thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

SCANDAL meets Mustang GT

The Fender Mustang GT series amps comprise of next-generation digital amplifiers with the latest wireless technology. Its possibilities extend further by using the Fender TONE app. This time, a preset distribution was implemented through the Fender TONE app under the supervision of Japanese artists. Putting the spotlight on NORAN (LUNA SEA), Ken (L’Arc~en~Ciel), Soichiro Yamanouchi (Fuji Fabric), and SCANDAL, we closed in on their processes of preset creations and attention to sound creation. In the fourth installation, we will be reporting on the sound creation of SCANDAL's HARUNA and MAMI.

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT NsDvsuI

I like the power of the British 80's (HARUNA)

HARUNA mainly uses a Fender Telecaster, which produces a powerful backing sound with a bit of distortion. First, she tried out amplifier types to decide on the basic sound. Although she tried the 「British 60's」, aiming for simple distortion, her final choice was surprisingly high gain 「British 80's」. In order to add a feeling of effortlessness, add in a compressor behind the amplifier and adjust the middle.

「I tried a British 60's, which is close to what I usually use as a sub, but I like the sound of the British 80's. I liked that it has plenty of power. You can't normally add (connect) an effector after an amp, but you can do it only with a Mustang GT. Doing so creates a distinctive sound, and it's fun because your range of sound making is expanded.」 (HARUNA)

One of the appeals of the Mustang GT is that it helps me discover new things (HARUNA)

「Time passes by so quickly when you're playing around (laughs). I'm happy to be able to easily try out amps and effectors that I never challenged myself to before. One of the appeals of the Mustang GT is that it helps me discover new things, like, "Maybe this kind of sound surprisingly suits me?" Even if I go to a music studio, since I can only try the amps that are there, I think the reverse thinking of trying the real thing after knowing the ambiance of various amps and pedals with MUSTANG GT is also a great thing.」 (HARUNA)

For the amp, I really do have to go with the British 80's. It's powerful! (MAMI)

MAMI gives color to the band sound with a wide range of sounds from heavy sounds using fuzz to sounds full of creativity utilizing Whammy pedals. In addition to the basic backing sound, this time two patterns of distorted sounds using familiar fuzz for SCANDAL were created.

For basic amps, select 「British 80's」, the same as HARUNA, since it's close to the amp she normally uses. For preset 1, aiming for a fuzz sound, connect a 「Big Fuzz」 in the front of the amp (pre-FX), which brings it closer to her usual sound. Try it while switching the sound of just the amp and the sound with the effect by bypassing, and fine-tune the lowness and sustain. Additionally, add a「'65 Spring」 as post-FX. 「'65 Spring」 is a classic reverb that was installed in mid-1960's Fender amps.

Preset 2 is a basic backing sound. The amp is still a 「British 80's」, but the volume is raised while suppressing the gain, which raises the middle and supresses the treble and bass. The 「'63 Spring」 is a reverb that is connected as post-FX. This is the reverb that was installed in Fender amps in the early 1960's.

「I also made distorted sounds using fuzz while making basic sounds. There are many fans that copy the distorted sound, but it's difficult to do, and you have to buy a lot of equipment. So, I created it thinking they'd be happy if they could download it as a preset.

For the amp, I really do have to go with the British 80's. It's powerful! I like the sound. You can do anything if you remember that the cabinets, gates, and bias can be changed. It was very close to my usual sound (laughs). Basically, I decided on the amp and tried the connection of the effects with pre (before using the amp) or post (after using the amp) and adjusted the level of each. It's difficult to adjust, but interesting!」

Good sound won't be produced even if you use a multi-effect pedal (MAMI)

「This is exactly the thing you can do anything with, including features and sound! Also, I was very surprised that it's compact and affordable. You can do all kinds of things with it, so the possibilities are vast. It's hard to collect so much equipment, and since good sound won't be produced even if you use a multi-effect pedal, it's likely that you won't touch other amps if you get a Mustang GT to start with (laughs). I'd like for you to go to a music store and try it out.」 (MAMI)

HARUNA Cool Distortion preset overview (HARUNA)
The amp is set to 「British 80's」, and the post-FX is a compressor 「Simple Comp」. The knobs: 「British 80's」, Gain 9.9/Volume 8.3/Treble 7.0/Middle 4.6/Bass 7.8/Presence 5.5. 「Simple Comp」: Low。

› Fender TONE™:HARUNA Cool Distortion

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT 6UAC4KD

MAMI Leeeeeeeead Special preset overview (MAMI)
The amp is set to 「British 80's」, and the pre-FX is a reverb 「'65 Spring」. The knobs: 「British 80's」, Gain 4.3/Volume 5.7/Treble 6.8/Middle 6.1/Bass 7.4/Presence 5.5. 「Big Fuzz」 = Level 6.2/Tone 6.6/Gain 3.2. 「'65 Spring」 = Wet Level 1.6/Decay 5.9/Dwell 3.6/Diffuse 10.0/Tone 5.5.

› Fender TONE™:MAMI Leeeeeeeead Special

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT WENMoVD

MAMI MAIN BACKING preset overview (MAMI)
The amp is set to 「British 80's」, and the post-FX is a reverb 「'63 Spring」. The knobs: 「British 80's」, Gain 2.5/Volume 6.1/Treble 5.7/Middle 7.7/Bass 6.0/Presence 5.5. 「'63 Spring」 = Level 4.7/Decay 5.9/Dwell 5.5/Diffuse 5.5/Tone 3.9.

› Fender TONE™:MAMI MAIN BACKING

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT 17cuHTH

http://shop.fender.com/ja-JP/product-mustanggt-preset-scandal

#front-page

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT
Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:19 am

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Just be reading the title, "SCANDAL meets Mustang GT" I though they recived a Mustang GT from Ford as a gift or something

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:28 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@park23

Silly boy Happy

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:26 pm

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
They are speaking japanese for me... even in english
Hahahaha
.sweat.

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:55 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
park23 wrote:Just be reading the title, "SCANDAL meets Mustang GT" I though they recived a Mustang GT from Ford as a gift or something

Actually, Mami drove a Mustang (probably at GT) at their Stamp music video, LOL!

Anyway, it's cool to hear from the ladies that we can easily channel their setup on amp modeling apps.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:36 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@MamiNoodles

Yes you are quite right and Mami was the only one they trusted to drive it as it cost a fortune to hire Happy

But getting back to the topic I tried out the new Mustang GT amps at our local music store and they are awesome...not that I can afford one of course.
But I am glad Mami said she liked the old British amps, I am still using my 200 watt Marshall from the 60's Happy

front-page - Fender Japan - SCANDAL meets Mustang GT Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:20 pm

gitariskamaran

gitariskamaran

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
fender.... nothings better Nice one 

vintage sound..... hope it will be blend in their new album.... hope it will released soon

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum