You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
What songs would you normally never listen to but love because it's by SCANDAL?

i.e. you don't normally listen to grunge, but you like "Heaven na Kibun" just because it's performed by SCANDAL.

I"m usually a fan of the more rocking numbers,but for me it's got to be Pinheel Surfer. I think it's the MV that got it stuck in my head. My runner up would be Scandal in the House. I always wait for Rina's rap about Haruna. That girl has some flow!!

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I do not much care for rap, so "Scandal In The House" is definitely on my list.  Same with the Dobondobondo songs.  I like the theme song the best.  Regarding SITH: I like Haruna's crooning part towards the end.  It sounds so stupid it makes me laugh every time I hear it.

I tolerate "Shoujo M," "Kill The Virgin" and "Brand New Wave" because they are from Scandal, but I don't hate these songs.  Definitely wouldn't listen to them if they were from some other pop band.

The only song that can't be rescued from getting skipped when it comes up on random is "I Want You."  Not even Scandal's name attached to it can bring me around.  Same goes with the Almond Crush song.

"Pinheel Surfer" was a tune I wasn't crazy about when I first heard it because up until that time I had only heard the rocking tunes like "Shoujo S" and "Shunkan Sentimental," which is what I prefer.  Once I got the album and listened to the song separate from the video I got a whole new appreciation for the instrumentation and melody.  I dig this song a lot.  It has a rock-meets-Alicia Bridges/ABBA-esque vibe to it.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
They have a few songs I really just don't like, and them being Scandal doesn't really help. But, with more than 100 original songs under their belts, that's bound to happen. No matter how many times I've listened, I just can't bring myself around to Scandal in the House, Pinheel Surfer, Brand New Wave or Kill the Virgin, among a few others.

But there are a couple of songs on Honey that I do like that I'm pretty sure I'd never listen to if it was somebody else, namely Short Short and Mado wo Aketara. The biggest thing is that I just love Haruna's voice, so unless the music behind it actually offends my sensibilities (as the ones I mentioned earlier somehow do), just hearing her sing is often enough.

I feel the same about Love on the Yellow album.

Back to top Go down
joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
All Dobondobondo songs, they are good and funny only if you know the band, mainly because they are joking I guess. Also, I used to hate and skip I want you and Koi-Diet but somehow I ended up liking them... scandal magic  Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! 1f602 . Now I only skip Graduation and Namida no regret, can't hear them

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Don Dio wrote:The only song that can't be rescued from getting skipped when it comes up on random is "I Want You."  Not even Scandal's name attached to it can bring me around.  Same goes with the Almond Crush song.
SAME HERE. Rina is my bias, but after these two songs I got nervous when news came up that she wrote not just the lyrics but also the music to Mabataki  Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! 1f602 Fortunately, I like it!

And this is not a song per se, but one thing I like only because it's Scandal is Tomomi's voice. Usually would not appreciate a voice so high-pitched, especially on rock tunes, but Tomomi is so damn adorable that I actually look forward to hearing her voice on Scandal tracks  Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! 263a

Back to top Go down
HaRiToMa

HaRiToMa

Caless Student
Caless Student
Some of the songs mentioned are among my favorites. Pinheel surfer got me into Scandal, first songs I heard of them were that and Taiyou Scandalous. I still regularly watch the video.

I also like Short Short, Mado Wa Aketeru and Love, and probably would have liked them if they were from other artists too. Scandal in the House and Shoujo M I wouldn't really like if from another band. The choreography of Shoujo M is kinda funny. Very Special is another one I wouldn't like from another band. And for some of the slower songs it would depend on the artist and the perfomance, but I do like them from Scandal, like Switch, Bitter Chocolate and One Piece, but I don't like them always.

As Steadystate, I would usually not appreciate Tomomi's voice. In the beginning I actually though "OK, they are good, but they really shouldn't let her sing". Now she's grown on me, and some of the songs where she has the lead vocal are among my favorites.

There's some songs I can't really tolerate, and usually skip, like Brand New Wave, Tonight, Glamorous You. Queens are Trumps, Love in Action and Oyasumi are a bit "meh" too.

atashi wa atashi anata wa anata
Back to top Go down
TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I wasn't a big fan of "Shining Sun" because I find it way too cheerful for a piece of rock music. Although, it grew on me after listening to it over and over. It's now part of my cardio workout music.

"Want You" (B-Side from Haruka single) has a pretty bad combination of guitar riffs a-la "The Beautiful People" by Marilyn Manson and melodies of "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" by Shania Twain. Not my cup of tea!

Shoujo M is another lackluster for me because the song's arrangement is pretty much beyond its time. It also reminds me of Lady Gaga during the Fame Monster era.

Rina's solo "I Want You" is definitely my least favorite song by SCANDAL ever.

Other songs I find too bland to my musical taste "Brand New Wave," "Fuzzy," and "Ceramic Blue."

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed error on Want You and added a few more info)

Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MamiNoodles wrote:Other songs I find too bland to my musical taste "Brand New Wave," "Fuzzy," and "Ceramic Blue."
This is so interesting! I actually thought that Ceramic Blue would've made a better single than Fuzzy, but now that you mention this I'm seeing the similarities between them.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I think a lot of which songs you like comes down to the the taste of each fan, but talking of Tomomi's voice made me smile, my son who is not into Japanese music says her voice makes him want to tear his ears off but I could listen to her all day Happy

So obviously I love the songs with lots of Tomomi.

Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@MamiNoodles
Good observation on "Want You" sounding like those other songs.  It never occurred to me, but the song did have a familiar sound to it, and now I think I know why.  BTW, I do like this song.

Since my last posting on this topic two years ago I now have to add "Mabataki" and "Tsuki" to my list.

Back to top Go down
BlueDude

BlueDude

Caless Student
Caless Student
not a fan of i want you, i like to think it's a almond crush's song you know considering the take me out single have dobondobondo in them, thinking it's a almond crush's song makes more sense to me making it more somewhat enjoyable. And i don't like tonight very much because how much the effects they put on haru's vocal, and the way they speed up the voice, yeah if those songs aren't scandal's i won't like them.

Last edited by BlueDude on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding some little things)

I don't want to be here.
You don't want to be there.
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Naturally Scandal in the House wouldn't make sense without SCANDAL. They do have songs like that. I mean Scandal Baby is a great song, but If you want a good laugh try to imagine Little Richard or Avril Lavigne doing it.. For me, there are very few real SCANDAL dislikes, in fact I vibe positive to every one of the tracks with thumbs down on this thread. On the other hand.. I wouldn't miss Departure if never heard again, but don't feel it's really bad.. O yeh there are a few that I just can't take—mostly older ones, the most recent would be Satisfaction... Kinda cool how diverse yall fans are though, it's a joy to be here!

Back to top Go down
Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't have a song that I only like because of SCANDAL, I like the Dobondobondo stuff and SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE. Songs I am not big fan of Happy Birthday, the chorus is very lazy and I feel the verses doesn't work well. Love and I want you isn't my cup of tea either.

Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! RUlExeI
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well for me, it's mostly their experimental songs like Love, Ooyasumi Midnight City, Mabataki, I wouldn't normally care for these types of songs but idk, I absolutely enjoy these songs by them.

That goes for some of their cutesy sync pop tunes like Kill the Virgin, Love me do, Tonight, kimi to mirai douki,  Sparkling, Short Short, i would not care to like them any where else but they resonate with me  when Scandal does it. But not "i want you", I keep forgetting its an actual  song. (Sorry Rina!) but Midnight City was a blast though! Thumbs up  

Some of there American style songs I wouldn't like either but for some reason I find myself enjoying them because Scandal just adds a little something special to them, like Stamp and Your song. 

But mostly for me, sometimes I just vibe with the feel of a song, no matter what style. Living in the City style is NOT my cup of tea musically, but I enjoy it because of the vibe, the feel, the atmosphere it gives me, same with Mado wo Aketera,(a fantastic song btw) Laundry Laundry, Nainai Night 2014. They're good songs to listen to on a lazy calm Sunday afternoon or night. Winter Story is a song I dont care for overall, but come Christmas/Winter time, it's the best thing since slice bread, I practically have this song on repeat  .lol.

Back to top Go down
TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I'm sorry guys but I'm not a fan of "Koe!"

Even though it is a fan favorite, this will be one of the last songs I'll listen to. For me, the melody and song structure is like another Avril Lavigne copy.

Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down
p.t.r

p.t.r

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
If the question is, which Scandal songs I don't like, there would be a few: Pinheel Surfer, Scandal in the House, and also their latest single One More Time, just to give some examples.

However, I understood the question as: "Which song you like only because it's by Scandal, and wouldn't like it by any other band."

The only song I can think of in this way is Shoujo M. And it's not so much "It's Scandal", but rather "It's Mami". I am very Mami-biased as far as her vocals go (so I was very disappointed, when she didn't get any on KFTD, and excited, when Ivory came out), so if that song was sung by any other member, there is a chance I might not like it. Still, it's probably my least favorite Mami song.

Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! Signat10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
A little late to this, but some people seem to be misunderstanding the question. They're saying things like "I don't like this song of SCANDAL's," but that's not what is being asked.

The question is more along the lines of: Which SCANDAL songs do you like even though it's not something you would normally listen to?

i.e. you don't normally listen to grunge, but you like "Heaven na Kibun" just because it's performed by SCANDAL.

Songs you wouldn't normally like... But it's SCANDAL! 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
I like the song "Love" from their album Yellow, even if I'm not so into Reggae.

I'm not sure if this also applies but I don't like the song "Don't Say Lazy" when I was watching K-on! but when SCANDAL did a cover of it, I was blown away! I instantly loved it!   HARU squee And at that time I was still on my journey of becoming their fan!

Turning one of the songs that I don't like into something that I love is a testament as to how great of a band SCANDAL is (at least to me).  MAMI cool

Back to top Go down
streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have never really considered listening to city pop until I listened to One More Time. I can't say I wouldn't listen to a song unless it's Scandal, but it's safe to say that Scandal made me interested in City Pop

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.