The Original Yumemiru [Page 1 of 3]

The Original Yumemiru
Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:25 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Well for those of you who don't know, "Yumemiru Tsubasa" is a revival of the Yumemiru song of the 80's group Hillbilly Bops.

I've know this thing for a long time, but I never tried watching it. But then a Shoutbox discussion on this came about which made me watch it for the first time. And OMG it really is a revival.

Let's give it a 90% similarity. They only revised the lyrics and gave it a modern rock tune.

You can watch the video here ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So the music had something to do with the original song. They didn't created Yumemiru Tsubasa but they revived it. No wonder many reacted when they heard it, they were like "F*** what happened to SCANDAL's style?".

----------------------------------------------------

So what do you guys think? Discuss! Cool

Last edited by mc~ on Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

|| [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ||
Back to top Go down

Re: The Original Yumemiru
Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.formspring.me/TsukiHaru
Well I didn't really like the hillbilly bops version compared to the SCANDAL version.

It kinda depends on what the individual thinks but to those who keep on asking "what happened to SCANDAL's style". I think they should go read their interviews more often as SCANDAL said in one of the interviews that they want Yumemiru Tsubasa to be different from their usual style. Anyway this is just what i think so I hope I didn't offend anyone in anyway Sweating

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:00 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
I was one of those who were asking "What happened to rockish songs?"

Can't really blame me,and the others actually. Tsk Tsk Tsk Compare this song to songs,familiar songs bursting with SCANDAL flavour like Doll,Shoujo S,S.L. Magic,Sakura Goodbye and you'll see what we mean.Of course,that's obvious enough.They added in a poppy electronic riff at the start of Yume miru Tsubasa too.Now,armed with these comparisons and thinking that you know SCANDAL's song styles,is it not a shock for them to come up with a song like this?

Still,i'm relieved that it's only a remake. Sweating

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 pm

nikid

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.verygooddays.com/main/
oh...i didnt knew this, thnkx mc....the SCANDAL version is so much better Ehem
I wasnt like the ones who thought "what happened to SCANDAL's style", i like it right in the very first time i heard it....it feel a different, but its SCANDAL ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:40 pm

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
I like the SCANDAL version better because it has it's own power and

spirit.........This is SCANDAL, not Hillbilly Bops.... i wouldnt mind if it's a

remake because SCANDAL sang out their OWN

WAY!!!!!!!!!! Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:37 am

shade04

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The Original song isn't that bad actually but Scandal revise of the song and true they made it more catchy and modern Nice One

Kawaii Haru-chi daisuki - zutto aishite imasu, - ShAdE-kun
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:33 am

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
EugeneAng wrote:I was one of those who were asking "What happened to rockish songs?"

Can't really blame me,and the others actually. Tsk Tsk Tsk Compare this song to songs,familiar songs bursting with SCANDAL flavour like Doll,Shoujo S,S.L. Magic,Sakura Goodbye and you'll see what we mean.Of course,that's obvious enough.They added in a poppy electronic riff at the start of Yume miru Tsubasa too.Now,armed with these comparisons and thinking that you know SCANDAL's song styles,is it not a shock for them to come up with a song like this?

Still,i'm relieved that it's only a remake. Sweating

Haha well it would have been a shock for me if I did not see that interview but since I already saw it before the PV was out, I wasn't shocked Silence

Well remake or not it still is great so it doesn't matter that much Sweating

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
Honestly, I like that original version, dunno why. Hahaha. But ofcourse SCANDAL version is the greatest one. Cool Walk

Well I wasn't surprised the first time I heard it, I really liked it. I remember playing the radio rip of it on repeat for 2 hours. But I was also thinking what happened because I didn't saw the interview Haruka was talking about.

But all my worries flied away the first time I watched the PV. Dance

I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

|| [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ||
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:40 pm

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
mc~ wrote:Honestly, I like that original version, dunno why. Hahaha. But ofcourse SCANDAL version is the greatest one. Cool Walk

Well I wasn't surprised the first time I heard it, I really liked it. I remember playing the radio rip of it on repeat for 2 hours. But I was also thinking what happened because I didn't saw the interview Haruka was talking about.

SCANDAL does sing out the song in their own way. So, it's ok by me...... Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:29 pm

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
mc~ wrote:Honestly, I like that original version, dunno why. Hahaha. But ofcourse SCANDAL version is the greatest one. Cool Walk

i agree the original is good but SCANDAL made it even better Nice One
yea from what you said mc~ i did the same i was listening to the radio rip for quite sometimes because its a different feel and its not the original SCANDAL style but it was still good LOVE

“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 am

Innovation

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, This surprised me. I didn't know it was a revival
The original sounds good but I think Scandal's version gave
a little more spirit~

Tomomi A classic
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://chris87.multiply.com
I'll admit, I went WTF! when I heard the Hillbilly Bops version: I was wondering " Did SCANDAL rip them off?" but since they made only a few minor alterations to the lyrics and the music, and they revamped it for the modern generation I have no complaints with that. In fact, I'll go so far as to say they've honoured the original and made it their own Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:28 am

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

whheeew...I thought it's 100% SCANDAL song... Silence

the original song sounds so oldiest...is it 80's song??

Heso...!!!

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Koide Namizo wrote:Heso...!!!

whheeew...I thought it's 100% SCANDAL song... Silence

the original song sounds so oldiest...is it 80's song??

Heso...!!!

Yup Koide, unfortunately the song's not a SCANDAL original Sweating The original was sung by HILLBILLY BOPS, it was called Yumemiru Omi (I think) or yume miru; our girls merely remade the song and altered the lyrics a little and added Tsubasa to the title and hence, "Yumemiru Tsubasa" Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:22 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
Don't worry Koide even I got surprised when I found out. But it was really a nice pick to revive. SCANDAL version sounded really cool.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:56 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well, come to think of it, the girls did covers of JUDY AND MARY's classic hit DAYDREAM and K-On!'s Don't Say Lazy Clap so covering songs isn't something new and in Japan it's seen as something of a complement to the original artiste Nice One

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:27 pm

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ Yea music covering isn't new in Japan. Like in Animax Musix - Link to the World, those singers who are there sang covers for other songs which are pretty nice too. =)

Hope SCANDAL can do a few more covers though =x

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Michio

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.youtube.com/ginkarasu
mc~ wrote:Don't worry Koide even I got surprised when I found out. But it was really a nice pick to revive. SCANDAL version sounded really cool.

yeah, but after hearing the original I prefer the SCANDAL version LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Kurotaka

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
That's sure ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 pm

porcupine_tree

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well to each his/her own I always say! Nice One We are all familiar with SCANDAL's version so it's definite that we'll favour their version more; I like HILLBILLY BOPS' version too, has that idoru matinee feel to it Clap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 am

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
If we're gonna talk about them covering more songs, I say they should cover cute songs and add it with a modern rock-y tune. Like YUI did in "Ame agari no Yozora ni". Clap

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:47 am

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

well..maybe that's why yumemiru tsubasa doesn't sound 100% SCANDAL...YUH know what I mean???I saw in many site people complaining about yumemiru tsubasa...they said it's too pop, it's too soft for SCANDAL and something like that...XDDDDDDDDDDd

Heso...!!!

Hehee Hehee

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:35 pm

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
Well I think that what everybody thinks. But after watching this, it will all clear up. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 pm

Kurotaka

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Koide Namizo wrote:I saw in many site people complaining about yumemiru tsubasa...they said it's too pop, it's too soft for SCANDAL

There is softer than Yumemiru Tsubasa. It's Start (always from Scandal), it's the intro of the game Star Ocean Second Evolution. It's the link of the song on YT: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] xD

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:43 pm

~KaKouYi~

Banned
Banned
wow thx kurotaka i didn't known until now XD *downloading the song now*

Back to top Go down