You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Haruna Ono's raw voice
Posted Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:12 pm

brijet

Caless Student
Caless Student
Okay, so as I was randomly checking out some SCANDAL's live videos on Youtube (I haven't get the chance to go to their concerts...yet) and I suddenly have the urge to hear Haruna's raw voice. I just got curious so I did my research. Sadly, I only found Mami's raw voice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao6aBdb5qLs) but I've watched that before sooo...yeah.

Haruna Ono's raw voice 13823210

I tried my best and browse through all the videos and I found one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW8Bncg8Wek) which is Haruna playing acoustic guitar and singing 'Morning Sun.' Though I may say her voice sounded tired, well I love her anyway so never mind.

Haruna Ono's raw voice 14695510

The purpose of this thread is both to inform you (just in case you haven't seen that 40-second video yet because you just recently discovered this AMAZING band, then go check it out) and to ask for your help (pretty please?).

If you know some video clips/voice recordings of Haruna beautiful singing voice, then please, share it with me. 

Haruna Ono's raw voice 14317610

Thank you for viewing this thread. I hope you all have a nice day ahead. (Rhyming not intended)

Back to top Go down

Re: Haruna Ono's raw voice
Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:23 am

Katana Guitarist

Katana Guitarist

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami's raw voice video got me so distracted I couldn't pay attention to the rest of your post.  .love.

JK! (kinda) 

But I regret to say I couldn't find it, either. I even tried to use google translator to search for it in japanese, though to no avail. Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:11 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
If you want to hear her live singing then there are plenty of vids out there haha ~

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY CHECK THIS OUT! IT'S FROM THEIR LATEST 10 YEARS ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL. Her voice is not in as good condition as it used to be years ago though.   .shy.

P.S- I think it's a performance, that every scandal fan should be proud of! So, yeah. If you haven't checked it yet, then go ahead! It's really emotional and you can see some fans crying too T~T

(You can compare the same song's live from 2010 Temptation box tour here: SAYONARA MY FRIEND 2010 LIVE TB )

+ She sings live almost in every video and you can hear her raw voice, so just go and play any live performance of the band haha
Hope i helped ^^

Haruna Ono's raw voice Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:32 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
She sings a bit faster and her voice is a bit deeper when she was younger(around 22 ? ) than now. But she sounds clearer now compared to 2010, it is because the microphone/recoriding hardware or she just got better ? By the way, she was prettier and cuter back then Happy .

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
park23 wrote:She sings a bit faster and her voice is a bit deeper when she was younger(around 22 ? ) than now. But she sounds clearer now compared to 2010, it is because the microphone/recoriding hardware or she just got better ? By the way, she was prettier and cuter back then Happy .

2016 version is re-arranged i think, since yes. the tempo is different and the performance itself is different from 2010. 
Her voice has been struggling since 2011, so she became worse at her vocal abilities ;^; Her voice was clearer and stronger compared to nowadays. Sometimes i feel like she can lose her voice any second while performing and that bothers me a lot. If you watch this, you'll see that her voice got lost in the middle of the song and she asked crowd to sing instead of her:

P.S i think she looks like a mature lady now ~ .love. She's always looked beautiful no matter her age~ <3

Haruna Ono's raw voice Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:31 am

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
To be fair, that concert was a three-hour show under extreme conditions with almost no shadow, 37°C and 60% humidity. I myself felt pretty close to a heat stroke. (Thank you, Pocari Sweat!)

In that case, it was imo more a problem of dehydration.

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:09 am

Katana Guitarist

Katana Guitarist

Caless Student
Caless Student
I actually prefer today's Haruna than younger Haruna.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:45 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
Teen Haruna had a strong rock voice.
Now looks a little lighter... it's not a problem, I like her voice too :D

I think only Tomomi can give her a boost to sing like before.
Tomomi needs to use her "Sakura Goodbye" voice more often
and make a duet with Haruna  .happy. .chesttap.

Haruna Ono's raw voice R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:02 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Her voice has changed but I don't think it's in the ways some people say. In the early days she was still learning to sing, and she didn't have a lot of experience. She was using her voice in a way that eventually got her in trouble. She was putting a lot of pressure on her throat, and eventually she lost her voice completely.

She took a little break and when she got her voice back, she supposedly switched vocal coaches and it seems obvious to me that she is now intentionally singing in a different way. She sings much more softly, for one thing. She's not belting stuff out most of the time like she used to. And singing more softly and maybe from a different physical place I think naturally leads to a little different style. She doesn't sound tough anymore, she sounds more cute, and I think she's doing that on purpose to try to match how she sings now.

But this isn't because she *can't* belt it out, or sound exactly like she used to. If you go to their shorter shows, you'll sometimes hear her do it, especially on their older songs that she sang that way to begin with. She seems to pace herself at the longer shows, and use her new techniques throughout. On a couple of their earlier DVD's (maybe the first Budokan and then Wonderful Tonight), you can hear her start to get noticeably raspy towards the end. But I don't hear that on their more recent discs, which are all longer shows, and it's probably because she's singing a different way throughout. Really, she's just learned how to sing.

Anyway, I prefer the way she used to sing too, but I don't really agree when people talk like there's something physically wrong with her nowadays. It's just the way she's choosing to sing. She's trying to sing in a way that isn't going to cause her to lose her voice again with their grueling schedule, and she's found a new style that hopefully lets her do that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:17 am

Katana Guitarist

Katana Guitarist

Caless Student
Caless Student
The first time I heard Tomomi's high pitched voice I thought she was joking. LOL But then I got used to it and I enjoy it quite a lot. Although Mami's voice is my all-time favorite. And I think Tomomi's voice in songs like Shojo S (not so high pitched) is way better.

@spacecadet

Very plausible argument, sir. I'm pretty sure of the same conclusion.
Although I prefer her present voice/singing style (which is subjective).

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merged posts. Please do not double post + please edit your first post if you wish to add something else.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:15 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I always thought that Haruna was super talented because
she had a "problem" and still sing like a star. That's soo cool :D
They said(youtube,facebook comments) the band almost ended
because she was with vocal problems(2010-2011).
Personally, watching after "Pride era", I sensed some changes,
but nothing like a worst singer.
(english >.< )

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 am

Katana Guitarist

Katana Guitarist

Caless Student
Caless Student
What about Mami's hospitalizations? What was that all about? I can't find the reason anywhere, maybe it remained undisclosed. As a doctor I got very curious with that particular piece of info. She seems to have lost a lot of weight during those periods.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:31 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't have this info too, just suspicious :D
She has stomach problems(video about their secrets on youtube).

(my suspicious) she eats snacks(like Fandangos, Cheetos, etc) a lot.
Work like crazy and don't take care of her health.

Maybe a 10 year fan can give us a light about this too :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:01 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Well, as someone who eats a lot of salty/fatty snacks myself, I can tell you that that alone doesn't put you in the hospital, especially not at age 26 and as thin as she is Happy

It's probably something else that we're not meant to really know. And that's fine, even public figures are entitled to some privacy about issues like this. She did post some public pics from the hospital so I felt ok commenting on them at the time, but she obviously didn't want to say why she was really there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:53 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well :D My sister always get sick. I think some people just have a weak health/body.
I finally found the video about her stomachache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU2a8XlgufY
(4:00) or watch all the video :D

During my research, I found a Scandal God... well... I have a few videos to watch now.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:56 am

Katana Guitarist

Katana Guitarist

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's probably either anorexia or gastric cancer, which is very common in Japan. She's quite young for that, but maybe she had MALT lymphoma.

I understand she has a right to her privacy, I would just like to know if she has something with a poor prognosis so I could give more priority to seeing them asap if that's the case. lol

And no, I don't think it's something from just "eating junk food". She got in a really bad shape in a short time spam. I just hope she'll be fine.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:49 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Just a reminder: Please do not turn this topic that was originally about HARU's voice into one about MAMI's "health problems." It's pointless to speculate about something no one has any idea about and assume the worst/jump to unnecessary conclusions.

Haruna Ono's raw voice 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:50 am

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@brijet You could try to go to one of their live shows and stay in the front row if it is close enought to the stage you may hear her when she talks  without the amp from the sound system.
@thoseguiltyeyes We should show some respect and not go too deep in Mami's(or any of them) private life. She got sick but now she is fine.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:29 am

Katana Guitarist

Katana Guitarist

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't see how that is disrespectful, it's really just a preoccupation. And it's not unrelated, either: Haruna's raw voice -> doubts about her having some voice related health issue in the past -> Mami's more recent health issue.

But ok, I'll stop.

@topic

At the end of the Hello World documentary film I thought there was going to be a demonstration of Haruna's raw voice, but then it just turned into the full version of the music. lol
But it's a very nice documentary film. I recommend it. (Am I getting off-topic again?)

Mod edit: Would you really want other people to be openly discussing your health issues and speculating the worst about you? I don't think so. It's not fair to MAMI. And no, you can't just talk about one specific member's voice and somehow try to connect it to a completely different member's "health issues." Come on. That just makes no sense at all. :/

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:57 am

zhihong

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've been looking for a thread where I can discuss Haru's voice because her voice condition in the NTV Halloween 2016 live was so good I wanted to know if it was just me or did other people feel the same?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum