which is what you do while eating), so I think it could be roughly translated to "eating around the world."

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Zooropa_Station

Zooropa_Station

Caless Student
Caless Student
Honestly, if there wasn't a delay effect on the guitar and it had a bit more gain, I doubt anyone would be calling this indie. Not that it isn't similar, it just strikes me as more in line with previous work than a first listen may suggest. The vocals are classic SCANDAL, and overall the musical style sounds akin to Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne + Brand New Wave

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:36 am

Kapten Kaizo

Kapten Kaizo

Caless Student
Caless Student
great~~ Go Scandal!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:37 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh, wow, that was great! I really like the sound of the song. The vocals were great, but the instrumental really stuck with me. I was kind of dancing to the song. And yay for Dobondobondo!! I like their two songs, so I'm happy they're getting another two. Rina is getting lead vocals on a single? Yes! This single is looking to be really good for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:10 am

Tuturu

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm all for the bass and drums in this one. Listen with your headset for better distinction Happy

True they run along the lines of Stamp! and Sisters but I'm getting more of a Playboy part II vibe

They're going back to their roots I guess, which superb btw.

Mami is getting really good at writing music
.happy.

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 5785e610
I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
.dance.  
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:49 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
WOW, just WOW. This is so Japanese sounding it's not funny - and I mean that in the BEST way possible - I love it soooooo much. The intro reminded me of ARUKARA or Indigo la End sound mixed with INSHOUHA.vocals almost straight away. Check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZquD0V5PLic and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LQzAYMV_ig to maybe see what I mean...

I also recommend checking out more of the Arukara songs if you like the music in Scandal's single so much.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:35 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
It also sounds similar to songs by BiSH and Little Glee Monster, probably Mami's love of idols Happy

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:47 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I went to the lives in Singapore and Taiwan so I got to listen to it live twice. As usual, the live was a lot better than the recorded version (or maybe due to it being a radio rip). However, I felt that the instrument part was a little overpowering on Haruna's vocals (maybe the instruments were louder) and it's in the recorded version that I can listen to the lyrics.

In the live, the bass and drums were superb (so in the radio rip but the live was a hundred times better)!  Nice one The moment the pace changed from Haruna and Mami's slow guitar duet, something entered my mind. It's definitely something that you don't hear as SCANDAL's sound, but the feel of the song is so familiar, it's bothering me... Then today I finally remembered the song Senbonzakura. This is one of my favorite songs in the game Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f, though I suck at it. lol. Of course the two songs have their differences, but the similar vibe was there.

Overall, I enjoyed this song a lot. It sounded different from their 'usual', but it was very familiar to me. Now I'm excited for the PV.  Onion Shine

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:22 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@anchiel

Yes there is a definite idol anime feel there but Scandal have done music for anime before of course.

23rd Single - 「Take Me Out」 - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum