Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:46 pm

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm with you Don. I love the look of the vid, but the director is in love with Haruna (who can blame him, she's never looked hotter). We needed a few more shots of Tomo and Rina.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:47 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If most of the songs have a punkish appeal then i will definitely love the new album. Looking great so far with Koisuru, Futari and Platform. Video looks great too though i'm really not concerned with their MVs, they can do whatever they want on MVs, what's important is they keep making great music.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:10 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Platform Syndrome is definitely their "punkiest" song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:39 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
I still haven't said a word about this album, so I'll summarize it.

Covers: amazing. Really well-done. I feel like their definition of "SCANDAL" was finally upgraded to fit what the audience would relate to the word "scandal" itself. Very spicy and provoking, but with some class and a strong personality (totally different from what happened with that "BESTSCANDAL" photobook, which for me it was a big mistake with the only purpose of making the girls look like sexual objects).

Tracklist: I actually prefer shorter albums. The probability of having fillers songs falls quite a lot. On "YELLOW", for example, I can't even remember the last time I listened to "Happy Birthday", "LOVE" and "Konya wa Pizza Party". And please, don't get me wrong, I'm saying these songs sound like fillers to me, so feel free to disagree (PS.: "YELLOW" is still one of my favorite albums of them and one of I have listened the most). I'm quite happy that "Futari" is in the tracklist because it's my favorite song of this era so far, I was almost praying for this to happen.

"Plataform Syndrome" (music and video): when I first listened to it on the band's instastories, the intro immediately reminded me of ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION's "After Dark". But I'm not into the song/video that much. It's exactly what happens to me with "Koisuru Universe". It took me a while to really enjoy the song. And that's it, even now I just enjoy "Koisuru". I mean, I know this is exactly what most of the fanbase wants them to do, but (or because of it) I'm kinda underwhelmed. I love when they break the expectations (I was kinda "shocked", in a very good way, when the covers were released, because I wasn't expecting for something like this and with this quality). So, I'm hoping the full album will make it better for me.

Last edited by Liokt on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:44 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Liokt wrote:On "YELLOW", for example, I can't even remember the last time I listened to "Happy Birthday", "LOVE" and "Konya wa Pizza Party". 

Hey, I always skip those same 3 songs when I listen to YELLOW!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Lol. Happy Birthday sure I seldom listen to. But Love. That song is love. Why would you not want to listen to it? And Konya wa Pizza Party too is a very good song. And it's Tomomi's singing another reason to listen more.

Well maybe that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
Osakashnaide wrote:Lol. Happy Birthday sure I seldom listen to. But Love. That song is love. Why would you not want to listen to it? And Konya wa Pizza Party too is a very good song. And it's Tomomi's singing another reason to listen more.

Well maybe that's just me.

That's all fine to disagree, friend. I love TIMO singing too, "LIFE IS A JOURNEY" is one of my all-time favorites. I think it has more something to do with the song's mood. And I praise "LOVE" for being their first reggae tune, but for me it lacks something. Therefore, I'm looking forward to "Mado wo Aketara" as well, 'cause there's TIMO on the spotlight again, and she always brings interesting things to her songs (even if they don't turn out as my favorites ones, like "LOVE" and "Konya wa Pizza Party").

Last edited by Liokt on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I guess it's just preference. Haha. The one song I almost never listen too in Yellow is Heaven na Kibun, which turned out to be a song many people like, but I don't. At least not that much. Even Scandal say that that song is not meant to fit the mood of the album at all.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like Heaven na Kibun and I agree that it doesn't fit, would probably fit Honey much better!

Happy Birthday, Love and Konya wa Pizza Party are just not my thing. I don't think they're bad, just never feel like listening to them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Osakashnaide wrote:The one song I almost never listen too in Yellow is Heaven na Kibun, which turned out to be a song many people like, but I don't. At least not that much. Even Scandal say that that song is not meant to fit the mood of the album at all.

Same; that's the one SCANDAL song that I dislike and honestly cannot stand listening to lol.

Anyway, discussions are kind of getting off-topic now. Can we bring them back around to HONEY? Please and thanks.

Edit: Really, guys. I'm going to delete posts from here on that are not on topic.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:23 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Okay back on topic to be on topic...

I finally realized the other day that on one of the covers they are all in a bathtub.

That's it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I only noticed that after seeing this tweet:

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 Timo10

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:06 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Don Dio wrote:
I finally realized the other day that on one of the covers they are all in a bathtub.

That's it.
lol..but how about this?

It just hit me that Tomomi is not wearing a hat this time for the album covers, like in... a LOOONG time. Hypnotized

@Tuba
it took me a whole day to realized what Tomomi's 3 emojis meant.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Star~world96®️ wrote:
It just hit me that Tomomi is not wearing a hat this time for the album covers, like in... a LOOONG time. Hypnotized

wow, went to see all main covers, last four she used a hat, first three she didn't, never noticed.
what does this mean? They going back to the roots.
3 hats, 1 crown, 4 naked, total = 8. 
what's 8 - (1+4)?
Exactly
Playboy part 3 confirmed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:14 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
When I first listened to the the radio rip, I knew I'd like "Platform Syndrome" with its fast pace. The more I listen to it the better it gets, especially the chorus and the end part (idk if I can call that the bridge of the song).  .happy.

As for Haruna's singing to sound like it's too high (for her voice range), I guess she can pull it off in the live. The live could be better, as with "Take Me Out". It's true though that both Haruna and Tomomi's voices are getting higher as they age, but with SCANDAL's live in Germany, I think Haruna can sing on the lower range, if the term I used is right. For me, I think they are trying new things, and one of that is Haruna singing at a higher range (Take Me Out and Koisuru), or use falsetto (as with LOVE ME DO). I wish they would try to have Haruna and Tomomi sing together in a song again, but I think the chances will be low.

As for the MV, I really like it. It's cool and suits the song well, but the amount of screen time for Tomomi is really low... I don't know if that is in the hands of the video editor or director. Haruna obviously has the higher screen time because she's the one singing. As for Mami and Rina... Well, they seem to have a decent amount of screen time.

I can't wait for February 14 too, as this album is very promising with the songs we have already heard.  Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
If anyone is curious, JPU Records made it official that there will be an european release of "HONEY" and it will be released on March 2nd.
The cd will come with an additional booklet featuring English lyric translations and transliterations. CD + t-shirt edition will be limited to 200 copies and it'll including a t-shirt (available in sizes XS–XXL for the first time) and guitar plectrum.

http://www.jpurecords.com/scandal-honey/

Back to top Go down

『HONEY』 First Press Bonuses
Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:28 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

First press bonuses for 『HONEY』:

■Stores supporting SCANDAL・・・Original poster A (B2 size) if ordering from these stores (CD Japan is included)
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 7CegVxz

■Amazon.co.jp・・・Original poster B (B3 size)
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 XtATZqA

■Sony Music Shop・・・Original clear file
(https://www.sonymusicshop.jp/m/arti/artiItm.php?site=S&cd=70005130)
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 6HM54Ea

■TOWER RECORDS, all stores (including online / excluding select stores)・・・Original clear file feat. HARUNA
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 K21cyfQ

■HMV, all stores (including Lawson Ticket HMV / excluding select stores)・・・Original clear file feat. RINA
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 7XyYByi

■TSUTAYA RECORDS (Excluding select stores)/ TSUTAYA Online Shopping (must pre-order)・・・Original clear file feat. MAMI
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 2gzWvJq

■Shinseido/WonderGOO, all stores (Excluding select stores), and Shinseido/WonderGOO Online・・・Original clear file feat. TOMOMI
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 Kmx2VfZ

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:08 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For whatever reason the sample photos disappeared on their website, so there might be changes.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:50 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
wildthing wrote:For whatever reason the sample photos disappeared on their website, so there might be changes.

They probably took them down only to fix HARU's picture on her file, which is currently is upside-down.

A similar thing happened when TOMO's signature was originally upside-down on her HELLO WORLD file when the first sample pictures were posted. All of them were taken down not too long after they were initially posted and then reposted a little while later, with the only change being TOMO's signature flipped right-side up.

Edit on 1/30: The pictures are back up. The only thing they changed was the placement of the watermarks on the 5 files. Wonder why HARU wasn't flipped right-side up after all lol

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 SCANDAL_clearfile_sample_01_H1 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 SCANDAL_clearfile_sample_03_H1 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 SCANDAL_clearfile_sample_02_H1 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 SCANDAL_clearfile_sample_04_H1 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 SCANDAL_clearfile_sample_05_H1

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
just preordered mine! (dvd edition via cdjapan) and european version on jpu to get an XL t shirt!! 

super excited. As usual, a little bummed about missing out on all the clear files and amazon poster but so be it

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:35 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
A little question to EUROPEAN fans (italy-spain)
Is possible to find Honey or any scandal cd in physical stores?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -

joameba wrote:A little question to EUROPEAN fans (italy-spain)
Is possible to find Honey or any scandal cd in physical stores?

I am from the UK, and we get the JPU releases of SCANDAL in major music retailers even in cities outside London, although few and far between. I won’t be able to see a SCANDAL CD on the shelf at the mo, but you’ll get to see a few about the time a new CD is out. As JPU’s releases include Europe, I’d guess you get to physically buy them instore in European cities as well, esp when HONEY comes out.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

The March issue of GiGS has the band score as well as lyrics for "Electric Girl." I've done a translation in case anyone's interested in reading it:

Spoiler:

Also, here's some info about the new songs that were mentioned in the March issue of Go!Go!GUITAR (full translation coming soon):

-"Oh! No!" features vocals by MAMI
-"Midnight City" features verses sung by RINA, choruses sung by HARUNA
-"Mado wo Aketara" is the 'oldest' song on the album (written before YELLOW)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:19 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
wildthing wrote:For whatever reason the sample photos disappeared on their website, so there might be changes.

They probably took them down only to fix HARU's picture on her file, which is currently is upside-down.

A similar thing happened when TOMO's signature was originally upside-down on her HELLO WORLD file when the first sample pictures were posted. All of them were taken down not too long after they were initially posted and then reposted a little while later, with the only change being TOMO's signature flipped right-side up.

Edit on 1/30: The pictures are back up. The only thing they changed was the placement of the watermarks on the 5 files. Wonder why HARU wasn't flipped right-side up after all lol

For me the Haruna photo it was its was never wrong way round, look at the orientation of the teapot etc, it would look odd if you flip it 180, Haruna is draped down and tilt of her head and her line of sight is correct. Cameraman would of had to learn the camera at a crazy angle if it was the other way Happy

These photos are now, up on Sony Music/Tower and HMV, HMV previously had the old photo and has since updated their website as well.

(Seems whoever is doing the new PR seems to keep making minor mistakes, recently typos and getting dates wrong and what not. Too much going on or out of resources...)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
wildthing wrote:For me the Haruna photo it was its was never wrong way round, look at the orientation of the teapot etc, it would look odd if you flip it 180, Haruna is draped down and tilt of her head and her line of sight is correct.

But HARU's promo picture has always been featured in this orientation from the start:

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 8 Uc5GY6U

Which made it seem like that was the "correct" orientation they were always going to stick with for her picture. Her bio picture on their official site has that same orientation. That's why I said the file picture is "upside-down."

Even if the file picture technically features the angle it was actually shot from, it just seems out of place to suddenly decide to change the orientation from what's it's always been, and it also throws off the visual equilibrium in regards to the other files.

In other news, it looks like the full, HD version of the "Platform Syndrome" PV will be on TV for the first time when SPACE SHOWER airs 「NEW CUTS」 on 2/1.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.