Favorite Member
Posted on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:58 am

USAadoresU

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

This is the best-sounding group I have ever heard. I was around when rockabilly and blues evolved into ROCK AND ROLL!

Their devotion to their craft is nothing short of phenomenal.  Seeing the growth as musicians, songwriters and every other aspect of their art is humbling.

Watching their earliest videos is a treasure in itself. You get four young balls of fire just having an absolute ton of fun getting the first taste of rewards for their work. Being so young, you know they had to play for hours on end to get that good at such an age.

Each single, video and album displays their progression. The more they gel as a band, the talent just grows by leaps and bounds.

Haruna's voice can MAKE THE ANGELS CRY, and her rhythm guitar is as good as any, better than most.

Mami has developed into one very, very fine picker. There are chords and riffs she does that make the whole song immediately recognizable and forever unforgettable.

Tomomi has an absolute command of what the bass line does for every song. It's the ebb and flow of the music. Who has to be reminded of the cutest voice ever?

Rina - WOW- just, WOW! From their earliest songs & videos, she has astounded me with her drums. Rhythm is true second nature to her. Beating those skins is what makes every single one of their songs KICK!!

THEY are SCANDAL.

Okay, SCANDAL FAITHFUL! Add to this post the FACT that each and all could be freaking SUPERMODELS if they wanted.

So, tell me- without personal acquaintance, what is the point of choosing a favorite?
I just love them all - don't know how else to put it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Member
Posted on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:02 am

joameba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You described them well   
I'm sure most of all love all four members of the band, but one can simply prefer a girl over the rest  because of looks, voice, personality, etc... so many variables 
In my case, if it wasn't by Mami's amazing haircut in Perfect world DVD I wouldn't became a fan, so she will never cease to be my favourite   

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:21 am

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Such vivid and commendable description!  Clap

Your question tho will be hard to answer 'without personal acquaintance" and because I think having a favorite is not really an absolutely intentional choice. For example, one fan may find Rina more attractive than the other. The fan did not really made the choice to be attracted with Rina at the first place, it naturally occurred so the fan just followed suit and voila, Rina becomes a favorite. As what joameba said, one girl simply stands out for different persons for different reasons and factors.

I know what you're going at tho. As you can see, I have no "favorite member" in my profile too because, just like you, I love them all and it's so hard to decide who is the best. They have different qualities and personalities but they also have pinpoint similarities that contrast and complement each other. Each one's strengths balance the others' weaknesses and I find myself liking one girl for specific situation or characteristic for a specific period of time. I think that's what makes them a great group. They just gel as group. Like you remove (or replace) one of them from the picture and it is not SCANDAL already.

Haru-chan's probably my most favorite tho. haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
As a bass player it has to be Tomomi for me, plus I love her chipmunk voice, lets be honest, SCANDAL would not sound the same with out her Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:04 am

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

tonymiller wrote:As a bass player it has to be Tomomi for me, plus I love her chipmunk voice, lets be honest, SCANDAL would not sound the same with out her Happy

Yeah right, Tomi fan #1. Haha.

I also like her chipmunk voice (and I like your wording too! Tomi as Chipmunnk-chan sounds great!) and due to her voice, she is the easiest member for my friends, whom I deliberately converting to the SCANDAL fandom, to recognize whenever I show them some of SCANDAL's vids or whenever I play SCANDAL songs in speaker mode.
Hohoho Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@LK

Well it does not always work, my son says her voice makes him want to tear his ears off !

But he is into Rap and Hip Hop Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:56 am

LK

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
tonymiller wrote:@LK

Well it does not always work, my son says her voice makes him want to tear his ears off !

But he is into Rap and Hip Hop Happy

Whoaa! That might hurt you as a fan/father. Haha. 

And yet, Tomi has the cutest rap voice in the group. I actually think she or Mami can be a legit professional rapper.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:34 pm

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
All the members have their own unique appeal and I love all of them, but that would be same for everyone. 
Personally, my favorite member would be Mami, just because she is the cutest one. All the other members are of course attractive too, but I just think Mami is the best looking one. I do love their music but I have basically no knowledge about how all the instrument works and how good each of the members are with their occupation, so making decision on which is my favorite member just comes down for me as the best looking one.

Back to top Go down