Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

SCANDAL RINA's joy of challenging 「It's not typical for drummers」; touched by the comments from her band members
Modelpress - At the Release Event of RINA's Style Book Nq8YPyR
Modelpress - At the Release Event of RINA's Style Book RwUJ41X

Drummer RINA of the four-piece all-girl band SCANDAL held the release event for her first style book 「It’s me RINA」 in Tokyo on the 16th. At the time of release, she received e-mails from the members: 「We're happy that we get to see you doing things that you like outside of music」. She happily reported, 「They're truly kind, warm members, so I was really touched.」

■A volume packed with RINA's bases
This book is a work that focuses on the lifestyle of RINA, who has good friends not only in the music industry but also in the fashion industry and talent, who loves vintage fashion, and has been noted for being familiar with thrift stores and an awareness and communicativity in regards to beauty. Compiled in it are visuals unique to RINA to pictures from her childhood; a long interview; a 100 Q&A; as well as shots from 「RINA no Moto [RINA's Basis]」, the three consecutive serializations in the magazine 「S Cawaii!」.

As for when the release was decided, she recalled the surprise of 「Since I'm a drummer, I thought I was in no position to be releasing a style book...」 as well as the happiness of 「I remember the joy of receiving a chance like this.」 She also revealed her feelings: 「It's a bit odd that a drummer is releasing a style book; I don't think it's a typical thing (laughs), but it's great to expand your image.」

■What does RINA think the appeal of vintage clothes is?
Modelpress - At the Release Event of RINA's Style Book ZOa2RkB
She also appeared at the event wearing chic vintage fashion she coordinated herself. 「Since I like retro outfits in general, I also made my hair color and hairstyle red. So, I wrapped it in a vintage scarf」, she introduced with a smile.

RINA talked about how the appeal of vintage clothes 「does not go out of fashion」. She commented, 「The [clothes] are here now precisely because someone cherished them several decades ago. Being able to make a quirky, different coordinate is the number one appeal for me.」

■What's her favorite cut?
Modelpress - At the Release Event of RINA's Style Book JofA6PD
A highlight in this book is her confession of selecting a favorite movie and completely turning into the main character. Showing a smile, she said, 「For the movie 『Leon: The Professional』, I completely turned into the protagonist Mathilda.」 She looked back on it, saying, 「The shoot was one cut of it, and since doing a shoot biased towards fashion doesn't happen that often, that tension and a nice atmosphere that links to the story that's like it's continuing the movie's tension was produced.」

http://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1598752

#front-page #ItsMeRINA

Modelpress - At the Release Event of RINA's Style Book 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.