thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 LtpU5nz

―Do you regularly wear jeans?

HARUNA: I always wear jeans throughout the year, but since I rarely come across ones that fit my height and size, if I do find some I'll keep wearing them. It's good to have your style come out more and more. For today's outfits we all chose to wear skinny jeans.

MAMI: Wide jeans have come back into fashion recently, so I'm wearing one that's half-skinny, half-wide.

―You're wearing matching outfits today, aren't you?

RINA: Lately, we've been wearing matching things again for our live outfits. We have a bit of a "matching trend" among ourselves. Today, we're all wearing Champion hoodies in a larger size. A dusty yellow that's dulled nicely and and our familiarity with jeans are also nice. Yellow has a strong TOMOMI-like image to it.

TOMOMI: It got me pumped up today (laughs).

―You collaborated with AMIAYA for your new album's artwork.

RINA: We gave the album the title of 『HONEY』, which is from us completing a girls' rock album with sweetness and thorns. We thought that that world view and the fashion that AMIAYA-chan dispatches were really linked together.

TOMOMI: We often hang out with AMIAYA on our off-time as well and all go to the exhibitions of the brand the girls are working for. We were able to make something nice with our good friends!

―The title is 『HONEY』, but it has fairly bitter content from the first song.

RINA: It's an album where opposite counterparts like <sweetness and thorns> and <kindness and sharpness> live together. For rock from an all-girl rock band, one of the interesting things is that it has both cuteness and coolness.

HARUNA: I think we were able to make a very rock-like album that isn't just sweet.

RINA: Having our major label debut 10 years ago, we felt that we've been a band a while, and once more we worked in a mode of wanting to make something cool that had momentum to it.

HARUNA: We celebrated our 10th anniversary and made another debut album―this is an album we were able to make with those kinds of feelings.

TOMOMI: We had been making singles at a very high pace of 3-4 a year so far, but this time we had a CD release for the first time in a year.

MAMI: But since we were writing songs during our 「47 Prefecture Tour」 and 「Joint Band Tour」, it really feels like we ran through it in no time. We also had a high-power output, and while in the middle of playing a live, we also felt that we wanted songs like that. As for our Joint Band Tour, we again felt that where we stand is where an all-girl band should be, so we made that into a song.

HARUNA: 2017 was a year where I confronted singing. There were various ways I could sing, to the extent to make you wonder who's singing during the album's 10 songs, so I'm happy that we were able to complete this album.

―You'll be touring soon after the album's out.

TOMOMI: As it's our first hall tour in a while, there are more things we can do production-wise, and it's a different kind of fun from live houses.

RINA: We feel very accomplished by completing this album, and since we too get excited by thinking about how we'll feel different from now once we go on tour in support of an album, we would like you to experience it live together with us.

MAMI: We're very satisfied that we made a very impulsive piece. We want everyone to listen to it soon and tell us their thoughts and opinions.

HARUNA: It became an album that was able to exceed our image. With this work, we want those who listen to SCANDAL, first-time listeners included, to be able to really enjoy this album and experience a new us again. By all means, please come out to our tour as well.

PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 ZuWUIfD
PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 TtPVOZI
PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 VyxE81K
PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 NSoKSCi
PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 T8Ppt6C

PLAY JEANS - Right-on × HMV Collaboration, vol.36 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for the translation
Their description of the album makes me even more excited for it .clap.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer

HARUNA: 2017 was a year where I confronted singing. There were various ways I could sing, to the extent to make you wonder who's singing during the album's 10 songs, so I'm happy that we were able to complete this album.

Haruna must have been secretly reading this forum since "Yellow" came out.  "Is that Haruna singing?" (or something to that effect) may be one of the more common responses with each new song they release.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.