wildthing

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Just wanted to you guys some tips on how CD releases are typically done at various venues around Tokyo, especially with the Best album being released next month Feb 2017.

CD/DVD are usually release 1 day ahead of the official release date, around morning or afternoon depending on the shipment arriving.

[Things may change and I will update accordingly]

SHIBUYA

Tsutaya Shibuya.
Reservation/purchase: reserve in store only, reservation payment not necessary.
On the day purchase participation: general available depending on time/availability.
Participation tickets: given out when CD/DVD are available, usually numbered for popular artists, i.e. Scandal. Numbers can be first come first server or random. For any non in-store events, i.e. a mini live at another venue, the number tickets will be distributed amongst different stores.
Event lining up location: at the fire escape stairs.
Tip: Line up before the store opens especially if its first come first serve, lining up on event can get cold as its in the fire escape stairs, meet and greet are usually done behind partitions so by-passers can not see.

HMV & BOOKS Shibuya.
Reservation/purchase: In store purchase only ** Reservation are picked up on 5th floor. So far of the events where I've picked up reservation tickets, it is advised to purchase in store on the day instead, as participation tickets are handed out at the cashier on the 6th floor in front of the event space. i.e. other people will be buying the CD/DVD quicker then you having them look for your reservation and then lining up after everyone else on the 6th floor.

On the day purchase participation: general available depending on time/availability.
Event lining up location: gather in front of the event space stage on the 6th floor. Meet and greet are usually done in the open.
Tip: Just purchase on the day, line will form once the CD/DVD are shipped to the store.

Tower Records Shibuya.
Reservation/purchase: prepaid/postpaid reservation in store only, can reserve online in store reservation usually.

Event lining up location: gather in front of the event space for small events else lining up on the stairs, in particular if the artist is performing in the live stage in the basement floor.
Tip: you will see signs on the stairs have been numbered for the participate tickets, meet and greet are usually done in the open.

SHINJUKU

Tower Records Shinjuku.
Reservation/purchase: prepaid/postpaid reservation in store only, can reserve online in store reservation usually.

Event lining up location: gather in front of the 7th floor event space for smaller acts else lining up on the stairs, in particular if the artist is performing in the live stage in the basement.
Tip: live event for minor artists will generally have unnumbered participate tickets and first come first serve, once they become popular i.e. expecting 200+ fans they the will be numbered tickets.

----

OTHERS
Tower Records Mini - various location.

Event lining up location: Events are usually held nearby, i.e. shopping mall space, event space, or event outside the store, so will depend on the act/venue.

-----

Feedback! Shop, Shibuya
For Feedback events, fans turn up an hour or two before the store opens at 12pm.
If you are facing the front of the store, you would cross the side street and line up on the other side from the corner, i.e. the street going up the hill leading towards Yoyogi/Harajuku direction. (You will see some plastic pole in the middle of the pavement/sidewalk, that are used to prevent cyclist from speeding down the hill and on to the side street)
As the store is small, usually about 6 people will be allowed in to the store at a time.

-----

General rule, events no photos/videos, unless they are minor acts and trying to get more publicity. Gifts are to be deposited in to boxes/handed to staff.

[Will update with photos soon.]

Back to top Go down

wildthing

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
** BEST ALBUM TOKYO INFO ** 

Just want to let you know I was in Shibuya/Shinjuku earlier to confirm the upcoming events.

Reservation is recommended for both HMV & BOOKS and Tower Records this time.

* Participation tickets are not numbered, i.e. when the even starts, it will be first come first serve, event will end at sheduled time (I guess this makes it easier for people to try to head to both Shibuya and Shinjuku, last event for Take Me Out single, many people were missing in line as they were lining up at different stores.)

* HMV MUG in store reservation for the event have been SOLD OUT.

* For the pre-order, you can only participate for the post card handing out event OR ONLY receive a clear file.

Picture of the participation tickets in Tokyo for Best Album:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQfLb36Am4a

***** What happened on the day *****
For HMV, the lining up happened on the stairs near escalators, winding downwards.
The performance space/stage was used to hand out the postcards.

For Tower Records, the lining up happened on the stairs near escalators, winding downwards. Some tables were set up near the anime section of the floor very close to the elevators.

Last edited by wildthing on Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated with info that happened on the day.)

Back to top Go down

wildthing

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HARAJUKU TO FEEDBACK SHOP

Exit Harajuku station or Meiji Jingumae, look/ask for directions to Yoyogi National Gymnasium. We want to eventually walk on the left side of the Gymnasium building, the road also follows the JR rail track from Harajuku towards Shibuya.

Last edited by wildthing on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

wildthing

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SHIBUYA TO FEEDBACK SHOP

Back to top Go down

wildthing

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HARAJUKU STATION TO FEEDBACK! SHOP

Back to top Go down

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
YoOOOOO 

This is the first time i've seen this thread and i can't believe there hasn't been any other thanks or comments. Great info here man, I don't know if i'll make it out to japan in the near future but i hope there will be a day where i get to come back and use the advice/videos posted on this thread!

Back to top Go down