Songs you wouldn't like... But it's SCANDAL!
Posted on Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 am

3mania

Caless Student
Caless Student
I"m usually a fan of the more rocking numbers,but for me it's got to be Pinheel Surfer. I think it's the MV that got it stuck in my head. My runner up would be Scandal in the House. I always wait for Rina's rap about Haruna. That girl has some flow!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Songs you wouldn't like... But it's SCANDAL!
Posted on Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 pm

Don Dio

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I do not much care for rap, so "Scandal In The House" is definitely on my list.  Same with the Dobondobondo songs.  I like the theme song the best.  Regarding SITH: I like Haruna's crooning part towards the end.  It sounds so stupid it makes me laugh every time I hear it.

I tolerate "Shoujo M," "Kill The Virgin" and "Brand New Wave" because they are from Scandal, but I don't hate these songs.  Definitely wouldn't listen to them if they were from some other pop band.

The only song that can't be rescued from getting skipped when it comes up on random is "I Want You."  Not even Scandal's name attached to it can bring me around.  Same goes with the Almond Crush song.

"Pinheel Surfer" was a tune I wasn't crazy about when I first heard it because up until that time I had only heard the rocking tunes like "Shoujo S" and "Shunkan Sentimental," which is what I prefer.  Once I got the album and listened to the song separate from the video I got a whole new appreciation for the instrumentation and melody.  I dig this song a lot.  It has a rock-meets-Alicia Bridges/ABBA-esque vibe to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 16, 2018 8:30 pm

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
They have a few songs I really just don't like, and them being Scandal doesn't really help. But, with more than 100 original songs under their belts, that's bound to happen. No matter how many times I've listened, I just can't bring myself around to Scandal in the House, Pinheel Surfer, Brand New Wave or Kill the Virgin, among a few others.

But there are a couple of songs on Honey that I do like that I'm pretty sure I'd never listen to if it was somebody else, namely Short Short and Mado wo Aketara. The biggest thing is that I just love Haruna's voice, so unless the music behind it actually offends my sensibilities (as the ones I mentioned earlier somehow do), just hearing her sing is often enough.

I feel the same about Love on the Yellow album.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 17, 2018 3:39 am

joameba

Caless Student
Caless Student
All Dobondobondo songs, they are good and funny only if you know the band, mainly because they are joking I guess. Also, I used to hate and skip I want you and Koi-Diet but somehow I ended up liking them... scandal magic   . Now I only skip Graduation and Namida no regret, can't hear them

Back to top Go down