SCANDAL's Radio Appearances
Posted on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:53 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Also been meaning to do this for a while. When possible, I will summarize SCANDAL's radio appearances and post them in this thread!

Here's a summary of their most recent radio appearance when they were on FM802's 「INTRO-JUICE 802」 on August 20th.

In the beginning they talked a bit about their 47 prefecture tour.
Talking about their 47 prefecture tour:
H = HARUNA
M = MAMI
T = TOMOMI
R = RINA
Y = Yuuki Mihara (DJ)

-Y: "You went on your 47 prefecture that spanned March-July with 53 performances. That's really something!"

-H, R, T: "It was so much fun."

-Y: "Were there any interesting things that happened?"

-R: "We're in such a festival mode right now that we can't remember anything (laughs). Seriously, though, it was such a fun tour, but we're in a completely different mode right now."

-T: "Nothing's coming to mind at all!"

-M: "But a lot of things happened."

-H: "Going to eat all the different places was fun. We also had a BBQ."

-R: "We picked up a BBQ set and a takoyaki set so that we can do those at anytime."

-Y: "That's so Kansai-ish!"

-H: "Our staff makes the food and are getting better and better."

The main subject that was talked about during this show was "A scandal seen by a SCANDAL member" with each of the members telling their own stories.
Scandals seen by SCANDAL:

■A scandal seen by HARUNA: MAMI's trouble with falling down■

-H: "MAMI...she falls down often."

-M: "I do."

-H: "It happens during lives too. Not only during this summer, though. She's done it once during a festival, once during a tour finale, twice during this July and August. Rather than falling, it's like she just suddenly falls down with a thud."

-M: "I had reasons for falling down twice this summer. My shoes got caught--my feet got caught on my outfit and I fell down."

-H: "It's because she wears a lot of big, baggy stuff."

-M: "My shoes got caught and I stumbled twice."

-Y: "Can't that be improved?"

-R: "We try to. She'll ask our stylist things like, 'I'll fall down, so please make the hem shorter.'"

-M: "I've asked twice. The first time I asked for it to be cut only 2 cm. Our stylist brought it to me, and I was like, 'It changed so much!' It's better when it's long; it looks nicer on stage. So, it was cut 2 cm and our stylist told me so, but you can't really see a difference of 2 cm. I was thinking, 'I hope I can wear this!'"

-Y: "This has been happening quite a bit recently?"

-H: "Yes, but during our 11 years she's also fallen quite a bit on stairs too. It's normal."

-Y: "I hope you don't get hurt!"

-M: "I'll be okay!"

-Y: "So you have a solution to it?"

-M: "Yes!"

*All laugh*

■A scandal seen by MAMI: MAMI vs. TOMOMI - Our first fight■

-M: "This is the first time we're talking about this. It was about a year ago. The four of us went for drinks by our places, and this was on the way back. HARU and RINA go the same way back, and TOMO and I go the same way. We split off into pairs; one went left and one went right. We were in walking distance to our places, but we were like, 'How about taking a taxi?' HARU and RINA took a taxi, but TOMO said she didn't want to. I don't know why. So we walked. I asked her, 'Do you want to take a taxi?' She said no, so I was like, 'Okay, then we'll walk.' A little after I started walking, I looked behind me and TOMO wasn't there. I was like, 'What's going on?' I walked back and saw her walking sooooo slowly. She was mincing along. Five minutes had passed since we had started walking, and TOMO had only gone about two meters. She was taking reaaally small steps. I wanted to get back home, we had stuff to do the next day, and it was late at night, so in the middle of the street I was like, 'HURRY UP AND WALK!!!'"

-T: "She was like, 'I'm leaving!!'"

-M: "I did say that!"

-T: "In the first place, we had been drinking and my legs were too swollen, like I couldn't move them! I really couldn't move them! For example, even if we're staying at a hotel, after getting back after drinking I want to take a bath, but my legs won't move. But if I don't bathe then I can't sleep. After getting back I'll lay on the bed for like two hours. I'm that kind of type. I can't move my legs. But I don't remember saying that I didn't want to take a taxi."

-M: "It was raining that day. We had our umbrellas up, it was cold, we were wearing coats, and really thick-soled shoes. We were moving along so slowly with our umbrellas up and wearing heavy coats."

-R: "That sounds scary!"

-Y: "What happened in the end? Did you go back together?"

-M: "No. Our staff had also come to drink with us, so they were the ones who took her back."

-Y: "So you left her and went home."

-T: "I slept, and the next day I was like, 'Geez, the two of us were angry at each other yesterday," and laughed. A typical fight."

-M: "This was our very first fight during these 11 years we've known each other!"

■A scandal seen by RINA: A problem with HARUNA's MC!■

-R: "The 4 of us usually all do MCs, but HARU, being our vocalist, does most of them. She's usually always really cool, but sometimes a cute side of her comes out, especially during long tours. We've been a band for 11 years, and it looks like the audience has been catching on recently. Like, there are times when it's like, 'HARU just did something cute!' There are many times she's like, 'It's so exciting! Yay!' and you feel all warm inside. Right at the peak of a show she'll say something like, 'We'll give you our best smiles!' With the pounding of the drums, dropping of the bass, and strumming of the guitars, it's out of place! We can't do anything about it! We're like, 'Ehh!?'"

-M: "When it happens during a good MC, the three of us will usually look around at each other."

-T, R, M: "Like, 'She did it again.'"

-R: "We kind of don't want to get caught up in it!"

-H: "You guys saying this is embarrassing!"

-T, R, M: "It's completely fine, though!"

-R: "It's so cute!"

-T: "We think it's great when it happens."

-Y: "You guys are complimenting her!"

-R: "We are! But it's so out of place!"

-H: "Are you guys really complimenting me?!"

-T: "She'll be saying something cool, and then she'll say something super out of place."

-R: "We can't respond to it!"

-H: "You guys are making me angry!"

-Y: "It's just naturally coming from her heart!"

-H: "That's right!"

■A scandal seen by TOMOMI: RINA's difficulty breathing■

-T: "I'm sure people know this, but RINA's a very serious and very emotional person. She's never been down in the dumps during these 11 years. We get interviewed a lot during times for magazines, TV, etc., such as when we put out a new song or finish a tour. When we talk about new things we're doing, she has so many things she wants to say--like, a surprising amount of words will just spill from her mouth. So, one time she spoke so much and said everything she wanted to say. During it, her breathing--like, we asked her, 'Are you okay?' We were only halfway through the interview. That happens a lot."

-M: "Her breathing after she finishes speaking is pretty crazy."

*Everyone takes large gasps of breath*

-T: "She gets so excited so I get a little worried. I've been worried these past 11 years."

-R: "I'm overflowing with things I want to say!"

-T: "It's okay for her to say them!"

-R: "So, whenever I'm talking, TOMO will be next to me worrying. She watches over me. She's so nice."

-T: "Yeah..."

-Y: "You guys seem close."

-R: "We are."

Each member also chose a song to be played during the show.
SCANDAL's recommended songs:

■TOMO: MONO NO AWARE - "Ido Sodachi"

-T: "It's such a cool song. I originally liked PETROLZ, and early this year they had released a tribute album. They also released an EP this year with MONO NO AWARE on one of the songs. I thought they sounded very interesting and listened to them properly. All of the songs on their album Jinsei, Yama Ari Tani Ari are so different. Each song expands into a mysterious world. They make me excited musically and to be a musician. It makes me want to record like them."

■MAMI: Creepy Nuts - "Hazero!! Feat. MOP of HEAD"

-M: "I learned of Creepy Nuts through the TV show FREESTYLE DUNGEON. The first time I saw them, R-Shitei-san came out as the "Monster" rapper you had to beat. I was interested and started listening to Creepy Nuts. We performed at RISING SUN ROCK FESTIVAL recently, and they were performing on the same day as us. I saw their live and they were so cool! I got to say hi to them. They're so nice."

-Y: "Don't you rap too, MAMI-chan?"

-M: "Ah, yeah, you mean Dobondobondo."

■HARU: Kinoko Teikoku - "Kaijuu no Ude no Naka"

-H: "I got to meet vocalist Chiaki a while ago, and now we've gone out to eat many times. I listen to Kinoko Teikoku songs a lot now. Chiaki's way of speaking, voice, and face are all the type I like in a friend. They have a lot of songs such as sad songs, but they also have ones that'll calm you down or warm you up. I chose a straightforward, gentle song for the listeners."

■RINA: BLUE ENCOUNT - "D.N.K."

-R: "The lyrics talk about not caring what people say."

*All laugh*

-H: "Really?"

-R: "That message really resonates with me."

-T: "It's very emotional. Emotional friends."

-Y: "Emotional friends?"

-R: "No, it's not like that. We'll be playing with them in Osaka on our joint band tour in October. They have many cool songs; singles; and albums, and I'd like to have people listen to them, learn about them, and come out to the show. I chose a song that I like this time. I'm really looking forward to playing a live with them."

-Y: "They're playing in Osaka? How did you decide that?"

-R: "As for the locations, it's Tokyo = UNISON SQUARE GARDEN, Nagoya = 04 Limited Sazabys, and for our hometown of Osaka = BLUE ENCOUNT."

-T: "We thought they might suit Osaka best."

-R: "Osaka's the last stop of the tour; they seem like they could close out the tour best."

-M: "Simply, we've seen them perform at festivals, think they're a really cool band, wanted to perform together with them, and invited them on our tour."

-Y: "This is your first joint band tour. I can't wait!"

-T: "They're currently in production, but the goods for this tour are adorable. It looks the the t-shirts will turn out to be really cute."

Answering questions from fans.
Questions from fans:

-Q: "This summer I quit my job I had for a year and a half. I'm working part-time, but now I have a lot of down time. SCANDAL, what do you do when you have a lot of free time?"

-T: "I've been playing my Nintendo Switch recently. I'm really addicted to it. I play Zelda, Splatoon 2, and Mario Kart. I recommend it. You can carry it around and also plug it into the TV. You can bring it along with you while on the move. You can play it anytime. It makes you want to play it outside of your free time too."

-Y: "It's kind of dangerous! How about HARU-chan?"

-H: "When I truly have free time? I make pickled things (tsukemono)."

-Y: "Last time I thought I heard you knit?"

-H: "I don't knit. You're lying (laughs)! I had said I thought about doing it, but I didn't in the end. I make pickled things. I'll buy a ton of vegetables, and when I have free time I pickle them."

-Y: "What do you pickle?"

-H: "Stuff like kabocha, tiny kabocha. I eat tsukemono when I have meals."

-Q: "I've been playing the bass since high school. Is there anything you're glad to have continued since you were young?"

-R: "I wonder. For me, I keep journals. I had been handwriting them since first grade every day, and when the band formed when I was in middle school, I switched over to writing blogs. I still blog to this day."

-Y: "You are quite devoted to blogging. I read your entries."

-R: "Thanks so much!"

-H: "You keep up your Instagram too."

-R: "That's right. I like leaving behind memories."

-M: "Recently--these past three years I haven't crossed my legs."

-Y: "But wouldn't crossing your legs come naturally?"

-M: "I have stiff shoulders and back. When I went to see a chiropractor they said that crossing your legs wasn't good for you. So, I tried to not do it. I did it for a month or two, and then it came naturally to me. Now it's kind of scary to cross my legs. Like, I wonder if my legs would be okay if I crossed them."

To close it out, Yuuki asked them, "Is there something that makes you glad to be in SCANDAL?"

Closing comments:

-H: "We've been able to do things like tour overseas, which is why we were able to reach our 10th anniversary. We've also held a 47 prefecture tour along, played in all kinds of places. Also, including our toughness; stamina; and mentality, we wouldn't have been able to do this if it wasn't the four of us."

-M: "That's true."

-Y: "That's right; you're all so tough while still being so cute. You'd understand by seeing a live of yours."

-H: "I felt like I was the only one who thought we wouldn't have been able to do this if it wasn't the four of us!"

#front-page #radiosummary

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA 2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館 2012.11.03+04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting 2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR 2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK 2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER 2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL 2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX 2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA 2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA 2016.01.12+13 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016 2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス 2017.07.14+15+17 SCANDAL's 47 Prefecture Tour
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Radio Appearances
Posted on Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:26 am

RandomAsianDude8

Caless Student
Caless Student
Haru's cute side is adorable!  Love

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nerd
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:56 am

Cloud

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks again for the subs, Praise wish it was in time order though
(but.. then again that might make things rather messy)

I'm always amazed and envious of how well they seem to get along

Scared Hello...I'm new here  So.. I'm sry if I said anything I shld'nt have.
Anyway, nice to meet you. ^-^
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:09 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Cloud wrote:wish it was in time order though
(but.. then again that might make things rather messy)

It is in order. The only things that are not in order are the songs.

The entire show is in the same order I laid out in my post: Intro/talking about the 47 prefecture tour, TOMO's song, HARU's and MAMI's stories, MAMI's song, RINA's and TOMO's stories, HARU's song, fan questions, RINA's song, closing comments.

Also, just an FYI for everyone, making actual subtitles for their radio appearances is not something I ever want to do, nor have time to do, especially when they're 30+ minutes long like this one.

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA 2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館 2012.11.03+04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知 2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール 2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014 2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting 2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR 2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK 2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER 2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL 2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX 2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA 2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA 2016.01.12+13 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016 2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス 2017.07.14+15+17 SCANDAL's 47 Prefecture Tour
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:25 am

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Thank you Jade for this. This was a fun read. It's funny to think that this fan is now working part time and Tomo talks about playing her switch in her free time. heheheh

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:01 am

rie_rai_rie

Caless Student
Caless Student
Finally! Translation for their radio appearances! Thanks for the summary !  Praise  I have been waiting for this.  Tears of Joy Happy

CANTA Noise
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:42 am

Cloud

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:It is in order. The only things that are not in order are the songs.

Also, just an FYI for everyone, making actual subtitles for their radio appearances is not something I ever want to do, nor have time to do, especially when they're 30+ minutes long like this one.

Oh.. okay, my apologies Please

^-^ thanks again for all the subs that u have already done

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (7 votes)

Talking about "Koisuru Universe"
Spoiler:
H = HARUNA
R = RINA
S = Sascha (DJ)
A = Ayumi Teraoka (DJ)

S: We haven't seen each other in a while! You celebrated your 10th anniversary!

H: Yes, last year!

S: Actually, you know, I watched one of your old music videos.

H: Eh, you did? So embarrassing!

S: I did!

H: We didn't really put any makeup on.

R: Yeah, we were only high school students.

S: You guys did a lot of things and then celebrated your 10th anniversary. How has it been?

H: After celebrating our 10th anniversary, we released our best album this year and then went on a 47 prefecture tour. We played a lot of lives.

R: We did. It's been a while since we've been on the radio!

S: It's been a while since we've seen each other.

H: We basically played at only summer festivals.

R: It does feel like we've been playing lives all this time.

S: But isn't that great for musicians?

H & R: Yeah! You're right.

S: You'll be releasing a digital-only single in October. What kind of song is it?

R: We aimed at writing a pop-rock song that'd be great for an all-girl band to play live. We were influenced by our joint band tour.

H: It starts tomorrow!

R: We wrote this song wanting to send it out to everyone before this tour.

H & R: We're really excited for the tour.

S: Now's not the time to be saying things like that!

R: It's okay; our rehearsals went perfectly well!

H: We also just recently released the music video for "Koisuru Universe" at 12 pm today. [This show started at 12]

S: Ah, that's right. RINA, TOMO was on on your lap?

R: Yes (laughs).

S: It's both fascinating and cool, but it's also a mystery. Well, I don't want to call it a mystery, but it has an awesome look to it.

R: Yes, it's quite a stimulating video.

H: It looks like it'll get a lot of buzz.

R: It got a lot of buzz right away!

S: Right? There's still buzz 30 minutes later. Those interested, check it out! You can see it on Gyao!.

H: Yes, it was first up on Gyao!.

Talking about German singer Nena + Germany + their joint band tour
Spoiler:
H: This year is Nena's 40th anniversary. She was holding a TV program taping in Germany and invited us. Nena knew about us and likes us.

S: That's surprising!

H: Right?

R: We were so surprised.

S: She invited artists to play at it.

R: Yes, she created this program with artists from different countries like France and England. We never thought SCANDAL from Japan would be one of those artists.

A: You represented Japan!

S: Representing girls! You guys had never sung a Nena song in German, right? So you sang it in Japanese?

H: That's right. German's a very difficult language, and it'd be bad if we were to sing in German and our pronunciation couldn't be understood. So, since we were coming all the way from Japan, we translated the lyrics into Japanese and thought we'd have everyone hear it in Japanese.

R: Nena too was really happy with it. She told us how cool she thought Japanese was.

S: So you sang parts in both German and Japanese.

R: That's right. I'm sure translating it was hard to do.

H: We thought about trying to make it SCANDAL-like. We were kind of worried how it'd translate to German.

S: I really want to see the program! Also, was your trip fun?

R: It was so much fun!

H: We were there for three days and nights.

S: You were in Hamburg?

H & R: We did. It was a lot of fun.

R: We're falling more in love with Germany. We've been there three times, now four times to play lives. We think it has great cities.

S: Any delicious foods?

R: Sausages, which we always eat, and European bread is really good.

S: German bread is world-famous!

H & R: It's really delicious.

R: No matter where you eat it.

S: Those who don't think it's delicious, then please don't eat it. Germany bread was made to be delicious with sausage, ham, and cheese.

H: But the bread itself is plenty delicious.

S: Thanks for saying that.

H: Also, Radler beer is delicious.

S: That's half lemonade, half beer.

H & R : It was delicious.

R: It's really easy to drink.

H: Girls love to drink it.

S: You guys are like locals!

S: After returning from a fantastic performance, they'll now be going on tour. Your tour finally starts tomorrow?

H & R: Yes, that's right.

S: A joint band tour that hits three cities, and tomorrow it'll be at Zepp Tokyo with UNISON SQUARE GARDEN!

H & R: Yes!

S: UNISON and who else?

R: We'll be going to Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka and having UNISON, 04 Limited Sazabys, and BLUE ENCOUNT appear. We think that they're three of the strongest live bands.

S: Oh, acknowledged by SCANDAL!

R: We think they're really cool and invited them.

S: You must be looking forward to seeing all of them.

R: We're really excited. They're our current favorite bands.

S: Koisuru Universe is out on 10/22 and the music video is out now. After your tour you'll be heading towards another new stage. What do you think it'll be?

R: We're recording right now, so it'd be great if we could release another new song. We're writing them now. Because we're a band.

S: Looking forward to the next time we meet! This has been HARUNA and RINA from SCANDAL!

H & R: Thank you so much!

#front-page #radiosummary

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:48 am

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks very much again,it's really cool that you find the time to do all these translations...well done! Happy

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Talking about SCANDAL's and BLUE ENCOUNT's upcoming show in Osaka
Spoiler:
H = HARUNA
R = RINA
S = Shunichi Tanabe, guitarist of BLUE ENCOUNT
O = Ochiken (Kentarou Ochiai, DJ)

S: I feel out of place; why am I here alone!

O: It's like two-on-two today.

S: Yeah, it's really like we've come to a party! We're all good friends.

O: We'll be talking about the Osaka performance of SCANDAL's Joint Band Tour. It's like an emergency meeting. How will you be preparing for your show at Zepp Osaka Bayside? We'll relay why SCANDAL chose BLUE ENCOUNT [will be shortened to "BLUEN" henceforth] to play at this show.

R: We're going to Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka on this tour and having UNISON SQUARE GARDEN, 04 Limited Sazabys, and BLUEN. BLUEN will be playing in Osaka. After we listened to and watched all kinds of bands who play rock, we picked three of the strongest bands and invited them. BLUEN told us right away that they'd want to play, so we assigned them to the Osaka show [HARU giggles]. They're the coolest live band right now.

O: Oooh!

S: Our manager told us about SCANDAL's invite to their tour and heard about the other bands playing at the other shows; we were like, "Why did they choose us?" Like, maybe they thought we sounded good on CDs.

R: We do, but when we saw BLUEN at a festival, we thought you guys were great.

H: We both performed at the same festivals and events last year. BLUEN went almost right after us, which made us really happy. You guys were so cool.

O: They remember. Was it at the Makuhari Messe venue?

R: Yes.

S: We thought SCANDAL was way out of our league. [At one of the events] we wanted to go greet them backstage. We had to change clothes and were in a hurry, ran out of there, and greeted them.

R: After BLUEN played at Budokan and were to release their album, we got to talk to them about how we were looking forward to their songs.

S: I acted all cool and I was like, "Ah, thanks so much! You guys listen to us then?"

R: You were so cool!

S: When I went back into the dressing room I was like, "Yeahhhh!" I didn't plan to talk today about how happy I was; I wanted to say it at the live [in Osaka]. But SCANDAL is in a league of their own, artist-wise as well, and since I thought they were really cool and often listen to their albums [R: That makes me really happy], just them calling out to us made it feel fun. Like, it made me play a better live that day.

O: What's surprising is that SCANDAL is doing their first joint band tour. Why did you decide to do it at this point in time?

R: We looked up to bands like BLUEN, and a lot of rock bands are friends with each other. We had always been jealous of that. We're in our eleventh year, and back when we first started there were hardly any all-girl bands. We really had no friends that could play a joint live with us. We thought the guy bands were cool. So, we finally started getting invited to festivals and are at a point where we can play joint lives with other bands. We wanted to play with our favorite bands.

O: Back then SCANDAL had been alone!

H + R: We really were!

O: But bands like BLUEN are playing joint lives with you. It's like they're senpai/seniors to you.

R: That's right!

S: Not at all!

O: Let's talk about things that are common when doing joint lives.

H + R: We want to hear about them!

H: We came to ask that!

S: You feel jittery before you hit the stage. The better friends you are, the more you feel tense for the show. But it gives you power to play the show.

O: How do you feel when you're invited to play a joint live?

S: We've had a number of experiences with that. The pressure's high. What makes you feel the happiest is feeling connected to the crowd. You don't really know what the crowd will be like.

R: We wanted to make it a bit different for our joint band tour. Half of the crowd will be BLUEN fans, and half will be SCANDAL fans. We modified the ticketing so that it'd be fair.

O: That's awesome!

S: At joint band tours you get to see scenery you haven't seen before. There might be fans of ours there, but it's really different. When you see that, you want to take a new step forward. You're more nervous than when you're doing a solo tour. You don't want to shine brighter than the band that invited you.

O: It's looking like the show on the 22nd at Zepp Osaka Bayside will be great one.

R: We can't wait.

O: We'll play SCANDAL's new song on FM802 for the first time.

H + R: Ah, thank you!

O: The music video's so cool!

R: Thanks so much!

O: Cool and--

R: Stimulating.

H: It mixes the two.

Talking about music they listen to on-the-go
Spoiler:

O: Being rock bands, you're constantly on the go to venues. What music do you listen to while on-the-go? Who wants to go first?

S: How about you, Ochiken? You're busy constantly going between Osaka, Nagoya, etc. for radio.

O: I've been listening to a young British band called RedFaces. They seem like they could be the next White Stripes. Here's their song called "Take It Or Leave It."

H: It sounds cool.

S: The bass is really cool.

H + S: It's cool.

H: This is the first time I've heard of them.

O: It sounds like it could be in a Guy Richie movie. They're still young, in their teens.

H: So young!

O: There isn't much info about them online. How about you girls go next? What song have you been listening to recently, RINA?

R: I've been listening to them for a while. A two-person unit called Sleigh Bells. I really like them and like all of their songs. They're a bit noisy. This song's called "Crown On the Ground" and was used in the opening of the movie The Bling Ring. They're really cool.

H: I chose a pretty old song. It's a Japanese song [not sure what it is since they never mentioned it by name].

O: Oh!

S: Wait a minute!

H: We appeared at this year's Kishidan Banpaku, as did BLUEN, and they did as well. I listened to this song a lot in middle school but hadn't seen it live. My first time hearing and seeing it live was at Kishidan Banpaku. I was really excited and started listening to them again for the first time in forever.

Closing
Spoiler:

They mention how the show in Osaka is sold out, that this 'emergency meeting' was more of them joking around, SCANDAL and BLUEN both have new songs coming out, BLUEN is playing two nights at Namba Hatch, and then go back to the show in Osaka.

R: We want to bring along a nice atmosphere and have our fans intersect. We want to make it a day where our fans become friends with one another.

#front-page

Back to top Go down

SCANDAL @ J-WAVE's 「GROOVE LINE Z」, October 12th
Posted on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:50 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Talking about a ton of different things
Spoiler:
H = HARUNA
M = MAMI
T = TOMOMI
R = RINA
P = Piston Nishizawa (DJ)

*SCANDAL introduces themselves*

P: That's so unenthusiastic!

All: (laughs) But we are enthusiastic!

P: You sounded so flat.

H: Relax, Piston-san!

P: What should I be relaxed about?

H: It's like we're visiting an uncle of ours.

They talk a little bit about HARU's tweet where she mentioned she went out to eat dinner by herself for the first time (H: It's cool, isn't it? / Japanese food tasted delicious after coming back from Germany).

P: You guys seem pretty busy lately!

R: We're super busy (laughs). We're grateful.

P: Where did you go? Germany?

R: We're currently on our joint band tour, and we participated in a TV taping in Germany. We're going to Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka on our tour. We're going to Okinawa tomorrow [for ORANGE RANGE's sponsored festival].

P: Really?

R: We were invited there.

P: Okinawa's hot, isn't it?

All: Right~

P: Rock bands go somewhere new to play a live every day.

R: That is true.

P: Don't your parents worry?

All: Not at all!

P: Really?

R: We've been doing this since we were middle and high schoolers.

P: Are there any rules you have to follow?

R: Not at all. Like, we're of course free to date, since we're musicians.

[The band all starts talking at the same time, making it difficult to hear the part after this]

Piston starts reading things that are written down [on a paper in front of him, perhaps]. He mentions them briefly: HARU running in the Osaka Marathon (P: We're done here.), MAMI and making clothes, TOMO and being obsessed with bouldering recently.

P: That's awesome! Bouldering will be in the Olympics.

T: Bouldering gyms have been popular recently. It's surprisingly not just about power, but you need to used your core too. You need to use your hands and body to grab the next rock.

P: We're done here.

All: (laughs)

P: RINA, you moved recently.

R: I did move.

P: You like movies and The Walking Dead. You treasure it.

R: Treasure it (laughs)? I do like it; I'm currently watching it.

P: You guys are excited now!

R: We are. Thanks.

M: That was pretty short.

P: Eh, what color is your hair?

M: I dyed it pink, but it's faded now. I'll go redye it soon.

P: Ah, okay. I'd love to see that pink hair on stage.

M: I see. I'll be going to Okinawa like this (laughs).

P: Do you consult the members before changing your hair? Like, "Maybe I'll cut my bangs straight across."

R: We do, like what color we'll do next.

P: Ah, I see.

R: I have red hair right now. Red-pink.

H: TOMO's is like that too.

P: Red-pink. Bald.

R: That's right.

T: Piston-san is bald.

P: I'm the only bald one.

Talking about a new album, writing songs, etc.
Spoiler:

Piston talks about can feel the band's growth in "Koisuru Universe," upcoming lives of theirs during the end of the year, and how they went from wearing sailor uniforms to being all-grown up. He also asks if it's hard to take your next step when you're so busy.

R: We're always writing songs while on tour. We're writing songs and lyrics.

P: Is it like homework? Do you write it alone in your rooms?

R: We're always writing on-the-go, or when something pops into our heads.

P: Like tomorrow, will you meet up early and have a meeting?

R: There are times we do that and say we'll make a song, and also times when we'll suddenly come up with something.

P: Is it the same with recording?

R: Ah, it is. We'll LINE each other. Recently we've been putting everything together.

H + M: We make sure to finish it up properly.

R: We finish them punctually.

P: You guys definitely consider this a job.

All: We always do things in that way.

P: It's great when you can make friends at work.

All: (laughs) That's definitely true.

P: So, will you be releasing a new album next year?

R: We're recording now to be able to release it.

P: Ah, you've already started?

R: Yes, we have.

M: Little by little we're recording songs we've finished writing.

P: Do you work on songs without taking a break from writing, or does it vary?

M: It varies, but we all contact each other when we have something. It happens naturally.

H: We're always talking on LINE.

P: I see. That's a good thing, though. It's kind of like that balance would crumble if one of you would be running after love.

R: That's true.

P: But that seems impossible right now.

R: (laughs) You noticing that might make me cry!

P: So, an album next year, and a goal for the band--how many years has it been? You had your major label debut in 2008? It's already almost 10 years.

R: That's right.

All: Next year.

P: After 10 years, will you go on for another 10, 20 years? What's a goal of yours?

R: When we were playing in live houses, we had a dream of playing a solo show at Osaka-Jo Hall. We've gotten to do things like arena tours and remembered that the size of the venue isn't the only thing that's cool. We want to continue to be a band that can play a good live show anywhere, regardless of the size of a venue.

P: For example, what about playing a live on a large boat while it's moving?

All: That sounds awesome!

P: Doesn't that sound interesting?

R: It does. We'd love to do a ton of interesting things.

H: We need to continue on in order to do that.

P: I see. Then please keep on doing what you're doing.

P: Isn't that the best?

R: Yeah, it is.

P: It's not like you're just playing around; music is also a commodity. You need to work hard.

Piston talks about more how he hopes they keep working hard.

P: We listened to "Koisuru Universe" earlier. We'll be playing another song on the radio for the first time.

All: That's right!

P: What kind of song is it?

R: It's a killer love rock-song.

P: Please introduce the song.

H: "Futari" by SCANDAL.

ICYMI:

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Star~world96®

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for the translation. I always get excited when they talk about making new songs/album.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:18 am

Cloud

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks a lot for the subs.

Did they record the 2 radio sessions on the same day?
(I always thought that radio sessions are done live)

Is it me or the 2nd one seem a little awkward... Sweating

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:38 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Cloud wrote:Did they record the 2 radio sessions on the same day?
(I always thought that radio sessions are done live)

Is it me or the 2nd one seem a little awkward... Sweating

Not these two sessions. Take a look at the dates in the pictures and post titles. The first one's from October 10th. The second one's from October 12th.

However, HARU and RINA did record the ROCK KIDS FM802 show on the same day as this other show (they're wearing the same clothes); it was just broadcasted five days later. A lot of radio broadcasts are live, but there are obviously some that are broadcasted at a later date.

About the J-WAVE one, it might read a bit awkward through text but the actual interview itself has a lighthearted, joking tone to it. They were laughing all through it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:13 am

Cloud

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Not these two sessions. Take a look at the dates in the pictures and post titles. The first one's from October 10th. The second one's from October 12th.

However, HARU and RINA did record the ROCK KIDS FM802 show on the same day as this other show (they're wearing the same clothes); it was just broadcasted five days later. A lot of radio broadcasts are live, but there are obviously some that are broadcasted at a later date.

About the J-WAVE one, it might read a bit awkward through text but the actual interview itself has a lighthearted, joking tone to it. They were laughing all through it.

Ahh... okay.. thanks for always replying to my questions Clap

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL's performance of "LOVE SURVIVE" from the Zepp Nagoya performance of SCANDAL's Joint Band Tour can be heard from 4:27.

Interview with HARU + MAMI, GEN + KOUHEI from 04 Limited Sazabys, DJ Kan Arato
Spoiler:
-The interview takes place right after the show ended. GEN says that they really enjoyed seeing SCANDAL live. HARU mentions that GEN's MC made her really happy and that the two bands have gotten close recently within the past week or two. They say that they had only really casually greeted each other before that. HARU then says that after October began they started talking to each other more to get excited for the show, and that their impression of them changed a bit.

-Kan mentions that he didn't know that HARU and MAMI are from Nagoya. HARU mentions that the band formed in Osaka. GEN says that they're deliquents of Aichi; HARU laughs and says to cut it out.

-Kan asks if it felt like a live where it's like they were acquaintences who met up for the first time. They say they think so, and HARU says, "We think 04Lim's really cool and we've caught their live show a few times at many festivals, we wanted to play a live with them one day." GEN also mentions that they went to Tokyo to see that performance of the joint band tour.

-Kan reiterates that the bands they chose were ones that they thought were cool, and asks HARU what she thinks of 04Lim. He says, "Weren't they awesome?" HARU laughs and says, "They were! Truly. I'm glad we were able to do this."

-Kan talks about how they just released their "Koisuru Universe" single. GEN says that it's really cool. Kan says that the recorded version and the live version of the song really differs from each other--he says, "It made me think that you guys really are a live band." HARU says that they wrote it for this tour, so she's happy that he said that.

-Kan mentions BEST Xmas and that they'll be performing at MERRY ROCK in Nagoya, and GEN comments that it looks like they'll be busy during Christmas time. HARU says, "We have MERRY ROCK on 12/23, BEST Xmas on 12/24. Two back-to-back lives." Kan says he's looking forward to it, and that 04Lim is also appearing at MERRY ROCK.

-MAMI mentions that she wants to play at YON FES, a festival sponsored by 04Lim in Nagoya, one day. They laugh and say that they'd want them to appear. Kan says, "Are you guys just playing around backstage?" GEN says yes and KOUHEI jokes that they had messed up the dressing rooms. Kan asks them if they're serious, and they laugh and say they were just kidding.

#front-page

Back to top Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Theme: "A playlist you want to listen to when you're in love"

Spoiler:

H: We released our digital-only single Koisuru Universe and tried picking out songs in regards to that. Did you guys have trouble picking them?

T: Well, a playlist is a playlist; you can choose a lot of songs. We chose songs that we've liked recently.

H: We chose ones from a while back too.

R: We decided on them by consulting with each other in our LINE group message.

H: So, for this edition of LOVE CONNECTION's This Is My Playlist, we'll be playing the three songs we've chosen for SCANDAL's "Playlist you want to listen to when you're in love." The first song is one that TOMOMI has been listening to recently.

T: It's kind of a story about fantasizing a girl you like but don't really know yet. Fantasizing is a cute, very human-like thing to do. The melody's very light and it's kind of like soliloquy--like, the voice of your heart is coming out. It's a song where the melody and lyrics make you feel like, "Ah, this is love."

H: Let's have everyone listen to it right away: andymori - "Kanojo" (She) [Listen to a cover of it]

H: We had everyone listen to the first song, andymori - "Kanojo."

All: His voice is so smooth!

M: It makes your heart skip a beat.

H: Here's the second song: Namie Amuro - "TRY ME 〜Watashi wo Shinjite〜" (Believe In Me)

H: The second song was Namie Amuro - "TRY ME 〜Watashi wo Shinjite〜".

R: It's so hot!

H: It's so upbeat. Making this #2 in a "A playlist you want to listen to when you're in love" suddenly makes it more of an extra edition. I wanted to be a singer because of Namie Amuro; I thought she was so cool. She recently announced that she will be retiring, which made me want to go back and listen to her older songs. It's a very upbeat song but is actually about a one-sided love.

R: It's cool that there's a disconnect between the tempo and the lyrics. I want to go to her tour!

All: I want to go too!

R: I'm sure every Japanese person does too!

T: She uses so much girl power!

R: It's like, "Thank you so much for being a singer."

H: She's so cool.

R: Yeah, totally.

H: All right, here's the third song: 04 Limited Sazabys - "Monolith"

H: The third song was 04 Limited Sazabys - "Monolith."

R: So cool! It was awesome hearing it live.

M: It was.

R: It ends with the lyrics "I wish for nothing except you" and "I don't need anything except you." It'd make you happy if someone thought of you like that.

H: You'd want to listen to it when you're in love; like you'd go with the person you love to a live show--

R, M, T: Ah, that'd be so nice!

R: A date where you go to a live--I really want that!

M, T: I really want that too!

R: Our delusions are firing us up!

H: This was SCANDAL's "Playlist you want to listen to when you're in love."

R: It was so much fun!

H, M, T: Right?

R: We wanted to send out good songs together with a good love.

H: Keep enjoying your lunchtime! This has been SCANDAL.

All: Bye bye!

#front-page

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/MitchanAnni
I love their radio shows so much Love 
Thank you Jade for translations~ Praise

Tears of Joy 
Back to top Go down