Mami sasazaki guitar [Page 1 of 1]

Mami sasazaki guitar
Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:45 am

Mamisasazakiiiii

Caless Student
Caless Student
hello,

does anyone know about this guitar of Mami's?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Re: Mami sasazaki guitar
Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:42 am

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
http://atarashiimusic.com
Heres all the MAMI gear info: http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8880-mami-s-gear 

Any source on where you got that pic from and how do you know its MAMI's? I dont follow their gear too much but im sure the people interested would like to know.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:06 am

EyE_uttarothai

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I have heard about it too. Seems like the guitar builder in Sydney got an order from someone in SCANDAL team to build a guitar for her (or maybe he just wanted to give it to her). He mentioned that he delivered it to the Scandal headquarters already, but we still never seen MAMI with this one. (and the price was about AU$12k) WTF!

You can find more information from here :

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Mamisasazakiiiii

Caless Student
Caless Student
wow, ok thank you...

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:38 pm

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This cost as much as a car.  But it's beautiful.

Maybe we will see Mami playing it in 2017. She may need a bit of time to get used to it.
Also she may already use it for some studio recordings, like the "new" album, Best Scandal.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:05 pm

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
I can't help but be skeptical about this. I'm no mind reader but would MAMI or someone on the staff order from a custom dealer like Honeytea? If so, color me surprised as it will be a first for MAMI...

As far as I can tell Stephen Burnett has not followed up on how his trip to Tokyo went

Appears to have tried tweeting at her again two months later

I think it's fair to say this is up in the air until we get official confirmation through magazine article, blog, live appearance, and the like. Thinking
Oh and for those who didn't know, the MAMI facebook page he links is just a fanpage, not actually hers.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:18 pm

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Lexian wrote:I can't help but be skeptical about this. I'm no mind reader but would MAMI or someone on the staff order from a custom dealer like Honeytea? If so, color me surprised as it will be a first for MAMI...

As far as I can tell Stephen Burnett has not followed up on how his trip to Tokyo went

Appears to have tried tweeting at her again two months later

I think it's fair to say this is up in the air until we get official confirmation through magazine article, blog, live appearance, and the like. Thinking
Oh and for those who didn't know, the MAMI facebook page he links is just a fanpage, not actually hers.

ThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinkingThinking

Edit: that shop has like 50 followers on twitter, that cant be real dude lol, if it is I would be very surprised.

Also, looks like that was april of 2016 not 2017, supposedly the guitar was already delivered but MAMI hasnt posted about it in a whole year? yeah im gonna go ahead a call BS on that until we see some proof

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:29 am

jammy_jam

Caless Student
Caless Student
Possible that this is for real. Why?

The specs of the handmade guitar seems like it is catered for someone who plays Gretsch guitars.

The pick-ups, manufactured by TV Jones, are a favorite of those who use Gretsch guitars. Even the specs of the pick-up is similar to her Gretsch White Falcon:

White Falcon pick-up sound description:
"Two High Sensitive Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups grace the laminated maple body, providing pristine high end, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments. "

I can't find the link for her specific Gretsch but the specs are the same for those in the same range of model number ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

Devil-Jet pick-up sound description:
Increased midrange with tighter, more defined low-end. More punch, slightly darker with a hint of sparkle. Good string to string separation. (got this from TV Jones' website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

And the maker of the guitar seems to have matched it specifically to Mami's playing style in Scandal's songs (check out this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of someone playing it). Can you hear that it's close to her 'sound'? Happy

Also, according to a comment in the Instagram post ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), it seems like Mami doesn't know of this (yet). So I guess a surprise birthday present from the band and the management? The guitar was made in two years' time so it might be that the timing of its delivery wouldn't be predictably close to her birthday. LOL Happy

I hope this is for real because its such a beautiful guitar. It would be a waste if we can't see it on their live performances.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Mamisasazakiiiii

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you for the links!

I wonder if she even knows about it? it seems like a long time to wait... I hope she gets it soon, it's such a pretty guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
jammy_jam wrote:Possible that this is for real. Why?

The specs of the handmade guitar seems like it is catered for someone who plays Gretsch guitars.

The pick-ups, manufactured by TV Jones, are a favorite of those who use Gretsch guitars. Even the specs of the pick-up is similar to her Gretsch White Falcon:

White Falcon pick-up sound description:
"Two High Sensitive Filter’Tron™ humbucking pickups grace the laminated maple body, providing pristine high end, glassy midrange, robust low end and balanced harmonics for tone that blends seamlessly with other instruments. "

I can't find the link for her specific Gretsch but the specs are the same for those in the same range of model number ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

Devil-Jet pick-up sound description:
Increased midrange with tighter, more defined low-end. More punch, slightly darker with a hint of sparkle. Good string to string separation. (got this from TV Jones' website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

And the maker of the guitar seems to have matched it specifically to Mami's playing style in Scandal's songs (check out this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of someone playing it). Can you hear that it's close to her 'sound'? Happy

Also, according to a comment in the Instagram post ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), it seems like Mami doesn't know of this (yet). So I guess a surprise birthday present from the band and the management? The guitar was made in two years' time so it might be that the timing of its delivery wouldn't be predictably close to her birthday. LOL Happy

I hope this is for real because its such a beautiful guitar. It would be a waste if we can't see it on their live performances.

That instagram comment kind of sells it, this is just a guitar that the shop made as a gift and probably not purchased by the band at all, considering this was delivered April 2016 and nobody has even said anything about it and MAMI hasnt even acknowledged the fact that this exists lol. I mean im sure a lot of other things couldve happened but nobody buys a $12k guitar and then leaves it in storage for months just waiting for a good moment to bust it open lol

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:56 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Noodles wrote:That instagram comment kind of sells it, this is just a guitar that the shop made as a gift and probably not purchased by the band at all, considering this was delivered April 2016 and nobody has even said anything about it and MAMI hasnt even acknowledged the fact that this exists lol. I mean im sure a lot of other things couldve happened but nobody buys a $12k guitar and then leaves it in storage for months just waiting for a good moment to bust it open lol

Exactly lol.

-------------------------------------------------

Looking at everything, this is what seems to have happened:

-Honey Tea guy takes it upon himself to make a guitar for MAMI as a gift from himself.

-Guy builds and finishes said guitar.

-Tries to tweet at the band and MAMI about how he built a guitar for her and that he's going to be in Japan and can give them the guitar then.

-Claims he delivered it to "SCANDAL HQ" but says MAMI probably doesn't know about it (probably because, honestly, if he really did deliver it to the right place, the staff knows MAMI wouldn't be too interested in it).

Let's take a logistical look at it. More reasons why this wasn't a gift from the staff:

-That まみ on the head. No pro musician would want to play something with their own name on it. It's not even written in her stage name (MAMI in all caps).

-Why would they ask a small, unknown guitar maker in Australia to make a guitar for her? Surely they would have kept it domestic (or at least an internationally well-known, reputable company) if they ever decided to have a custom guitar made for her. I don't think they would ever consider giving a gift like that in the first place, though, when it seems pretty easy for the band to get their own guitars custommade (ex. their custom Squiers).

-Honey Tea guy even said on IG, "Friday I fly to Japan to (hopefully) present this to Mami", inferring that he didn't even know if he could get it over to them. If it really was a present from the staff, they definitely would have made sure that the guitar would be safely delivered, especially with how expensive the guitar is. Also, I'm sure it would have been shipped via insured mail to them, not delivered in person. Pretty much no one flies to another continent to deliver a guitar that was actually commissioned. You only do that when it's unexpected and you're trying to deliver a guitar you're giving as a gift from yourself.

This just adds up to confirming that the Honey Tea guy took it upon himself to make this guitar for MAMI.

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA 2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館 2012.11.03+04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting 2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR 2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK 2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER 2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL 2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX 2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA 2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA 2016.01.12+13 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016 2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス 2017.07.14+15+17 SCANDAL's 47 Prefecture Tour
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:24 am

jammy_jam

Caless Student
Caless Student
If he did that, then we need to give him an award for dedication. LOL. Jk.

Those parts don't come cheap. Just the pick-ups would be worth at least one Squire guitar. Add in the tailpiece, pegs, knobs, the electronics, the inlays, and the woods used, he just threw away money if he just took it to himself to make a guitar for Mami. 

Is it obvious that I'm hoping that this is real? LOL. Custom guitars that were built from ground-up sound different and often determine the unique sound of any guitar artist as THEIR sound. If this is real, we'll get that unique Mami sound in their songs that no pedal, amp, or pick-up can imitate. And come on, that guitar looks gorgeous! If I had the money, I would buy it and have the MAMI name removed. LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:20 am

Noodles

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
jammy_jam wrote:If he did that, then we need to give him an award for dedication. LOL. Jk.

Those parts don't come cheap. Just the pick-ups would be worth at least one Squire guitar. Add in the tailpiece, pegs, knobs, the electronics, the inlays, and the woods used, he just threw away money if he just took it to himself to make a guitar for Mami. 

Is it obvious that I'm hoping that this is real? LOL. Custom guitars that were built from ground-up sound different and often determine the unique sound of any guitar artist as THEIR sound. If this is real, we'll get that unique Mami sound in their songs that no pedal, amp, or pick-up can imitate. And come on, that guitar looks gorgeous! If I had the money, I would buy it and have the MAMI name removed. LOL

Seems like a weird thing overall, we already have another member of this forum making a guitar from scratch for MAMI so I dont think it would be too farfetched specially if a pro is a fan and has access to the same materials for cheaper it would make sense. But youre right, people dont go off and make a $12k guitar for someone when they dont even know if they are going to receive it, but people ALSO dont go to a custom guitar maker with 50 followers on twitter in australia when theres gotta be incredible custom guitar makers in Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:13 am

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
jammy_jam wrote:Those parts don't come cheap. Just the pick-ups would be worth at least one Squire guitar. Add in the tailpiece, pegs, knobs, the electronics, the inlays, and the woods used, he just threw away money if he just took it to himself to make a guitar for Mami. 

"One Squier" isn't really a lot of money in terms of professional guitars. The pickups are probably the most expensive part of this guitar, but even still they're worth about $250. If he really built this guitar himself, most of his investment would be time, and if he's a fan hoping to impress Mami, or promote his company, he'd probably be willing to put in that time.

The guitar's kind of weird too, and not something I could see Mami playing. The neck is really strange - he even says it's actually wider at the nut, which is bizarre. That alone would probably be a dealbreaker for her. There is absolutely no way she would have requested a guitar like that. No other guitar she plays is like that, and in fact I don't know of any major production guitars anywhere that are like that. This sounds like a classic case of an overzealous superfan thinking he knows what's best for her style rather than trying to actually understand what she wants. Who knows, maybe she'd have actually played this guitar if it had a neck and fretboard like literally every other guitar she's ever played. Guitarists typically don't like to suddenly introduce one model into their lineup that feels completely different than all the others - it's a recipe for mistakes.

Some people like making guitars as a hobby, and that's cool if that's basically what this was, but I hope he wasn't seriously thinking she was really going to play this thing.

I also think that she might have been more receptive to something that really seemed fan-made, rather than him trying to say "I own a guitar company and I'm making a professional quality custom guitar for Mami that's superior to all her others", which sounds more like him trying to promote himself and his guitar company by using Scandal's fame.

Anyway I'll eat my hat if Mami ever brings this guitar out on stage.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:38 am

lethaldj13

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/RolandPada
lol once i found out about it, i added the luthier in facebook weve been friends since then and we never heard about the guitar being received by mami or what

please check out my channel~

i do a bunch of guitar video's as well as other things like games

Personal blog~ check it out if you have time

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down