CUPCAKEcr@ze101

CUPCAKEcr@ze101

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://scandal-noodle.tumblr.com/
WHAT!???????? .omg.
ANOTHER SINGLE!!!!!!!! really? after just releasing an album
NO WAY!
I don't know what to say...(not in a bad way)
well,CAN'T WAIT!

Last edited by CUPCAKEcr@ze101 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : explaining more)

Back to top Go down

Re: 8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」
Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:31 am

~Haruna=Baby~

~Haruna=Baby~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://HarunaBaby.deviantart.com
Lol 2010 really is a productive year for SCANDAL. All 3 LE version's price add up < Temptation Box PB = Gonna buy all 3 version hehe.

Nice one LOVE

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 SCANDALharuna-Copy
SCANDAL = PERFECT
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:38 am

kirei_kawaii^-^

kirei_kawaii^-^

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I will pre-order B and C first once CDJapan has released it. And then, once the covers are released, if I like the other covers, I may pre-order A and CD-only editions.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:14 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
Wow so busy... november single too?

Lol I hope they get a vacation soon! With such regular releases it'll start being weird when they DON'T release every month .lol.

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Sabroni

Sabroni

Caless Student
Caless Student
Scandal management should be trying to grow their audience. Instead, they seem more interested in getting as much money as possible out of current Scandal fans. I mean, no one who isn't already a fan would buy 4 versions of the same single....

I love this band, but I'm starting to seriously dislike their management. This is just plain greedy!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:10 pm

yume

yume

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/user/butterpocky
woahhhh!!! sugoi sugoi!!! yay for scandal!!!!!

i cant wait!!!^^

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 47932_12

.shout. [size=24]i <3 SB!!! .shout.
SECRET BASE (my band)[/size]

=yume (bass/vocal)=
=yun (guitar/vocal)=
=shekin (guitar/vocal)=
=ejort (drums/vocal)=
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:38 pm

alrick13

alrick13

Sabroni wrote:Scandal management should be trying to grow their audience. Instead, they seem more interested in getting as much money as possible out of current Scandal fans. I mean, no one who isn't already a fan would buy 4 versions of the same single....

I love this band, but I'm starting to seriously dislike their management. This is just plain greedy!

I do agree that Sony is really being greedy... for me the best way to increase the Band's fanbase is to have them do the music for a potential hit J-Drama...

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:39 pm

Thebestintest

Thebestintest

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://gulptan.deviantart.com/    and     https://www.youtube.com
i want to buy it if i can ;d

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:52 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
alrick13 wrote:
Sabroni wrote:Scandal management should be trying to grow their audience. Instead, they seem more interested in getting as much money as possible out of current Scandal fans. I mean, no one who isn't already a fan would buy 4 versions of the same single....

I do agree that Sony is really being greedy... for me the best way to increase the Band's fanbase is to have them do the music for a potential hit J-Drama...

I quite agree with alrick.Look at how they shot up in fame after Bleach and FMA;How many of us got here because of these two animes' opening and ending themes respectively?

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:17 pm

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ *Puts a hand up in the air* Too true EugeneAng. Fell in love with SCANDAL after listening to Shunkan Sentimental .love. This is also the reason why I am looking forward to preorder the Limited C version of their single.

@everyone else: Yeah, agreed with the comments about Sony being somewhat greedy but they sort of did this with Shoujo S before... so its not like its new or something... maybe they should do a tie-in with another anime like K-on!! I think SCANDAL performing a special song for K-on!! might help them expand their audience.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:35 pm

alrick13

alrick13

In my opinion it is dangerous for Scandal to venture with K-ON because of lots of overly zealous loli fans out there... they may think that Scandal is imitating them or riding their popularity because of obvious similarities.... live drama, movie, or a commercial's jingle would be good... the band just needs to be introduced to a new audience group

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:31 pm

BB

BB

International Performer
International Performer
EugeneAng wrote:
alrick13 wrote:

I quite agree with alrick.Look at how they shot up in fame after Bleach and FMA;How many of us got here because of these two animes' opening and ending themes respectively?

same! i think as always, mr sorny are not using their brain effectively. they should know that j-pop always come around anime, movies, tv series. YUI was an example. 1 1/2 hiatus still can have a wonderful sales. becuase of previous scenarios.

i think sorny cannot keep giving SCANDAL to release singles one after another. they are humans also. will tire. this year is a breakthrough year definitely. but no more. only this year.

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Rinaavatar1
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Userbartorres3copy

-credits to lale [=3, for signature-
-credits to kaito for userbar :> -

14.11.2010 - Anime Festival Asia 
01.12.2012 - SCANDAL SPECIAL LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 
03.03.2013 - SCANDAL OSAKA JO-HALL 2013 「WONDERFUL TONIGHT」
16.03.2013 - 17.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
22.06.2014 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「360」
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:58 pm

MrMojo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer

Sony JP does have a bad management history (just look at their widely known history as the company is SO fragmented in their divisions and management styles!). That's why the company brought in Howard Stringer years ago to straighten things out which is still on-going!!

Sony Music is really trying to milk one of their cash cows which is NOT good as it'll just exhaust the girls!
Look at how Sony removed themselves from Apple's iTunes so they can concentrate their music on their own music website. Unfortunately, this alienated many music fans, including self!
Yes, Sony Music JP corporate IS greedy but which company is NOT?!

Even in this bad economy where music sales are dropping, Sony Music JP should not be pushing the sales so aggressively and give the band members rest!

For example... let's remember that it's Sony Music JP's decision on their uniforms! The girls can say they don't want to wear school uniforms anymore but it's Sony that's paying them to wear it!

The band doesn't have many choices in their decisions since Sony Music JP is probably THE big music boss in Japan whom they have a contract with! This includes when albums are released!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:46 pm

Koide Namizo

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

EugeneAng wrote:
alrick13 wrote:

agree with YUH man...ok it's 4 versions..but look at the tracklist...why don't they wait a few more months...maybe we can see 3 or 4 songs on the tracklist...and I agree with alrick too...J-Drama is a potential market...

Heso...!!!

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Newsiggy
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Z
Hehee 8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Koidi Hehee
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Terriermon15
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Shp
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:49 am

asuna

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
i'm concerned about the quality too, most artistes take time to compose a hit song and now they're rushing out releases like some factory D:

I'd love to see a release entirely written and composed by the girls themselves (which would take time), instead of other people influencing their music direction

I rather they do more lives than churn out new singles every 2 months. that's what a band is supposed to be about - playing live

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:55 am

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
I am curious as to how many of you guys and girls on the forums here buy every version of every release. I see that as a very expensive thing to do. I only bought the Photobook Version of Tempation Box just so that I had a version that I though would be the best for me to own.

I can not bring myself to buy every version of everything even if it is SCANDAL related. That is just too much money. For instance I am limiting myself only to version B or C of this single because I know those I like those two songs more than Namida No Regret and rather see the video for one of those songs.

Also known as: Ross 8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 251803 , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy 8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 464571 , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Rossba10
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Ugefu10

Wat- who said i was joking, be prepared to sit down with Luarahara tomorrow
One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:57 am

alrick13

alrick13

Maybe Sony is making them the prototype for the 4 version single track release... Sony is testing the market if it would be successful other artist under them will do the same release

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:23 am

MrMojo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I bought almost every CD that Scandal has released excluding their early singles which are now rare to find outside of Japan.

If a single has limited edition versions, then I'll buy only the ltd. edition ones, but won't buy the regular version, since it contains "extra" stuff like the PB or videos.

I do shop around between the 3/4 online sellers already mentioned in this forum for the best pricing and delivery options.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 am

furyshinobi

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ I agree though I only buy limited editions if there is a huge difference between them (like getting the PB + DVD since they are very different). But for this single I will probably buy only 1 limited single since there is not a huge difference between the other limited editions except different videos but the tracks remain the same.

Slightly offtopic, I finally received my copy of TB though only the CD+DVD versions. Listening to the album now and loving it so far LOVE Still waiting for my PB copy .clap.

Last edited by furyshinobi on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:13 am

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
MrMojo wrote:I bought almost every CD that Scandal has released excluding their early singles which are now rare to find outside of Japan.

If a single has limited edition versions, then I'll buy only the ltd. edition ones, but won't buy the regular version, since it contains "extra" stuff like the PB or videos.

I do shop around between the 3/4 online sellers already mentioned in this forum for the best pricing and delivery options.

This is what I tend to do, since i am already paying for international shipping I might as well get the best edition that will suit my needs in America i.e. Region 2 DVD's don't play in Region 1 DVD players.

Also known as: Ross 8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 251803 , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy 8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 464571 , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Rossba10
8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Ugefu10

Wat- who said i was joking, be prepared to sit down with Luarahara tomorrow
One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:58 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
asuna wrote:i'm concerned about the quality too, most artistes take time to compose a hit song and now they're rushing out releases like some factory D:

I'd love to see a release entirely written and composed by the girls themselves (which would take time), instead of other people influencing their music direction

I rather they do more lives than churn out new singles every 2 months. that's what a band is supposed to be about - playing live

agree, agree, and AGREE!

in terms of quality, im sure the songs will be fine, but what concerns me is how much of it the girls truly are a part of. i mean, to what extent do the girls influence these songs that sony prolly has people working on around the clock? i really hope that the band doesnt start to get lost in all this... i know the girls have been hoping to one day write their music, so why not after this wave of releases is over take time off to get back to realizing that dream? i dunno bout you all but im willing to wait for something like that .toj.

and live performances YES! of course aside from the many many fans who first discovered SCANDAL from anime like Bleach and FMAB (*cough* ME lol), there are ppl who were immediately sold by their live performances and international exposure. as you can see there are many many fans from USA, France, etc. thanks to their tours, and those random gems on youtube you find or gigs that random ppl record and post are a testament to just how effective such exposure is. and also you cant deny that SCANDAL seriously has amazing talent live. they have the musical talent, stage presence, and can command an audience so well.

anyways i really hope that in the corporate world theyre getting immersed in they dont lose sight of whats important to them and their own personal dreams. for those of us who have been fans for quite some time now, and even feel like weve grown with them and seen their progress over time, maybe you can agree that its important for them to not forget what made SCANDAL, well... SCANDAL. haha anyways thats it. for now .lol.

oh yes and.. excited for the single! .wow.

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:44 am

jac-kira

jac-kira

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.phentos.forosactivos.net
many CD singles, they should make an album. .wow.

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Babyaction1800x1080
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 am

vincendadiaz

vincendadiaz

International Performer
International Performer
i think no one will buy all the 4 version, only the nuts.
or my opinion, the management of sales should combine into 1 cd. Im sure it's gonna have "rocket speed" sales.
well, that's what i thought

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:45 pm

RP

RP

International Performer
International Performer
Even back then, when i first heard the news, i was really worried that its too soon. it may affect the quality, plus i think the TB is still a hot. Its a waste putting it behind lime light. Though everybody is excited with the new single, i have a bad feeling about this. But i hope it turn out to be good(best!). Or maybe, they've already prepared this even before TB. I just hope so.

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 TOMOMI

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Loadin13

8th Single - 「Scandal Nanka Buttobase」 - Page 4 Userba10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:24 pm

MrMojo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
[/quote]
This is what I tend to do, since i am already paying for international shipping I might as well get the best edition that will suit my needs in America i.e. Region 2 DVD's don't play in Region 1 DVD players.[/quote]

If you play the DVD on your computer's DVD drive, it will play Region 2 DVDs.
The problem is that you're allowed an X amount of time to do so.

But... you can work around that by either ripping the DVD to a media file (i.e. avi or mp4) which will then remove the DRM or copy the DVD (some DVD copy/ripper programs will remove the DRM feature upon copy).

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.