You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The photos from the Meet & Greet of the Mexico City concert are up on the [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovejapanmx/]flickr[/url] (they've been there for a while, but I only found out now so I'm posting here in case anyone else didn't knew lol).

As expected, I look completely awful on my picture but I'm still so happy to see it. I was so nervous that I didn't even look at them when my pic was taken, so I'm only now seeing how they are posing on it, and they look so cute (especially Mami and Tomomi, she has such a big smile! I want to believe it's because I said it was my birthday, she's clapping lol).

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@hohenheim

Thanks for the link !

It must be awesome to have a picture of you with SCANDAL  Happy

front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It really is! I look really awkward but I'll love this picture forever. I'll probably put something over my face and use it as my Facebook profile picture for a loooooong time lol.

front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 724front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 549front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 743front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 745front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 778front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 763
front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 LNQg4V3
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I kinda wish they did it this way everywhere (using their camera) - the quality of these is definitely a bit better than my cell phone pic. And I notice whoever took these pics didn't go for the weirdly dramatic extreme low angle like the photographer in NYC did...

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
The concert shots in that Flickr page are pretty darn good.

Before it gets too late, I would like to thank the fan with the reddish beard I was hanging out with in line in Dallas that was kind enough to give me his extra VIP ticket.  I am sorry I now don't remember your name (I want to say it's Chris or Eric... sorry), but thank you so much.  It was a great surprise to get a chance to take another photo with the band and meet them once more.  I am also so glad I decided to shave that morning.

I went to three of the shows and although the performance at Dallas was excellent, my favorite was Anaheim.  The crowd around me was so much more into it, and it was a lot of fun being caught up in that excitement.  I was more exhausted after that show than Dallas or San Francisco.  Unfortunately that was the only one I had to drive afterwards.

Back to top Go down
tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I don't think this has been posted, but I found an interview that Scandal did right before the Anaheim show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fZzMarJQVg

Back to top Go down

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Finally just got back home last night. These past two weeks have been some of the craziest of my life! Six shows, six different cities, eight flights, two countries, three different time zones, and who knows how many hours of waiting in line. I had so, so much fun with my friends, especially with the five of us who hit up every show on the tour. It was insane, and I hope we get to do it all again soon lol

This is my ranking of shows from favorite to least:

1. Anaheim
2. New York (tie)
2. Mexico City (tie)
4. Monterrey
5. Dallas
6. San Francisco

I really need to update this thread and make proper summary posts. Ugh, so much work haha. I will also eventually try to go through and post some pictures I took at each show (except for SF, which was the only show to not allow any pictures).

Also, thank you so much to everyone who came up and said hi to me throughout the tour! It was great meeting all of you Happy

Oh, and if you're wondering about the Fan Letter Project: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14349p75-scandal-heaven-fan-letter-project-vol-9#759289

Welcome back Jade.

Could you share your ranking criteria?  It'd just be interesting to know what was better or worse (less than optimal) at each show.  I only went to the Dallas show (resident Texan) but I found the event to be a rather intimate affair.  From what I heard, the high stage helped to give everyone a decent view of the band.  On the other hand, the audio wasn't perfect and was decent at the center/front of the stage.  The LED backdrop helped liven up the stage.  If anything, I'd say that the band seemed to be a great mood.  

The youngest fan at the concert, my daughter, got her requested photo and the band absolutely lit up when they saw her with her stuffed Canta.  In any case, this aging rocker enjoyed the event.  I've mellowed since my teens and Scandal was welcome change when I found them back in 2008 in Texas no less.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
cantacanta wrote:Could you share your ranking criteria?  It'd just be interesting to know what was better or worse (less than optimal) at each show.

I based it on how much fun the band was having, how enthuastic they were, how good/responsive/energetic the crowd was, and the overall vibe/atmosphere. Dallas was decent in all aspects, but I personally thought four of the shows before it were at least a little better than that. I will go into more detail when I (eventually) post my personal summary/recap!

front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
It was great to have them finally make their debut here.  I hope they enjoyed it.  Geez, where did the school uniforms go?!?!   front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 1f606

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@cantacanta

They grew up Happy

Back to top Go down
Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I had about half my summary written up and when I woke up this morning and hit the SH tab it was all gone, so thats gone in the wind and I wont be writing it again (not much of value was lost) but I will rank the shows here and add a little comment after:

1. San Francisco
2. Anaheim/ Mexico City
3. NYC
4. Monterrey

Obviously ranking is from Incredible to Amazingly good so number 4 was still a fantastic show.

Just wanted to take some time to thank everyone that came out and met with us during the tour, this time around I didnt get to meet very many new people but to those who I did, I'm glad you were there and we had a chance to meet. Special thanks to the SH USA family that traveled with me and had to deal with me for most of the trip, I love you guys and I am extremely thankful to have met you all in such a specific circumstance. This trip was incredibly fun and I'm very thankful I decided to do it.

front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 Slide-13
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I want to say my one regret on this tour is that I didn't really meet *anyone* from SH even though I know you guys were there at the NYC show. And I didn't sign the banner, didn't do any of that stuff. I had meant to. And my saying this isn't because I think my absence is any big loss to you guys, but because I had wanted to meet some people from SH myself and didn't.

Oh well. Next time, which hopefully there will be.

Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, I wish I was more active here before the show too, so I could maybe meet more people before the show and not just because I heard people talking in english and decided to talk with them because I couldn't handle not having a conversation for 3 days lol

front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 724front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 549front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 743front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 745front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 778front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 763
Back to top Go down
3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Even though it was a lot of waiting and hot, super cool to meet some like minded fans in the line. It was the first time I'd been able to talk about SCANDAL with someone who  actually knew about them. Also after the show I saw TGE and was able to thank her for all the translations.  Before the show I was walking around and got to sign the banner, so I hope Tomomi saw my message! 
  As I'm writing this I'm getting ready to go skiing down here in Argentina, usually I'd have gotten down here by the first of September, but when I saw my favorite ladies were coming to the US, all plans changed.  I got to see an one of the best concerts ever and Tomomi actually put here hands on my shoulder!!! A day I will never forget. 
   I got the shuffle filled w/ SCANDAL tunes and we got some fresh snow last night. Nothing better than charging some fresh pow with HI HI HI blasting!!! Ciao!

Last edited by 3mania on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, it’s been a week and a half since the Dallas show, and I’m still having trouble organizing my thoughts. Everything seems so much like a dream, but I’m going to try to write something that makes a little sense.

front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 1f449 TLDR; version: If you ever have a chance to see Scandal live, do whatever it takes to make sure it happens.
Just do it! You will be glad you did. front-page - SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks" - Page 20 1f448   Thumbs up

We walked from our hotel over to the Bomb Factory and got in line about 5:15. The line was already long, but it got a lot longer behind us by the time they started entry to the M&G about 6:00. It was a little over an hour in the Dallas sun before we hit the air conditioning, and that felt great since we’re not accustomed to that heavy air.

I knew from reading all the posts about the earlier shows that I would have only a moment to meet the band and get my picture, so I condensed everything I wanted to say into just a few words (that’s a very hard thing for me Wink) and went over and over the little bit of Japanese that I learned so I’d have it down perfect. When my turn came, I walked up to the band and I suddenly realized, Oh my God, they are so much more beautiful up close and in person than I’d ever seen in all the pictures and videos. I got all tongue-tied and my mind turned to mush, and I stammered something stupid! After they handed my phone back to me and I started to walk away, my level of consciousness started to return, so I remembered to turn around, wave and say “Ja, mata ne.” I hope they heard it. :druul:

We got in the merch line, where we could watch as the rest of the people got their pictures made. By the time we got to the table, the couple in front of us got the last two yellow T-shirts, so we got the red and black ones, only XL size left, and of course we had to have the towels too. I don’t think there was much left for anyone that didn’t have early entry. From there, we got some water and adult beverages, then it was time to stake out our location at the stage.

In front of Tomomi, of course! Even though I can’t seem to pick a favorite band member, I knew that’s where I had to stand. It was great getting a chance to talk to other Scandal fans. Although I proselytize about the band all the time, it’s so much nicer to talk to a bunch of people that share the mania. Final sound check was prompt at 8:00 and Scandal took the stage about 8:15.

We all immediately went totally nuts! No matter how many 100’s of times I’ve watched the videos and no matter how loud I’d always turned up the CD’s, I was completely unprepared for the experience live. The power and energy put out by Scandal live is unsurpassed. When you’re ten feet away from Tomomi and you watch her fingers pluck each note from the strings, you can feel the bass tones thump into your chest. I was hypnotized into some kind of hyperreal state by the music, the lights and the band’s choreography. Hypnotized (No, it wasn’t the beer, I only had one.) By the fourth song, I realized I was sweating more from the jumping and cheering than in the Dallas sun. I needed that towel for more than just waving it. Rock on

They played for nearly an hour and ¾ths with hardly a break, but it seemed to go by so quickly. All I could do for a while was stand there and feel the afterglow until my family brought me some more water and reminded me that it was time to go. We walked back to the hotel, but I couldn’t sleep. It took a long time for my adrenalin to subside. Even now, if I’m not doing anything and I let my thoughts drift, bits of the show start to replay in my mind. (I’ve been told if you remember the 60’s, you weren’t there, but it’s kind of like a flashback the good kind, of course.) I wouldn’t want to say this was a life-changing event, but I’d be lying if I denied it.

This may have been my only chance to see a Scandal live, so I am so thankful for all of it, the show, this great forum and the people who support the band, but mostly for all the great songs.
Punkman
Thank you, thank you, thank you!  ありがとう ございました!

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@2many2no

I felt just the same when I saw them in London, it is so different actually being there in front of them Happy

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

To everyone who purchased VIP tickets to the US performances of SCANDAL's "Special Thanks" tour:

As I'm sure you're all aware of by now, absolutely no one received the "exclusive gift" that was supposed to be included when purchasing a VIP ticket to any of the four recent SCANDAL shows in the US.

We need everyone's help to get something done about this.

Please contact the venue(s) you went to and ask them to put you in contact with the promoters for the SCANDAL shows to ask them about the "exclusive gift" that was supposed to be included with the VIP perks. The more people contact the venues, the more likely that something will actually be done about this whole gift fiasco.

You can either copy, paste, and send them this following message, or you can write your own (please be sure that it's very similar to this one):

Hello, I recently attended a show, SCANDAL from Japan on September ____, at your venue. I had VIP tickets, and an "exclusive gift" was listed on the ticketing page as one of the VIP perks. However, none of the VIP ticketholders received any such gift and we were given no explanation as to why nothing was given to us.

Would you be able to put me in touch with the promoters, or forward my message to them, please? Thank you very much.

PlayStation Theater in New York:
http://www.playstationtheater.com/venue-info/contact-us

Regency Ballroom in San Francisco:
http://www.theregencyballroom.com/venue-info/contact-us

House of Blues Anaheim in Anaheim:
https://www.reputology.com/feedback_box/house_of_blues

The Bomb Factory in Dallas:
info@thebombfactory.com

*If you do contact any of the venues and receive a reply back, please make a post about it in this thread!

#front-page #scandal_spthx

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I hope this get sorted. No one said absolutely anything else on that matter?

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
hohenheim wrote:No one said absolutely anything else on that matter?

At the actual shows, people did ask around but most likely asked venue staff who knew nothing about it, so the "right" people were ultimately not asked. Therefore, no one was given any real answers and only received "I don't know" responses.

I do know who's actually to blame for this mess, but they're not owning up to it and probably will not do anything unless we get a lot of people involved. That's why we need to get the VIP purchasers to contact the venues about this.

Back to top Go down

nosferous

Caless Student
Caless Student
Done, sent a contact to The Regency Ballroom and The Bomb Factory. Will let you know if I get any responses.

At the shows I originally asked the merch booth, which directed me to the venue staff, which lead me to confused staff that had no idea there was supposed to be a gift for VIP ticket holders.

BEST★Xmas 2023 | KAKO Fes 2023 | MIRROR 2022: Toronto (Anaheim - Dallas)Special Thanks 2018: SF - Anaheim - DallasFeedback Shibuya store: 2018 & 2019
Back to top Go down
hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:I do know who's actually to blame for this mess, but they're not owning up to it and probably will not do anything unless we get a lot of people involved.

This sucks so much. Hopefully a lot of people will come forward and they'll be forced to get it sorted quickly.

Back to top Go down
mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
I do know who's actually to blame for this mess,

It's Tomomi, isn't it? Wink teasing ...

Back to top Go down

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
I messaged The Bomb Factory.  Let's wish ourselves luck!

Back to top Go down
BattleHermit

BattleHermit

Caless Student
Caless Student

*If you do contact any of the venues and receive a reply back, please make a post about it in this thread!

#front-page #scandal_spthx

I got this reply for the Anaheim show:

Hello!

I wanted to reach out regarding the VIP gift you were supposed to receive at the September 9th Scandal show. We got word the tour will email you with instructions on how to receive your gift in the coming days. Please feel free to reach out if you don’t receive the email by the end of next week.

Thank you.

Danielle Torres | Box Office Manager
Email: DanielleTorres@LiveNation.com | Phone: 714.778.2583
House of Blues, Anaheim| 400 W. Disney Way #337 Anaheim, CA 92802

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
BattleHermit wrote:I got this reply for the Anaheim show

Awesome; I'm so glad it looks like it's working! People in the SH FB group also said that they received the same email.

Funnily enough, I have not received that email, probably because I had sent mine over a week ago. I'll try sending it again lol

Hopefully the other venues will follow suit soon!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum