Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」
Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Kris1Otaku

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
I just tried to follow the links and set up the iTunes Japan account but without any luck.  The instructions look like they are from an apple computer which I do not have.   I tried on both windows 7 and 10 and keep getting stuck not being able to get any apps.  I only have the ability to pick songs or podcasts or other things that have an attached fee, or create an account using a credit card.   Does anyone know if apple fixed the loophole or if you must use an apple computer to do this?    Thanks

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I have so many questions? Is that a Rina Shoujo S reference in the shower? How long does it take to lace up those Chuck's? Who still has a rotary dial phone? And most important, who put ketchup on a hot dog?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:32 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Kris1Otaku wrote:I just tried to follow the links and set up the iTunes Japan account but without any luck.  The instructions look like they are from an apple computer which I do not have.   I tried on both windows 7 and 10 and keep getting stuck not being able to get any apps.  I only have the ability to pick songs or podcasts or other things that have an attached fee, or create an account using a credit card.   Does anyone know if apple fixed the loophole or if you must use an apple computer to do this?    Thanks

It cannot be done with a non-Apple product now, unfortunately. Please check this post out for more options on how to order it:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13885p50-digital-single-koisuru-universe#750591

3mania wrote:Is that a Rina Shoujo S reference in the shower? How long does it take to lace up those Chuck's? Who still has a rotary dial phone? And most important, who put ketchup on a hot dog?

1. Doubt it

2. There a zipper on the back

3. Cordless phones just don't have the same ~aesthetic~ as rotary ones

4. I think it's weird that people judge others for what a lot of people do put on their hot dogs Tongue

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:03 pm

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I would never judge Tomomi, she can put mayo on her hot dogs for all i care. But hot dogs are gross and not an acceptable meal for an angel. I will take her out for sushi every night. Also i love this video. Just when i though i could not be more obsessed with them, they throw this at me!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Gaki-san2001

Gaki-san2001

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I think now, the MV is fanservice and not a political standpoint. I also think that many of the fans don't require such a service. It also stirs up unnecessary debates within the fan base. Also, I think it is done in a cheap way. One thing is the content and other how it is presented. I remember, in the past I had no problem listening to Culture Club or Softcell or to like GAM of Hello! Project but I had problem with a particular MV of SKE48.

Haruna sold me this song completely. She expresses the rhythm and the melody perfectly. For me She is the real fanservice.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 7 Alairas3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:08 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well I hope kids don't see Haruna struttin a dark wet street with headphones as a green light to do that themselves.. But seriously.. I feel they are making a clear statement. Not sure that statement will shock in Japan, but a line like "even God can't get in the way" is gonna be tough in some places. But hey, the video fits the lyrics right? They are challenging us. If that's fanservice, right on Sisters!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:25 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
They're putting the "scandal" back into SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:00 am

Kris1Otaku

Kris1Otaku

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for the response!   I tried on a friends MacBook and it still didn't work for me.  BTW.  I was also there at ACEN show in Chicago too.  I was behind you in the line and saw you get the pic.   I wish I'd know it was you and I would have made sure to say hi.  Thanks for all your support on the site!!!

Please, Just a few more minutes away from the Real World.   CANTA Clap
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:44 am

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Although I very rarely post, I enjoy reading the forum a lot. But this time I felt I needed to post something. Sorry if my post is too long.

I wasn't instantly sold after listening to the Koisuru Universe radio rip for the first time. Because it was quite different from what I thought we would get. I expected a garage sound like rock song and not a song with such a catchy pop melody. So I was waiting to see whether the song would grow on me after its official release.

Then I saw on Twitter the first reactions to the Koisuru Universe music video and I was really surprised to see some people were upset or disappointed about it. I must admit, I was pretty astounded after watching the MV the first time. So I read some comments here and watched the MV a few more times. And then I remembered one of the reasons I love SCANDAL so much: they always find a way to surprise me, in a very good way. Actually the surprises get better year after year.

Not only did this MV make me absolutely love Koisuru Universe as a song, I now sincerely think it is my favorite SCANDAL MV.
The song reminds me of Take Me Out (which I love) but gives it a different spin, mainly with the chorus.
HARUNA's fast paced singing is simply awesome (and so is her outfit). It just blew me away, again.
From the second verse to the second chorus, when she walks along the wall, Haruna's singing and walking, the editing, the drum beats and guitare melody progression, all of them blend together so harmoniously, I just can't get enough of that.
The editing really stands out in this MV. It matches the rythm and the melody perfectly from the first guitare strokes to the climatic finish.
The color composition and especially the lighting are absolutely gorgeous.
I also love the artistic direction of the MV. And as someone pointed out already, it matches quite a bit RINA's aesthetics. Especially all the vintage items: the roll dial phone, the old sofa, the checkered floor, MAMI's 50s hair and makeup, the LIFE magazine covers, the neon lights, etc.

Now, on the parts that made some people react very negatively, there's so much I want to say.

SCANDAL members are now adults in their late 20s, they're not high school girls anymore. They can show the image of them that they want. If they want to show a sexier image, we don't get to judge them.
Of course it is only speculation on my part, but I don't think the kiss, the icecream or the TOMOMI/RINA scenes are purely fanservice. Because at this stage of their career, I don't think they really need it.
In recent years, they've gained a lot of confidence artistically. They've reached a point where they can write a whole album themselves, they have more artistic control and can decide which image they want to present as a band.
So I think fanservice does not really match their artistic ambitions, like being recognized as an authentic rock band by their peers and the general public.
Therefore I believe they were involved in the conception of this MV and that was the image and message they wanted to convey.
As for what this message exactly is, some people would want to wait for SCANDAL to give an official statement.
But for me, the MV and the lyrics give a pretty obvious message of love and acceptance. That love can be different and nothing or no one could get in the way.

And whether the scenes in the MV are relevant to their personal preferences, this is their private lives, and again, we don't get to judge or to pry.

Personally I found the scenes between MAMI, RINA and TOMOMI very beautiful and full of tenderness.

Also, I've been very moved by some of the messages here, from people relating strongly to the MV and sharing the struggles they have or had with being accepted, and also from those giving them support. That gives me hope after reading some far less accepting nor open-minded messages. Thank you @thoseguiltyeyes for making clear this was not a place for hurtful comments.

Finally, I think the girls took some risks here. And maybe we won't know for sure, but if SCANDAL confirm they are indeed taking a progressive stance in this MV, then I would be even prouder of them than I already am.

Sorry that was so long, I've been thinking about this for a few days. Can't wait for October 22 now!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:02 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SO I really like this song. Like a lot. And the MV too. It really suits the mood of the song and the food imagery wasn't as bad as I imagined from reading all the comments. Still a little sloppy, but not terrible. And I personally loved the kiss scene between Tomomi and Mami; it wasn't over the top but it was very clear that it was happening. Political statement or not, it's nice. And yes, Haruna was great the entire video.

All in all, everything is good for me. I'm excited for Futari

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:56 pm

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
I want to know too If the kiss is a Tech Kiss or a relationship kiss Hahahaha
Well;... Scandal Youtube Channel deleted(or hide) the Teaser...

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 7 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:57 pm

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
I really like the new song, too. It's catchy and I'm listening to it since the first airing on the radio.

I was a bit surprised when I watched the MV for the first time but after I saw the MV a second time I noticed that the content of the MV do match the lyrics. It creates a great atmosphere. My guess is that they just wanted to reflect the atmosphere of the song in the MV. I don't think that they added the kiss as a fanservice nor do I think that Tomomi and Mami wanted to tell us something Wink
But we have to wait for an official statement.

Harunas dancing is also my favorite part.

All in all, I love the new song and the MV. I can't wait for the 22th.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:04 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Let's forget about the video for a second (hard, I know) and reiterate that the bridge is just absolutely spectacular and another proof of how far they've gone.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It is true that bridges allow you to traverse much easier.
Often the view from a bridge is also amazing.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 7 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:46 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
The song is pretty great! I hate the negativity on some social media platforms about the video. I suppose being fairly liberal, that sort of thing doesn't bother me(or many of us so it seems). 

I don't want to sound to cliche but taking chances is always a good sign for the band. they aren't complacent, they are creative and want to expand their image/sound/ whatever the case may be.

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:00 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

They played Futari on today's J-WAVE 'GROOVE LINE'. 
There's a radio rip on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Syamlo_y4860/status/918410983915233280

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 am

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
@reilachii: Thank You for posting the link.

I like the song not as much as I like Koisuru Universe but it is still great. .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

"Futari" Radio Rip (Short Version)
Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

I've reupped the radio rip of "Futari" to YouTube:

If blocked in your country: https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=iJ51o_dKCak

*Lyrics here

Unfortunately, this is not the entire song; it cuts off right before the last chorus. Will reupload if either a full version is posted later, or if I can rip it when the radio program it was played on is available for playback.

#front-page #koisuruuniverse

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I have to say that this is definitely my fav from two new songs, even if I haven't heard the full version yet, tho I'm a bit disappointed that Tomomi doesn't sing here as well  Onion Cry
I love the intro, as Mami mentioned in the interview, it really sounds like guitar is singing on itself hehe and the vibe to the whole song is just so nice, bass sounds extremely good too together with Rina's drums. 
Haru's vocals are pretty high here too, but I think it really suits the melody of the song~ 
Thank you for uploading, Jade .love.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 7 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:11 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Wow, I love the chord progression and vocal melodies, quite different from their usual sound, especially lately. Can't wait to hear it in full, especially the instrumental break where the song was cut, it sounds amazing.

The opening "singing" guitar reminds me of Silent Siren.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
When I first heard the short radio rip of Futari, I was having those flashbacks on when I first heard the band 8 years ago. A truly nice song and takes you to a feels trip.

I like this better than Koisuru Universe Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Sounds really good so far. Gonna wait til the full version to give a good opinion. Those instruments are on point Peace Onion

Back to top Go down

"Futari" Radio Rip (Full Version)
Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:19 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

I managed to rip "Futari" in its entirety!

If blocked in your country: https://www.youpak.com/watch?v=rDbji1m-3ZM

#front-page #koisuruuniverse

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:07 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
man this single is quickly becoming my favorite. these two songs are like 10/10 AND we get live recordings of two great songs, one being an acoustic version of Koe!? man do i really wish for a physical release. that and their weird region specific release schedule is such a bummer.

Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 7 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:44 am

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Futari is awesome, even better than Koisuru Universe. It sad  that there is no  simple and cheaper way to buy FLAC version of this realease pack.

It seem they used a bit less compresion on these songs, isn't it?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum