Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (10 votes)

【For International Fans】
How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan 9QjbjNc

Edit (August 2020): Since this thread was opened, ticket sales have unfortunately become much, much more complicated.

At most SCANDAL concerts nowadays they are checking at the door to make sure your name is the one on the ticket and will check your ID, passport, etc. They will not let in those whose names do not match the one on their ticket.

In order to get your name on a ticket, however, you need to have an account with the Japanese ticketing company ePlus, and that can only be obtained if you have a Japanese mobile phone number. This, of course, makes it nearly impossible for foreigners to purchase tickets in this way.

Right now, your best option is to have a friend who lives in Japan buy a ticket for you.

Another option would be to buy tickets at the venue on the day of the concert, and hope that tickets do not sell out ahead of time.

It is impossible to tell if this could change in the future once concerts will go back to regularly being held again. We will update this post if/when anything changes.

Older, outdated information:

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The resale of tickets exists because the initial retail sale of tickets is either difficult to start with, or tickets are limited due to the retailers allowing bulk buying to start with. Anyone who bulk buys anything so others miss out is not cool in my opinion.

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan Scanda10
Back to top Go down
saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I used www.japanconcerttickets.com when I got my tickets for SCAFES this year.

I have to say that I had a positive experience with them. Communication was always timely (there is a 12 hour time difference, so responses were sometimes next day) without any significant lag between inquiry and response. They delivered everything they said they would deliver in the time frame promised.

Additionally, they helped me get the shuttle bus tickets for the show. I had been wondering how to go about doing it, and been procrastinating looking. The week before I was scheduled to leave, the rep from JCT sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to get the shuttle tickets. He had the tickets voucher ready for me before our flight left the next week.

My experience with them was positive enough that I plan on using them again. I already asked them if they were going to try to work with Olympic event tickets in 2020, and they replied that they were investigating providing that service, but it was too soon to know if they could or not.

So, in my limited experience of two transactions with JCT, I feel that I can recommend their service. But, keep in mind, that is only my experience.

Back to top Go down
betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.scandalbrazilianteam.com.br
Thank you for your explanation, Jade! :D

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan Show_s10 How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan Dgghh10

2015.04.12 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 @ Tokyo International Forum Hall A

2016.08.21 - SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL 「2006-2016」 @ Izumiotsu Phoenix, Osak[b]a[/b]
Back to top Go down
Shark

Shark

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks for the explanation. I currently live in Tokyo and really want to catch a Scandal gig.

How do I add them on LINE? I am a newb on the app and I only know how to add private accounts like friends and stuff haha.

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan 0fPdnZt
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Shark wrote:How do I add them on LINE? I am a newb on the app and I only know how to add private accounts like friends and stuff haha.

In the first post I had linked instructions on how to add them:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t11464-scandal-s-official-line-account#696173

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Tuturu

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
I literally only knew about this today, I booked a flight without knowing about ticket sale rules since that's how excited I am.

Thank you so much Jade for taking the time to make this post.

I'm going to the Hyogo leg and I used www.japanconcerttickets.com service they have quick response time. I emailed them about an hour ago and received a response about 30 min later.

Sent me a quote for the lottery which by the way will end on Dec 25th if anyone is interested.

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan 5785e610
I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
.dance.  
Back to top Go down
Mithguar

Mithguar

Caless Student
Caless Student
There is hope for future. Some artists (LiSA for example) already release tickets for overseas fans. Considering their successful world tours so far they might release tickets for overseas fans as well. If not for small shows then maybe for Arena ones...

Back to top Go down

ScandalFan89

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi everyone,
I am from overseas and will be in Japan during March 25 when Scandal perform at Ibaraki. I am trying to obtain tickets for the concert but it has been really difficult and I know that you need to have a Japanese address/credit card to purchase tickets in Japan. 

I am wondering if anyone had a recent experience buying Scandal Concert tickets with japanconcerttickets.com? Do they put your name on the ticket? This is my main concern with buying from 3rd party as I don't know if they can put your name on the ticket and I  know that they now check for ID at the door. I don't want to purchase tickets from them and then be turned away if they put their own name on the ticket instead of mine.

Any help would be awesome! I am really hoping I can see Scandal perform.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
ScandalFan89 wrote:I am wondering if anyone had a recent experience buying Scandal Concert tickets with japanconcerttickets.com? Do they put your name on the ticket? This is my main concern with buying from 3rd party as I don't know if they can put your name on the ticket and I  know that they now check for ID at the door. I don't want to purchase tickets from them and then be turned away if they put their own name on the ticket instead of mine.

You probably will not be able to get a reply soon as this forum is sadly not as active as it once was, so please do not rely on waiting for an answer.

As I mentioned before, just contact them yourself, explain the situation, and they should be able to tell you if they would be able to put your name on the ticket or not.

Back to top Go down

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
ScandalFan89 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am from overseas and will be in Japan during March 25 when Scandal perform at Ibaraki. I am trying to obtain tickets for the concert but it has been really difficult and I know that you need to have a Japanese address/credit card to purchase tickets in Japan. 

I am wondering if anyone had a recent experience buying Scandal Concert tickets with japanconcerttickets.com? Do they put your name on the ticket? This is my main concern with buying from 3rd party as I don't know if they can put your name on the ticket and I  know that they now check for ID at the door. I don't want to purchase tickets from them and then be turned away if they put their own name on the ticket instead of mine.

Any help would be awesome! I am really hoping I can see Scandal perform.

Thanks!

Hi,japanconcerttickets.com is the best way to try to get a ticket,unless you know someone living in Japan...but in my case last June they were unable to get any...the tickets were just sold out too fast and they missed out in every case. The strange way tickets are sold in Japan means that you have a few chances and it's definitely worth trying with them first.
I ended up having to use Viagogo and Rinkya to get resale tickets,which when you add their fees,postage etc is not exactly a cheap option...but you know,it depends on how keen you are to see them! Happy Whichever way you use,they'll either post it to you or deliver it to your hotel,I had them delivered by post a month or so before I left because I was only arriving in Tokyo 2 days before the first gig and I kind of worried a bit that something might go wrong delivering them to the hotel,although they were confident that wouldn't happen...people do this all the time.
Don't worry about your name being on the ticket,I had no problem at all,if you've got a genuine ticket you'll get into the venue no problem. Good luck!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

ELFLOCK wrote:Don't worry about your name being on the ticket,I had no problem at all,if you've got a genuine ticket you'll get into the venue no problem.

Sorry, but that's now incorrect. As I had written here, they will be doing random ID checks at the door for this upcoming tour. That means that if they happen to check you and the name on your ticket doesn't match the one on your ID or passport, they will absolutely NOT let you in.

I know a guy who traveled from overseas to go to the 11th anniversary live in Osaka last year and bought a ticket off of a scalper, meaning that the scalper's name was on it. As they were doing 100% ID checks at the door and the ticket didn't have the guy's name on it, he was denied entry. He told them how he traveled from overseas to go to that and begged them to let him in, but they flat out refused to. So yeah, it's better to not take any risks anymore.

Back to top Go down

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
ELFLOCK wrote:Don't worry about your name being on the ticket,I had no problem at all,if you've got a genuine ticket you'll get into the venue no problem.

Sorry, but that's now incorrect. As I had written here, they will be doing random ID checks at the door for this upcoming tour. That means that if they happen to check you, they will absolutely NOT let you in if the name on your ticket doesn't match the one on your ID or passport.

I know a guy who traveled from overseas to go to the 11th anniversary live in Osaka last year and bought a ticket off of a scalper, meaning that the scalper's name was on it. As they were doing 100% ID checks at the door and the ticket didn't have the guy's name on it, he was denied entry. He told them how he traveled from overseas to go to that and begged them to let him in, but they flat out refused to let him in. So yeah, it's better to not take any risks anymore.

Ah ok,well that means it just got a hell of a lot harder to see SCANDAL Sad

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
There has been a bit of a shake up on the ticket purchasing recently, in order to have an account to enter any kind of pre-order lottery, an account on a ticket office system must now be verified with with (a SMS message eplus/lawson ticket or missed phone call ticket pia) from a Japanese phone line which is now in place. i.e. So phone number can only enter a lottery once.

Ticketcamp.net one of the large online resellers have also stopped services since the end of 2017, as they have been under investigation for copyright / unfair competition investigation.

Another thing they have recently been testing is electronic tickets via the ticket sellers app on smartphone, i.e. once downloaded and activated on a phone a ticket is no longer transferable. 

The free Honey concert is a electronic ticket only and for the lottery entry was done via smartphone as well, uncertain if they did any checks to see if you have a Japanese/foreign phone. Japanese Android/iPhone can be uniquely identified for which carriers its on/Japanese model.

Back to top Go down

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
ELFLOCK wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

Sorry, but that's now incorrect. As I had written here, they will be doing random ID checks at the door for this upcoming tour. That means that if they happen to check you, they will absolutely NOT let you in if the name on your ticket doesn't match the one on your ID or passport.

I know a guy who traveled from overseas to go to the 11th anniversary live in Osaka last year and bought a ticket off of a scalper, meaning that the scalper's name was on it. As they were doing 100% ID checks at the door and the ticket didn't have the guy's name on it, he was denied entry. He told them how he traveled from overseas to go to that and begged them to let him in, but they flat out refused to let him in. So yeah, it's better to not take any risks anymore.

Ah ok,well that means it just got a hell of a lot harder to see SCANDAL Sad
If anyone is thinking of going to Japan for any shows on this Honey tour I recommend trying Japan Concert Tickets...I just bought a ticket through them for the May 18 concert at Shimizu,I can guarantee there is no name on the ticket and the guy at JCT said there won't be any problem at all. I don't know about any of the other venues,but you can ask them at JCT for info about that.
I don't know why a lot of these concerts are still not sold out,like they are kind of medium sized proper concert halls,but they're not that big really. Anyway there are plenty of seats still available for quite a few of the shows if you want to go. You won't be disappointed if you do go,they're awesome live Happy

Back to top Go down

Vextal

Caless Student
Caless Student
First time buying tickets to SCANDAL so take my comment with a grain of salt. (All for taking risks if you have the money. No risk No reward!) Bought tickets through viagogo for Kobe. They were around $70 US dollars and got them in the mail 1 week later. Read about the ID checks and names so i sent a picture of my ticket to a friend living in Japan. He said there was no name on the ticket and that I should be good. They are general admission tickets so that might make a difference. Been following them since 2010 and finally getting around to seeing them live for the first time. Hope to see other SCANDAL US fans there!! Good luck to everyone else.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
re: Honey Tour Tokyo Nakano Mania tickets.
Due to the fact that Golden Week was a week before the concert.
The postage date of the ticket was/is very late, May 3rd for May 11th tickets, May 9th for May 12th tickets.

Some info:
Mania tickets they are send by courier/signed service.
Tracking numbers were only send on the morning of the delivery.
Recipent can change the shipping time if you have all the details, but only the Sender (normally for fee eplus ticket office can change the shipping address, i.e. to hotel/friends etc. but Mania tickets they have disabled this option)

So if you use a tenso service, your best bet is to have them sent to your hotel/friends ASAP, assume tenso warehouse and you are in Tokyo, can ship on the same day up till 9pm if it was sent out early enough.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Update 2018/7/5 

I only noticed today Lawson ticket http://l-tike.com now does geo-fencing, It will fail after logging in if you have a non Japanese IP.

I was actually on a VPN to the UK and noticed I couldn't proceed after logging in, it gives you a message about can not proceed.

i.e. you need a Japan IP or VPN to Japan to actually order a ticket.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Update.

eplus is currently doing pre-order ticket sales, these tickets are electronic tickets on their app.
Which means:

You need to use their app to show as ticket.
You need an account.
You need a Japanese phone number in order to register for an account.

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan 20180717_scandal_top_950x260

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Update on anti touting/scalping.

Recently I have purchased other artists and regular tickets.

For one Fan Club ticket I recently got, the explicitly say that the first 50 or so people will be fully ID checked/with membership card and photo ID, the remaining tickets will be randomly checked. 

I just picked up another Summer festival ticket, it explicitly mentioned photo ID check. (previously people got away with Japanese insurance card as it doesn't have a photo on it, so could have been "borrowed".)

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Update: Dec 2018 / Best★Xmas.

Just before Best Xmas live 2018 a government bill was passed to prevent people from scalping/touting tickets/in preparation for Olympic games in 2020.

Quote from Japan Times:

The bill seeks to ban the reselling of tickets for profit, or selling tickets at a price higher than their regular price.

Offenders could be punished with a maximum prison term of one year or a fine of up to ¥1 million, or both.

The bill would not only prohibit ticket reselling at high prices around event venues, but also ban similar practices on the internet in order to prevent resale businesses from buying up tickets.

End Quote.

Because of this change, Scandal also decided to do photo ID check on every single ticket type (Mania/Club Scandal/General release) for Best★Xmas. Extra staff was hired to do the photo ID against ticket name before the usual entry. I did see some people get rejected and were not allowed in, Team Scandal made a final check before telling people to leave.

----

General release and getting a better chance of winning or asking you Japanese friends to help.
If you have managed to get a box office account authenticated.

Pia service that can be used on Scandal general release:
Omakase-entry (Free service). For your favourite artists, you can set it to auto buy/reserve general release tickets.
Pia Stage service. (Free service). After buying over 2 bookings a year you gain tickets for a better chance in winning general release tickets. *I've done this before for Scandal general release ticket and got a ticket*
Pia Premium Member service, (Free first year, 4104yen subsequent annual fee.) Increased chance of winning tickets.

Other (not seen for Scandal general release as yet)
Lawson ticket has a Premium service with their branded Credit card. Card holder pre-sales.
CN Playguide their branded Credit card. Card holder pre-sales.
Eplus partners with Saison Credit card and UC credit card holders for certain pre-sales.

Back to top Go down
Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I would like to ask, that at this point can a local friend buy ticket from a machine, at a combini, for a foreigner and put that foreigners name on the ticket and let the foreigner go to the concert by himself/herself? Or it is working only if the local friend is also buying a ticket and goes to the same concert as well?

My other question is that at online registration, when they do the SMS verification, do they accept 050 (IP phone) numbers?

Thanks for the clarification.

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan Alairas3
Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Gaki-san2001 wrote:I would like to ask, that at this point can a local friend buy ticket from a machine, at a combini, for a foreigner and put that foreigners name on the ticket and let the foreigner go to the concert by himself/herself? Or it is working only if the local friend is also buying a ticket and goes to the same concert as well?

My other question is that at online registration, when they do the SMS verification, do they accept 050 (IP phone) numbers?

Thanks for the clarification.

If you buy at convenience store you or your friend should enter your name, should the name get printed on the ticket.

050 VOIP numbers do not have SMS as far as I know. I forget which box office they also did missed call on mobile number or automated voice call to confirm account. Also bring cash recently I heard from someone where only local credit cards were accepted, previously their overseas credit card had worked.

Back to top Go down
Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for the answers!

Another question. Are those prepaid bank cards work on ticketing sites which you can buy at Conbinis?

How to Buy Tickets for SCANDAL Concerts in Japan Alairas3
Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Gaki-san2001 wrote:Thanks for the answers!

Another question. Are those prepaid bank cards work on ticketing sites which you can buy at Conbinis?

I'm assuming you want to use a physical pre-card at the store, then you might as well use cash. Assuming you mean general sales tickets at the conbini on the day of ticket release, then you would just pay cash etc. some times other forms of payment are not allowed and some prepaid VISA/Mastercard have restrictions, they are kind of like gift vouchers, some are only for online use etc. and some may need you to register and confirm with SMS to confirm your account.

Ticket lotteries various, some times its cash payment only, app purchase, fan club ticket they may only send to postal address 5 days before etc.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum