SCANDAL at auction sites
Posted on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:40 pm

salersky

Caless Student
Caless Student
What are the best places to find SCANDAL stuff that's not produced anymore? Wondering since I've been wanting to buy one of the caps they made with the  (do) character on it but found out that they are not made anymore. Is Yahoo Auctions the goto place?

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL at auction sites
Posted on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:54 pm

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://stomachofchaos.com
salersky wrote:Is Yahoo Auctions the goto place?

I guess so, as Japanese don't really do eBay (unless they do wish to actually wanna get people from outside Japan to buy what they are selling, or it's a non-Japanese person selling it).

I had seen the one with the lightning SCANDAL logo recently but never the DO one, and this was since it was available to buy.

You may wish to keep on checking Yahoo Auctions but no promises. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 am

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
i got the dobondobondo hat for about 100 USD when they were first shipped out (yahoo auctions via zenmarket) I have seen the scandal logo one online but it's not almost double what i paid then and (3 times the original cost).

Good luck to you.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:18 pm

salersky

Caless Student
Caless Student

kudo_maharizu wrote:I had seen the one with the lightning SCANDAL logo recently but never the DO one, and this was since it was available to buy.

dchan419 wrote:i got the dobondobondo hat for about 100 USD when they were first shipped out (yahoo auctions via zenmarket) I have seen the scandal logo one online but it's not almost double what i paid then and (3 times the original cost).

Good luck to you.

Damn. Sounds like they are pretty rare on auction sites then. Somewhere between 20000-30000yen is probably my limit of what I would be willing to pay.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:57 am

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
salersky wrote:Damn. Sounds like they are pretty rare on auction sites then. Somewhere between 20000-30000yen is probably my limit of what I would be willing to pay.

30,000yen is like USD300. That's a lot of money for a cap.

This is a long shot, but just a week or two ago a friend bought her Do cap at the Feedback! shop in Shibuya. I have no idea if it was a handful of leftover stock or not. I haven't tried this but there are deputising services that actually go out and physically buy items if I'm not mistaken (a site called Rinkya does this I think).

So, why don't you google and find out. They'll charge you a fee of course. But it'll be cheaper than 30,000 yen for your DO cap.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:15 am

salersky

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
salersky wrote:Damn. Sounds like they are pretty rare on auction sites then. Somewhere between 20000-30000yen is probably my limit of what I would be willing to pay.

30,000yen is like USD300. That's a lot of money for a cap.

This is a long shot, but just a week or two ago a friend bought her Do cap at the Feedback! shop in Shibuya. I have no idea if it was a handful of leftover stock or not. I haven't tried this but there are deputising services that actually go out and physically buy items if I'm not mistaken (a site called Rinkya does this I think).

So, why don't you google and find out. They'll charge you a fee of course. But it'll be cheaper than 30,000 yen for your DO cap.

From what I can understand from their website they only deal with online auctions and webshops. But I'll send them a message anyway. 

Also I looked at the shop you linked before but it says sold out on the caps. Maybe they have some leftover in the physical store but would they answer a English mail since otherwise I would have to google translate which we all know is not that great.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

salersky wrote:From what I can understand from their website they only deal with online auctions and webshops. But I'll send them a message anyway. 

Also I looked at the shop you linked before but it says sold out on the caps. Maybe they have some leftover in the physical store but would they answer a English mail since otherwise I would have to google translate which we all know is not that great.

In my experience, the Feedback! online shop is not representative of what they have instore (to allow people to buy the items as it is not unheard of when overseas customers buy off the entire stock - I'm talking about online shopping in general anyways). That's why it was no surprise to me when my friend bought her hat at the shop recently. The online shop has had it as 'sold out' since Feb!

As for the 'personal shopper' option - I may have misunderstood the concept then. Sorry for the misinformation.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:11 am

salersky

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
salersky wrote:From what I can understand from their website they only deal with online auctions and webshops. But I'll send them a message anyway. 

In my experience, the Feedback! online shop is not representative of what they have instore (to allow people to buy the items as it is not unheard of when overseas customers buy off the entire stock - I'm talking about online shopping in general anyways). That's why it was no surprise to me when my friend bought her hat at the shop recently. The online shop has had it as 'sold out' since Feb!

As for the 'personal shopper' option - I may have misunderstood the concept then. Sorry for the misinformation.

I spoke with them and the person I was talking to said she think it's possible but because since it's Sunday in Japan she would return tomorrow. Hopes up! 

edit; also to be clear the shop you are talking about is the one in this http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8855-kitty-shop-feedback-shop-in-shibuya-kitty-shop-online thread right?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 pm

kudo_maharizu

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yes. But it is shut on Mondays.

Good luck. I hope they still have it in stock!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:44 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
kudo_maharizu wrote:But it is shut on Mondays.

Actually, they're open seven days a week with no closures for the duration of "SCANDAL SUMMER 2017" (July 15th to August 31st). Happy

When I went last month, they still had hats available up until my final visit, which was July 23rd. They should still have some available to this day.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA 2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館 2012.11.03+04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting 2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 Paris, FR 2015.04.26「HW」London, UK 2015.04.30「HW」Essen, GER 2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL 2015.05.20「HW」Mexico City, MEX 2015.05.22「HW」Los Angeles, CA 2015.05.23「HW」Anaheim, CA 2016.01.12+13 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 2016.05.22 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016 2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス 2017.07.14+15+17 SCANDAL's 47 Prefecture Tour
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:59 am

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Any luck Salersky? 
In a lot of their social media posts at feedback, i do see the a couple hats on display. If you find a way to get one, i might have to try to get the scandal logo one too

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:27 pm

salersky

Caless Student
Caless Student
dchan419 wrote:Any luck Salersky? 
In a lot of their social media posts at feedback, i do see the a couple hats on display. If you find a way to get one, i might have to try to get the scandal logo one too

Okay so I contacted Rinkya support if they are able to buy directly from a physical store and they said they are. They checked with the store and they did have the Do cap there though only in size 7 1/4 which is just slightly to small for me but decided to have them buy one anyway and hope to be able to stretch it a little. Reason why I havn't updated before is they are pretty slow and I think they didn't really understand what I meant when I wanted them to contact the phyical directly. They got back to me wednesday saying they would go and buy it and havn't had an update since then so don't know the price yet.

Don't know anything about the Scandal logo one though.

Back to top Go down