mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
HOHOHO I changed my mind, I want that kind of uniform more! LOVE

Anyways, RINA already mentioned about the completed uniform, so 100% there's a new uniform.

Amazed

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

|| [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ||
Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://chris87.multiply.com
SCANDAL w/o uniform = less marketability and commercial value goes down Shy but I like them with or without uniform, they should wear what they want without having to compromise themselves right? And Haruna would be more than happy not to wear the seifuku because she prefers pants to skirts so if no seifuku, it means happy Haru-chan! Nice One

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL without school girl uniforms =/= SCANDAL?
Posted on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:06 pm

nysuke

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandal without uniforms..
Cute with there rocker look and fobness (:

Scandal what are you doing? Scandal Stahp!

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EugeneAng wrote:Mmmmm,maybe they'll wear a uniform styled something like Winry's outfit! LOVE

LOL how about if their uniforms were styled like Hawkeye's? She hot too, you know Amazed

Back to top Go down

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i luv them with the uniforms. but everyone has to grow up. EVERYONE! unless you want to be angus young...

i give them another 3 years with the school uniforms. after that they have to re-invent themselves if they want to survive. won't mind them donning their old school uniforms for their 25th year reunion tour though.

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
DJ Spinner wrote:i luv them with the uniforms. but everyone has to grow up. EVERYONE! unless you want to be angus young...

i give them another 3 years with the school uniforms. after that they have to re-invent themselves if they want to survive. won't mind them donning their old school uniforms for their 25th year reunion tour though.

DJ, that's the best comment I've heard! You are so right, the uniforms will go kaput in another 3-4 years or so and they'll have to reinvent though their popularity will wane a little... at least they'll know who their true fans are then XD
And who is this Angus Young btw?

Back to top Go down

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
angus young, he's the lead guitarist for acdc. check out this vid from youtube

the school uniform is his trademark like since forever...

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
DJ Spinner wrote:angus young, he's the lead guitarist for acdc. check out this vid from youtube

the school uniform is his trademark like since forever...

AC/DC, the band that made "Back In Black" and "Highway To Hell"? Oh gorsh, I'm so stupid! How could I not have known?
Angus did popularize the school uniform outfit and he's one hell of a guitarist too! His performances live are off the charts! XD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:32 am

harunatic!

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Change is inevitable so if the time comes that the school girl uniforms have to go, then they should popularize another fashion statement..whatever they may come up with in mind, that's ok for me, but I don't like revealing clothes.. Tsk Tsk Tsk

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:07 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
harunatic! wrote:Change is inevitable so if the time comes that the school girl uniforms have to go, then they should popularize another fashion statement..whatever they may come up with in mind, that's ok for me, but I don't like revealing clothes.. Tsk Tsk Tsk

That is why the photobook is so unpopular amongst us.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

DJ Spinner

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
yea.. never did like the pics in the photobook.

Back to top Go down

harunatic!

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I didn't like the photobook either, I don't want to offend anyone but they look like they were drunk in the photos..

Back to top Go down

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Not the place to discuss this,there's a thread for the photobook discussion.Sorry that i mentioned it in the first place.

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't think the uniforms missing will be a problem...I love the music, as I'm sure you all do, and it's not all about the looks...even though that is a big part of it lol Common

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Damien wrote:I don't think the uniforms missing will be a problem...I love the music, as I'm sure you all do, and it's not all about the looks...even though that is a big part of it lol Common

I agree with you, Damien! A lot of us feel that image is just as important as the music but it shouldn't be the primary focus of forming a band. If SCANDAL hadn't started wearing their uniforms in the first place, I doubt they wouldn't have been as popular never mind that they make great music despite having learned to play their instruments in a short period of time (that still gets to me, how do they do it?)
Btw, how did you make your siggy? I really like it a lot and I was wondering what software you used to make it? XD

Back to top Go down

Damien

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I agree with you, I don't think they would be as popular if they weren't wearing uniforms in their first video. They must've had a lot of practice to be able to play so well in such a short time lol, great instructor, maybe?

and as for the sig, I didn't make it Shy

I don't know who did, I just found it while browsing for SCANDAL pics on the web...I would give credit to the maker if I knew who made it.

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I wonder what would have happened if the SPACE RANGER PV was made without them in uniforms; I guess the seifukus caught on because they performed together after school and probably since the uniforms are inexpensive and attractive so it stuck with them. It's not a revolutionary technique because a lot of bands before them have already done it but it's a tried-and-tested process that invariably works! Peace Onion
Their outfits have gone through a transitional change over time; their outfits do get skimpier with each single release but at least the core elements of their original school uniform is retained in one form or another Onion Rider

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:04 am

hamatori

Caless Student
Caless Student
natchi wrote:
coz you see... they cant be still wearing their school girls uniform when they reach mid-twenties... OMG Hmmm
Frankly i love them in not uniformed clothes, remember Shiroten days.. they are so freeee UHUH!

Agree with porcupine_tree Nice One
Initially the seifuku is a concept, it was uniformed like Space Ranger, DOLL, and Sakura Goodbye for every members.
Beginning from Shoujo S they wore different detail. School uniforms would always be the same right? But if they wear totally different clothes each other that will ruin the concept. Hence, they are still wear same clothes inside but wear skirt, shock, or tie in different colors.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:35 am

Kurotaka

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Chris and hamatori: Yeah, you're right. I hadn't noticed that. WTF!

And it's true that Scandal looked good with the clothes like in Shiroten ^^
Sony doesn't must forget that music is a little more important than clothes. Same uniforms for all members or Shiroten's clothes? It's perfect. ^^

Back to top Go down

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Hatamori and Kurotaka: I agree completely! Problem is SCANDAL probably became popular solely for their school uniforms and Sony pounced on that idea and decided to come up variation after variation after variation with each release. Somehow things have gotten lost in translation and that's why SCANDAL's music doesn't seem to have progressed much, being stifled both creatively and emotionally by Sony's corporate advertising plan. I still love the music, simply because it is emotive but they can't be doing girly rock songs all the time can they? Onion Rider

Back to top Go down

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
i mean what if they still kept the concept but not really uniforms Common like resembles them (look-a-like)

“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

zenry000

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
nah the school uniform is just coz they're still within the high school range, when they're older uniforms won't stay long xD but still SCANDAL is SCANDAL. the music doesn't change but the clothing does. so why struggle over the uniforms right? unless.. u hope to get some peek shots Nani?

-Working On A New Siggy-
RINA! RINA! ROCK YOU!
Back to top Go down

maboroshi

Caless Student
Caless Student
zenry000 wrote:nah the school uniform is just coz they're still within the high school range, when they're older uniforms won't stay long xD but still SCANDAL is SCANDAL. the music doesn't change but the clothing does. so why struggle over the uniforms right? unless.. u hope to get some peek shots Nani?

Dude, ya sick! Panties aint da only thang great abt girls bro! LULZ XDD
serious though, ya rite; SCANDAL is all about da music man, no need fer clothes to make them except image-wise dudes! and porcy-dude said:
@Hatamori and Kurotaka: I agree completely! Problem is SCANDAL probably became popular solely for their school uniforms and Sony pounced on that idea and decided to come up variation after variation after variation with each release. Somehow things have gotten lost in translation and that's why SCANDAL's music doesn't seem to have progressed much, being stifled both creatively and emotionally by Sony's corporate advertising plan.
Dude ya lost them marbles! LULZ XDDD aint have a single idea whatcha mean bro but serious, ya thinkin' waaaayyy too much fer yuh own good man!~

~peace~ \(^o^)/

Back to top Go down

haruhiyuu

International Performer
International Performer
http://koudai-na-sekai.blogspot.com/
uniforms are indeed part of scandal's trademark but IMO they would do just fine even w/o it..

i mean they're not getting any younger ayt?

they mature and so as the clothes they'll wear ~

w/ or w/o uniforms i would still support and love them ~

Eki x Tomia x Miyuko ♥

userbar by reo (y)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:47 am

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The music has always been #1 for me. They can wear whatever they want.

Back to top Go down