Go down

8th Album - 『HONEY』 [Page 11 of 17]

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:17 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I can hear a Negoto heavy track in one of these three songs. Although it's sung by Haruna, but Tomomi is all over my head! I think I will listen to it over and over again when I get my copy of the CD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:40 am

astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
Short Short is so freakin good guys holy hell.

The earlier songs reminded me of my high school pop punk days whereas short short and mado wo aketara is my college days when i got into shoegaze and dream pop.

Im so happy with how this album turned out. They have so many genres under their belt now that its fun guessing where theyll go next. A little sad we dont get a Tomomi led song or a Haruna written song, but hey! Theres always next time! I have a feeling theyre going to be releasing more one off songs now that theyre dabbling with digital releases and streaming music more.

Last edited by astoriasky on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 am

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
From these 3 newly revealed, my favorite is Mado wo Aketara. Funny because I (actually, most people, I think) expected hearing Tomomi singing the song but it's actually Haruna singing. Midnight City also surprised me positively cause I wasn't a big fan of previous songs where Rina sings but I liked this one. Short Short is the only one that still sounds a bit meh to me but I know it'll grow on me.
On the album itself, well, turns out the singles (Koisuru Universe and Platform Syndrome) were the weakest tracks. Not saying they are bad songs, just saying the non-single ones are, for the most part, even better.
My favorite track overall is probably Electric Girl. Praise Tomomi's bass lines. Also, Haruna's voice. Not just on this song but on the album as a whole, her singing is on point. Sure, she may not sound the same as she used to but her voice is still the element that makes me like this band's music so much.

Concluding, it's a very solid album. There's not a single song I disliked though there's also not many songs for me that shine as much as some of their older songs. I rank it as their 4th best, tied with Hello World.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Mado wo Aketara is the outsider of the full album and it will stand out during the listening for sure. It doesn't mean that it's a bad track tho, just a change of mood.
Midnight City was a nice surprise, love the vibe it gaves straight by the beginning.
Short Short needed to be a slower track, it was needed in between all this rock tunes. Not your regular ballad, but it's a nice "chill out" tune.

It's too early to rank this album with the others, everything can change after listening to the full cd, but it's definitly a solid release filled with tracks that will surely become some of my favourites.

Back to top Go down

『HONEY』 Trailer
Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

A trailer for HONEY featuring clips of all of the album songs has been uploaded to SCANDAL's YouTube:

Here are translations of the few lyrics in the video:

Oh! No!:
If the world were to end tomorrow, ____ right now
*Not enough lyrics were given to fill in the blanks. 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f61d

Short Short:
I want to search for love
While hoping that spring continues on further

Mado wo Aketara:
Nights like these always come around with no reason
The moon drops a single tear in an empty gap

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:34 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Full Oh! No! is up:

Mod edit: For worldwide viewing:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:48 am

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mado wo Aketara a really nice surprise! I love it!

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:01 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
temp23 wrote:From these 3 newly revealed, my favorite is Mado wo Aketara. Funny because I (actually, most people, I think) expected hearing Tomomi singing the song but it's actually Haruna singing. Midnight City also surprised me positively cause I wasn't a big fan of previous songs where Rina sings but I liked this one. Short Short is the only one that still sounds a bit meh to me but I know it'll grow on me.
On the album itself, well, turns out the singles (Koisuru Universe and Platform Syndrome) were the weakest tracks. Not saying they are bad songs, just saying the non-single ones are, for the most part, even better.
My favorite track overall is probably Electric Girl. Praise Tomomi's bass lines. Also, Haruna's voice. Not just on this song but on the album as a whole, her singing is on point. Sure, she may not sound the same as she used to but her voice is still the element that makes me like this band's music so much.

Concluding, it's a very solid album. There's not a single song I disliked though there's also not many songs for me that shine as much as some of their older songs. I rank it as their 4th best, tied with Hello World.

Take Me Out is also in the album, we've been hearing it for almost 2 years so it doesn't have the novelty of the other songs but it's still my favorite in Honey.

These last 3 songs were a nice surprise, they give the album a good balance, I was starting to get worried that all songs would be fast paced. 
Kinda sad that Tomomi is not singing in this one but on the other hand, Mami and Rina fit perfectly in Oh No and Midnight City.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:25 am

amirulidham84

Caless Student
Caless Student
So, Oh No! is Mami's solo song, Midnight City is Rina's solo song & Mado wo Aketara is Tomomi's solo?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:33 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
amirulidham84 wrote:Midnight City is Rina's solo song & Mado wo Aketara is Tomomi's solo?

Not quite. "Midnight City" features both RINA (verses) and HARU (chorus) on vocals (it's mentioned here). "Mado wo Aketara" features HARU on main vocals.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Midnight city was a nice surprise! First good Rina song (don't hit me)
Can't stop listening Oh! No!, contender with Koisuru for best song of the album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:44 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think Electric Girl would be my favorite in this album, followed by Over. Or it could be Over, followed by Electric Girl. As for Mami's Oh no, though it's not bad, I would rate it as the least I like of Mami's song. Koe, Shoujo M, and Standard; for me were the best of Mami's.

There's like? 2 seconds of Midnight city for me to have a proper opinion of it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
wasn't feeling the 3 songs when I first to the clips on the album trailer, but after listening to the radio rips, i realized how good these are. I especially liked Short short, very dream like and fluffy- like cotton candy. And Haru falsetto voice is bliss .love.

Mado wo Aketara is very groovy and chill and sexy sounding. Haru sounds really great. Seems like Tomomi likes to make romantic chill out mix genre love songs, like with Love, but instead of reaggae, now we got RnB!

Midnight City is cool, I love the disco rock vibe. Its finally a Rina song a liked at first full listen lol

Looking forward to this album release, every song sounds great. I also cant wait to read these lyrics.

@thoseguiltyeyes
is there any way we get a longer version of Midnight City, it only 2 sec for the world wide vid(had to hear the vid using a VPN on youtube )

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:07 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Star~world96®️ wrote:is there any way we get a longer version of Midnight City, it only 2 sec for the world wide vid(had to hear the vid using a VPN on youtube )

Hm, I guess it didn't rip correctly. I didn't check it because I'm choosing to not listen to these songs just yet lol. Anyway, here it is re-ripped and reupped, and hopefully it's the full version this time:

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 am

amirulidham84

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
amirulidham84 wrote:Midnight City is Rina's solo song & Mado wo Aketara is Tomomi's solo?

Not quite. "Midnight City" features both RINA (verses) and HARU (chorus) on vocals (it's mentioned here). "Mado wo Aketara" features HARU on main vocals.

No Tomomi's solo song?  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:06 am

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
Tuba wrote:
Take Me Out is also in the album, we've been hearing it for almost 2 years so it doesn't have the novelty of the other songs but it's still my favorite in Honey.

These last 3 songs were a nice surprise, they give the album a good balance, I was starting to get worried that all songs would be fast paced. 
Kinda sad that Tomomi is not singing in this one but on the other hand, Mami and Rina fit perfectly in Oh No and Midnight City.

Take Me Out is one of my favorite songs from them but I still can't see it as part of this album. I always listen to Take Me Out together with the songs from Yellow in my playlist and that's what I'll probably keep doing.
This album still has 9 good songs to listen to. Considering I had to remove or replace ~5 songs from Yellow on my playlist, I'd say it's a big improvement.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:47 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
amirulidham84 wrote:No Tomomi's solo song?  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d

Not this time.

You can confirm this for yourself by listening to the album trailer to hear short clips of the entire album, or by listening to the full radio rips of each new song:

-OVER

-Oh! No! + Electric Girl

-Mado wo Aketara + Short Short + Midnight City

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:18 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Mado wo Aketara is a VERY interesting song! It's refreshing to listen to an R&B song by SCANDAL.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 pm

amirulidham84

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
amirulidham84 wrote:No Tomomi's solo song?  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d  8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 1f62d

Not this time.

You can confirm this for yourself by listening to the album trailer to hear short clips of the entire album, or by listening to the full radio rips of each new song:

-OVER

-Oh! No! + Electric Girl

-Mado wo Aketara + Short Short + Midnight City
So sad that Tomo didn't have any solo song. But overall, the album sounds good. Can't wait to get the album. Thank you for all the info

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
Tuba wrote:
Take Me Out is also in the album, we've been hearing it for almost 2 years so it doesn't have the novelty of the other songs but it's still my favorite in Honey. Kinda sad that Tomomi is not singing in this one but on the other hand, Mami and Rina fit perfectly in Oh No and Midnight City.

Same thoughts here. Hello (from their self-titled album) would be a better fit for this album to blend in songs like Short Short. 

It would have been epic if Tomomi who sang Mado wo Aketara, minus her trademark cat-like voice. 

Correct me if I am wrong, did Tomomi sing the chorus of Mado? I dunno but for me, the vocals have different pitch, similar to the likes of Cathy Dennis.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 pm

otaku_san

otaku_san

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ahh All the songs are so good~ 
Especially the fast paced songs! Having mami and rina on vocals is too good! .clap.
Its a shame Tomomi doesn't sing at all in the album. .waaa.

WITHOUT MY GUITAR,I CAN'T LIVE ON ~ MAMI SASAZAKI
8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 Jzp77Op
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:43 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Mado wo Aketara is slowly becoming my favorite song on the album

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:29 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
8 hours and a bit left before it is out on iTunes JP.

I know all the tracks are accounted for (thanks to the radio rips), and iTunes ain’t as great sounding as listening to a CD on a hi-fi set (yes, I am from the 20th century) but pretty excited listening to the whole album “properly”.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
Short Short sounds like a nod to the late Dolores O'Riordan.

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:51 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
As it's past midnight on 12 Feb in Japan right now - I have listened to the entire album in one shot on my iTunes.

I know this is stating the obvious, but it feels short!

Grin

8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 11 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum