Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」
Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:41 am

Fritzubus1967

Fritzubus1967

Caless Student
Caless Student
Excuse me it is a shame, but I have heard Koisuru Universe today first.
And "whoa" this is a strong "must have" song Happy

Gladly I fall asleep in the car and while sitting Happy
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:00 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm really loving Futari, everything was mixed sooo well. The instruments are pure gold in this track Punkman . Its almost to the point that I got lost in the music and forgot Haruna was singing lol. And Tomomi was right about the fast paced bass riffs. Maybe she need to use a pick after all. Everything they said about the song in the interview are correct.
They really are showcasing their musical talent with these two songs (and previous songs like Take me out , Freedome fighters), its 11 years of hard work pouring in these songs.
@ Park23 yes, I've noticed that too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

polysix

polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If the songs release so far are any indication of the style theyre going for in the next album, its going to be amazing.

Take Me Out
Koisuru Universe
Futari
Freedom Fighters
HELLO

Just listening to these songs back to back is getting me excited for whatever they release next.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
polysix wrote:If the songs release so far are any indication of the style theyre going for in the next album, its going to be amazing.

Take Me Out
Koisuru Universe
Futari
Freedom Fighters
HELLO

Just listening to these songs back to back is getting me excited for whatever they release next.
Don't speak so loud, 'I want you' is from Take me out single  front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 1f602

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:20 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think I need to listen Futari more times to get in love with it.

@polysix, I know , the next album will have a really good vibe

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:02 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Agree: their current style trend is wicked groovy. Still can we also get some more Tomo-esque stuff like Sunday Drive, Love, and Pizza Party? I also like Rina's "I Want You" … That really sets them apart as a great band, so much variety in their work, such cool styles in performance… And what solidarity and dedication …  I gotta stop

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
joameba wrote:
Don't speak so loud, 'I want you' is from Take me out single  front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 1f602

Laughed out loud on this statement.  "I Want You" is the only Scandal song I can't listen to.  It doesn't even seem like a Scandal song to me, even compared to their most girly or poppy past songs ("Brand New Wave" and "Kill The Virgin" comes to mind).

The "Futari" is blocked where I am, but if what everyone is saying is true, I know I'm going to love this one.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:39 pm

polysix

polysix

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
etwee wrote:Agree: their current style trend is wicked groovy. Still can we also get some more Tomo-esque stuff like Sunday Drive, Love, and Pizza Party? I also like Rina's "I Want You" … That really sets them apart as a great band, so much variety in their work, such cool styles in performance… And what solidarity and dedication …  I gotta stop
Oh you know that stuff is coming :D 
Thats whats great about SCANDAL they can jump back and forth and can literally play anything. But one thing I miss the most is them singing together taking turns on vocals on a song. I would really want to hear where they could take that with their skill level now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Don Dio wrote:
joameba wrote:

Laughed out loud on this statement.  "I Want You" is the only Scandal song I can't listen to.  It doesn't even seem like a Scandal song to me, even compared to their most girly or poppy past songs ("Brand New Wave" and "Kill The Virgin" comes to mind).

The "Futari" is blocked where I am, but if what everyone is saying is true, I know I'm going to love this one.

Lol, feel the same. Not a fan of" i want you", and i forgot it was even a song for a second. But a Scandal song is a Scandal song.

The youtube vid is blocked where i am too, i just used the Youpak link .
I also use this link, if you still haven't got to listen to it yet, you can use this
Right Here

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:36 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah the bsides on take me out weren’t exactly scandal.... dobondo bondo anyone?
However “I Want You” is channeling Rina’s electropop cravings (she likes Perfume, and Utada Hikaru has some electronic songs... I wonder if she like Namie Amuro as well?)

So yeah, while it doesn’t feel like a fully fleshed out song, I do like it.

I just wish this one would release already! :g

front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
mio_akiyama wrote:Yeah the bsides on take me out weren’t exactly scandal.... dobondo bondo anyone?
However “I Want You” is channeling Rina’s electropop cravings (she likes Perfume, and Utada Hikaru has some electronic songs... I wonder if she like Namie Amuro as well?)

So yeah, while it doesn’t feel like a fully fleshed out song, I do like it.

I just wish this one would release already! :g

Sorry this is off topic-- at least the Dobondobondo stuff is not credited as Scandal, and I'm fine with that.  "I Want You" should have gone under the Almond Crush banner, or credited differently, maybe as Rina (even if all the girls played on it).  This wouldn't have been unusual for an established band to play on another's solo recording (Rod Stewart and The Faces are a prime example).

Back on topic: Finally  heard "Futari."  Good song, but  "Universe" is my favorite of the two at the moment.  I'll probably change my mind next week after I've listened to this a few more times.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Take Me Out and Koisuru Universe are among their best songs, if they're any indication their next album will be great. Amazing how they keep getting better and better!

Kinda late to the discussion but my only complaint about the MV is that now I'm really jealous of MAMI... but seriously, one of their best videos, great use of lighting and colors. Beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 am

Keashaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like the song, but I think I won't watch the MV very often (will wait for live performances).
I'm not sure why they made the video that way. Is this really for PR reasons? I would understand if SCANDAL is a new band trying to make themself known. Some parts of the video are really... fan service. And I'm not talking about the kissing (well, how the kissing is shown is also fan service...).
One of my friends visiting me today asked me why this MV looks so "bitchy" compared to other SCANDAL MVs. Was a little bit shocked how he commented the video (it's not innocent, but bitchy?) Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:02 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Like many here, I'm curious to hear about the video from the band, what the message they're trying to convey. The common theme in the MV seems to be "not caring and not resisting to your cravings": drinking milk not caring about spilling, putting everything you want in a disgusting hot dog, taking a shower with your clothes on, the kiss... that's how I'm interpreting it, because you shouldn't resist love  front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 2764 

...or maybe the director is just a pervert, who knows?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Keashaa wrote:I like the song, but I think I won't watch the MV very often (will wait for live performances).
I'm not sure why they made the video that way. Is this really for PR reasons? I would understand if SCANDAL is a new band trying to make themself known. Some parts of the video are really... fan service. And I'm not talking about the kissing (well, how the kissing is shown is also fan service...).
One of my friends visiting me today asked me why this MV looks so "bitchy" compared to other SCANDAL MVs. Was a little bit shocked how he commented the video (it's not innocent, but bitchy?) Sad
Well, obviously if their not a new band, then it shouldn't be fan service, right? Some things may look one way, but its actually the other way. If they were truly fan service, they would be showing A LOT more skin. .hmmm.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:53 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not against the MV or hated it, i guess being me i was neutral on my stand upon watching the MV. However, just like some if not most of us here, I'm confused about what's the message of the video. I'm curious on what they will say upon the concept of it if they will ever shed light on it's creation. I do hope that they find the time to discuss the making of the MV. 
 front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 1f600  front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 1f600  front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 1f600

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This upcoming single release cements the fact that those in the fanbase who worried that the ladies were leaning toward poppier material put their fears away! Other than "I Want You" and "Hello", the songs they've put out have rocked HARD!!! "Take Me Out", "Freedom Fighters", "Koisuru Universe", and "Futari" show Scandal loves to rock and are expanding their sonic and melodic  vocabulary. The only thing I want to hear now is Rina giving us some double bass work in a song. Looking extremely forward to the digital single!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Keashaa wrote:One of my friends visiting me today asked me why this MV looks so "bitchy" compared to other SCANDAL MVs. Was a little bit shocked how he commented the video (it's not innocent, but bitchy?)

I don't think your friend understands what "bitchy" means. That's definitely not how you would describe the video.

Like many have said before, they don't need to do any "fan service." Honestly, they have ZERO need to "appeal" to fans in that manner. They've been around for 11 years already. They're fully grown adults in their upper 20s and can do what they want. It'd be incorrect to assume that they did something that you don't like/approve of because a director supposedly told them to do it, or that's it's "fan service"--you can pretty much guarantee that they did it because they wanted to. They have their reasons and are not obligated to tell them to us, so if they do decide to talk about them, cool. If they don't, then that's also fine.

Anyway, I found out where I can host videos without any country restrictions. Here's the radio rip of "Futari" again but with no country restrictions:

front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:27 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Qberto wrote:This upcoming single release cements the fact that those in the fanbase who worried that the ladies were leaning toward poppier material put their fears away! Other than "I Want You" and "Hello", the songs they've put out have rocked HARD!!! "Take Me Out", "Freedom Fighters", "Koisuru Universe", and "Futari" show Scandal loves to rock and are expanding their sonic and melodic  vocabulary. The only thing I want to hear now is Rina giving us some double bass work in a song. Looking extremely forward to the digital single!

I was thinking the same way, but Hello to me is a little more soft rock than I expected. and they did say in a interview they want their next album to be a rock album. Nice one

As for the double bass thing, she did used them a bit in Take Me Out , once in Freedom Fighters, and the beginning of Futari (you can actually hear them very clearly in Futari
). But I'm anticipating for her to use them fully in a song.

@TGE thanks for that, the video and your input .hail.

Last edited by Star~world96® on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:28 am

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
I guess I'd have to agree with TGE. Even though entertainers are in the public sphere, I think they should have some privacy. It's not that I don't want to know (I think it's natural to be curious about the back story), but they may never provide more detail and just say the video should speak for itself. To me, the video imagery supports the lyrics, and I found the overall tone to be warm, loving, and tender. Others may disagree, and that's okay, since the video is meant for public consumption and polite discussion. If they provide more personal information I'd be supportive of that, too, but I don't need it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:07 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
saw this on twitter. Live version of Koisuru Universe incoming O_O
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/919991888316207104/pu/vid/720x1280/V3e-L0TArLbYu2-a.mp4

front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I listened to "Futari" a couple  times last week while at work, and I just listened to again now at home.  Either my speakers at work are garbage, or this is a new radio rip copy than what we heard last week-- whatever the case my perception of the song is so much different tonight than when I first heard it.  Wow, this is good!  I could hear Tomomi's bass lines so much clearer, and I love what Mami is doing throughout the whole song, which I seemed to have missed before.  It's like one big solo for her, which is wonderful because she rarely takes more than a few bars to solo in most songs.  I'm always wanting more from her, and it seems to all be here.  Now I am really excited for the official release and whatever album the come out with next, especially if it's filled with songs like this and "Koisuru Universe."

Back to top Go down

"Koisuru Universe" on Premium Melodix!
Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

"Koisuru Universe" on Premium Melodix!:

#front-page #koisuruuniverse

PS: If anyone knows of a good program to cut .ts videos with with little loss in quality, please kindly let me know.

Don Dio wrote:Either my speakers at work are garbage, or this is a new radio rip copy than what we heard last week

It's the exact same rip. front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 1f61b

front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:35 am

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
@thoseguiltyeyes kill my curiosity please! <3

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64uqt2

Are you going to translate?? :D :D :D :D

EDIT: For TS videos I use Freemake Video Converter
He cuts the video and convert in very good quality .mp4(and other types)
Unfortunally the free program put an Intro/end in your video :D
Well :D I cut the intro/end with Lightworks, and is all 720p beautiful  .cool.

Last edited by HitenMitsurugi on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Video information)

front-page - Digital Single - 「Koisuru Universe」 - Page 8 R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:14 am

RFlow

RFlow

Caless Student
Caless Student
OMG that Mami glances give me goosebumps  .love. she looks so mature here!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.