Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"|A hall tour they're delivering with the largest amount of self-confidence during the 10th anniversary of their major label debut
Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview MFpJAI4

「SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"」, SCANDAL's first hall tour in three years, commenced from March 3rd. This tour is in support of their newest album 「HONEY」 that was released in February, and they will be holding performances in various cities around the country appropriate for decorating their milestone marking the band's 12th anniversary and the 10th anniversary of their major label debut.

Music Natalie has planned some special features in commemoration of this tour. We headed to the third performance of the tour at Fukuoka Civic Hall in Fukuoka and snuck into the meet & greet that only lottery winners selected from au Smart Pass Premium/au Smart Pass members can participate in. We will be giving a report about SCANDAL meeting their fans right after finishing a live show and how to deepen exchanges, while also asking the members their thoughts on this tour.

The flow of meet & greets

Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview Zv0fZ1D

A thrilling, exciting standby time

After the live, fans who won in the lottery arrive at appointed place by applying beforehand on the au Smart Pass or uP !!! official site. Immediately after enjoying SCANDAL's heated live, they move backstage while wiping off sweat with SCANDAL towels. Fans usually can't see much backstage, but there was also someone who said, 「I came here when I perfomred in the choral competition when I was a student, so it's really nostalgic!」 The winners arrived at the waiting room for the M&G and waited for the SCANDAL members to drop by.

When we greeted the winners, we found out that there were various SCANDAL fans ranging from those who attended a SCANDAL live for the first time as well as long-time SCANDAL fans. A girl who attends their Fukuoka performances every year said, 「I was so nervous I couldn't sleep last night. My heart's already pounding.」 A girl who has been supporting them for many years and attended a live for the first time after the timing never being right said excitedly, 「My SCANDAL-related luck exploded by coming here!」 A guy who came from Ehime enthusiastically said, 「They're a band I've been listening to since I started my band in middle school, and I still love them. I'm currently the head of my light music club in college. I'm super nervous, but I want to convey these emotions!」

Finally getting to meet them

SCANDAL, who just ended their live, said, 「Thanks for waitingー!」 and showed up to the room where the winners were waiting. The members' comments of 「Everyone's so refreshed, it doesn't seem like this is right after a live show!」, 「Did you have fun?」, 「That t-shirt really suits you!」 slightly got rid of the winners' nervousness. The winners spoke up and said, 「That was so much fun!」, 「So cuteー!」 When the staff gave them tour t-shirts with SCANDAL's autographs and told them that they'd be able to take a group picture with the band, the winners seemed not to be able to hide their surprise to the special content.

Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview BtkFGNf Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview V5cZNRo

Signing time = time you're able to talk

After that, the members of SCANDAL autographed the tour t-shirts given to the winners. MAMI would confirm and write down the name of the winners, and after she signed her autograph, the other members also signed theirs. The winners talked to the SCANDAL members during this time. It was a fulfilling time where they couldn't help but smile while conveying their thoughts of the live and of meeting SCANDAL.

Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview 4vaFvDD Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview ZVAZG1z

To be this close!?
Deeply moved by the group shot where they squeezed in together

Following the signing, the winners take a picture with the members of SCANDAL. When SCANDAL squeezes in closely from behind when taking the picture, the winners go, 「Eh, you're getting this close!?」 and are deeply moved. After taking a picture at a close enough distance as if they became a member of the band, the M&G ended. SCANDAL thanked the fans with, 「See you again at a live!」, 「Take care going home!」, and left the M&G location.

SCANDAL's interview
Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview L1gmYia

Finishing the M&G

──You've experienced M&G several times so far, but there aren't many opportunities to have a direct contact with fans. Was it a valuable time this time too?

TOMOMI: Being able to talk with the fans at this distance is a valuable opportunity. It made us really happy that everyone still had heat leftover from the live and told us their feelings.

HARUNA: Being able to talk with the people who come to our lives makes us happy. It was a lot of fun finding out things like how they came to know about us.

RINA: There aren't many opportunities to be able to directly hear their words not on social media but in person, and it felt very special to see everyone's expressions and to be able to talk to them.

MAMI: It was a valuable opportunity to know again that our work and performance have been proven to those who listened. When you directly hear their voices, it makes it seem like, 「Okay, let's work even harder.」

Absolutely do not miss this tour

──Since this was the M&G for the third performance of 「SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY"」, your tour in support of the album 「HONEY」 that was released in February, please tell us about the tour.

RINA: It's been 10 years since SCANDAL's major label debut, and 12 years have passed since the band formed, but we finally realized what we want to do. All of the members felt a 「This is the music that we must play」 kind of confidence for the first time. We had been envisioning the tour from the time of album production, so at each venue we're thrilled to see the scenery we had envisioned. Every time we really feel like we're getting energy from all of the fans.

HARUNA: With each performance on a tour we start to be able to show what we want to show on that tour, and it feels like it'll be completed by the final performances. However, this time it feels like we've been able to deliver our performance in its completed state from the first day this time. Some of our skills may have grown, but we realized that the power that the album itself has is amazing. We've been able to have more relaxed performances than usual. We feel comfortable doing it―rather, it feels really good to feel standing on the stage as we are.

MAMI: This is a tour where there's a sense of stability―rather, one where we feel relaxed and have challenged ourselves since the first day. That's because we had imagined our tour set and outfits from the album's production stage and decided 「We want to show it in this kind of way」. It's a tour that was finished smoothly from making the album. It feels like our self-confidence is at an all-time high.

──It's an important tour in SCANDAL's history.

HARUNA: That's right. Also, we think it's a tour that lets you know about us even more.

TOMOMI: It's been three years since we've done a hall tour, and three years ago we strongly felt that wanted to show it as an elaborate show. This time it feels like we acquired something that suits us the most and makes us more relaxed.

RINA: Like everyone else said, we can say 「Absolutely do not miss this tour」 with confidence. We think it's that kind of a tour.

Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
a very interesting interview, it's nice to see how confident they are with their music and their show

I notice on the stage photo, that the drums is on the same line than the other musicians, it's a quite unusual position but it's good for Rina not to be hidden at the back of the stage

Back to top Go down
flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
They already did the all instruments aligned on stage during a previous tour if I remember correctly.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
flyingwill wrote:They already did the all instruments aligned on stage during a previous tour if I remember correctly.

They did during their two tours in 2013 (SCA wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake + STANDARD) to match the set-up they had in the "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" MV, but that was when they physically put RINA's drum set right in middle of HARU and MAMI. IIRC, they didn't really like that set-up since it basically isolated MAMI from the rest of them.

That being said, that's not what they're doing this time. It's the same exact set-up as always where they just have her set lined up and perfectly spaced between HARU and MAMI but still about 5+ feet in back of them. That still is closer and differently spaced than most bands, though; most have their drummer much further back and right behind the lead singer, which makes it harder to see them.

Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
shunyi

shunyi

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.instagram.com/shn_yi/
They keep saying in various interviews how happy they are with how their new album turned out and how much work they've put into it and preparing for the tour. Makes me extra excited to watch them live for the first time!

Back to top Go down
TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
12 years is a pretty long time. I am sure that their present skills are way more overkill for the type of music they are doing now that's why their live performances are pretty much like a work in a park for them. Doing their old songs would probably feel like playing a video game where you have to go back to a low level area while you are already over leveled.

No wonder they still look fresh after their concerts. Can't wait to finally see them!

Natalie - SCANDAL TOUR 2018 "HONEY" Special Feature - M&G Report + Interview Sign10
Back to top Go down
RFlow

RFlow

Caless Student
Caless Student
It feels so amazing to to read through all the recent interviews and get such an amazing vibe! They have become so confident and happy. I actually feel I love the band in their current state the most ever <3

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.