Most photographed band in the world today
Posted on Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Dmjbill

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi friends,
Do you agree with me that Scandal is
The most photographed band in the world.
Today. Rich I've never seen so many different 
Pictures in my life.wish they would tour
The USA some day peace out bill

Back to top Go down

Re: Most photographed band in the world today
Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:38 am

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Hi Bill!

I would be more inclined to say one of the legacy bands in music history would be most photographed in the world. I am thinking somewhere along the lines of KISS, Rolling Stones, Beatles, and so on.

SCANDAL certainly have a nice media following (esp. in today's social media era), but expanding the scope to compare with other bands would lead to me believe they are okay-ish.

Cheers.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:03 am

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
Hola Bill,

I would be more of the idea of legendary bands in music history would be the most photographed in the world. I am thinking somewhere along the lines of Metallica, Nirvana, The Beatles, and so on.

SCANDAL certainly have gotten better, but expanding the scope to compare with other bands would lead to me believe they are alright.

Adios.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:14 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
こんにちはビル、

I'd chance that legendary bands in music history would be the most photographed in the world. I am thinking somewhere along the lines of Queen, AC/DC, The Beatles, etc.

SCANDAL has definitely grown in popularity, but they are definitely not the most photographed.

またね。

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:36 am

etwee

Caless Student
Caless Student
I bet SCANDAL is more-photographed than the Beatles. Remember the Beatles' career was pre-digital photography (there was no such thing as selfies!)—plus at their height the Beatles were not a performance band and were seldom seen together in public. Today everyone can take unlimited pictures with their cells. So hordes of bands much less popular than the Beatles get photographed a thousand times more… even SCANDAL although let's face it, they're far from top of the pop—they deserve it but just aren't there yet

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:36 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well it is certainly easier for people to have their own pictures of Scandal, I saw the Beatles and Rolling Stones but had nothing to take a picture with !

Back to top Go down

Friends
Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Dmjbill

Caless Student
Caless Student
hi friends,
Thanks for the feed back, those bands
We're great in their day.dont get me wrong scandal is happening .now that's
WhyScandal mania . Thanks peace out bill I'm a huge fan can't help it lol.rich.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Don Dio

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

This is a good topic discussion.  I have often thought about how prevalent their image is all over the internet and video sites like YouTube and DailyMotion.  They are all relatively active in taking daily personal pictures of themselves and posting them somewhere, and they seem to do a lot TV appearances and press compared to other modern bands.  To me it feels like if they are not the most photographed rock band, they're pretty close to the top.  Of course, they are the only band I actively follow each day so I'm just biased. 

It is interesting that I don't see a lot of paparazzi-style photographs of them.  That could be the pleasant culture of Japan, or the fact there is no demand for candid shots since the band puts out so many pictures themselves.  In this regard, they are probably not more photographed than the average Western pop star that appeals to teen fans.

One of the pros to the modern era of internet and cellphones is that a band can get their themselves out into the world in a way classic bands were unable.  When I was a kid the only way to see the bands I liked was to pick up the latest edition of Hit Parader or Cream magazine; or maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do a guest spot on The Muppet Show or the annual Jerry Lewis Telethon (I was too young to stay up to watch bands play on "Midnight Special" or "Don Kirshner's Rock Show," and "Solid Gold" was too cheesy.)  Needless to say, MTV was a big deal for young fans when it came out.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Don Dio wrote:This is a good topic discussion.  I have often thought about how prevalent their image is all over the internet and video sites like YouTube and DailyMotion.  They are all relatively active in taking daily personal pictures of themselves and posting them somewhere, and they seem to do a lot TV appearances and press compared to other modern bands.  To me it feels like if they are not the most photographed rock band, they're pretty close to the top.  Of course, they are the only band I actively follow each day so I'm just biased. 

It is interesting that I don't see a lot of paparazzi-style photographs of them.  That could be the pleasant culture of Japan, or the fact there is no demand for candid shots since the band puts out so many pictures themselves.  In this regard, they are probably not more photographed than the average Western pop star that appeals to teen fans.

One of the pros to the modern era of internet and cellphones is that a band can get their themselves out into the world in a way classic bands were unable.  When I was a kid the only way to see the bands I liked was to pick up the latest edition of Hit Parader or Cream magazine; or maybe you'll get lucky and they'll do a guest spot on The Muppet Show or the annual Jerry Lewis Telethon (I was too young to stay up to watch bands play on "Midnight Special" or "Don Kirshner's Rock Show," and "Solid Gold" was too cheesy.)  Needless to say, MTV was a big deal for young fans when it came out.

There is no other explanation to some peoples "claims" such as this thread than bias. Nobody in their right mind would believe that a band from Japan with 300k followers would be the most photographed band in the world today. I love SCANDAL just as much as you all but these threads are just silly

Back to top Go down

Hi
Posted on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:50 pm

Dmjbill

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi 
Thanks for   Reading, let get more of you interested in this topic. A lot of the pics like see looks very personal to me ,and the band takes
Their own I'm sure some fans do too well thank you.
Some of them  the pics.I feel like I'm right their
Bill

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory

That's the power of photo-metia for you.

For anyone confused, Confirmation Bias happens when you twist data to fit your own claims or expectations. It can be found anywhere: entertainment industry, sports, religion, politics, science.
Why does that matter? Because an inability to look outside of your existing belief systemsfandom will vastly limit your ability to grow and improve [as an individual]. We need to consider more possibilities, and be more open to alternatives.

I am a simple man. I see nice picture of SCANDAL, I like. That's it.
I need not worry about how it was the 2342365th photo of SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:45 am

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
considering the majority of their big concerts happen in a country that tends to prohibit taking picture and videos during concerts, i do not think they are even remotely the most photographed band. you can probably build a better case with any other big band outside japan because of how laxed every other country are with taking pictures during concerts.

Back to top Go down

Greetings friends
Posted on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:04 pm

Dmjbill

Caless Student
Caless Student
Greetings friends,
I've been seeing new pictures recently
Of young scandal in the school girl outfits.
Whoever thought of that idea was a genius. I hope 
The new cd has a pics of them when they were young.
Which scandal do you like better now. Or from back
Then 2008or 09 peace I like then 2008

Back to top Go down