DKomamura

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I know the title must be missleading but i went to the Scandal live show in cologne  germany an amazing experience to finally see my bae Mami for the first time 
she is so much more gorgeous  in person.

Let my say this i might be dump music nerd or something but the sound of the venue wasnt that nice the instruments were too loud and the vocals too quiet
Nevertheless  i enjoyed  the concert alot but something  some people already know for a long  time  but i just witnessing it for the first time is Harunas voice ...
Yeah i was a bit shocked that she had a problem since i thought all the albums sound so nice 

Well it didnt bother  me afterwards because i was so hyped by the crowd but then i noticed something about Mami (since  my eyes were fixed  at her) she always  looked at Haruna in a kind of pitiful or shady way that i didnt understand 
Well i asked a dude who has been 4 times at a scandal concert (in europe) he told  me that happens quite often seems like a internal thing. 
Even the venue  was separated into left Tomomi lovers and right Mami lovers(was there too) no one really was hyped about haruna she seems like the least favorite member at the concert even i shouted more about rina than Haruna...


So i know i have no evidence or something  but it seems something  is going on i might  just see things 

Man this made me so curious like i want to see another concert to confirm that i hope next year

What are your experiences ? Did you also felt that vibe ? or did you ignored it and enjoyed just the concert?



Note: For me going to concert always changes my perceptions  about the musician they change from Idols to normal humans  i can see their flaws or thing's  that  i like about them more and i can identify myself with  them 
This is always a precious experience

Back to top Go down

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

There is really nothing going on. We see this kind of thread pop up every once in a while, I'll allow this one to continue if you wish to discuss what you believe to be happening. But just for reference to anyone else that might come across this thread, if you wish to prove this theory wrong simply ignore this thread


Spoiler:




_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

DKomamura

Caless Student
Caless Student
Noodles wrote:There is really nothing going on. We see this kind of thread pop up every once in a while, I'll allow this one to continue if you wish to discuss what you believe to be happening. But just for reference to anyone else that might come across this thread, if you wish to prove this theory wrong simply ignore this thread


Spoiler:



Ok now i know it is a common reaction xD
Man i just hope its wrong all along 
Next they come in europe i hope i wont catch this again

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
It's not a common reaction, though... Hardly anyone thinks that the band has internal conflicts like that, because the members never fight or quarrel among themselves. The band has said this multiple times.

To add a personal note, I've seen SCANDAL live many times and have never witnessed anything that remotely hinted of any sort of conflict between them. Even at their Mexico City show where they had their biggest 'disagreement' ever (can be seen in their documentary film), no one at all, including myself, could tell that any of the members were upset.

What you probably witnessed was just MAMI making her normal facial expressions when she performs live. She can look like she's really concentrating on playing/singing, which can incorrectly give off a negative vibe. She was probably looking over either at HARU or at the crowd in HARU's direction while doing that, and you most likely misinterpreted that as something bad.

Bottom line: Nothing is going on between them. Please don't worry about nonexistent things. Happy


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

DKomamura

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:It's not a common reaction, though... Hardly anyone thinks that the band has internal conflicts like that, because the members never fight or quarrel among themselves. The band has said this multiple times.

To add a personal note, I've seen SCANDAL live many times and have never witnessed anything that remotely hinted of any sort of conflict between them. Even at their Mexico City show where they had their biggest 'disagreement' ever (can be seen in their documentary film), no one at all, including myself, could tell that any of the members were upset.

What you probably witnessed was just MAMI making her normal facial expressions when she performs live. She can look like she's really concentrating on playing/singing, which can incorrectly give off a negative vibe. She was probably looking over either at HARU or at the crowd in HARU's direction while doing that, and you most likely misinterpreted that as something bad.

Bottom line: Nothing is going on between them. Please don't worry about nonexistent things. Happy
yeah you must  be right could also be i like drama too much xD

But this is still the impression stuck  in my head i just want to  to see them again next year and not worry about it 

I need to forget  about it

Back to top Go down

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Mami is super expressive when she plays and makes all kinds of expressions. When I saw them in LA last year, I was right in front of her. During one of her solos, I took a bunch of back to back pictures of her, and every photo has a distinctly different expression. She does often make kind of knowing looks at the other band members as the shows go on, but I've always assumed that was part of some sort of inside joke for the group.

As far as Haruna's voice goes, I don't really get the concern, honestly. At SCAFES, her voice was pretty solid through the whole thing, even with the crazy hot conditions and length of the show.

Now, the sound mixing and acoustics at the venue will definitely affect what the audience hears. And there's always the chance that she might have been feeling the effect of the travel during the European tour. Not being there, I can't really make an educated comment.

Back to top Go down

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
DKomamura wrote:Even the venue  was separated into left Tomomi lovers and right Mami lovers(was there too) no one really was hyped about haruna she seems like the least favorite member at the concert even i shouted more about rina than Haruna...

I just want to comment on this one. Well, as a Mami bias myself, I want to see them well and not just Mami during their concert performance. As much as possible, I want to be in the center!  Unfortunately though, during their concert last year in Hongkong, pretty much everyone that came before us were in the center! I have no choice but to go on the right side so I can be a little nearer in the stage. 

I have a very good view on Mami and Haruna but I'm having a hard time seeing Tomomi and Rina! My view of Rina was being blocked by her snaire! My view of Tomomi was very limited and most of the times, being blocked by fans. Good thing though that Rina were in the middle when she sang Oyasumi and Tomomi visited the right side of the stage after their performance. Overall, if you really want to have a good view of all the members, being in the center is the best place IMHO.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! Hmmm 
Back to top Go down

Miss Demise

Caless Student
Caless Student
saldiven wrote:Mami is super expressive when she plays and makes all kinds of expressions. When I saw them in LA last year, I was right in front of her. During one of her solos, I took a bunch of back to back pictures of her, and every photo has a distinctly different expression. She does often make kind of knowing looks at the other band members as the shows go on, but I've always assumed that was part of some sort of inside joke for the group.

As far as Haruna's voice goes, I don't really get the concern, honestly. At SCAFES, her voice was pretty solid through the whole thing, even with the crazy hot conditions and length of the show.

Now, the sound mixing and acoustics at the venue will definitely affect what the audience hears. And there's always the chance that she might have been feeling the effect of the travel during the European tour. Not being there, I can't really make an educated comment.

I agree. Mami is super expressive and she's always jumping (and fighting with the guitar cable hahahaha), sometimes she looks to the other band members but I didn't saw anything strange. I went to the live show in Barcelona and I was in front of her.  Love

And Haruna was great that night. Her voice was perfect and the sound quality in general was good too. When the show finished I was a little bit deaf... but it was OK :D Hope they come back next year.

Back to top Go down

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I've seen them four times now, with the last three times being really close to the stage. As with every band, every show was a little different in how they were reacting to each other. At one show, there seemed to be something going on between Haruna and Tomomi that I did not see at the other shows. It was very clear both at the time and thinking about it later, especially when compared with the two shows I've seen since. That's the only time in four shows that I saw anything like that, between any of them. They are human beings who are around each other a *lot*; they will not always relate exactly the same way every single day.

So yeah, it probably happens. I don't think anyone should be expecting them to be robots. Humans are imperfect; human relationships moreso because they involve more than one imperfect person. That doesn't mean you saw anything, and it doesn't mean I saw anything either. But if you think you did, there's no way anyone can definitively say you're wrong. What I will say, though, is that it's tough to know what's "normal" for them until you see them more than once. Then you can compare.

Mami and Haruna seem to be basically best friends in the band, though, so what you saw could have *either* been them just having a little tiff, *or* the exact opposite - they have their own way of looking at each other and playing off each other that the other members don't really share. Or it could have been nothing.

As for Haruna's voice, she's sounded absolutely perfect all four times I've seen them, all in Japan. Maybe there was something wrong with the monitors or something at the Cologne show. They seem to have more equipment issues whenever they're outside of Japan, and they play in smaller venues and probably have to use house equipment that they're less used to.

Back to top Go down

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes I agree with spacecadet, when you are with a bunch of peope more or less 24/7 you are going to have your off days.
But as somebody who has been in British groups since the 60's I am always amazed how well Japanese groups in general get on together, I guess it is the Japanese habit of respect and being used to living in crowded conditions.
So many British groups I knew imploded because the members had huge ego's and thought they were better than everyone else, that does not often happen in Japanese groups.

Oh and I think Haruna's voice is just fine, not a Janis Joplin type voice maybe but fine by me.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
One other thing is that Mami may have just been looking to Haruna for cues. She does do that, and *if* there was something weird about the monitors (which would explain Haruna's vocals sounding a bit off), then she might have been doing it more often. But you can see her do this on all the official live videos. She looks either to Haruna or Tomomi, depending on the cue.

I've been in bands and I've seen myself do this on video; when you look to someone for a cue, you usually aren't even looking at their face. You're looking at their hands. Consequently, you may have no expression or you may have some kind of weird expression that's more about yourself and what you're doing, because you're not really concerned with the other person looking back at you.

Anyway, just another possibility.

Back to top Go down

Kevindas

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/kevindas
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:To add a personal note, I've seen SCANDAL live many times and have never witnessed anything that remotely hinted of any sort of conflict between them. Even at their Mexico City show where they had their biggest 'disagreement' ever (can be seen in their documentary film), no one at all, including myself, could tell that any of the members were upset.

I'm curious into what was their disagreement o.o

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Kevindas wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:To add a personal note, I've seen SCANDAL live many times and have never witnessed anything that remotely hinted of any sort of conflict between them. Even at their Mexico City show where they had their biggest 'disagreement' ever (can be seen in their documentary film), no one at all, including myself, could tell that any of the members were upset.

I'm curious into what was their disagreement o.o

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


_________________________________________________________________________________________________


2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Ryudo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.alexnowak.net
I was at the Cologne concert as well and I was standing right on front of Haruna. And personally I don't think Haruna is the least loved member of the four.

About Mami and your interpretation of the looks she gave to Haruna you got a lot of answers already :D

Regarding Harunas voice it was simply a false setup on the equipment at the Cologne concert. Mics were too quit compared to the instruments but it was slightly changed at the middle and end of the live. So maybe that made you guess that Harunas voice wasn't fine at all.
But in Amsterdam and London the balance between instruments and vocals was way better handled.


_________________________________________________________________________________________________
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- Paris, FR
2015.04.26 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- London, UK
2015.04.30 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」- Essen, GER

2016.09.10 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- Amsterdam, NL
2016.09.13 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- Köln, GER
2016.09.24 SCANDAL EUROPE TOUR 2016「YELLOW」- London, UK
Back to top Go down

Kevindas

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/kevindas
Ryudo wrote:Regarding Harunas voice it was simply a false setup on the equipment at the Cologne concert. Mics were too quit compared to the instruments but it was slightly changed at the middle and end of the live. So maybe that made you guess that Harunas voice wasn't fine at all.
But in Amsterdam and London the balance between instruments and vocals was way better handled.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

 Sounds pretty good, although can I see why you wouldn't hear the vocals well. Those line-arrays are throwing further back into the crowd and I'm guessing they didn't put front-fills so front people can hear clear. Mixing clubs are hard though, but seems they did a pretty good job even with large amps on stage (stage bleeds)

Back to top Go down