You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LPik

LPik

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8o_Jk22FlCwFviOt3g1FjA
Thank you for the translation. I have this book, but i don't know yet read Kanji.

Back to top Go down
park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Metal Mickey wrote:Btw, I will not imagine one day Haruna go on stage with a bottle of Jack Daniel like Sebastian Bach haha!

If this happens I'll not follow them anymore. One reason I listen to their songs/watch their lives/videoclips is that they do not promote excesive alchool use ,drug/ciggars use, violence and other bad stuff.

I knew that Haruna liked alchool, but not that much. My respect for her droped a bit Sad . I was just reading an article about how alchool is the gateway to drugs...first light drugs, then hard drugs...let's hope she will not fall into that dark zone. Many big starts went on this path and for some it didn't ended well.

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
park23 wrote:
Metal Mickey wrote:Btw, I will not imagine one day Haruna go on stage with a bottle of Jack Daniel like Sebastian Bach haha!

If this happens I'll not follow them anymore. One reason I listen to their songs/watch their lives/videoclips is that they do not promote excesive alchool use ,drug/ciggars use, violence and other bad stuff.

I knew that Haruna liked alchool, but not that much. My respect for her droped a bit Sad . I was just reading an article about how alchool is the gateway to drugs...first light drugs, then hard drugs...let's hope she will not fall into that dark zone. Many big starts went on this path and for some it didn't ended well.
Haruna is a smart, mature, almost 30 year sold person, she wouldn't think about going full alcoholic mode for anything, a fan of beer or not. But if she wants to go out drinking and partying, as long as is doesn't affect her well being, its fine that she does that. Thats saying for the rest of the members.

I just stumbled upon this pia, and found these Qand A very interesting.  .clap.

Back to top Go down
mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If Haruna went alcoholic, it'd be a sad day for all of us! I don't think we'll have that problem Nice one

Back to top Go down

SCANDAL Pia - Band Interview Part 1
Posted Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:36 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

お待たせ! Here is part one of the band interview in SCANDAL Pia. The rest of it will be posted in two more parts shortly.

【SCANDAL Pia】100Q&A + Partial Band Interview - Page 3 8l595gH

10th Anniversary Band Interview

A band interview where they talk about the future

For the last section of 「SCANDAL Pia」, we had all the members come together and carry out a band interview. We asked the girls who couldn't play instruments at all how they stuck to being "all-girl band" and a "live band," and those processes were corroborated in the field where they dealt with large numbers both at home and abroad. We had them talk about doing their first lives to doing overseas lives, inside stories about production for their latest single 「Take Me Out」, their enthusiasm leading up to the big event they'll be holding on their day of formation, SCANDAL's present location, and about the future.

――We know that four interesting people with different characters have gotten together. When the band first formed, the member selection was decided by your dance & vocal school teachers. Do you think they had some kind of intentions?
HARUNA: It's pretty vague. Because it's about us, we don't exactly know. We were put together quickly and much thought was put into [forming] the group.
TOMOMI: We had a drummer before RINA before we formed.
HARUNA: Someone we were with a few times and only practiced with.
TOMOMI: They were older and relatively strong-willed. The three of us kind of followed them and we were all passive types. After they left, RINA joined relatively quickly and she too was strong-willed. One person joining who strongly looked to the future was definitely decided by someone at the school.

――You were influenced by that power and were pulled along.
TOMOMI: If that didn't happen, we might have completed our time at school in a dance unit, like a hobby.
HARUNA: The three of us all go at our own pace. Regardless of age, someone who flips on the members' switches was absolutely necessary.
RINA: I wasn't aware of that, though. Even joining the group was unexpected. At any rate, the only thing I thought of was to become the me that I had pictured. For that to happen, I was living a life of always searching for auditions. While doing that, I was told about the school and met the members there. I didn't think I was pulling along the three of them. When I jumped into the pool of people aiming to get in show biz, I felt hopeless with my low level and lack of technique. It was also like that during the times I felt inferior and had no confidence. I still can't face the fact that I'm living as a drummer (laughs).

――It's because the angles you aimed for all differ.
HARUNA: But, thanks to RINA coming along, we finally got together as one.

――You experienced your first tour in the US during your indie days. The thing that strengthened your promise of being a band was around this time. How was it?
HARUNA: That's right. Doing a tour in the US was a huge shock for us. We had the support of our school until then and used the booth we were introduced to at our street lives at Shiroten and the school. The school had been a large part of us. The moment we were separated from that, and the moment we went out for the first time and our strength was tested was the US tour. The only thing to do was to do it; there was no other way but to be united.

――Did you have many discussions before your trip?
TOMOMI: We didn't understand our circumstances because, back then, we were practicing every day and were at a level where the things we could do increased one by one each day. But, we stuck a map to the wall and confirmed the places we were going to (laughs).
RINA: When the US tour was decided we all wrote lyrics in English for our song called 「SCANDAL no Theme」.
MAMI: We got a few things wrong (laughs).
RINA: Well, it's because we were at a middle school-level.
TOMOMI: The lyrics are at a level where we could fix them.

――It wasn't that someone was teaching you how to play instruments or lives from the start. Was it that you were rapidly getting experience playing on large stages but it never felt like it was a challenge for you?
MAMI: Feeling like it was a challenge?
HARUNA: We just felt happy about it, about everything.
RINA: We were happy that we had a stage to stand on. We didn't think about anything else. We didn't know what kind of preparations we should do for overseas lives. We were like, "Well, let's go and buy a suitcase" (laughs).
MAMI: Because we didn't have any.
RINA: I still haven't gotten rid of that suitcase, even though it's all messed up and can't be used. When I look at it I feel like crying (laughs). More than tour memories, memories of my mother working her hardest and uniting with me are brought back.

――RINA's dream materialized before her eyes.
RINA: That's right.

――In MAMI's solo interview she talked about performing at 「Sakura Con」 in Seattle on your US tour. I watched that video.
MAMI: Ah, that's great (laughs).

――You performed aggressively without it seeming like it was your first overseas tour, and you were highly aware of your performance.
HARUNA: The live at 「Sakura Con」 was the last stop of our US tour.
RINA: I was standing up at my drums. At the end, MAMI lifted up her guitar and played it behind her back. TOMOMI fell to her knees while playing (laughs). I don't know if it was because the other bands left a good impression on us, but we absorbed everything we saw and it turned into something awesome.
HARUNA: It was a remarkable growth (laughs).
MAMI: At that time we thought that was the coolest way to play a live (laughs).
TOMOMI: We had confidence. We were able to move about because we had been doing dancing the entire time [at our school]. It was like doing choreography.

――Did you do that kind of performance when you came back to Japan?
RINA: Didn't we play a live in Ame-mura after coming back? We played in that same way there.
TOMOMI: We had always talked about wanting to make our lives enjoyable and like you're watching a show. I think we did play like that.

――Overseas, at first, you were on a tour with other bands, and you've also played at many Comic-Con-like events. It probably made you think of how you could go on your own tour.
MAMI: Even if we didn't have a tour of our own overseas, having one in Japan was a big thing for us. Our first solo tour was the one we played at CLUB QUATTROs and an additional one at Ebisu LIQUIDROOM. We didn't think the tickets would sell out. But, they sold out pretty quickly and we added a performance. I won't forget the moment we walked out on opening day in Nagoya. All kinds of emotions mixed together, and we had feelings of, "Why are this many people here?"
TOMOMI: It was more like we didn't believe that that many people came with the purpose to see just us. We couldn't see it. [We thought] it was filled with people who were fans of other bands. Our works limited to Tower Records that we released during our indie days charted but didn't catch on quickly. We weren't able to realize that it was invisible to us. We saw that sight and it made us very happy when we thought about how people came to see just us. That was the first time our director Ogawa praised us.
RINA: Even now he tells us that that live was the best (laughs).
HARUNA: He can't get over it.
TOMOMI: He can't get over that live and our first Budokan performance.

【SCANDAL Pia】100Q&A + Partial Band Interview - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Huh. That's the first time I remember them mentioning a drummer before Rina.

Back to top Go down
drbo4un

drbo4un

Caless Student
Caless Student
very GREAT thanks for the translations) i really enjoyed it

Back to top Go down

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
park23 wrote:

@park23
I think you need to take a deep breath and a step back.  It's been 10 years and there have been no scandalous reports of Haruna or any of the other members being caught in drunken stupors or reveries,so either they have a slick cover-up crew or a great support group to make sure they don't get in trouble. I'm betting on the great support from Team Scandal. Also, they are responsible adults and enjoying some drinks is not a crime. If you don't drink, that's ok, but neither can you summarily judge someone if they enjoy having some alcohol. It's not affecting their job, so it isn't a problem. If i have the chance to hang out with them at a bar or restaurant, i'll have a drink for you.

Back to top Go down
park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Qberto wrote:
park23 wrote:

@park23
I think you need to take a deep breath and a step back.  It's been 10 years and there have been no scandalous reports of Haruna or any of the other members being caught in drunken stupors or reveries,so either they have a slick cover-up crew or a great support group to make sure they don't get in trouble. I'm betting on the great support from Team Scandal. Also, they are responsible adults and enjoying some drinks is not a crime. If you don't drink, that's ok, but neither can you summarily judge someone if they enjoy having some alcohol. It's not affecting their job, so it isn't a problem. If i have the chance to hang out with them at a bar or restaurant, i'll have a drink for you.
@Qberto
I drink alchool, no problem with it(mostly beer and wine, don't like the strong stuff), but I know my limit very well and never go over , not even a bit. Never lost the sense of reality or get tipsy.

Even Rina said that sometimes Haruna drinks too much.
For a girl, especially a beautiful girl, it is not so nice to drink a lot , for mens is another story.

No need to have a drink for me, but thx.

To see them staying togheter and make good music for atleast another 10 years will be awesome !

Forgot about this, thx thoseguiltyeyes
for translating and posting this, it was a good reading.

Back to top Go down
HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
Infinity thanks for you Thoseguilty eyes :D
Personal stuff like this doesn't exists! For a newbie, this is heaven <3

I'm that anoying friend :D
The one that asks for an orange juice  .cool.

【SCANDAL Pia】100Q&A + Partial Band Interview - Page 3 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down
STTGG

STTGG

Caless Student
Caless Student
park23 wrote:@Qberto

Even Rina said that sometimes Haruna drinks too much.
For a girl, especially a beautiful girl, it is not so nice to drink a lot , for mens is another story.

We don't have any proof of how much Haruna is drinking. Maybe for Rina a small bottle of beer could be "too much". If you listen to a song just because it promotes something or doesn't it's on your end and I don't see that alcohol use will ever get inside a scandal song except maybe as a joke so you are safe there.
Now on that quote WHY is ok for men to drink a lot and not for girls? What's that even supposed to mean?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Guys, these comments and speculations about alcohol/etc. need to stop. Discussing and worrying about it is pointless. HARU is a responsible adult who is perfectly capable of, well, being responsible. Reiterating what people have already said, she's surrounded by equally responsible, caring people. You don't need to worry if someday she'll hypothetically go off the deep end. In short, just don't worry about her in this regard!

Anyway. I'll be posting part 2 of the band interview shortly.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
saldiven wrote:Huh. That's the first time I remember them mentioning a drummer before Rina.

When I first got into Scandal and was trying to find more information about their background, I recall coming across an old interview (either video or in print-- this part I don't remember) that gave the impression there were other girls at their school initially approached to play in the band.  After a few rehearsals, the members whittled done to the four we now know and love as Scandal.  This could all be something I concocted in my own head.  Maybe I will get lucky and find that interview again someday to share (unless someone else in SH can confirm).

About this interview (thanks @thoseguiltyeyes for translating), it's really nice they compliment Rina as much as they do for their success.  This appreciation does come up often.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Don Dio wrote:When I first got into Scandal and was trying to find more information about their background, I recall coming across an old interview (either video or in print-- this part I don't remember) that gave the impression there were other girls at their school initially approached to play in the band.  After a few rehearsals, the members whittled done to the four we now know and love as Scandal.  This could all be something I concocted in my own head.  Maybe I will get lucky and find that interview again someday to share (unless someone else in SH can confirm).

You are correct about that info. They talked about it in the NHK BS Premium Documentary (which I did the subs for) that aired four years ago. It can be found in the Interviews forum of our Media section.

Back to top Go down
tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's interesting that their old drummer was also strong-willed like Rina. I guess the other 3 members really needed that little push that Rina gave them to move forward.

BTW, I also remember past interviews where they said Rina was the last person to join the band, so it makes sense that there was a previous drummer when the school was still trying to put together the band.

Back to top Go down
saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tomorocks! wrote:BTW, I also remember past interviews where they said Rina was the last person to join the band, so it makes sense that there was a previous drummer when the school was still trying to put together the band.

Yes, I remember that Rina was the last to join. I think I originally learned that from the Scandal anime mini-series.

Back to top Go down
beam.h

beam.h

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks so much for the translations. 

Never knew there was a drummer before Rina.

Back to top Go down
Zaraki11

Zaraki11

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks again for your hard work TGE, looking forward for part 2&3.

Great info about the band

Back to top Go down
RFlow

RFlow

Caless Student
Caless Student
Will there be translation of the second part? Highly anticipated!  Thanks

Back to top Go down
3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Awesome to hear them talk about some older songs. I just heard Hello Hello for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Discovered the live version online. A first i thought this is just a poppy regular kind of song, but then the chorus comes on and Haru and Tomomi and Mami are all singing there hearts out!!! I'm glad it's one of Mami's fave's, cuz it's one of my faves now too. Also Tomomi mentions how much she likes Very Special. It's very special to me. She puts so much passion into that last verse, it gives me chills every time.

Last edited by 3mania on Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : verse)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.