You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part)
Posted Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:10 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

This is my annotation for the rhythm guitar/HARUNA part for OVER. The chords are pretty easy IMHO - so I hope you'll enjoy playing this.

Standard tuning.

OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part) Screen_Shot_2018-02-18_at_13.00.35
OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part) Screen_Shot_2018-02-18_at_13.00.54
OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part) Screen_Shot_2018-02-18_at_13.01.17

You can listen to how I play a rough cover of OVER on my SOUNDCLOUD:

https://soundcloud.com/maharizm/over-kaba-rough-22022018-0535

Note:
1. For the intro, I'd play barre versions of annotated chords.
2. I am working on MAMI's part but I'm no use at all in doing tabs! So, if someone else is kind enough to do one... ganbare!

UPDATE - as you can hear on the Soundcloud audio link provided above, I've got the MAMI guitar part down. As I said earlier, I didn't physically transcribe it down to paper because doing tabs is mendokusai.

Tone-wise, you can pull it off even with a guitar w/ single coil pickups, plugged to a wah and a delay/reverb for the solo, and onto an amp with the gain up about 40-50% on the crunch channel.

Technique: the octaves are pretty repetitive (it is MAMI's part), some arpeggiating of the transcribed chords for the first verse, and I just love the way the chords are played at 1:52 - 2:10.

The MAMI part I played is clearly audible on the right channel.

Last edited by kudo_maharizu on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:19 pm; edited 4 times in total

OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part) SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

harukang1994

Caless Student
Caless Student
thank you so much!i just finding it now.i will play it as i can.

Back to top Go down

Re: OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part)
Posted Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 am

xMamix

xMamix

Caless Student
Caless Student
wow... awesome!! thanks

MAIN: MAMI & RINA
GEARS: FENDER Deluxe Roadhouse 2014 | Korg AX3000G | LINE6 SPIDER IV 15
Back to top Go down
paperplane

paperplane

Caless Student
Caless Student
Very nice cover! Sounds like you got all the lead parts down. Lots of cool stuff to play in the verses.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:21 am

mirai

mirai

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you! I've been waiting since Honey came out for chords/tabs of Over, thanks so much!

OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part) Scanda11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
For those who are keen on getting the more 'correct' transcription for OVER, head down to Amazon JP and pre-order the April 2018 ish of Go!Go! GUITAR:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07989QN45/

I find it interesting/annoying that the band score book that SCANDAL releases with every album is not happening (yet) atm.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down
mirai

mirai

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:For those who are keen on getting the more 'correct' transcription for OVER, head down to Amazon JP and pre-order the April 2018 ish of Go!Go! GUITAR:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07989QN45/

I find it interesting/annoying that the band score book that SCANDAL releases with every album is not happening (yet) atm.
Will the tabs be posted here once the April issue is released? I can't get it unfortunately :/

OVER (chords for HARUNA's rhythm guitar part) Scanda11
Back to top Go down
kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
mirai wrote:Will the tabs be posted here once the April issue is released? I can't get it unfortunately :/

Not too sure where SH stands with scanning a published piece from a magazine. I know we have pictures scanned from magazines in this forum, but thus far, no one has ever scanned music notation on SH - from either the official band score books from the albums they released or guitar magazines.

UPDATE: Band score book will be out March 23. You can pre-order on AMAZON JP -
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4636953460/

Back to top Go down
TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hey there!  .smile. Thank you so much for the chords~ I was able to make an acoustic cover and uploaded it in my soundcloud account.  .clap.

If you like, you can listen to it hereLOVE I slowed down the rhythm to make it sound more heartbreaking than it ever was before.  .hora. Enjoy listening~

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:46 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
TheMoonlightSakura wrote:
If you like, you can listen to it hereLOVE I slowed down the rhythm to make it sound more heartbreaking than it ever was before.  .hora. Enjoy listening~

I like how you change the tempo to the song. It sounds a bit more sombre, as you say.

Just one thing - I think your guitar needs tuning, sounds a bit off. Because your voice is nice, it's a pity if the guitar tuning is out.

Great effort, otherwise.

Good work

Back to top Go down
TheMoonlightSakura

TheMoonlightSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:
TheMoonlightSakura wrote:

I like how you change the tempo to the song. It sounds a bit more sombre, as you say.

Just one thing - I think your guitar needs tuning, sounds a bit off. Because your voice is nice, it's a pity if the guitar tuning is out.

Great effort, otherwise.

Good work

Hey, thanks so much for the compliment! Yeah, I really need to tune my guitar better. I don't have much experience in tuning my acoustic guitar but I'll work on it some more. :-D

Once again, thank you!  .smile.

I'll never see you again
But the day I'll be able to forget you will never come
I want you to pass on
The dream I couldn't understand to your next partner ~

- SCANDAL | OVER -
Back to top Go down
Matsui

Matsui

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://forest-of-thoughts-and-images.tumblr.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Very nice effort.

I enjoyed your voice Happy

Keep it up.

Freedomfighter
Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm looking for a Guitar Pro tab of this incredible song !!  .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:06 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
izzy wrote:I'm looking for a Guitar Pro tab of this incredible song !!  .wow.

You could ask/DM @paperplane or @nippontab on SH - they seem to be quite prolific in making tabs for SCANDAL songs on this forum.

I am not a fan of making tabs (too troublesome) - but I may do a performer's edit for SHCB's OVER cover that was released recently. If seeing fingers on a fret suffices for you to learn the guitar part(s), watch out for it then.

Gonna be shamelessly promoting SH's own Cover Band project covering OVER (if you guys haven't checked it out already) here:

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was already trying to learn the song with your video but it would be very useful if you can make a video in which you show how you play Mami's guitar part  .please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:34 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
izzy wrote:I was already trying to learn the song with your video but it would be very useful if you can make a video in which you show how you play Mami's guitar part  .please.

That's what I meant with performer's version. I'll do it when time permits and will post the link here if/when that's done.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.